Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    After 10 months of telling people on this forum not to use Noxxic, I'm sure you can understand that I cba anymore.
    I can, but they are still people.

Maybe we should have a sticky at the top of the forums that could explain why sites like Noxxic are incorrect and bad to use.

Oh wait, you won't do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Maybe we should have a sticky at the top of the forums that could explain why sites like Noxxic are incorrect and bad to use.

Oh wait, you won't do that.
    shots fired

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    I can, but they are still people.
    It's a shit site that gives bad info. Sticky it!

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    It's a shit site that gives bad info. Sticky it!
    To be fair, if people are derp and won't listen after people say not to use Noxxic, said people aren't really worth your time since they won't listen to good info anyways.

Really doesn't need to be a sticky. Soon as you hear someone say "Noxxic" you tell them "No! NO! That's a bad Mage! No!" and whack them with a wand-shaped newspaper.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

"The Noxxic servers are temporarily at max load.

Please wait a few minutes before trying again!"

Doesn't seem like anyone is taking your advice lol.

To be fair, if you're a new player, and you google mage guides, Noxxic is one of the top 5 results.

I could get behind a PSA telling people not to use Noxxic. That website has gone above and beyond the call of duty to be trash for years now.

Deleted
    Are frost mages supposed to Flamestrike/arcane explo during AoE and ignore blizzard? Aka 4+ targets when frozen orb and CoC is on cd?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiusmuotoilu View Post
    Are frost mages supposed to Flamestrike/arcane explo during AoE and ignore blizzard? Aka 4+ targets when frozen orb and CoC is on cd?
    It has been awhile since I last checked so it could be out of date, but I believe Flamestrike is good if it can get all of its DoT's up on the Mobs for the entire duration, then Blizzard actually is slightly better than AE, however AE has the benefit of being able to cast while moving as well as hit mobs that are moving without having to recast a channeled spell.

Deleted
    As 583 frost mage, what haste should I cap? 54.2% or 45.88% and put the rest in mastery? More haste better for multidottin fights while 45.88% better for single/dual target ones or i'm wrong? I don't want to reforge for every different boss of SOO, was just wondering if one of the two on average is better or they pretty much depend on the fight.
    Thank you!

I have literally no idea what those percentages are.

At your ilvl haste = mastery until 15697. So, you can reforge slightly higher for the 15832 if you wanna do the beast multi dot damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    I have literally no idea what those percentages are.

At your ilvl haste = mastery until 15697. So, you can reforge slightly higher for the 15832 if you wanna do the beast multi dot damage.
    54.2% is 15832 haste, which is what i have now. I was wondering if going back to 45.88% (12684 haste) to gain about 8% mastery was better tho... from what you said, it's better if i stick with 15832?

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    15832 would be best, yes.

Dropping would be better if you were trying to optimize for single target, but we're talking 1-2% for a purely single target fight under the absolute best of circumstances, not something that actually matters in practice.

Deleted
    Does the 2 secondary > 1 int rule hold through all ilvls and situations (single/multi)? For haste/mastery as well as crit?
    Last edited by mmoc527afa047c; 2014-08-31 at 03:04 PM.

Hey
    I wonder about one thing. (here is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Kira/advanced)
    I asked mrrobot to optimaze my reforges/gems and thats what i got: http://scr.hu/240k/geyqw
    Should i replace all orange gems 80int/160haste for 160exp/160haste, and with that customization gain almost 9% of mastery after reforging? But i will lose something like ~850 SP, which im not sure if it is good move.
    What should i do ? :O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kiruz View Post
    Should i replace all orange gems 80int/160haste for 160exp/160haste, and with that customization gain almost 9% of mastery after reforging? But i will lose something like ~850 SP, which im not sure if it is good move.
    never gem INT
    2x secondary (hit/expertise 'til cap, haste, mastery) always beats 1x intellect; avoid reforging/gemming crit

Speaking of things to avoid. I am just getting back into playing after a year and half break. basically took break shortly after Mists release. What websites are current with good info on gemming/reforging/spec etc?. For example this his thread was made in 2012. How current is the info? has it been maintained and so forth? I would dearly appreciate anyone to point me in the right direction. Im seeing alot of rule of thumbs like Fire=TopEndGear Frost=BegGear Arc=InTheMiddle. But these numbers being thrown out for ratings quotas have become foreign to me lol. I mean, I'll research on my own and all, but I'm looking for the valuable pro tips Much Appreciated in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering would such a high level of haste (say 15832) be worth it with a relatively high latency? I notice during lust/meta proc it's very easy to miss procs, cast ice lance without a proc and hard cast a FFB accidentally. Errors are much lower when FB is back to a >1sec cast time.