Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Best game of current generation(360,ps3,wii)

I know we havn't seen every game from the consoles from this generation yet but if there was a best game of them all what do you think it would be? I think it would be one of the mass effect games or halo 4 and yes I know its not out yet. Other big ones could be elder scrolls or twilight princess

Twilight Princess is last generation. It's a GameCube game that was mangled ported to the Wii.

10+ Year Old Account
    Portal 2. Oh god. Portal 2 won so hard. Everyone's answer below mine is now invalid.
    Last edited by Klutzington; 2012-10-05 at 01:22 PM.

Twilight Princess, for me. Xenoblade is pretty darn good too.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-10-01 at 09:30 PM.

Skyward Sword for Wii gets my vote.

I don't play X Box. I love PS3 but all the games feel so similar that to be honest none stand out enough for me to select just one as best. Skyward Sword was revolutionary with actually swinging your sword with your own body (sort of), had a great story line (being Zelda), and of course was a long dynamic game.

If we're talking console only, I'd have to say Red Dead Redemption.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

I bought an Xbox360 entirely for Guitar Hero. Other than a few hours (less than 10 in each game) of SF4, MK9, RDR and AC, I haven't played anything else on my Xbox. If I could check my hours played I'm sure it would be in the top 3 of all time for me - I'm 28 so that's saying something.

Haven't touched my Xbox for over a year but it was one of the best skill based games I've played, hands down best console game.

Skyward Swordu
    Is this a 2000s or 2010s thread

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Skyward Swordu
    Is this a 2000s or 2010s thread
    It is a console generation thread. The seventh to be exact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...th_generation)
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Deleted
    Red Dead Redemption captivated me on every possible level.

Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    It is a console generation thread. The seventh to be exact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...th_generation)
    Oh, that makes more sense.

Mass Effect, the series. (Minus the original ending for #3. Haven't seen the extended ending yet.) It has an epic story. Graphics were decent and got better. Gameplay became more like a shooter, but it kept RPG elements and overall got better. Certain elements that were shortchanged in the second game were improved in the third. And the music in the third was just plain epic.

Downsides: It's an EA product. And by that, I mean all the DLC and crappy ending (got rushed out, in my opinion). And it does become more action/shooter, which isn't a bad thing by itself. But anyone trying to play the second game like they did in the first is going to have a bad time.

Witcher 2?

See iv never been into elderscrolls. Its like wow with way better graphics no online or multyplayer and its not hard like a single player rpg should be.

Although developed for PC it is on PS3 and Xbox 360, so my vote goes towards Portal 2.

Though the biggest timesink was Super Smash Brothers BRAWL for me. It became so natural to play while chilling out, drinking beer and ordering / eating pizza. Its kinda funny how Nintendo kinda came back into my life when I started university XD

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bastion!
    Skyward sword was amazing aswell though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

I'd say Brawl, despite being fucking awful in the competitive aspect, is still a pretty fun party game.

I don't play 360/PS3, though Siren: Blood Curse on PS3 looked amazing.

Although 3DS is 8th gen, I have to say Kid Icarus Uprising is one of the best non-PC games I've played in years.

This generation no other game can get close to the hype & excitement that MASS EFFECT provided. While folks got overly offensive over the ending the story told, characters, worlds and choice system left a big mark on the Xbox360, PC & PS3. However I find it distasteful that the upcoming set with all 3 games barely includes the DLC so that you STILL have to buy it separately. Regardless of the DLC, the games are a MUST PLAY.

Coming up close are the BATMAN ARKHAM games which deliver great atmosphere, amazing action, visuals and tense story filled with tons of easter eggs & mysteries.

For the "arcade" style of competitive gaming few can challenge MORTAL KOMBAT 9. Visually satisfying, filled with gore & deep combat schemes that are easy to get in to yet hard to master this game will challenge you and provide you with tons of fun.

On the indie side of the story I have to say BASTION is a great game. Compelling story, great visuals, awesome narrator and fun gameplay. You can't go wrong with this game.

For me, it'd have to be Dark Souls. Easily in my top five of all time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    If we're talking console only, I'd have to say Red Dead Redemption.
    Red Dead Redemption all the frakkin way.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is a close second (AC3 looks awesome as well, but I've not played it yet)
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30