Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    This is one of the main reasons I have not chipped in any money. They've got how many millions but still feel its okay to charge hundreds for ships? The thinking that makes that "okay" strikes me as all kinds of wrong. I like Chris but crap like this sets off my bullshit detectors. Gives me a "I've got a bad feeling about this" vibe.
    The people wanted it and wanted them to keep doing it. Huge polls and shit were setup. The pricing is just circumstance of what the original small packages were like.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

The Endeavor is pretty beautiful. I'll try to go for that ship when the PU comes out. In other news, here's a nice article and video from Gamers Nexus about DX12 and Vulkan for Star Citizen.

http://www.gamersnexus.net/gg/2114-c...ulkan-and-tech

Zeta, your problem isn't that you are a dissenting voice. It's that you feel the need to whip it out and dissent all over everyones face at every possible moment. Any time any sort of positive discussion happens you swoop in to repeat the same tired statement for the 3000th time.

We get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Zeta, your problem isn't that you are a dissenting voice. It's that you feel the need to whip it out and dissent all over everyones face at every possible moment. Any time any sort of positive discussion happens you swoop in to repeat the same tired statement for the 3000th time.

We get it.
    Ditto, this is basically what Zeta does

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Jesus, the fact that people spend $350 for a ship in a game that doesn't exist/isn't released yet, much less just shy of a thousand dollars continues to blow my god damned mind. I just will never understand it.
    Yeah, it baffles me as a backer too. I bought the Avenger and Cutlass, that was the extent of how much money I was giving them. Blame the whales man, because they are the people who keep empowering CIG to do this. My opinion is that I have enough to get me going in the game and that I will earn everything eventually. I am probably going to move my Cutlass to a different account so that I can be a pirate, then go around busting pirates asses with my Avenger.

10+ Year Old Account
    im not really having an issue with Star citizen, if people want to give donate money to get a Ship as a gift in return let them

just feels like some people are trying to make RSI to being the same as that "Trials of accention " thing that was going on

well the main different is that people can actually get into the game. get the Ships they were gifted and most of the ships they can actually fly around in

RSI isnt trying to pass off Freebie assets that came with the Cry engine that Trials was doing with the Unity engine.

they are actually making stuff people can see and interact with
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post

We get it.
    The developer has a history of vaporware
    The project has missed countless deadlines that they themselves have set.
    They promised the game last year, despite knowing what it was going to take to build the game and missed it.
    They are adding in a paytowin backing program, getting amazing powerfull ships for hundreds of dollars
    They are showing murky finacials, the backers know next to nothing on what the money is being spent on, no one has any idea on what the money is being spent on, there are rumors that its being spent on things that arnt the game.
    They were making grand and grander promises with each and every backing goal that was made adding months upon months with each extra feature.
    There is allready horrible stigma behind the whole "kickstarter" or buy this promise package that you will get if we finish the game operations going on, with astronomically small amounts of games actually getting finished let alone deliverying what was originally promised.
    I see those that are religiously defending this project with absolutely no hint of anything wrong as promoting these bad business practices and SC gives other companys the idea they can do this and will get people excited and flop.

For now the game is not out, its not remotely close to being finished, they are slowly releasing different blocks of the game that will eventually slot into a finished project.

If they game succeeds and suprises me ill be happy, ill prob even play it, but as it is i see shoddy practices and they will encourage other companys to do the same thing.

a good example was thier e3 showing, instead of being at e3 they were in london doing motion capture for some fps mode the game will eventually have. THey dont even have the core space game finished or fully publicly playable but they are worried about motion capture for a element that wasnt even originally going to be in the game? If i had been a backer of the space game i would have been enormously fucking pissed at that. Do that shit after you get the core game finished.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2015-10-02 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Every single game CR has worked on has released. Perhaps not with all the features he would've wanted because of the suits, but they nevertheless released.

- - - Updated - - -

CR has made absolutely no deadlines whatsoever. If you are talking about the team's at the absolute earliest testing release dates, then you are only partially correct.

- - - Updated - - -

They promised the game last year, despite knowing what it was going to take to build the game and missed it.
    Incorrect. No date was ever set in stone; the original campaign only stated that we could see a playable test of Star Citizen (as it was back then, when CR only asked for three million, before the vision expanded) late 2014. We do have that exact test right now, and it was released before 2015.

- - - Updated - - -

They are adding in a paytowin backing program, getting amazing powerfull ships for hundreds of dollars.
    Somewhat true, depending on your definition of P2W. Keep in mind that 1. the prices of the ships beyond the base game were set high to discourage people from simply buying the "best ships", and 2. this is only temporary until the game launches. The ship store will be removed upon launch. The package deals are advertised to promote continued fundraising.

- - - Updated - - -

They are showing murky financials, the backers know next to nothing on what the money is being spent on, no one has any idea on what the money is being spent on, there are rumors that its being spent on things that arnt the game.
    1. "Murky financials?" Where did you pull that out of?
    2. We know what the money is being spent on; read the monthly reports to the backers.
    3. Rumors that you imagined?

- - - Updated - - -

They were making grand and grander promises with each and every backing goal that was made adding months upon months with each extra feature.
    And Chris Roberts himself stopped making those promises several months ago to prevent the dream from becoming unrealistically massive. Their goal ATM is to work on what was already promised, with the possibility of more being added later.

- - - Updated - - -

There is allready horrible stigma behind the whole "kickstarter" or buy this promise package that you will get if we finish the game operations going on, with astronomically small amounts of games actually getting finished let alone deliverying what was originally promised.
    How does this relate to Star Citizen?

- - - Updated - - -

I see those that are religiously defending this project with absolutely no hint of anything wrong as promoting these bad business practices and SC gives other companys the idea they can do this and will get people excited and flop.
    There are definitely concerns in the community, and we have voiced several of our owns many times on this very thread. If your perception of us being too "religious defenders" has prevented you from seeing our own concerns, than I am not sorry.

I don't know what other kickstarters you speak of, but only Star Citizen is Star Citizen. If they think they can attain the mass funding of SC, then let them think what they will. I do not know about them, but I do know SC has proven expertise and mastery under it's belt at the helm.

- - - Updated - - -

For now the game is not out, its not remotely close to being finished, they are slowly releasing different blocks of the game that will eventually slot into a finished project.
    Annnd? That was the plan we were advertised, and that's how professional triple-A game the likes of Mass Effect are developed. You develop the different facets of the game and then fit them together. A shame that you only just became aware that this was a form of development.

- - - Updated - - -

If they game succeeds and suprises me ill be happy, ill prob even play it, but as it is i see shoddy practices and they will encourage other companys to do the same thing.
    Would you point out to me these "shoddy practices?"

If Star Citizen does indeed flop, there will be undoubtedly be a reactionary force strong enough within the crowdfunding community to pass rules to prevent or otherwise discourage other companies from doing the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

a good example was thier e3 showing, instead of being at e3 they were in london doing motion capture for some fps mode the game will eventually have. THey dont even have the core space game finished or fully publicly playable but they are worried about motion capture for a element that wasnt even originally going to be in the game? If i had been a backer of the space game i would have been enormously fucking pissed at that. Do that shit after you get the core game finished.
    The backers were very clearly informed that as Star Citizen was continually funded, the vision would be developed, and development would be rearranged to accommodate the new vision.

I find it strange that you would correlate the FPS module as delaying the base game; the team in Austin and the team in London have absolutely nothing to do with each other development wise on their respective modules. Fact is Zeta, the space sim module would still be in the exact same state it is right now even if the FPS module did not exist. Their development is separate from each other.

- - - Updated - - -

I do not claim Star Citizen will succeed; even I have been careful enough to sink no more than $100 into this project, but as the project has slowly come closer and closer to fruition, the chances of it failing spectacularly as you say become less and less likely.

Deleted
    if you have the smallest clue about game developing it's pretty obvious this is a dead game and more like a ponzi scheme

Deleted
    I kickstarted SC with lowest amount that could get me full game, if it ever comes out, profit! If our rich friends want to SC to succeed with as many donations as they give them, why not let them? It's not pay to win in any way (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post
    if you have the smallest clue about game developing it's pretty obvious this is a dead game and more like a ponzi scheme
    Since you just made a quote that proves you have no clue, I'd love to have you tell us how much should be released of a AAA game after 2 years of development? I'll await your answer with baited breath.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Since you just made a quote that proves you have no clue, I'd love to have you tell us how much should be released of a AAA game after 2 years of development? I'll await your answer with baited breath.
    1st its 3 years
    2nd currently the "game" is like 15% completed (and what is completed is a bugged demo with extremely limited features) and the engine for it does not exist

at 3 mil $/month expenses the game will be closed in about 4-5 months. if 90,000,000 and 3 years produced this than i guess they need another 500,000,000 and 10 years to complete the game lol

ponzi scheme but without paying out initial investors

masterpiece from Roberts, i admire him.

