Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    World of Dailycraft FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    My stance on this whole thing is : Complete and utter BULLSHIT.

Here I was, merrily thinking that I'd spend 2 weeks of being gated to these Rep factions, and then when I finally get to do them, they'd probably progress at a rate so that everything will hit Exalted at once. Because you know, when you get gated to a Faction for 2 Weeks I kind of expect it to be a little faster since you've already put in a reasonable amount of time and effort.

Nope, 825 Rep per day (13 days just to get REVERED!) for Shado-Pan. The August Celestials isn't so bad, I initially didn't realise there was extra Quests at the Cradle of Chi-Ji in Krasarang so now that I've found out about those it's like 2.5k Rep per day ... But that's the problem, You should be getting that same 2.5k rep per day FOR SHADO-PAN also.

I honestly don't really have a problem with dailies, but now I'm not enjoying it because I'm so angry that they would gate you for 2 weeks and then give you 825 Rep per day, it's just completely ridiculous.
    Every day I've done Shado-Pan, and I'm almost exalted, I have picked up four quests from the garrison. Each of these quests rewards 275 rep. It doesn't matter what quest hub it is, every day it's four quests, and they're all worth 275. And when I complete the fourth, I auto-accept a finale quest, which is also worth 275 rep. That's 1375 rep per day. Without the guild bonus it's 1250.

825 rep per day means that for some reason you're only doing three quests per day. Either you're bugged out or you're doing something very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    People play, or at least should play, because it's fun. If you choose to play MoP, nothing becomes mandatory, because playing itself isn't mandatory. There is no content that is blocked due not doing dailies. Can't use your VP's? Well, good news! VP items are not mandatory. Can't get all mounts in the game just by afking in SW/Ogr? Too bad, won't even bother with this one. Can't get all the recipes? Well, just buy stuff from AH then. At this point you should maybe re-evaluate what mandatory means.

What to do besides dailies? I dunno, it's so major content that there's probably nothing to do besides them.
    And that's why people complain.

I'm exalted with all factions on my main since forever. My alt on the other hand hasn't touched a daily and I refuse to do them. I log my alt once a week: to do LFR, and to do Sha. That is *all* there is to do for my alt, because:

As I chose not to do dailies, I have no reason to cap valor. As I have no reason to cap valor, I have no reason to run dungeons. As all there is to do in this game are dailies, dungeons, and, for my alt, LFR, there's essentially nothing to do on alts.

I believe that's what people are complaining about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The complaint about dailies conceals the deeper problem, that WoW's end game just became uninteresting. This expansion made me realize that, and account cancellation was not far behind.
    Could you cancel your posting in the WoW section of MMO-C then? You made a good choice for your personal enjoyment. You didn't want to do Challenge Modes, Pet Battles, Raids, Rare hunting, Achievement hunting, Brawler's guild(in 5.1), Play an alt, Play the Ah, PvP, Make new friends, Run a guild event, Grind old world reps, gear ,achievements, legendaries.

None of those options kept you interested enough to continue playing, and that's fine. But there are many of us how find enjoyment out of at least one of them that we have stuck around. So please stop.

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    Could you cancel your posting in the WoW section of MMO-C then?
    I will decline your polite request. There's always the possibility that changes to the end game could make it interesting again for me.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I am even to this day confused as to why we are rewarded with normalraid quality gear (vp) for doing undertuned dungeons.

and im even more baffled as to why blizzard feels doing a daily Q should reward the player with normalraid qualitygear.

and lastly im amazed that the ppl whinign about it is not the harcore community but the casuals.... what is the world coming to?

only dailies i hate from thease 2 factions are the jade temple dam books, there respawn timer is too low explicitly when there's 12 other people doing it

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    the worst part about it is that tailoring recipes are gated behind rep, so there is really no way to make money as a tailor unless u are gonna do dailies to get ur rep up. That is called being forced.
    You don't need that gold. You want that gold. Big difference.

You can make more than you need by questing / doing dailies.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    And that's why people complain.

I'm exalted with all factions on my main since forever. My alt on the other hand hasn't touched a daily and I refuse to do them. I log my alt once a week: to do LFR, and to do Sha. That is *all* there is to do for my alt, because:

As I chose not to do dailies, I have no reason to cap valor. As I have no reason to cap valor, I have no reason to run dungeons. As all there is to do in this game are dailies, dungeons, and, for my alt, LFR, there's essentially nothing to do on alts.

I believe that's what people are complaining about.
    New LFR comes out Tuesday. So 16 bosses in LFR plus Sha. That sounds like plenty to keep your alt busy. What more were you looking for?

Can you tell me what there is to do on alts in any other game or in past expansions? I'm not sure I'm understanding exactly what it is you want to do with your alt.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    New LFR comes out Tuesday. So 16 bosses in LFR plus Sha. That sounds like plenty to keep your alt busy. What more were you looking for?
    I tried LFR for the first time in this expansion. I have to say, if I had known LFR is like what it is, I would never have bought MoP. It was extremely disappointing, due to the total lack of redeeming social interaction. A wretched hive of scum and villainy, indeed.

