Nice stuff, I plan to put an NVMe drive in my system when I rebuild it as well, but I'm still holding off until Star Citizen is ready for regular release. Figure I'll be able to wait for what they're now dubbing "Kaby Lake" (Skylake-E essentially?) CPUs at the end of 2016, as Cannonlake has been delayed into 2017. I've read something though that I had suspected was true for a while now—IPC speeds only increased by 27% in the last 7 years. I'm on a 3770K atm, and still haven't felt that twinge of "my system is really not keeping up anymore, I should upgrade" despite it being almost 4 years. GPU is probably less so, as I've still been averaging a faster upgrade cycle for that than the main system. Especially as we've moved into the range where 1440p is the new "enthusiast" resolution and 4K the ... "premium"?

I bit the bullet earlier last year and built my monster system heh, it works ok!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I bit the bullet earlier last year and built my monster system heh, it works ok!
    Send to me so i can test it plz! Will return it, promise :3

Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    Send to me so i can test it plz! Will return it, promise :3
    No
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    No
    Aww

Deleted
    Good news , Star Marine was delivered!

see you in the verse!

If any other game company did what CIG did, they would have been tarred and feathered.

For those that don't know:

CIG spent millions on a dedicated studio to develop FPS gameplay, and over 1.5 years they made only 2 maps, a few armor models, some guns, and good zero-g movement.

It wasn't a whole lot, however it did look really good. Last Spring, the module was "weeks" out from release. That turned to months. Last summer, Derek Smart stated Star Marine wasn't coming out.

CIG assured the cult that it was. They promised weekly updates. These updates began as describing last minute tweaks, and "polish." Then it started talking about code merging. Then the updates shrunk to a single paragraph, and talking about problems merging.

The Escapist article, Vindicator, and other drama hit peak. This thread was getting about 1000 ppd.

The Star Marine updates stopped. And during CItizen Con they announced 2.0, and it included FPS gameplay. The problem was that the gameplay was not Star Marine. It was missing everything, like it was a stock Cryengine with some new textures and nothing else.

The entire Illfonic build, the 1.5+ years of work, all disappeared with no word from CIG.

Just *poof* gone. Nothing.

People have been asking, and tonight Christ Roberts stated that the FPS in 2.0 is the FPS. All builds will be based off of this. It essentially confirms that the Illfonic build was scrapped and they are starting over.

I don't know what to make of this :

Last edited by mmoc11f5768ffa; 2016-01-26 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post
    bunch of bullshit
    There's already FPS combat and boarding in the alpha. Once all the FPS features are ready they'll create the Star Marine mode to let people have organized team battles for practice. Who cares if they scrapped the stuff Illfonic did? Could have happened for a multitude of reasons, but at the end of the day CIG decided to pull them off the FPS portion. You act as if game companies never scrap mechanics or redo work. Star Marine will still be made, just at a later time. Again, we already have FPS combat in the alpha, so it's not a priority right now to make an arena mode.

So yes it is still in the pipeline. I do actually kind of like to say something because I sort of get annoyed sometimes when I see this pop up in comments like “Oh Star Marine is cancelled or Where’s Star Marine!?” Star Marine was just a game mode for people to play the FPS elements of Star Citizen until we could combine everything together: Flying, walking around, shooting, doing all the rest of the stuff, all together, that is what is in 2.0, that’s what it’s 2.1.

With SC Alpha 2.0 onwards, you have basically what we were planning to do from Star Citizen and from the very very beginning. If you could back and look at the original pitch we didn’t say “Hey we’re doing Star Marine,” We said we will have FPS and Board, well you have FPS and you have boarding right now and so what’s really happening is there will not be features that will only be for Star Marine outside a sort of competition match and scoring that isn’t going to be in the game and so we’re actually rolling out the FPS features.

So 2.2 will have some more features on the FPS side and 2.3 will have some more and so on until we sort of what we consider the basic functionality. 2.2 has cover and some other things in it and we’ll obviously have future, there’s things like vaulting and sliding and different kind of stances that we have and there’s a lot more weapons that we have and they’re all getting rolled out and honing it and you guys are going to be able to play it in 2.2 and 2.3 and 2.4.

When we’ve got that basic set together we will sort of turn on the map for Star Marine because all Star Marine is, is a game mode. Basically allows you to play a game, have two teams, have some points and so you can just sort of have a Arena Commander style match, but for FPS. That’s useful for you to hone your FPS skills without sort of being in the mini PU and risking some other stuff, but you already have FPS in the game so it’s not like FPS got cancelled or anything like that.

It’s definitely in and Star Marine was originally our idea of how to get people to play the FPS before we could put everything together, but since that obviously took longer than we expected to get FPS to the level that we are comfortable with. By the time we got it to the level we said ”Okay you guys can play this.” Well we already had all the other things combined with the Large World and the 64-bit coordinates and the zone system so that was it. So there you are, we will have Gold Horizon, we will have Star Marine, but that will come online once all the basic FPS features are out in and live in the mini PU.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just can't help but laugh at how every single thing you've said was completely contradicted by the video you posted.

"the baby PU is NOT replacing Star Marine"
    You don't know what to make of it because you're a fucking ignoramus. Your very first sentence is journalist sensationalism. Are you here for Escapist damage control or something? At least that would give a reason to your shit posting.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, there's little point to be engaging with him, don't want to point at the elephant in the room so to speak but if he spreads deliberate misinformation just drop a report and let a mod have a look at it.

The irony of all this is that you linked a broadcast that nullified the entirety of your ensuing argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I just can't help but laugh at how every single thing you've said was completely contradicted by the video you posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    The irony of all this is that you linked a broadcast that nullified the entirety of your ensuing argument.
    Should have started a betting pool to see when, or if, he actually noticed his own stupidity .

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-01-26 at 07:05 PM.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Should have started a betting pool to see when, or if, he actually noticed his own stupidity .
    I would start up a pool for what he posts next. If we knew when he'd come back each time, you can just watch the subreddit for the FotM trolling and he's copying it, word-for-word. We've barely heard anything on Star Marine in months. And now that we DO hear something, and be it good news at that, the massive wave of trolls on multiple sites all converge on the exact same topic, and without even finding out what that new information even was. But EvcRo consistently is debunking his own shitposting with the links he's tossing up. It's quite amusing.

EDIT: I'm happy we finally got some more updates on Star Marine. The radio silence was a bit dissuading.

Deleted
    you guys should stop with personal attacks, especially when you have star shitizen refferal codes in your signature

https://forums.robertsspaceindustrie...arine-promised

- - - Updated - - -

some more good news

Here it is.

Jason Hutchins, the last bona fide Producer (at any level) in the US, and who was the only remaining producer in the US who had any experience in shipping games and who has shipped commercial games, quit. There no longer ANY (that we know of) experienced producers in the RSI/CIG US studios who have ever shipped a game.

Yes, you guessed it. He was based on Austin.

It gets worse.

He was the senior producer for the Persistent Universe and Star Marine fps (which Chris Roberts confirmed yesterday, has now been canceled).

Word is, he just upped and quit. Just like that.

I have been notified that others are in the process of leaving, but I am awaiting further confirmation. I didn't want to hold this up, so I decided to front load it.
    btw, this is the guy who wrote the weekly Star Marine updates

Also worth noting that Jason Hutchings came along with Alex Mayberry and Jeremy Masker from Blizzard- all of them now gone.
    Last edited by mmoc11f5768ffa; 2016-01-26 at 07:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just for some context as to whom it came from, that last quote from EvcRo is from here: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1so80k3

Deleted
    This scam with the tech demo is gonna crash so hard. It will be glorious.

10+ Year Old Account
    you guys should stop with personal attacks, especially when you have star shitizen refferal codes in your signature

https://forums.robertsspaceindustrie...arine-promised

- - - Updated - - -

some more good news

btw, this is the guy who wrote the weekly Star Marine updates

Also worth noting that Jason Hutchings came along with Alex Mayberry and Jeremy Masker from Blizzard- all of them now gone.
    1) I didn't know i wasn't allowed to try and get more people into looking into a game and answer some peoples' questions regarding it.

2) So someone is butthurt that the base of a system is in the game and not a fully fleshed product for an APLHA? yeah, no. the alpha is there to test what cig is ready for more people to testing. they put in what they had ready at the time, albeit not much at all.

3) btw, your source is from the guy that goes out of his way to stir up shit and cause problems, as he's even said himself. the fact that you expect ANYONE here with even half a brain to take you seriously with the crap you post and the "sources" you use is laughable. for DS even think's he's qualified to audit peoples' credentials if hilarious when his "credentials" are shit.

Alright folks as a quick reminder, if you feel someone is trolling, please just report them and move on. No need to discuss their posting habits as that derails discussion. Thanks, ladies and gents.

10+ Year Old Account
    So 2.1.2 is out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    So 2.1.2 is out.
    And everyone can play for one week free. Details below...

On the fence about Star Citizen? Why not give it a try and see what we’re building! For the next week, we’re enable Free Fly access to all accounts… which means that anyone can jump in to Star Citizen Alpha 2.1.2 today! The Free Fly event gives everyone access to three unique parts of the Star Citizen experience:

Star Citizen Alpha 2.1.2 – Also known as Crusader or the “mini-PU,” this is the nucleus of the world we’re building! Featuring multiple space stations and environments, scripted missions, places to explore and more, Alpha 2.1.2 is your first look at a much larger universe!
    Arena Commander – Arena Commander is a ‘game within a game’ that we’ve used to develop our flight mechanics and ship combat balance. Take on human opponents or an AI swarm in single seat fighter.
    Social Module – Interact with other players while you explore our first landing zone, ArcCorp! The Social Module is intended as a starting point for our world building.

You can register for an account here to get started. If you already have an account from a previous Free Fly, you’re all set! Just log in via the Star Citizen launcher. This is the first Free Fly that includes Crusader, so there’s more to explore than ever before. Free Fly accounts will have access to the Hornet F7C military fighter, the Aurora LN starter and the Mustang Delta interceptor.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...-Other-Updates

Deleted
    I downloaded SC now and while it looks great, my Saitek X55 doesn't work well with it, which kinda ruins the game.

Any one have any experience with this stick?