Deleted
    Hey guys did someone mention a while ago a mafia game on another forums where the rules were hidden at the start of the mafia and slowly revealed? I know I saw it here but cant remember the where or who and searching isnt helping

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea about that celtic, if it was mentioned I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    Hey guys did someone mention a while ago a mafia game on another forums where the rules were hidden at the start of the mafia and slowly revealed? I know I saw it here but cant remember the where or who and searching isnt helping
    I think it was Arlee that mentioned it and I think she meant game 15 and 16. They were at a another (free) forum (created just for the purpose). We were each given an account name and a role. We only knew our own account name so there was no way of telling who was who and you couldn't see if people were playing out of character or not. It worked for that purpose. There were some downsides though. The activity was less than normal. It was thought to be because it was just not on MMO-C it wasn't something you did while you were browsing MMO-C, you had to actually go to a different forum. Some also considered it less fun to not play as it didn't feel like you were playing with friends but with some unknown people. So we went back to having the game on MMO-C. There might be more reasons as well that I don't remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    My avatar isnt THAT different
    You've never had an avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    I've read none of these arguments.
    ^^

Can we just let it go now? Plenty of people have broken rules, plenty of people have bended rules, plenty of people have disagreed about whether or not they've bent or broken specific rules, and that seems to be the case here, no ones minds are being changed, so let's just move on and try to make sure it doesn't happen again, whether it be through self-discipline or the inclusion of a new rule.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Quote Originally Posted by keleb View Post
    I think it was Arlee that mentioned it and I think she meant game 15 and 16. They were at a another (free) forum (created just for the purpose). We were each given an account name and a role. We only knew our own account name so there was no way of telling who was who and you couldn't see if people were playing out of character or not. It worked for that purpose. There were some downsides though. The activity was less than normal. It was thought to be because it was just not on MMO-C it wasn't something you did while you were browsing MMO-C, you had to actually go to a different forum. Some also considered it less fun to not play as it didn't feel like you were playing with friends but with some unknown people. So we went back to having the game on MMO-C. There might be more reasons as well that I don't remember.
    I personally think those were two of the best games we've played.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I personally think those were two of the best games we've played.
    Yea, I think they were nice. I myself had no problem with the off-site thing as I usually keep a tab with the game thread open at all times anyway so it was no different if it was on MMO-C or another site. In part I agree to the not playing with friends part. It's nice not knowing everyone, but it's also very impersonal. I think I said it back then as well, those games were nice, but I wouldn't want to have it that way all the time, but once every now and then maybe. I might look into it for my next game.

Deleted
    Nope. I dont think it was a game played my the mmo-c crew but on another site completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I think they were nice. I myself had no problem with the off-site thing as I usually keep a tab with the game thread open at all times anyway so it was no different if it was on MMO-C or another site. In part I agree to the not playing with friends part. It's nice not knowing everyone, but it's also very impersonal. I think I said it back then as well, those games were nice, but I wouldn't want to have it that way all the time, but once every now and then maybe. I might look into it for my next game.
    I still have that site around here somewhere lol

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    Pretty sure I found it:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=8712

But I cant figure out who posted it

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    Pretty sure I found it:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=8712

But I cant figure out who posted it
    Ahh my guess would be Lysah. Seems like a fun game.

I can strongly recommend reading the mind screw games (1-3) on Mafiascum. Awesome ideas for anyone wanting to be a bastard mod with style.
    Number two is the best of the lot. Number 4 is just sad I am afraid.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Yea it was nice, though I thought it was hilarious that I could decide if I should trust Lysah or not in the Pokemon game over there even though I didn't know she was Lysah. Which is exactly how I generally feel with her in these games. Which says that at least it's just how she posts and not because Lysah

Danner we have done some bastard mod things in the past. Most people seem to not like it though. Though people have gotten MUCh better at dealing with closed set-ups which is awesome. The first game was bad because people where to afraid to do anything, which sometimes still happens but not nearly to the same extent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well game 13 was fine. I think that one was enjoyed by everyone.

Game 14 was a bit iffy though.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the one where we were Pokemon, or was that both of them? I don't remember now xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Danner we have done some bastard mod things in the past. Most people seem to not like it though. Though people have gotten MUCh better at dealing with closed set-ups which is awesome. The first game was bad because people where to afraid to do anything, which sometimes still happens but not nearly to the same extent.
    I think our shortest game ever was when I was a basterdised cop and Dyra was Mayor and I just happened to investigate her night 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I think our shortest game ever was when I was a basterdised cop and Dyra was Mayor and I just happened to investigate her night 1.
    Yea... that was pretty funny I remember watching that game and laughing a ton. It's also amuses me how often mods will set-up games and not worry about this one thing happening because in order for it to happen so many other things have to happen and the chances of that are small. Mafia here is pretty much the ultimate expression of "just because the chances of something happening are small doesn't mean they can't happen"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yea... that was pretty funny I remember watching that game and laughing a ton. It's also amuses me how often mods will set-up games and not worry about this one thing happening because in order for it to happen so many other things have to happen and the chances of that are small. Mafia here is pretty much the ultimate expression of "just because the chances of something happening are small doesn't mean they can't happen"
    As happens in Order of The Stick a lot if the chances of a thing are one in a million its a surefire thing

Its also true that you guys seem to be afraid to try new things but when you do and get used to the you embrace them happily :P

I don't like change man! If something is going to change I need to know 3 months ahead of time, and I need to know all the details so I can get used to the idea. And then none of those details can change or else I'll need an extra three months!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    You weren't bastardised up until that moment. I think the game should have been stopped when it happened, but it's all water under the bridge. Kinda...

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    Rights guys as you may have noticed I have two ideas for a mafia game plan however obviously I can only plan and run one at a time (and no im not going to do back-to-back mafias ). A lot of people have expressed interest in my create-your-own-role mafia and some people have expressed interest in my star wars mafia.

So heres what Im going to do: Give you guys the choice.

I will lay out my general plans for the two mafias and each mafia player (anyone that has or is or even interested in playing mafia) will be allowed one vote towards one or the other mafia. You may either post your Vote here (bolded please) or PM me privately what your vote is.

You can change your vote anytime up to the deadline however the last vote I receive from you is the one that is going to count.

The deadline for this little poll is 30th of September. Plenty of time to vote and plenty of time to set-up my star wars mfia should be the choice. So here are the options:

Designer Mafia - This will be the make-your-own-role mafia. Basically as soon as you sign up you have to make up and send me 2 or more roles (One town, One mafia and if you choose to send in more whatever you want them to be). I will then take all the roles submitted and tweak them until some semblance of balance in the game is achieved. YOU WILL NOT BE RECEIVING A ROLE YOU CREATED. I just want to stress this. You will be receiving a role somebody else created. I can help anyone who struggles with making roles. The ruleset for this mafia will be a basic ruleset from most games

OR

Star Wars Mafia - This will be the mafia I had originally planned to make. It will be created by me and keleb with elyfluff helping out. The theme will be star wars however in the vein of the mind screw mafia I will be inventing and possibly hiding rules. Examples include "Day 2 all FOS are votes and all votes are FOS" and things like that. It will be a standard mafia vs town game just with rule changes here and there. There will be a basic ruleset that I wont change however new rules can be thrown in at anytime for any reason.

If you guys have any questions feel free to ask and I will answer. And dont forget to vote

Are we starting soon. Id like us to start soon...