Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    What source do they have? B/c that is awkward numbers/very interesting...also makes a subscription potentially not worth it in the long run.

Though it does match with them saying preferred status is granted with a minimum of a 4.99 purchase.
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/11...15th-no-rumor/

Just read through it and it's in the article.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/11...15th-no-rumor/

Just read through it and it's in the article.
    Interesting. Just buying an authenticator gives you preferred status. I think that's a pretty great thing....not to mention buying the game for 14.99 includes that as well.

So, 250 for pvp pass.

That's like 10.60 $ for 4 weeks of pvp. Sure. Why not. It allows me to skip weeks that I am busy.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Originally Posted by SWTOR
    The server is now available, and all accounts on the Public Test Server have been converted to Subscriber accounts.

(Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    So, 250 for pvp pass.

That's like 10.60 $ for 4 weeks of pvp. Sure. Why not. It allows me to skip weeks that I am busy.
    $30 to unlock epics for your account though. If you don't ever want to upgrade, sure the price is fair. I'm in the process of adding up what you'd have to spend to get the 'necessities'....it's not pretty.

Though it does promote the subscription hardcore, which isn't surprising. I think the people that get the greatest benefit from the pricing might actually be subscribers. I can't say that is a bad thing. It seems like it would be easy to spend a modicum extra to get LOTS of goodies.

$30 to unlock epics for your account though. If you don't ever want to upgrade, sure the price is fair. I'm in the process of adding up what you'd have to spend to get the 'necessities'....it's not pretty.

Though it does promote the subscription hardcore, which isn't surprising. I think the people that get the greatest benefit from the pricing might actually be subscribers. I can't say that is a bad thing. It seems like it would be easy to spend a modicum extra to get LOTS of goodies.
    The ability to wear epics is 1200 coins, so like 12.50.

My stack of built up coins will cover that.

Another 10.60 for your 2 bars.

edit: looked up the account wide cost. Jeez. 30 dollars to rebuy the game essentially. Sad.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-11-08 at 06:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ability to wear epics is 1200 coins, so like 12.50.

My stack of built up coins will cover that.

Another 10.60 for your 2 bars.
    For account wide must-haves:
    Epics, bank, 10 slots on AH, 2 quickbars, one thing I'm forgetting to say.... 7k Coins = $77.62

Display Options:
    Title, Legacy, Hide hood, chest color match....1950 Coins = $21.62

To 'really' unlock the game(for one month)
    pvp, space, Fp, ops...................................3840 Coins = $42.58

I take back anything positive I said about the shop for anyone other than subscribers. I guess if you only want literally one aspect of the game then you can get by with paying $5 less a month for your one activity. There is not a single integral part of the game that is worth buying it a la carte when compared to a subscription.

Your comment in the other thread is completely valid. (para) "People don't like paying subscriptions, so we'll make everything worse so subscriptions look more appealing".

(in before, just pay the sub loser)
    I'm so sad now

Eh. I'm not super sad.

I'm going to just unlock epics and 2 bars.

There's no way I am spending more than that for it. Because I bet when makeb comes out they won't let f2p level up or something so you end up unable to pvp at all. Eventually they will let you spend like.... 150 dollars to have access to 2 more levels.

well. Now I am sad
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-11-08 at 07:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh. I'm not super sad.

I'm going to just unlock epics and 2 bars.

There's no way I am spending more than that for it. Because I bet when makeb comes out they won't let f2p level up or something so you end up unable to pvp at all. Eventually they will let you spend like.... 150 dollars to have access to 2 more levels.

well. Now I am sad
    Yeah...if this is the starting point, it's not looking good for new players to the game who actually want to try and play without a sub. I don't really like the idea of strong arming people into subscriptions, since the stated intention was that people didn't feel the game was worth a subscription. It's counter intuitive and greedy.

I'm just hoping that they use whatever money they swindle out of this to let Bioware finally make a great game worth the subscription. Then it is a non issue. In another year this game might be light years ahead of where it is now. I really hope that's what happens.

I take back anything positive I said about the shop for anyone other than subscribers. I guess if you only want literally one aspect of the game then you can get by with paying $5 less a month for your one activity. There is not a single integral part of the game that is worth buying it a la carte when compared to a subscription.
    I think that's the point. If people are just wanting to level alts to see the stories and PvP, it's a good deal (after unlocking a few things). If you get all of your characters to 50, and only want to PvP and Ops and Flashpoints, you're better off subbing. It could be better, but it could be a lot worse.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 08:48 PM ----------

By the way, I said the 13th! Closest without going over wins?
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Moar stuff!

