Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    So did you have to take that 5% dps talent? Your blaming the talent system for how shitty it is but in reality your still choosing to take that 5% dps talent. Cmooon cmooon this is the same forum that argued tooth and nail that running two iccs felt sooooooo mandatory and how great it was they merged lockouts. This is the same game company that won't give a pvp honor weapon because ghostcrawler things EVERY PVE GUY would feel forced to do it. Cmoon it's soooooo obvious that dailies stand out...
    Are you sure you're replying to the right message with this?

I believe from the day-one that people needed to dailies and max-out factions to progress further in-the game if their aim was to tackle down the end-game content.

For this reason I really like MoP as it is more in line with a layered progression model that we've had in TBC. Heck, I'm all for factions, quests, dungeons and raids tying-down eachother for access to give a better story feeling.

If you don't like it, a pity you don't but you should be seeking out the game that offers you the features you seek.

Deleted
    People flaming very hard about the content is hilarious... seriously, flaming a bit to give points for improvements, thats one thing, but fleddering the whole game is just stupid. Then stop playing it. Or are you addicted as hell and you really need someone to fix it to give your life another meaning? Thats the only possibilty for this behaviour, damn it.

Deleted
    I like the game because of all the opportunities compared to many other games.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    They're forever destined to have that as long as we let them get away with that. I say it's time to start holding them to higher standards than that. Who's with me?
    Present a scenario that's different. What is the alternative? What would a quest be that doesn't have these things?

There are plenty of pointless delivery and fetch quests, I hate those, but there are also plenty of quests that tell a story and are informative. The way you guys talk, you make all quests seem like meaningless fetch quests.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    The only reason I do dailies is because I want more factions at Exalted and more cool mounts. If you are interested in these things, you should know there will be some grinding. However, if you're just in it for the epics... raiding might get you them faster

Deleted
    It sounds like you have had enough of MMO's in general, there's tons to do and im very happy so far after quitting during Cataclysm, The future is looking brihg to with 4.1 hitting the PTR we are getting new content at a much better rate, lets hope it continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    It sounds to me like you're wasting $15/mo.

If you hate it that badly, why do you hate yourself also and pay for something you don't enjoy? lol. I will never understand that.
    It took me 6years 2 figure this out.somehow i always was thinking *it will come better arround corner*...but it never did.
    All came 2 same concept,you are not killing lvl60 monster,you are killing lvl70 and so on,and so on.
    Only new thing WoW have now is pet batle(which we can all do on our iPhones with some silly app) and Scenario(from what i hear its so bad).
    But hell mates,it is your money you spending ,if you are willing so be it.
    Every1 have quit point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoator View Post
    i find funny to read how some compare the rewards from an instance with the "reward" from an Scenario. You cant compare them as if they were the same, because they are not. Scenarios are way easier and faster to do than an heroic instance, you dont require an special setup for Scenarios, while heroics require dps, heal and tanks (with the queue that carries with it).
    And no, i did get nothing more than gold from the box that gives the Scenarios, but i dont mind, because Scenarios are just those Elite Quests that doesnt exist since long time ago, and some of them gives you missions with some blues as rewards, enough to help you while you are leveling or getting some equipment.
    Only problem I find with scenarios is that they are all 90+. You can't do them while you level up, and that's where they would have been perfect, for those possible times when you want a break from a quest or whatever and just perhaps sign up for a scenario real quick. Other than that I like the scenarios and don't feel that they need anything more than what they already have, it's just that you never really get a chance to do them since you find better rewards immediately when you hit 90.

To the OP, as others have said. Try coming up with some new and original ideas yourself to quests, and try to keep them new, fresh and original when you make thousands of them... It's just not possible. I believe there was a blue response a week ago or something as well on why they have so many kill X quests, the response was something along the lines of that the developers wanted you to get a chance to actually use all of your spells and abilities that you have at your arsenal, and that those were the best ways of doing so. I think it can be hard to find the right balance of what kinds of quests to make, since everyone have different preferences. Some love vehicle quests, some hate them, some love kill quests, some hate them. It's impossible to please everyone, and difficult to please the majority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    Truthfully, as soon as someone trots out the “nostalgia” argument I start to switch off. It invariably means that they can’t see beyond their own preferences, and assume everyone who doesn’t share them must be deluded.
    Even though I tend to do the same, I must disagree with the rest of your post. Even though there were fundamental changes, it still is nostalgia wanting or liking the old way more....
    A definition of nostalgia is: 'a sentimental longing for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations. An dbasically that's what the poster described when he says that 'PVP was better in TBC' . Doesn't matter whether it's true or not. The person clearly states a historic situation that he has fond memories of and would like to see return.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    Fine, name some ideas then?

I'm very curious to see a quest WITHOUT the kill, collect, protect.

Explore? We have that.
    Snipe? Have it.
    Blow something up? Plenty.

