Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    Ahh man, here we go again...

It's posts like these that make me wonder how we're another 50 pages into this thing with the same people desperately trying to coerce others into throwing their money on the flaming pyre that is Star Citizen, and neither of them have been banned.

At it's core, Star Citizen is a trial of an as-yet unreleased game that has been in development for nearly a decade and still does not have a firm release date advertised or committed to. Despite this, it has more robust "micro"transaction options than most AAA games, even by developers reviled for their greed like Electronic Arts, and multiple "reward" tiers with such gates as $25,000 spent.

I'm almost okay with defending this for what it is, which is crowdfunding the development of a tech demo for something that could, potentially, maybe, at some uncertain point in the future, on a good day, change the way online multiplayer worlds are operated. What shouldn't be acceptable, imo, is being misleading or outright deceitful (as banmebaby has evidenced in the quoted post) to suck more people in. Forget the lootbox controversy, what CIG is currently selling you is a $1,000+ concept art pack with a dice roll on whether you'll ever be able to see it in game at all, let alone interact with it in the way they've told you it will be interactive. It is undeniably predatory in its current state and I really do believe that it'll be a case study for professional crowdfunding reform and regulation at some point in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    people desperately trying to coerce others into throwing their money on the flaming pyre that is Star Citizen
    Nobody is doing that. There's discussion, people disagree with the opinions of others, but I'm not seeing anyone even sharing links to donate. Funding milestones sure, but that's part of the ongoing discussion about development and costs etc.

If there are any posts where you see this PM me about it and please report them, but I haven't seen anything remotely close to even aggressive salesmanship, much less actual coercion (which I'm not sure how one could even do over an anonymous forum like this), which would be explicitly against the forum rules given that it requires a threat of physical force.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, as someone who even backed the game, I've yet to see anyone try and coerce others into backing the game. And I wouldn't suggest anyone do so at this point just because of how much they've dropped the ball on this game. I backed the game in 2015 and not much has improved to even convince me of buying more than I did, which was about $175 worth of stuff in the Aegis Avenger and the Drake Cutlass packs. So Imma call bullshit on the accusations that people here are trying to coerce others into spending money, because that is a flat out lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Yeah, as someone who even backed the game, I've yet to see anyone try and coerce others into backing the game. And I wouldn't suggest anyone do so at this point just because of how much they've dropped the ball on this game. I backed the game in 2015 and not much has improved to even convince me of buying more than I did, which was about $175 worth of stuff in the Aegis Avenger and the Drake Cutlass packs. So Imma call bullshit on the accusations that people here are trying to coerce others into spending money, because that is a flat out lie.
    There is a person here who has posted "insider info", had stated their goal was to keep the thread on the front page, attacks people who bash the game even when the person backing it uses proof/facts, only posts in this thread, apparently is a big fan of the game and yet uses content from a bunch of different 100 sub youtube accounts instead of their own content, and instead of going to a star citizen forum that has more completely positive people than just two people and letting this thread die continues to post here. Why else would they do that if they weren't trying to convince people into buying into it?

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Why else would they do that if they weren't trying to convince people into buying into it?
    Because they like the game? I mean they can post positively about it all they want, there are no rules against that. Trying to get others interested in a game is a way different ballgame than "coercing" someone or doing anything remotely shady.

Good lord it is like the goalposts moving in a time capsule. I dunno why they just can't admit it for what it is. KS finished in 2012, it is 2021. Simple as that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because they like the game? I mean they can post positively about it all they want, there are no rules against that. Trying to get others interested in a game is a way different ballgame than "coercing" someone or doing anything remotely shady.
    I mean the level of defense coming from some of them is far more than 'liking the game' but we can disagree on that and it is okay.

I have see kenn or Anderson (not sure which one anymore) answer a few people that had questions on the game and gave them some information and small sales pitch spiel, but nothing that was really breaking rules or trying to force someone to do something.

Love watching people shitting on video games to get back at haters for shitting on a video game.

Clearly this isn’t just silly fandom sprinkled with sunk cost fallacy, nope nope, it’s the fight versus misinformation, the great war against lies, the education of the filthy detractors, or whatever the shade of delusion you feel like going nowadays…

It’s the sort of shit you would get by saying Justin Bieber was crap in his youtube videos back in the day.

I'm in tears.

I can't help but notice that Anderson glossed over getting called out on his Twitch stat dates, by the way.

there are no rules against that.
    Roflmao!

Hey, shouldn't discussions about moderation go elsewhere or something like that?

Isn't there some rule against self promotion? Dude literally posted a "family photo" as one of his first posts and has multiple times slipped up and said "we" and other stuff.

I mean I liked dauntless but after 2 posting in a row I quit posting in the thread to let it die. When someone states they want the thread constantly on the front page and attacks people in the thread anytime they say anything negative until they get another 3 day ban and only post in this thread I think that pretty much shows its more than just someone liking the game. It's either obsession or a job. Especially when there is only one other user in the thread that recommends buying the game. Why not go to the official forums?
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-06-22 at 07:45 AM.

Nobody is doing that.
    I mean let's not get bogged down in the definition of the word "coerce" here. I think contextually it's obvious the intention was closer to "convince". It just feels a lot like a couple of people here aren't posting in good faith, because it seems like they're here either as employed advertisers or they don't have a consistent opinion and constantly rejig their "facts" to fit whatever the current argument is, always to leave the game sitting in a positive light. There is absolutely good faith posting in favour of Star Citizen on occasion, mostly from Val, and I feel like those are the only posts in the thread that seem to realistically portray the state of the game using actual fact instead of terse interpretations of commitments made almost a decade ago, the definition of the word "release", or indeed the literal definition of time.

Let me put it this way: if I went into most other threads on this forum and just took the contrarian viewpoint in every possible way, while distorting the truth to continually fan the flames of the argument and therefore artificially continuing the thread, I feel like I'd be infracted for that.

That being said, I'm not really all that interested in discussing moderation, per the rules. I'd prefer to discuss the remaining content of my post, which I will self-quote below (with a portion regarding a poster in question removed):

At it's core, Star Citizen is a trial of an as-yet unreleased game that has been in development for nearly a decade and still does not have a firm release date advertised or committed to. Despite this, it has more robust "micro"transaction options than most AAA games, even by developers reviled for their greed like Electronic Arts, and multiple "reward" tiers with such gates as $25,000 spent.

I'm almost okay with defending this for what it is, which is crowdfunding the development of a tech demo for something that could, potentially, maybe, at some uncertain point in the future, on a good day, change the way online multiplayer worlds are operated. What shouldn't be acceptable, imo, is being misleading or outright deceitful to suck more people in. Forget the lootbox controversy, what CIG is currently selling you is a $1,000+ concept art pack with a dice roll on whether you'll ever be able to see it in game at all, let alone interact with it in the way they've told you it will be interactive. It is undeniably predatory in its current state and I really do believe that it'll be a case study for professional crowdfunding reform and regulation at some point in the future.

They've became so entrenched in hating Star Citizen that they need to create the concept that a player who enjoys backing/playing a game would like to post on the thread of said game is the outcast.

At the same time they think it's "normal" to obsessively hate on a game years on years while wishing it to collapse and become disgruntled when put in check with the simple reality that the game keeps being played and enjoyed by many while making great progress and generating a lot of money along the way.

They've become so desperate that they need to feed on these idiotic conspiracy theory's (insider info? family photos, coersion .lol. ) that people are trying to "lure" them into the game despite repeated statements about the alpha state of the game along with multiple recommendations for them to stay far away from it if it's a "finished" and polished experience they're looking for.

They can't comprehend and accept the reality that if they are going to bash a game they don't know much about in a thread about said game they will likely end up being corrected by people who actually play the game and follow it for longer and have a more broad perspective of it's development and game development in general.

If you don't like, follow, or play a game you shouldn't be going around the game thread accusing the ones who actually enjoy and play it of being paid to post about it.

That's so ridiculous to even think about that much less suggest something so idiotic, when the opposite is the oddity:

Why would people who don't like, follow, play and factually don't actually know much about a game became so invested in hating on it and get so rattled when inevitably get proven wrong and corrected.

Must be a Ego thing. Go to be.

It just feels a lot like a couple of people here aren't posting in good faith
    Way more than a couple, many here who've admitted to not liking the game/crowdfunding model and wishing it to go under and admit to post here with the sole intent of trashing the game and people who enjoy and support it.

There is absolutely good faith posting in favour of Star Citizen on occasion, mostly from Val, and I feel like those are the only posts in the thread that seem to realistically portray the state of the game using actual fact
    Nevermind that Val has been showed multiple times to be incorrect or uninformed about multiple aspects of the game. Most recently about quarterly patch released dates and contents.

Let me put it this way: if I went into most other threads on this forum and just took the contrarian viewpoint in every possible way, while distorting the truth to continually fan the flames of the argument and therefore artificially continuing the thread, I feel like I'd be infracted for that.
    Which is exactly what most of the haters have been doing in this thread shitting on the game and pushing useless drama year after year and getting infractions for non constructive discussion along the way.

As for the rest of your post. Seems you've already made your decision about the crowdfunding model and Star Citizen development model are predatory. Despite, knowingly or maybe not, that:

- The base game only costs 45$ and gives access to all the current and future features.
    - The clear and open state of alpha stage and constant showcase of development.
    - The multiple Free-2-Play events per year that allow anyone to see for themselves the game without spending a penny.
    - A generous 30 day refund period when by law it's 14 days without limited hour play.

In short, you're having a hard time figuring it out why people enjoy Star Citizen so much to the point of spending extra money on it beyond the basic package.

It's easy and simple, just like any other product, they do so because they enjoy it and they can.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-06-22 at 11:38 AM.

A wall of projection...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Isn't there some rule against self promotion? Dude literally posted a "family photo" as one of his first posts and has multiple times slipped up and said "we" and other stuff.

I mean I liked dauntless but after 2 posting in a row I quit posting in the thread to let it die. When someone states they want the thread constantly on the front page and attacks people in the thread anytime they say anything negative until they get another 3 day ban and only post in this thread I think that pretty much shows its more than just someone liking the game. It's either obsession or a job. Especially when there is only one other user in the thread that recommends buying the game. Why not go to the official forums?
    The inverse is also true. There's a couple people here who the majority of their posts on this site are in this thread, constantly shitting on people who actually like the game and discuss it in a positive manner. People who bitch about other people enjoying something even when it's not particularly good are nothing more than obsessed losers who have nothing better to do with their time. This thread would be long dead if people who do nothing but bash the game just stopped posting, because there's still not much to talk about since the updates to SC are so sparse and we clearly have no timeline on SQ42 being released.

The inverse is also true. There's a couple people here who the majority of their posts on this site are in this thread, constantly shitting on people who actually like the game and discuss it in a positive manner. People who bitch about other people enjoying something even when it's not particularly good are nothing more than obsessed losers who have nothing better to do with their time. This thread would be long dead if people who do nothing but bash the game just stopped posting, because there's still not much to talk about since the updates to SC are so sparse and we clearly have no timeline on SQ42 being released.
    Agree with everything but the last part. Anyone who actually follows the game development of plays the alpha knows there's always a lot to discuss about.

The latest game events along with the latest development videos are packed with info worthy of discussion for those who care about the game.

Too bad that most posting here have no actual interest in the game besides negativity and drama.

people who actually like the game and discuss it in a positive manner.
    The only on doing that is Val, Val is the only one posting about the game itself in a fair manner. I have yet to see people shitting on him for enjoying the game, or people in who claim to just want proper discussions about the game engaging with him about it.

The truth is that most people don't like even actually "hate" the game, they just poke fun of it for self entertainment, its like a dumbster fire, on other hand you have people who take that personally and feel the need to defend the company. Long story short, you can spend all day pointing fingers at each other about who contributes to the thread and who doesn't, reality is, pretty much everyone is to fucking blame.

10+ Year Old Account
    ive got avenger titan
    what is the optimal quest pool to choose contracts from for the most credits per hour with my ship? ground FPS combat, cargo hauling or space bounty hunting is ok
    Last edited by Proskill; 2021-06-22 at 06:53 PM.
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    ive got avenger titan
    what is the optimal quest pool to choose contracts from for most the credits per hour with my ship? ground FPS combat, cargo hauling or space bounty hunting is ok
    If I were you I'd upgrade to fixed laser weapons so you have a size 4 on the nose and two size 3 on the wings and go do Crusader Bounty Hunting missions around Yela.

Dont forget to pick the Call To Arms mission to get the bonus credits. The more bounty missions you do the better rep you get with the faction the better money you'll make.

This is a good Titan setup: https://www.erkul.games/loadout/wLniH1wd

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    ive got avenger titan
    what is the optimal quest pool to choose contracts from for most the credits per hour with my ship? ground FPS combat, cargo hauling or space bounty hunting is ok
    The "Two in the Head" mission is the absolute fastest way to make money in the game (using a Caterpillar to haul cargo makes about the same amount of money for the time spent playing). You will need another player to do this mission. Go to Hurston and you will get a mission to do an NPC bounty hunt that will get you in the door with the local bounty hunting NPC. Once you do that, you can open up your Mobiglass in the Hurston are and the see the "Two in the Head" missions, where you and a buddy have to kill two different targets in the Hurston area within 90 seconds. The mission gives about 30k to 40k credits, but since you need another player to do it, the money reward is split so you're making between 15k and 20k credits per mission. It takes about 3-4 minutes to do each mission (30 seconds fiddling with your mobiglass, 1 minute QTing around the Hurston moons to get into position, and then the 90 second battle), and you get the missions one after another (in the rare case in which you complete a Two in the Head mission and don't see another one pop up, just have your team mate share his Two in the Head). You'll make at least 200k+ credits per hour doing it this way, more if you are faster (ie killing the mobs in less than 90 seconds). The bounty targets are usually small ships and sometimes medium ships like Freelancers or Constellations, all of which can be killed with small ships like the Avenger (make sure you upgrade your ship with the best equipment!). Occasionally, you will get the one off Retaliator, but this can be killed within the 90 second time limit using a rental Freelancer with upgraded guns.

Most of the people "shitting on the game/people in the thread" only do so to the posters that straight up lie or say crazy shit like that people should have known CR wasn't ever going to create the game he promised with the kickstarter and would instead make the game he wanted or that they should have known Star Citizen would skip making the ship you paid for and keep pumping out some reskins/new ships while maybe getting to the ship you bought in another 5-10 years. None of the "haters" have ever attacked Val who posts positive and negative things about the game. However the 2 100% positive people have attacked him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    They've became so entrenched in hating Star Citizen that they need to create the concept that a player who enjoys backing/playing a game would like to post on the thread of said game is the outcast.

At the same time they think it's "normal" to obsessively hate on a game years on years while wishing it to collapse and become disgruntled when put in check with the simple reality that the game keeps being played and enjoyed by many while making great progress and generating a lot of money along the way.

They've become so desperate that they need to feed on these idiotic conspiracy theory's (insider info? family photos, coersion .lol. ) that people are trying to "lure" them into the game despite repeated statements about the alpha state of the game along with multiple recommendations for them to stay far away from it if it's a "finished" and polished experience they're looking for.

They can't comprehend and accept the reality that if they are going to bash a game they don't know much about in a thread about said game they will likely end up being corrected by people who actually play the game and follow it for longer and have a more broad perspective of it's development and game development in general.

If you don't like, follow, or play a game you shouldn't be going around the game thread accusing the ones who actually enjoy and play it of being paid to post about it.

That's so ridiculous to even think about that much less suggest something so idiotic, when the opposite is the oddity:

Why would people who don't like, follow, play and factually don't actually know much about a game became so invested in hating on it and get so rattled when inevitably get proven wrong and corrected.

Must be a Ego thing. Go to be.

Way more than a couple, many here who've admitted to not liking the game/crowdfunding model and wishing it to go under and admit to post here with the sole intent of trashing the game and people who enjoy and support it.

Nevermind that Val has been showed multiple times to be incorrect or uninformed about multiple aspects of the game. Most recently about quarterly patch released dates and contents.

Which is exactly what most of the haters have been doing in this thread shitting on the game and pushing useless drama year after year and getting infractions for non constructive discussion along the way.

As for the rest of your post. Seems you've already made your decision about the crowdfunding model and Star Citizen development model are predatory. Despite, knowingly or maybe not, that:

- The base game only costs 45$ and gives access to all the current and future features.
    - The clear and open state of alpha stage and constant showcase of development.
    - The multiple Free-2-Play events per year that allow anyone to see for themselves the game without spending a penny.
    - A generous 30 day refund period when by law it's 14 days without limited hour play.

In short, you're having a hard time figuring it out why people enjoy Star Citizen so much to the point of spending extra money on it beyond the basic package.

It's easy and simple, just like any other product, they do so because they enjoy it and they can.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Hello Zeta, the CIG team started it's adventure around 2012 with 5 crazy folks, kickstarter this and that allowed for a quality increase so a year later they finished 2013 with nearly 60 people working on the game. As the scope got bigger and the funding kept growing it allowed more people to help the efforts of turning Star Citizen into a reality! 2014 closed with 183 dev´s and atm they have a team of around 260 people contracted with CIG [P+L+U+S] around 150 Sub-contracted folks from outside studios.

Here's some family photos:

Austin Studio, USA

Los Angeles Studio, USA

Manchester, UK

Frankfurt, Germany

And a bunch of people sub-contracted around the world to help them make this game.

If you have any more questions im sure mr.Youtube or mr.Google will help you out if you just type "Star Citizen Studios" for just "Star Citizen any question" for that matter.

Remember it's just a game, have some fun!
    You do realize we can look at your post history dont you? And funny how none of the haters have attacked Val for saying positive things and yet you have for him saying negative things.......

Why is it that you can never prove anyone wrong and just insult them like you did when I said I think its scummy to put off building ships you sold and selling and buying new ships. Where was my lie in that? Oh wait there wasn't cause SC is actually doing that....

You don't want people saying negative things about the game then stop posting? Notice how every time you get banned the thread starts to die?
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-06-22 at 07:58 PM.

The most important part of the development is server meshing but they decided to outsource this to a company that has no history of game development.

One of the backers asked on the forums about the company and got a dev/mod reply of a video where 4 developers of Turbulent introducing themselves but none of them seem to be working on server meshing.

If they can't develop this, the game will never be a mmo.
    According to roadmap server meshing will be ready at Q1 2022 but it just looks like another lie from CIG.

And Chris Roberts owns some shares of this Turbulent company. He is getting paid both ways.
    What a nice way to make money.