Originally Posted by SWTOR
    Today we are excited to announce the release of the Free-to-Play Video Preview Episode 2. Based on feedback posted by viewers of the first preview video, this new video focuses on what kinds of items will be available in the Cartel Market for purchase. Narrated by Senior Producer Blaine Christine, the video highlights two of the new Cartel Packs, the Crime Lord’s Cartel Pack and the Black Market Cartel Pack, which include unique items such as a Kowakian Monkey Lizard Pet and other cool items!

Watch now

(Source)

Deleted
    I'm just interested in the story. what is the BARE minimum I need to spend when going from sub to F2P? i mean, i'm not going to use my bank, not going to use the AH that much, the story should be totes playable without epics, so basically all I need is 1 or 2 bars. how much is that account wide?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakaya_Kilrogg View Post
    I think that's the point. If people are just wanting to level alts to see the stories and PvP, it's a good deal (after unlocking a few things). If you get all of your characters to 50, and only want to PvP and Ops and Flashpoints, you're better off subbing. It could be better, but it could be a lot worse.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 08:48 PM ----------

By the way, I said the 13th! Closest without going over wins?
    I mean it does seem that way, which is why so many people think calling this F2P over an extended trial is a little silly. If they had just specified that as the goal, instead of trying to do this b/c people didn't want to pay a subscription then I would have no problems with the system. Until can really try out the preferred system for myself, see the impact it has on the progress I've made in the game, then it's only fair I reserve ultimate judgment of that aspect. While I don't like having to pay a subscription one month to get my coins, it will at least let me see the new content and have a stark contrast of what I am losing when I let it lapse to preferred.

I think that begrudgingly, that experiment will be worth the first $15.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 03:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I'm just interested in the story. what is the BARE minimum I need to spend when going from sub to F2P? i mean, i'm not going to use my bank, not going to use the AH that much, the story should be totes playable without epics, so basically all I need is 1 or 2 bars. how much is that account wide?
    If you had a subscription previously, you will have preferred status granting you many things that F2P do not have. Unfortunatly characters slots and action bars are not included in this. I hven't seen the cost for character slots, but I'm probably missing it.

Deleted
    If you had a subscription previously, you will have preferred status granting you many things that F2P do not have. Unfortunatly characters slots and action bars are not included in this. I hven't seen the cost for character slots, but I'm probably missing it.
    yeah, but they mentioned that the first few months, subs that go preferred or F2P will retain their already filled slots. if you delete a character, you can't reuse that slot though. but all in all, it's just a matter of having one of each class ready before you turn preferred.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    yeah, but they mentioned that the first few months, subs that go preferred or F2P will retain their already filled slots. if you delete a character, you can't reuse that slot though. but all in all, it's just a matter of having one of each class ready before you turn preferred.
    I'm pretty sure that you keep the slots, but only 2 can be active and you have to choose. You have to pay to play more than 2 classes. This is what I was referring to.

I'm pretty sure that you keep the slots, but only 2 can be active and you have to choose. You have to pay to play more than 2 classes. This is what I was referring to.
    That is currently how they have it set. When you log back in you'll have to pick which two toons you want to have activated and the other ones will be locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    That is currently how they have it set. When you log back in you'll have to pick which two toons you want to have activated and the other ones will be locked.
    I wonder, if you pick, level, then resubscribe, wait 30 days, unsub, do you get to choose a different pair?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder, if you pick, level, then resubscribe, wait 30 days, unsub, do you get to choose a different pair?
    For the low, low price of 450 CC you can do this whenever you like. (speculation)

For account wide must-haves:
    Epics, bank, 10 slots on AH, 2 quickbars, one thing I'm forgetting to say.... 7k Coins = $77.62
    *snip*
    That's what I said weeks ago when we assumed 100CC/$1, now if you knock that $75 out you will have to play one activity for 15 months before you start to save money.

Also I missed it in the Q&A a couple of weeks ago but the 2 character limit won't be enforced when this hits. They want to give people time to play all their current toons to be able to better decide which two they'll want to pick.