Normal mode raids are tuned beyond where I want to play, and heroic raids ... lol. So what is left? Heroic 5 mans? Done them. Challenge modes? Not interested. PvP? Not enough. Dailies? They are only worth doing as a step to something else, but their intrinsic value is in my opinion negative.

I've determined there is nothing in the game that I can do or would want to work toward that I'd find sufficiently entertaining. I'm not going to grind points to get purple pixels so I can grind more points. It was not a hard decision to cancel.

Blizzard added lots of content. Unfortunately, for me, they didn't add very much fun.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

I tried LFR for the first time in this expansion. I have to say, if I had known LFR is like what it is, I would never have bought MoP. It was extremely disappointing, due to the total lack of redeeming social interaction. A wretched hive of scum and villainy, indeed.

Normal mode raids are tuned beyond where I want to play, and heroic raids ... lol. So what is left? Heroic 5 mans? Done them. Challenge modes? Not interested. PvP? Not enough. Dailies? They are only worth doing as a step to something else, but their intrinsic value is in my opinion negative.

I've determined there is nothing in the game that I can do or would want to work toward that I'd find sufficiently entertaining. I'm not going to grind points to get purple pixels so I can grind more points. It was not a hard decision to cancel.

Blizzard added lots of content. Unfortunately, for me, they didn't add very much fun.
    Sounds like you've realized you don't like mmos.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Y u no like daily quests gated behind daily quests??

I herd u lyk inception.... (((

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Sounds like you've realized you don't like mmos.
    Not at all. I liked Wrath very much. Easy, non-LFR raids. But they knifed that baby and replaced it with the current system that I don't like at all.

(I also liked the pre-HK raids in Rift.)

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    Could you cancel your posting in the WoW section of MMO-C then? You made a good choice for your personal enjoyment. You didn't want to do Challenge Modes, Pet Battles, Raids, Rare hunting, Achievement hunting, Brawler's guild(in 5.1), Play an alt, Play the Ah, PvP, Make new friends, Run a guild event, Grind old world reps, gear ,achievements, legendaries.

None of those options kept you interested enough to continue playing, and that's fine. But there are many of us how find enjoyment out of at least one of them that we have stuck around. So please stop.
    How funny it would be if such hypocritical requests were accepted. In essence what you're saying it, "If you're not involved in something, don't comment on it."

Well now, let's see. I'm not a scientist, so I can't comment on science. I'm not an athlete, so I can't comment on sports. I'm not an author, so I can't comment on literature. Do you see how ridiculous this notion is? The real issue alas, is that some people simply can't handle contrary opinions.

Not at all. I liked Wrath very much. Easy, non-LFR raids. But they knifed that baby and replaced it with the current system that I don't like at all.

(I also liked the pre-HK raids in Rift.)
    LFR wasn't even an option in Wrath. So basically what it comes down to is that you dislike MoP because normal MV is harder than normal Wrath raids? What does this have to do with dailies again?

I didn't play much in Wrath, but before MoP came out, I took one of my alts through the Argent Tourny grind. None of the MoP daily grinds compare to that monstrosity.

The complaint about dailies conceals the deeper problem, that WoW's end game just became uninteresting. This expansion made me realize that, and account cancellation was not far behind.
    This is also true to an extent, but I think this criticism is primarily limited to dailies. Slow and monotonous, regardless of how many new dailies they added in MoP. They should increase all the rep rewards, double them perhaps, and make a compromise with the concept of Rep tabards; perhaps a tabard that awards you the same amount of rep as a daily for the respective faction with every heroic completed.

Pet Battles, Challenge Modes and the Brawler's Guild all look (and the first two in my opinion are) to be viable and new/interesting end-game content. Only so many times one can reinvent the wheel however, and if the successive efforts fail to impress/excite then I think the real issue is the individual(s) in question simply fail to find the wheel interesting any more, regardless of how it's changed.

LFR wasn't even an option in Wrath. So basically what it comes down to is that you dislike MoP because normal MV is harder than normal Wrath raids? What does this have to do with dailies again?
    The daily grind is part of what they put in instead of nerfing normal mode raids. I resent them for that. DItto LFR, after I saw what an abomination it is.

The daily grind is part of what they put in instead of nerfing normal mode raids. I resent them for that. DItto LFR, after I saw what an abomination it is.
    It's interesting that a complaint about dailies has turned into a complaint that normal mode raids need to be nerfed.

As for LFR, if you don't like it don't do it. There's no need to turn a dailies rant thread into a LFR rant thread as well.

It's interesting that a complaint about dailies has turned into a complaint that normal mode raids need to be nerfed.
    It's all tied together. I myself don't mind the rep grind, btw (although it wasn't a source of net fun).

As for LFR, if you don't like it don't do it. There's no need to turn a dailies rant thread into a LFR rant thread as well.
    I'm not doing LFR. I'm also not continuing my subscription.

quests is annoying !