Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Release Of 'Star Wars: Episode 7 For 2015

The Force is strong with this merger. Disney announced on Tuesday that he had purchased Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion in cast and stock shares. In conjunction with the news, Disney also revealed that plans for a seventh "Star Wars" film, "Star Wars: Episode VII," are in motion with eyes on theatrical release in 2015.

"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers. I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime," Lucas, who directed four of the six "Star Wars" films, said in a statement. "I'm confident that with Lucasfilm under the

leadership of Kathleen Kennedy, and having a new home within the Disney organization, 'Star Wars' will certainly live on and flourish for many generations to come. Disney's reach and experience give Lucasfilm the opportunity to blaze new trails in film, television, interactive media, theme parks, live entertainment, and consumer products."

Echoed Disney chairman and chief executive officer Robert Iger, "This transaction combines a world-class portfolio of content including 'Star Wars,' one of the greatest family entertainment franchises of all time, with Disney's unique and unparalleled creativity across multiple platforms, businesses, and markets to generate sustained growth and drive significant long-term value."

For more on the Disney acquisition of Lucasfilm, head over the Disney website

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2045632.html

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG, this is real. I am scared. Very scared. This will either be very good or very bad. There will NOT be any middle ground.

May the force be with us all.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

Deleted
    Yes! More threads on the subject!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, request to have this merged with HKs thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Temporary Poster View Post
    You know when we all found out about the news. I decided to make one in TOR. They're was another one in "Off Topic" I wasn't even aware of. There was also one in "TV/Books" it's because the title fits everywhere. I decided to play it in TOR because it's Star Wars Filmed related. I think it'd be massive news that a new film is being brought up. Forgive me if everyone didn't speak with you on where to put the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    First one I've seen. So yeah, not everyone may have heard it where you saw it. Besides what other thread on MMO-Champ would be relevant?

EDIT: Oh, apparently in the off-topic area. I don't go there. I go to MMO-Champ for info on MMO games. This thread beat Joystiq and Kotaku to the punch.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    The Force is strong with this merger. Disney announced on Tuesday that he had purchased Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion in cast and stock shares. In conjunction with the news, Disney also revealed that plans for a seventh "Star Wars" film, "Star Wars: Episode VII," are in motion with eyes on theatrical release in 2015.

"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers. I've always believed that 'Star Wars' could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime," Lucas, who directed four of the six "Star Wars" films, said in a statement. "I'm confident that with Lucasfilm under the

leadership of Kathleen Kennedy, and having a new home within the Disney organization, 'Star Wars' will certainly live on and flourish for many generations to come. Disney's reach and experience give Lucasfilm the opportunity to blaze new trails in film, television, interactive media, theme parks, live entertainment, and consumer products."

Echoed Disney chairman and chief executive officer Robert Iger, "This transaction combines a world-class portfolio of content including 'Star Wars,' one of the greatest family entertainment franchises of all time, with Disney's unique and unparalleled creativity across multiple platforms, businesses, and markets to generate sustained growth and drive significant long-term value."

For more on the Disney acquisition of Lucasfilm, head over the Disney website

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2045632.html
    Psh. Slow poke.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Psh. Slow poke.
    There's always next time.

hmmm yea because the thread title "somethin related' really REALLY stats what the thread is about heh?????

and kitty got it on the head let it merge

Deleted
    I wonder how much would this change affect swtor. For me there's a possibility for Disney to shut it down if they think that is not profitable. Disney is more dick-ish than Lucas or EA

Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    I wonder how much would this change affect swtor. For me there's a possibility for Disney to shut it down if they think that is not profitable. Disney is more dick-ish than Lucas or EA
    well since disney owns the rights to SW IPs there is a chance for them to MAKE EA re-work the way they are doing things and get swtor going again rather than shut it down.

im hoping for a revamp of the game

Deleted
    Damn thats alot of money

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    well since disney owns the rights to SW IPs there is a chance for them to MAKE EA re-work the way they are doing things and get swtor going again rather than shut it down.

im hoping for a revamp of the game
    Dear lord yes. Disney + Bioware would probably = Amazing angels on unicorn clouds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Dear lord yes. Disney + Bioware would probably = Amazing angels on unicorn clouds.
    They would made something good like disney+square enix=kingdom hearts. SW and BW was the best that could happened. I doubt BW would ever make any other MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    lol hey dude just hoping it prolly wont happen but here is to hoping

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my God. Our greatest fears have come true. Uwe Boll has been tapped to direct Episode 7. I am shocked

(Source)

edit: (j/k in case this is somehow against forum rules, don't know if it falls under meme territory or not since it's not directly in the post)
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2012-10-30 at 11:59 PM.

Why..... WHYYYY?!?!?!?!
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

this taken from this site

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=771595

The seventh movie, with a working title of "Episode 7," is set for release in 2015. Episodes 8 and 9 will follow. The new trilogy will carry the story of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia beyond "Return of the Jedi," the third film released and the sixth in the saga. After that, Disney plans a new "Star Wars" movie every two or three years. Lucas will serve as the creative consultant for the new movies.

i am worried, optimistic,terrified, curious, intregued and wounderous about how they will handle the continuing saga. will they start right after RotJ like the novels did, take it a few years into future and do the thrawn series(this is my hope the Sii-Ruvvi was not so intersting) or what.

I worry bout the continuing of Luke, Han and Leia i know they will need new actors(resses) and with todays talent I am terrified to see who they tap for the roles.

Disney CEO Bob Iger said Lucusfilm had already developed an extensive story line on the next trilogy and that "Episode 7" was now in early-stage development.

and this is where the terrified part comes in, whats the storyline does it involve Lucas's screen wirtes or a NEW approach

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/New_Jedi_Order

This will probably be what episode 7 is.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -