Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Every time someone releases console-only game, they steal it from PC gaming community!

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Every time someone releases console-only game, they steal it from PC gaming community!
    I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Nope, it's Nintendo he's talking about. 'Stolen' was definitely the correct term.
    No, it's not. It really isn't.

It'd be like Super Mario suddenly appearing on the 360.
    Again, no, it's not. It really isn't. You're comparing a first party game to a third party game. The difference is insurmountable.

Some games just belong on certain consoles (simply because the playerbase feels that way, thank you very much) and it's just outrageous to see them on others.
    Completely meaningless. They don't take your irrationality into consideration when making these decisions, nor should they have to.
    There's also the fact that Nintendo's target audience has really been for the 17 and under crowd for...sheesh, ever. Now suddenly they're going to release an extremely mature game on their new system? You know, I can see parents getting more upset about this than anyone lol.
    Once again, no, it's not. It really isn't. Their target audience is "everyone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

Quote Originally Posted by ysbag View Post
    You're reasoning is weird.
    How is BBS not needed to understand the plot for example? The plot extends beyond what is shown and talked about in KH I and II. And to understand it properly you prolly need to play every game and that is what really sucks about the games being spread over all the platforms.
    Aqua, Ventus, and the Wimp don't matter to Sora and Riku's storylines.

The entire point of BBS was to elaborate on the previously shady details on "Ansem finding Xehanort in a wasteland."

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Aqua, Ventus, and the Wimp don't matter to Sora and Riku's storylines.

The entire point of BBS was to elaborate on the previously shady details on "Ansem finding Xehanort in a wasteland."
    Spoiler--

Did you watch the secret ending where Aqua in the Realm of Darkness calls out to Sora to come and save her? and Terra as well. And not to mention that Ventus' heart is sleeping and recovering in Sora. And since Riku's been possesed by Xehanort's heartless in KH I Terra's heart, or a part of it, could've even escaped into Riku for all we know. >_>
    So they matter big time considering we'll be saving their asses in KH III.

Spoilers end--

And lol at everyone being the target audience for Nintendo. xD

=And lol at everyone being the target audience for Nintendo. xD
    Let me guess, you think the games are made for kids only?

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Didnt you hear?

In Bayonetta 2 she shares her lollipops.

Sharing is Caring, thats what we should all learn as children.
    Nintendo trying to educate us, what the hell is this.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Didnt you hear?

In Bayonetta 2 she shares her lollipops.

Sharing is Caring, thats what we should all learn as children.
    Nintendo trying to educate us, what the hell is this.
    Wow, you're right. Nintendo truly only caters to babbies, for shame Nintendo, for shame.

And lol at everyone being the target audience for Nintendo. xD
    But they do market to everyone. Even adults play nintendo games, but yea, it is pretty shocking that people above 8 still like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Of couarse totally!

No, but saying they're for everone is just a joke all the same.
    The PS3/360 have a pretty similiar market and Nintendo has a totally different one. And with that comes a different audience.

Of course Nintendo's audience is mostly young people/kids with the adventure and Jump n Run thing got going. Then there are the party games and you probably aren't going to find many 30+ playing them.
    Games like CoD or DMC or Darksider don't really have a place on Nintendo. There are a few exception like No More Heroes but clearly it's not the main focus of Nintendo.

The age is probably not the righr measure to dsicribe the audience it's rather the gamer himself that matters, but you can't discard the fact that a big part of the audience are kids.

There's a lot of misconceptions.

It's not like Bayonetta 2 was in development and Nintendo swooped in and bought it off Sega and then made it an exclusive. They took what no one else was willing to publish and made it happen.

Nintendo is putting on its "big boy" pants. You should see the upcoming titles for the Wii U before the year is out. Assassin's Creed 3, Black Ops 2, Bayonetta 2, Ninja Gaiden 3, Arkham City, Darksiders 2, ZombiU, Mass Effect 3, Aliens:Colonial Marines, Tekkan Tag Tournament 2, and a few others will be available before the end of the year. And you know what? This is the biggest M-rated library of Nintendo games I've ever seen on one Nintendo system alone. All literally will be out before the end 2012.

Look, my point is, Nintendo didn't "steal" anything. A lot of people are getting butthurt over Nintendo seeing a business opportunity and taking it.

Nintendo did their homework and is working on a strong library around launch, unlike the 3DS that had a VERY weak launch and left a lot of disappointed fans. Myself included. I recently just bought my 3DS after hearing Nintendo reserved the copyrights for Links Awakening 3DS, Link to the Past 3DS, and Majora's Mask 3DS.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I imagine is most of the consoles sales will be parents buying them for their kids. They will not pick up Bayonetta 2 for their little ones. I really dont think this console is going to go good for nintendo.

IMO everything they have done since the N64 as been a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah Ps3 and Xbox wouldn't take Bayonetta 2, but Nintendo will! Obviously Nintendo is stealing it! Sony and Microsoft didn't want it, so obviously it was stolen from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Claws View Post
    There's a lot of misconceptions.

It's not like Bayonetta 2 was in development and Nintendo swooped in and bought it off Sega and then made it an exclusive. They took what no one else was willing to publish and made it happen.

Im not sure if this is the case. Sega scrapped a ton of their in development games due to them going bankrupt.

Theres a few Sega titles in Nintendos launch window. Maybe Nintendo decided to help fund their old rival in exchange for the rights to some of their titles.

Its a very smart move. People thought Bayonetta 2 was cancelled. Theres a lot of hype knowing that it not only exists, but its an exclusive for a new console. It might help push Wii u's

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    no, its just that sega is nintendo's bitch.
    Which is funny when you remember those commercials.

Im not sure if this is the case. Sega scrapped a ton of their in development games due to them going bankrupt.

Theres a few Sega titles in Nintendos launch window. Maybe Nintendo decided to help fund their old rival in exchange for the rights to some of their titles.

Its a very smart move. People thought Bayonetta 2 was cancelled. Theres a lot of hype knowing that it not only exists, but its an exclusive for a new console. It might help push Wii u's
    Nintendo and SEGA have both been in the news in the past. I am trying to find a link where Nintendo "with great interest" wanted to make a deal with SEGA involving exclusive rights to some of their franchises.

Can't seem to find it anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account

Bayonetta 2 is not a console seller.

Quote Originally Posted by zerocoolhack View Post
    Bayonetta 2 is not a console seller.
    Yup, that's exactly what he said.

Of couarse totally!

No, but saying they're for everone is just a joke all the same.
    The PS3/360 have a pretty similiar market and Nintendo has a totally different one. And with that comes a different audience.

Of course Nintendo's audience is mostly young people/kids with the adventure and Jump n Run thing got going. Then there are the party games and you probably aren't going to find many 30+ playing them.
    Games like CoD or DMC or Darksider don't really have a place on Nintendo. There are a few exception like No More Heroes but clearly it's not the main focus of Nintendo.

The age is probably not the righr measure to dsicribe the audience it's rather the gamer himself that matters, but you can't discard the fact that a big part of the audience are kids.
    Nintendo is trying to bring back the "hardcore, mature" gamer crowd. The problem is that after the Wii didn't have many popular third party titles everyone forgot about every previous Nintendo console and act like they've only ever targeted a young audience with games lacking the big boy themes of violence, nudity, and coarse language since the SNES because every true gamer loves CoD and other FPSs on the xbox and ps. And now seeing Bayonetta only being bought by Nintendo is apparently an appalling thought because it would be better off staying cancelled or something since they need to learn their place as casual-kiddy game makers.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-09-14 at 08:56 AM.