Page 29 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I wasn't around for the start of them, but did folks complain this hard about the Firelands dailies?
    Is there anything don't people complain about is a better question. Of course people moaned about them, I don't think there is a single aspect of this game that hasn't been moaned about at one time or another. That's human nature really, it's easier to bash. Not that we should all be fan boys but still you think the sky is falling every 2 mins.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neowodahs View Post
    Right after you tell me why you think that is good design. Note that I'm only saying that locking Valor gear behind all of the reputations is bad game design. I also called the initial MoP Justice point design bad and it was changed because it really was bad. It's ok for Blizzard to make design mistakes. I just hope that they change that one thing at some point.

It's a good design because you don't have to do everything right away. With caps in places you can spread out what you are doing and take your time. This makes it so some players don't fall so far behind if they don't do everything everyday.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedsterz View Post
    You are not forced to do Daily quests, it is optional content if you want to get cool shiny gear from a specific vendor, which is pretty much replaced most of the time by raid gear.

When people learn that they are not forced to do dailies, we can stop telling them. Till that day I shall keep telling them.
    Why do you care to tell them? What will they do if you cease telling them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hunteromg View Post
    this is not true. firelands dailes were optional content. mop dailes are not. or maybe you think of everything as optional content. bgs are then optional as well as raids.
    I haven't touched a single MoP daily on my monk (my only 90) and I'm able to progress through LFR and such without issue. They're mandatory to get some of the best profession patterns and mounts, aside from that, everything is obtainable elsewhere.

If they were truly mandatory, there's no way you could progress past heroics (or even into heroics) without the rep rewards.

It seems to me that blizzard is really gun shy about giving people gear anymore,(outside of LFR) they want to stop people gearing up super fast so that content isnt cleared as fast. so by putting these rep cockblocks infront of you no matter how much VP you have you still cant buy the gear , shadow pan rep for example. which honestly i dont mind. let the ppl who want to mindlessly do a bazillion dailies a day do their dailies. I would much rather do dailies for epics than have to go killl gnolls in a forest sumwhere for the rep . so quit ya bitchin and go back to ya hello kitty island adventure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    I found a solution for the problem...

Cancelled my sub yesterday. It´s a pitty wow turned into an asia grinder with people crying for more...
    Glad to hear it one less whiner in wow...you won't be missed. Also the irony about posting in a game forum about the game you quit seems to elude you. No one cares or will beg you to come back.

Also stop hating on the people that are hating on the people that hate daily's. Don't want to do em...don't! Most people are tired of the QQ or "this is too easy, this is too hard, i want this or i want that or gimmie gimmie gimmie". Clearly 5man grinds with tabards is alot better than daily questing with lore/vanity rewards/rare things for mounts/actually being in the world vs sitting in org/sw all day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Why do you care to tell them? What will they do if you cease telling them?
    I dunno, haven't got to that point yet xD

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    We should start complaining about questing to get to max level to. Since it's way to grindy and is no fun compared to grinding out dungeons for gear err I mean xp.
    I've already seen threads claiming we shouldn't have to level and if we do, it shouldn't be more than once. They argued that after seeing the questing on one toon, it was boring to be "forced" to see it again. >_<

The problem with tabards was that not only did you do stuff that had nothing to do with helping the faction in question but you were doing the one thing and getting several rewards for it. You got rep, you got boss drops, you got justice points for gear AND you got Valor for gear. Some people even got call to arms loot bags just for cueing up. So you get everything you need just by knocking out dungeons, all at the same time, and then you sit around the capital city bitching that you have nothing to do.

And thats beyond that helping Neptulon in an ocean dungeon does nothing to help the wild hammer clan but they think you are awesome for wearing their jersey while doing it? "Aye there Matey, I hoird ya done helped Neptulon on t' bottom o' t' ocean, good ting ye be wearin Wildhammer Clan's Jersey or aye would of never hoird about it!!". Please, stop... this many face palms can cause bruises!

Deleted
    Stop hating the haters that hate that haters! Hateception! :P

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    It's called self-control. It's called responsibility for yourself. No one is forcing you to do every daily that's available.
    People are using them as excuses now, Badly. I mean did you see the thread before it was promtly locked claiming dailies were mandatory in his guild and he hasn't been able to take a shower since MoP Release. Talk about Overdramatic and lazy irl, its getting stupid its just quest that don't even take that much time to do even if you do ALL of them everyday its not like you can't take a shower or get clean and have a life its more of them not wanting to and having a shitty excuse.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rejer13 View Post
    Daylies suck and its a reason to quit the game if they wont change it.
    Oh yes pls quit and give wow back to the RP loving people....

10+ Year Old Account
    this is not true. firelands dailes were optional content. mop dailes are not. or maybe you think of everything as optional content. bgs are then optional as well as raids.
    But, BG's and Raids are optional, you don't have to do them, you want to. Same as dailies, you don't have to do them. If you wonder about gearing, you can handle it with the crafted, some LFR and some HC gear. That's been proven already.

And to OP, you can't really say stop hating the haters. Sadly all these dailies has brought all the haters into the sun, and they are now swarming most forums with their "suffering" of dailies. Really, there isn't anything wrong with the dailies, they unlock so much else too, yes. But the game isn't only a view on the dailies, but else a view on other content. In the end, sorry to say. But it's people that complained that the previous expansion didn't contain enough content, so Blizzard added a bit more so you had things you -could- also do.