Can you define "originally" ? Because "ENHANCED boarding options (including melee weapons, upgradeable HUDs, zero-g external combat.)" aka FPS was part of the Kickstarter back in 2012...

I thought for a second I had entered the Starcraft thread.

Talking of ponzi schemes, I saw someone on reddit say "Selling ships so they can afford to make the ships they had previously sold. Bernie Madoff would be proud."

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Missed deadlines? I am pretty sure that rough estimates on when features were going to be released are not deadlines, they are goals. And well, a game being built entirely from the ground up that is pushing the limits on both a visual and technical level, is bound to run into problems. Most of us realists knew a long time ago that the game was going to run into issues, but hey, at least they are trying to make a good game, rather than dreg like your pals at Bungie did with rehash after rehash of a mediocre joke of a shooter with aim assist called Halo. Seriously, go fucking troll somewhere else Zeta because quite frankly, we have had enough of you pissing on this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

They are adding in a paytowin backing program, getting amazing powerfull ships for hundreds of dollars
    They are showing murky finacials, the backers know next to nothing on what the money is being spent on, no one has any idea on what the money is being spent on, there are rumors that its being spent on things that arnt the game.
    1. There have been no deadlines, only rough estimates, anyone with half a brain would have realized well over a year ago that there were going to be major bumps in the road.

2. No they didn't, pulling shit out of your rear end doesn't make it true.

3. Yes, pay to win in a space sim adventure game...they pay walled the ships so high to prevent people from doing it. Obviously those that are having too much extra money. I'd be curious as to what the whales credit card statements look like in contrast to those of us who only bought a cheaper ship or two.

4. No one cares about this and all those rumors were no doubt pulled out of the ass of your bestest buddy, Derek Smart, who sounds so fucking salty over Star Citizen (just like TTH actually), that he must own a god damn salt mine.

5. And again, the stretch goals stopped over 6 months ago, so stop using that bullshit excuse for your vendetta.

6. Trials of Ascension was one of the few failed Kictstarter campaigns, pretty much every game that has been crowdfunded has been released, there are far less cases of people taking the money and running over those that have actually done the work.

7. Wrong again. People defending SC, have every right to do so, and anyone with half a brain knows that the game is going to be much longer in development. This isn't some rehash bullshit like Halo and CoD which require no effort to create, and it wouldn't at all surprise me if we don't see the game get a full alpha testinf experience until well into next year. Either way, things will get done when they are done, I am in no rush to experience a game done poorly, we have had enough of those in our history and would rather wait for a good quality product.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Talking of ponzi schemes, I saw someone on reddit say "Selling ships so they can afford to make the ships they had previously sold. Bernie Madoff would be proud."
    yeah
    what's happening here is ridiculous

amazing that there are some people who still don't see the truth

actually i must admit i'm pissed, this guy got rich selling dreams to lots of credule fat wallet whales. more likely i'm pure jealous

1st its 3 years
    2nd currently the "game" is like 15% completed (and what is completed is a bugged demo with extremely limited features) and the engine for it does not exist

at 3 mil $/month expenses the game will be closed in about 4-5 months. if 90,000,000 and 3 years produced this than i guess they need another 500,000,000 and 10 years to complete the game lol

ponzi scheme but without paying out initial investors

masterpiece from Roberts, i admire him.
    Star Citizen has only been in development for a fraction of the time of typical tripe-A game of this scale.

The engine exists right now. It's called CryEngine 3, and it is playable right now too. You may stop imagining things now.

Your numbers where pulled from where? Maybe you should go read the monthly reports...

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Nostalgic View Post
    Star Citizen has only been in development for a fraction of the time of typical tripe-A game of this scale.
    Define "this scale". Just by a quick glance the scale currently planned for Star Citizen would be several typical triple-A games glued together (and that's not taking the gluing costs into account).

Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    Define "this scale". Just by a quick glance the scale currently planned for Star Citizen would be several typical triple-A games glued together (and that's not taking the gluing costs into account).
    I did; see the above chart.