Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Finish MSV or move to HoF?

Hey there,
    My guild is 4/6 on MSV normal, havin a rough time on Elegon. Should we 1) move on to Heart of Fear this week, 2) finish MSV 6/6, or 3) blow through MSV 4/6 again and then head to Heart of Fear? Also, if you suggest something, can you please say why? Thanks!

Reckles, Tanaris- US

Start into HoF but leave enough time to clear what you have on farm in MSV and for some Elegon pulls.

Deleted
    you need 6/6 msv to enter hof iirc ^^

Deleted
    Dont you have to clear MSV before you enter Heart of Fear?

unless they changed it you DO NOT need to clear MSV to get into heart of fear. you do however need to clear heart of fear to get into terrace. i would suggest doing ur 4/6 then going to the new raid until u get stuck there
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

From what I remember, you have to clear heart to enter terrace, but not MSV to enter Heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say if you are stuck on Elegon, just go do HoF. Try some new bosses, get some more gear. I'm sure elegon will seem easier when you go back to it.

They need to make it so you have to clear MSV.

Why go into a higher Ilvl area, if you can't even clear a lower level one.....have a feeling LFR HoF is going to suck because of people being unable to clear MSV, wanting to jump into something probably more challenging.

Doubt it will be as faceroll as LFR MSV too, so that's all we need

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    Doubt it will be as faceroll as LFR MSV too, so that's all we need
    What makes you think that all the LFR's won't be faceroll. Thats why blizz created LFR, to let casuals experience the content they spent soo much time on.

Ok, so the concensus seems to be to do the 4/6 for sure and then move on if it lets you. Sounds good. We may even throw in a LFR to gear a little more if we have time before HoF.

In other news, I haz a signature!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckles View Post
    Ok, so the concensus seems to be to do the 4/6 for sure and then move on if it lets you. Sounds good. We may even throw in a LFR to gear a little more if we have time before HoF.
    That is what our guild is going to do this way, pretty much at the exact same point as you. Giving our DPS time to get a bit higher while clearing the first X HoF bosses is probably better than beating your head against Elegon unless your already close to a kill.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

You'll probably be able to do the first 2 bosses in HoF however if you're struggling with Elegon I think you'll struggle with the rest of HoF after that so probably best to go back and work on elegon.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    You'll probably be able to do the first 2 bosses in HoF however if you're struggling with Elegon I think you'll struggle with the rest of HoF after that so probably best to go back and work on elegon.
    Thanks, good concrete advice. Blizz kinda scared me with their "Heart of Fear will be very difficult" announcement.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are in the same boat, we are definitely going for the first 2 bosses in HoF first, were hoping with LFR, sha and those 6 bosses our raid group will jump that little bit of dps, if not we are definitely downing elegon the week after, even if we have to raid all night!

If you can't do Elegon, I'm not sure how much luck you would have in an instance that is tuned higher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    If you can't do Elegon, I'm not sure how much luck you would have in an instance that is tuned higher.
    Elegon is tuned pretty tight so if the first 1/2 bosses in HoF have less beserk high damage then they probably get killed.

The first two bosses are very easy. They are just simple execution fights where the main mechanics are "don't stand in the bad stuff, do stand in the good stuff, dodge tornadoes, rings etc".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Nothing I have read or seen makes it look like the first 2 bosses are tuned anywhere near to that of elegon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Nothing I have read or seen makes it look like the first 2 bosses are tuned anywhere near to that of elegon.
    Elegon is tuned , what? Hes an easy walkover even in heroic :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabyt View Post
    Elegon is tuned , what? Hes an easy walkover even in heroic :/
    Brilliant a realm first heroic achiever, top 37 guild in the world telling me a boss is easy, the other day, while trying to do an ollie, tony hawk told me im an idiot because doing a 360 pop shuv it in to a laser flip is a piece of piss.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-10-30 at 09:38 PM.