Go on then.
    I don't have them, but I'm not being paid to have them either. You are apparently very happy with the status quo. If people like you had been in charge in the sixties, man would never have walked on the moon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    I don't have them, but I'm not being paid to have them either. You are apparently very happy with the status quo. If people like you had been in charge in the sixties, man would never have walked on the moon.
    Demanding something new and original when you can't even come up with a suggestion yourself of what they could do? Nice... Throwing money at a problem isn't going to make it go away.

Actually, I agree. I'm at 464 iLevel or so, and outside of helping some guildmates with dungeons all I do at the moment is dailies while I wait for the rest of my group to get ready for raids. The dailies are beyond annoying; it can take upwards of an hour or two to finish them with everyone and their mother in the zones, they feel extremely tedious and boring, and I pretty much do them just because I feel forced. I agree with Scenarios, I'm not quite sure of the reason behind these since they're kinda fun but offer no reason to run them at all; IMO they should have a 50%+ chance of dropping a bag with flasks/pots/gems/items (basically like the Exotic Mysteries satchel minus pets) so there was a reason to do them, as it stands now I did them all once and have no point to do them again unless I want to do the achievements (which, again, have no purpose).

It doesn't feel BAD, it just feels BORING and POINTLESS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimitzles View Post
    The AMOUNT of dailies is way too much unless you jobless! Otherwise the 1st 4 bosses I have done is better then anything in DS and most of the cata encounters. So at least the raiding is good.
    Dailies take 1 hour to do tops and that's with Golden Lotus revered and unlocked Shado-pan/Celestials. Even people with jobs can spare 1 hour (at least if they enjoy the game).

Deleted
    I have heard that people say BC was the best expansion.

As I did not play after BC until MoP now...well, it's like BC, only better. Only the heroics are easier, but still as rewarding as before....and you have much more to do

and the storyline is bad? Do you really think that? Then you may be too cool for this game.

Deleted
    There's a lot that still needs to be done, but the framework is there for them to implement faster patches (as seen in the 5.1 preview), and hopefully they will address a lot of issues. They have already buffed the quartermaster gear, while it's still crap, the removal of rep requirements for the entry JP gear was at least a step in the right direction.

My main issues are the questing, and lack of being able to "grind" rep. I've leveled my Lock from 85-89 so far just grinding deers in the Jade Forest with rested experience, when that is more fun and "rewarding" than questing you know there is an issue. The problem with questing for me was they felt so pointless, very little experience / rep and the rewards were vendor trash until level 89 for any decently geared Cataclysm raider. I also just love grinding mobs for rep instead of dailies, the Ogres in Nagrand for example.

One solution is to buff the experience gain and rep gains from dailies (Klaxxi and GL quests especially) just to make questing seem more worthwhile. They should also implement a zone wide buff for your alts that boosts experience gains once you have hit 90 on at least one character.

I do think MoP is superior to every other expansion though, they are taking the game in the right direction, it just needs some tweaks to make it more enjoyable.
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2012-10-12 at 12:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I periodically leave WoW when I get bored/burned out and try out other games that might interest me, and in the end I always end up coming back to WoW. If you're that bored...try something new?

Deleted
    Although I disagree with the OP about the questing part (really enjoyed the quests and all the story behind every area of pandaria), I HATE the path they have chosen with all the mandatory daily grind. Never liked dailies, never will. And that's the reason I cancelled my sub.

If and when they decide to offer players an alternate playstyle (say a tabard for reputation gains), I'm all for renewing my sub. And I know they will, as I am one of many feeling like that.

Did you understand the love for cata? Those quests were far less fun. MoP has way more cool cinematics and the last quests of every zone are pretty cool. Dailies are finally worth doing other than in other expansions where you only did them to get enchants from factions and that was it plus you only got rep by doing dungeons. Dailies also reward way more than before so I don't understand how you can say that you don't get rewarded enough for them. I just did all dailies for three factions in an hour.
    I couldn't care less that dungeons are useless after getting your gear. I hated spamming the same heroics a hundred times because of gear resets and the ridiculous rewards they gave. Did you really like doing 10 minute dungeons in your T10 gear or T13 gear?

Can't comment on pet battles and scenarios yet.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 12:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Even though I tend to do the same, I must disagree with the rest of your post. Even though there were fundamental changes, it still is nostalgia wanting or liking the old way more....
    A definition of nostalgia is: 'a sentimental longing for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations. An dbasically that's what the poster described when he says that 'PVP was better in TBC' . Doesn't matter whether it's true or not. The person clearly states a historic situation that he has fond memories of and would like to see return.
    That doesn't mean that nostalgia is a bad thing or means that whatever you say is not true or stupid. Many people on this forum think it's cool to say "nostalgia" or "rose tinted glasses" while it doesn't mean anything. It's simply just trolling when you say those things and nothing more.

Thanks for sharing your opinion about other peoples opinions. Now everyone feels the need to share their opinions about your opinions. Like the game, play & discuss. Don't like it, why are you here?
    -.-