And in the end, nothing should be free or easy, Cataclysm was the most easiest expansion to do when it comes to much of the content.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    bgs are then optional as well as raids.
    Yes. They are. I've not done a battle ground in over a year. Not sure what point you're trying to make.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    Dailies require 20-30 minutes each faction, if you are in group even less. There is no need to do dailies for each faction every day, in fact we got a weekly valor cap that prevent people to buy all the valor gear available in one day so there is no need to raise them to revered in one week.

I really don't understand daily haters, really.
    Switching characters to check auctions / mail is about 5 minutes for me. Flying to each daily quest hub is another 3-4 minutes. Lately I'm lucky to have 30 minutes or an hour to play every day or two. Having to do dailies in this limited playtime so I can spend valor else it effectively goes to waste is a huge disincentive to actually logging on.

IMO, there should have been another stage of rep gear: 458 blues available at any time, 476 epics at honored, then 489 epics at revered.

Golden Lotus: Required to access August Celestials and Shado-pan.
    - 4 days for hitting Friendly
    - 6 days for hitting Honored: Ring
    - 8 days for hitting Revered: Shoulders and chest-piece.
    - Going exalted takes a maximum total of 11 days at most for each daily done and is optional if you don't need an epic ilvl 496 neck-piece.

Klaxxi:
    - Standard Dread Wastes quests take you above friendly
    - 6 days for hitting Honored (Requires doing the secret daily and completing Dread Wastes quests): Neck
    - 7 days for hitting Revered (Requires doing the secret daily): Belt and leggings
    - Going exalted takes a maximum total of 11 days at most for each daily done and is optional

August Celestials:
    - 6 days to Honored(Assuming you did not skip half of the normal quests that take you to friendly): Wrist
    - 12 days to Revered: Hands and feet
    - Going exalted takes a maximum total of 16 days at most for each daily done and is optional

Shado-pan:
    - 6 days to Honored(Assuming you did not skip half of the normal quests that take you to friendly): Back
    - 12 days to Revered: Trinket and Head
    - Going exalted takes a maximum total of 16 days at most for each daily done and is optional

It takes time, so did it take time in TBC when you had to run the same heroic every day from Honored to Exalted to get the epics until the welfare PvE epics arrived. All they can do to improve on this system is to increase the reputation gained from each daily by 50% and that is it.

If you want to get the most powerful gear that will be upgradeable with rather minimal effort, you need to bear the amount of dailies that will be optional when you are done for getting gear from them. After all these years, high-end gear does correspond to insane luck or effort together again.

Some of the hypocrites in this and all those other threads were the criers who advocated that welfare epics should not be given, oh sweet irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Switching characters to check auctions / mail is about 5 minutes for me. Flying to each daily quest hub is another 3-4 minutes. Lately I'm lucky to have 30 minutes or an hour to play every day or two. Having to do dailies in this limited playtime so I can spend valor else it effectively goes to waste is a huge disincentive to actually logging on.

IMO, there should have been another stage of rep gear: 458 blues available at any time, 476 epics at honored, then 489 epics at revered.
    An MMO is a timesink, the "success" you can attain is tied strictly tied to the amount of time you can spend or how reach you are.

Alts, AH-juggling, PvPing, being a PvE hero or getting epics all add-in to the time that you need to put-in to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post

Lol that's your suggestion? 458 are available with no rep, and there are even 489 epics at honored, and and then the rest at revered, so blizz is doing exactly what you want if not better and you're still complaining about it
    Last edited by Hardeen; 2012-10-30 at 06:46 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dailies are intended to help populate the world again. Prior to making them mandatory, people sat in Org and chain-queued as this was the easiest way to gain rep. People will always take the path of least resistance (chain-queue with a tabard) and this creates a dead world outside of cities.

While I don't love dailies, I like the intent of the design -- get people out of the cities!

Quote Originally Posted by mipper View Post
    Dailies are intended to help populate the world again. Prior to making them mandatory, people sat in Org and chain-queued as this was the easiest way to gain rep. People will always take the path of least resistance (chain-queue with a tabard) and this creates a dead world outside of cities.

While I don't love dailies, I like the intent of the design -- get people out of the cities!
    While I can empathize with the point of getting people out in the world, the content itself is shit. Its done just because its tied to the hip with even a passing interest in PvE content.

Take a look at Noblegarden. People were out and about just for a recolored mount, and by and large they had fun with it. Do something like that, not have me rescue Lao the 30th time.

Heroic gear is good enough for the first raid. Then on top of that you have raid finder gear. You can also do scenarios for a shot at 463 gear. There's also crafted gear. Pretty much a free set of boots from the world sha, 470 epics from hallows end. All these options beyond dailies to get gear to be able to do the first raid. Valor gear is not even required for the raid so I really don't understand peoples issue.

It's easy to get geared to be able to raid, and once you have that gear the raid drops gear on par with valor gear so you can just gear up further from the raid at that point. Valor has a measly 1000 point cap anyways. It pretty much takes at least two full weeks to even get one piece of gear from valor. It's not even an efficient way to gear up even if there were no rep requirements. You would still only be buying 1 piece every two weeks. Like do people not realize this? It's the valor cap that's in your way more then the rep anyway. Valor is more to fill a niche now for when you need that one epic piece in a slot that the boss refuses to drop.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune