Quote Originally Posted by CogsNCocks View Post
    Just like WoW nobodies interested in that anymore because it's old. Just ignore the millions of players still interested....

Blizzard and Michael Morhaime will have your money from p2w gold tokens, cashshop mounts/pets/cosmetics, services, subscriptions and the box sale buy in. Despite the fact that have made billions in revenue they just keep on wanting more the greedy bastards.
    Yes, but SC doesn't have millions of fans. Not even close. And saying SC is getting more popular would be very optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Yes, but SC doesn't have millions of fans. Not even close. And saying SC is getting more popular would be very optimistic.
    Until there's a released product and a big marketing push that targets your average video game player it's really difficult to draw any conclusions about it's future. I don't know the answer to that and neither does Eleccybubb even though he thinks he has a crystal ball. Crowdfunded games typically lie outside the periphery of awareness of the crowd until there's a released product. Kingdom Come: Deliverance was released a few months ago, a niche title that was littered with bugs. Within two weeks of release it's post release sales were at a 5000% increase compared to what it sold before release through crowdfunding. Similar story for other successful crowdfunded games like Elite Dangerous and Pillars of Eternity. Star Citizen doesn't currently exist outside the minds of enthusiasts, and given that it isn't released but already hosts a sizeable dedicated fanbase is a pretty good indicator of things to come, providing that CIG can deliver a decent game.
    Last edited by CogsNCocks; 2018-05-26 at 08:24 PM.

Until there's a released product and a big marketing push that targets your average video game player it's really difficult to draw any conclusions about it's future. I don't know the answer to that and neither does Eleccybubb even though he thinks he has a crystal ball. Crowdfunded games typically lie outside the periphery of awareness of the crowd until there's a released product. Kingdom Come: Deliverance was released a few months ago, a niche title that was littered with bugs. Within two weeks of release it's post release sales were at a 5000% increase compared to what it sold before release through crowdfunding. Similar story for other successful crowdfunded games like Elite Dangerous and Pillars of Eternity. Star Citizen doesn't currently exist outside the minds of enthusiasts, and given that it isn't released but already hosts a sizeable dedicated fanbase is a pretty good indicator of things to come, providing that CIG can deliver a decent game.
    I think for SC it will be much harder to be released sooner than it will lost most of it's core fans.

I wouldn't really compare SC to any another crowd funded game. SC has to absolutely perfect or it will be dragged through dirt until it will collapse.. thanks to their campaign and selling images for hundreds and thousands of dollars.

I think for SC it will be much harder to be released sooner than it will lost most of it's core fans.

I wouldn't really compare SC to any another crowd funded game. SC has to absolutely perfect or it will be dragged through dirt until it will collapse.. thanks to their campaign and selling images for hundreds and thousands of dollars.
    You must have the same brand crystal ball as Eleccybubb.

Doomsayers edition.

You must have the same brand crystal ball as Eleccybubb.

Doomsayers edition.
    It's called common sense.. if you believe it or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's called common sense.. if you believe it or not.
    such an amusing quote

Latest AtV for those who missed it:

Sitarow and some guys from SynchronizerZ had a Nox rally race for those interested starts at 1:55:53 :

Sitarow got some really col shots and the server had around 35+ players as of 30 mins b4 the race began.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe a stupid question but has the single player campaigned been released yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    such an amusing quote

Latest AtV for those who missed it:

Sitarow and some guys from SynchronizerZ had a Nox rally race for those interested starts at 1:55:53 :

Sitarow got some really col shots and the server had around 35+ players as of 30 mins b4 the race began.
    I did not miss anything buddy. I am following the game since it was first announced via Kickstarter and these eye-candies just doesn't work anymore if alpha after alpha after alpha is nothing more than trainwreck of bugs and content years after schedule and not even good one. The game is already pay2win and it is not even trying to hide it.

If EA or Activision would pull same stunts like CIG is doing, they would be shamed by communities all over the internet instantly. Few years ago, I really believed this game could be something special. But currently, it will be god damn miracle if it wont be DOA.

Also, with current pacing, what is true release date? 2022? 2025?

The only saving grace of whole SC project could be SQ42..if it will be released in next 2 years or so and will be good. SQ42 will either revitalize SC community or kill it completely. Let's see.

I did not miss anything buddy. I am following the game since it was first announced via Kickstarter and these eye-candies just doesn't work anymore if alpha after alpha after alpha is nothing more than trainwreck of bugs and content years after schedule and not even good one. The game is already pay2win and it is not even trying to hide it.

If EA or Activision would pull same stunts like CIG is doing, they would be shamed by communities all over the internet instantly. Few years ago, I really believed this game could be something special. But currently, it will be god damn miracle if it wont be DOA.

Also, with current pacing, what is true release date? 2022? 2025?

The only saving grace of whole SC project could be SQ42..if it will be released in next 2 years or so and will be good. SQ42 will either revitalize SC community or kill it completely. Let's see.
    Yes the game needs to come out eventually and be good. What a startling revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Maybe a stupid question but has the single player campaigned been released yet?
    No

They said they would release a roadmap in January but that remains absent to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    No

They said they would release a roadmap in January but that remains absent to this day.
    They have a road map that details on what they are focusing on until Q1 2019, even states the progress of the indivdual projects, https://robertsspaceindustries.com/r...Citizenhttp://

Most of the projects will need to be completed for the single player campaign to work as it uses all the same assets.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    They have a road map that details on what they are focusing on until Q1 2019, even states the progress of the indivdual projects, https://robertsspaceindustries.com/r...Citizenhttp://

Most of the projects will need to be completed for the single player campaign to work as it uses all the same assets.
    The question asked was is there anything on the single player being released.

So the answer is no if we go by that roadmap and the roadmap that was supposed to contain info on it has yet to be seen after 4 months.

Unless I'm blind and I'm missing something. Nobody was asking about the assets they share. If they didn't have the assets needed ready then they should have made zero mention about a roadmap for it. In that situation they knew they had to develop the assets so don't mention anything other than that until you can be certain that you can start progress on it.

Get the assets sorted first then mention it having a roadmap. Not the other way around. Or better yet mention that you are working on the assets which will help build the single player and when we have finished those assets we will have more to share.

It's basic PR. Just never pull the "we have a roadmap" PR and then not release it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    No

To be fair if anyone expects a reliable roadmap or for them to meet deadlines well they are in for a rude awakening.

- - - Updated - - -

Very optimistic. Twitch viewership has a small rise then dips. Nothing special there.

But yeah it doesn't have a very large fanbase to build on like most games. A fair amount but I wouldn't say large.

At this point most people have just stopped caring about it. Unless they can build huge hype around it's launch whenever that may be I see it having a very quiet launch.

Right now it's hard to get hyped over a few images and a video that barely tells me stuff other than there are social hubs like most games and some facial animations.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-05-27 at 05:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to wonder. If it takes them so long to release in 10 years, the graphics will look so outdated and they will have to start over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    I'm starting to wonder. If it takes them so long to release in 10 years, the graphics will look so outdated and they will have to start over again.
    To be fair they can keep on top of updating it if anyone catches up but that is the thing.

Nobody is trying to because nobody needs or wants to. No dev out there needs to worry about this game for it's graphical capabilities whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    The question asked was is there anything on the single player being released.

So the answer is no if we go by that roadmap and the roadmap that was supposed to contain info on it has yet to be seen after 4 months.

Unless I'm blind and I'm missing something. Nobody was asking about the assets they share. If they didn't have the assets needed ready then they should have made zero mention about a roadmap for it. In that situation they knew they had to develop the assets so don't mention anything other than that until you can be certain that you can start progress on it.

Get the assets sorted first then mention it having a roadmap. Not the other way around.
    Armchair development at its finest. Also, you take a funny tone since you're not a backer of SC/SQ42 yet you seem to think you're owed some sort of explanation from CIG and have taken it upon yourself to decide what backers have and have not asked for. You don't speak for me. A lot of backers including myself don't even want a roadmap for SQ42 because of spoilers, and besides, there's a ton of clues in the existing roadmap that make it pretty obvious that SQ42 won't be arriving until next year at the earliest.

To be fair if anyone expects a reliable roadmap or for them to meet deadlines well they are in for a rude awakening.
    Past performance is never a reliable indicator of the future. Common fallacy armchair experts always make. Anyway CIG were on time to release 3.1 and 3.2 is looking good for release at the end of June. 3.2 will probably be in the hands of Evocati testers within two weeks. So I guess the rude awakening will have to wait for another time.

- - - Updated - - -

Right now it's hard to get hyped over a few images and a video that barely tells me stuff other than there are social hubs like most games and some facial animations.
    Those "social hubs" was the inside of a massive space ship travelling at thousands of the metres a second on it's journey from a space station down to the surface of moon while being piloted by a player. Sorry mate, that's not like most games.

Those "social hubs" was the inside of a massive space ship travelling at thousands of the metres a second on it's journey from a space station down to the surface of moon while being piloted by a player. Sorry mate, that's not like most games.
    This is nothing new except there are no set positions for players, but they can move freely. Separate physical grids are pretty common in current games. No boundaries broken. And while it shows some progress in development, it is freaking 6 years already and SC community is "wowing" over the essential things.

At this point, SC is basically freelancer 2.0. Hopefully, it wont end in a same way.

This is nothing new except there are no set positions for players, but they can move freely. Separate physical grids are pretty common in current games. No boundaries broken. And while it shows some progress in development, it is freaking 6 years already and SC community is "wowing" over the essential things.

At this point, SC is basically freelancer 2.0. Hopefully, it wont end in a same way.
    It's literally "HUBS IN SPAAAAAAACE".

Except they move very very fast!

That's true, even moving platforms in 2d games are pretty much primitive physics grids. What's your point exactly? There's still no other game that lets you put a bunch of players onto a big ship that's the size of an FPS level and fly around in it. That's a big part of what Star Citizen is about, fufilling the fantasy of having your own massive capital ship and it wasn't long ago that many naysayers such as yourself said it couldn't be done.

Yes, lol. Freelancer is a great game, it's one of my favourites.

- - - Updated - - -

It's literally "HUBS IN SPAAAAAAACE".

Except they move very very fast!
    Yes, and when you're standing on the deck of a space station and one of those ships packed with players flies past in the blink of an eye it's astonishing. If you've ever had to deal with the networking code that comes with your average game engine you would know that it's nothing short of a miracle that the servers don't implode keeping everything in sync. The handful of networking engineers they have working on the game must be some of the best in the business.
    Last edited by CogsNCocks; 2018-05-28 at 02:00 AM.

Yes, lol. Freelancer is a great game, it's one of my favourites.
    Mine too buddy. But they had to kick CR out of the project to finally finish it. SC has same symptomes so let's hope it is not the same this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    the new MISC Razor LX:

Cyclone after dark:

Click Image for related album of Daymar:

"Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist