Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I just ran cd reduction as zilean...

This is by far the only way to play him. Get up to 40% cd reduction, build ap masteries & win. Infinite speed boost & bombs every 2 seconds.

<3

Stop making me want to play Zilean!

he is fun, but mana hungry if you want to spam every spell at every CD and utilise every W or E (the one that reduces CD by 10 sec)
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    Yeah i really love lategame zilean, just annoying with constant poke and ult is a game changer but the main problem is his weak early game and that he is considered as a support. I played him the most of my champs in ranked gamesd but lost all of them, sure his bomb is annoying as fuck but no shield/heal and the slow is on a too long cd at the start plus you wont get that cdr without farm. Maybe thats why i never see him in tournaments . But maybe you need a good, agressive ad champ who can take advantage of that.

Deleted
    The only problem is that you're going to run out of mana if you don't have a tears or a chalice, other than that, it's pretty fun to spam bombs and slow/speeds on people.

I only tried this in dominion as I didn't want to get serious about LoL today. Was great fun.

I could tell he was mana hungry though, game moves so fast in dominion you never notice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't like him, i find other supports much better than him
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

having ult every 30 secounds...

ye hes pretty stupid with the right team//snowball champs ...e.g jax/kog

Deleted
    I don't really get where this "weak early game" ramble comes from. He gets absolutely sick burst with his time bomb and -10 sec cooldown + it's AOE and hits multiple targets. Also the AP scaling is great and his range is excellent.

His weakness early game is his mana pool. His bombs hurt but if you dont' have the mana to cast one.....

Deleted
    He was played by Alex Ich in the Season 2 Championship, but i guess he could have had more success with other champion, guess it was a bit too tunnel-sighted to pick him.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You have to run high Mana/mana regen too though. Those constant spells costs a lot of mana.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    You have to run high Mana/mana regen too though. Those constant spells costs a lot of mana.
    that's what your chalice/athenes is for. Athenes + blue buff is all the cdr you need as well

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Don't like him, i find other supports much better than him
    Dont play him as support, play him as ap mid

Deleted
    Zilean is godly as support with tears.. one of the few champs who can max it easily and build into manamune. With the right champ he can easily go hybrid support / ap and make sure noone gets out of teamfights without atleast 1 bomb on them. Most people dont even know how to play against him either so you just stomp them.

Going bot and counter each poke with a bomb is just awesome
    Last edited by mmoc44505a06a9; 2012-11-02 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Zilean is godly as support with tears.. one of the few champs who can max it easily and build into manamune. With the right champ he can easily go hybrid support / ap and make sure noone gets out of teamfights without atleast 1 bomb on them. Most people dont even know how to play against him either so you just stomp them.

Going bot and counter each poke with a bomb is just awesome
    I really hope you meant archangel instead of manamune

but when you support, a chalice should be better than the tear. costs less, allows the same amount of bomb spamming and gives you some defensive stats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    I really hope you meant archangel instead of manamune

but when you support, a chalice should be better than the tear. costs less, allows the same amount of bomb spamming and gives you some defensive stats.
    If he can get an early Manamune, he can poke all day, although picking it won't be good for mid/late game since you won't be AA people, but it's not that bad in lane.

He's to weak in mid and there are far better supports out there to support with. He's fun in Murder Bridge though.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    I don't really get where this "weak early game" ramble comes from. He gets absolutely sick burst with his time bomb and -10 sec cooldown + it's AOE and hits multiple targets. Also the AP scaling is great and his range is excellent.
    Zilean only has two (kind of) weak phases, imho: Midgame (still in late laning phase but only has one damage source vs. 3-4 from other casters and can't go beyond 5 ranks of time bomb after hitting level 9) and late-lategame, where insta-burst on AP-carries can (situationally) be more important than the support and poke he provides.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    If he can get an early Manamune, he can poke all day, although picking it won't be good for mid/late game since you won't be AA people, but it's not that bad in lane.
    You'd never get manamune as the AP mid and it costs way too much for botlane. Considering that you want to bomb as much as possible and you're the support, you have to make this decision:

Manamune (2.1k) vs Chalice, Philo + HoG (2515)

Manamune will take 15-20min to reach max stacks (counting from the time you get tear) = far too long to reach during the laning phase and doesn't scale well in teamfights (you should auto the enemy but it's unlikely that you'll be able to hit a valuable target and tanks will question what just tried to tickle them). The gp10 build is tankier, gives you a constant gold flow and can be upgraded to game changing teamfight items (a well placed shurelias can win a teamfight).

So in the end you've to choose between some minor ad upgrade and more tankyness and utility. Given these two options, I will always chose the later because it has a bigger impact on my performance and the game.