Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Point out more than blanket statements and cite some specifics instead of relying on platitudes.
    Its simple. If you play hardcore, you go for every advantage you can. As an extension, if there's an upgrade, you will do LFR if you treat progression raiding seriously. Hence, saying there's no reason for hardcores to do it is silly.

Luckily I'm shit faced normally when I do it so I don't have to remember it too much.

They found a way to get their point across. Being polite and nice about it wasn't working. So...Approach #2!

Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    I enjoy a good put-down as much as the next guy, but you don't want to run the risk of inflaming the community.
    I cannot recall a point in the game's history when the community wasn't inflamed over some thing or another. Lest we all forget Tseric, the man, the myth, the legend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    It's even cuter when you see people acting like the blues are being rude for pointing out fallacious reasoning.
    Some of the replies do have merit.

I got a ban for replying to a Blue in what constructive criticism is and isn't. It wasn't rude at all.

So if they're going to go down that avenue of being direct, they too need to accept direct responses, too.

Responsibility is twofold, not just a blanket statement of, "Do what I say, not what I do". BAD BAD BAD parenting model.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    They should not involve them self in conversations, They are not active enough elsewhere to take time for people like this.
    Moderators who can not ignore idiots are idiots them self, because they cause damage where repairs are their purpose.

Their letters are blue and their words have more "power" in the community.
    Blue could be wrong, but will still be considered right by many. No one dares to take side with the attacked one if the attacker bear strength.

Moderate harassment and excessive aggression, lock necro threads and answer questions
    Never act as public voice against fair debate, your thoughts does not voice whom you speak for.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Some of the replies do have merit.

I got a ban for replying to a Blue in what constructive criticism is and isn't. It wasn't rude at all.

So if they're going to go down that avenue of being direct, they too need to accept direct responses, too.

Responsibility is twofold, not just a blanket statement of, "Do what I say, not what I do". BAD BAD BAD parenting model.
    If your signature is correct and they've deleted 6,100 of your posts from the WoW forums... Damn, man. That's definitely 'your' fault. You're the one to blame, if you broke the forum code of conduct 6,100 times. Bloody hell.

Also, 'bad parenting model'? Sure... If they were our parents. Which they aren't. So that point is utterly irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    They can't, because if they did and things change, guess what will happen?

Understand now?
    Of course they can. They can also change their minds and say just that: "We changed our minds". Businesses do this all the time. Implied in your post is the idea that Blizzard is terrified of forum storms. I think they pay attention when they see one, but overly worried about them? No.

To be clear, I'm not saying they shouldn't pay attention to what people tell them or ignore suggestions. They should. But there's a certain point where patronizing your customer does more harm than good. Reasonable people can disagree about where that point is and do. I think they do it too much. Others may disagree and I have no problem with that.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    If your signature is correct and they've deleted 6,100 of your posts from the WoW forums... Damn, man. That's definitely 'your' fault. You're the one to blame, if you broke the forum code of conduct 6,100 times. Bloody hell.
    An extensive posting history means he broke the COC every time.
    Well ok

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Its simple. If you play hardcore, you go for every advantage you can. As an extension, if there's an upgrade, you will do LFR if you treat progression raiding seriously. Hence, saying there's no reason for hardcores to do it is silly.

Luckily I'm shit faced normally when I do it so I don't have to remember it too much.
    And yet, heroic dungeon level gear is all that is needed to progress through normal mode raids, the LFR gear is not necessary for it. It's unlikely that the minor upgrade that LFR would afford you in a slot will affect your performance so drastically that you would be unable to perform your duty in progression raiding (normal or heroic).

So if someone chooses to run LFR to try to get every possible minor upgrade they can to progression raid, that's on them. It's not a requirement. And it's certainly not a reason to be calling anyone else who runs LFR willingly "mouthbreathers".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephismo View Post
    Yes but if a normal poster had made them comments they would have been reported.
    They also would be serving a ban.
    Because the forum rules.. Don’t apply to Blue posters it seems.
    I disagree over there all the time. I get reported all the time too and guess what. Not one ban or suspension. Why? Because I can manage to state my case in a way that stays within the rules.

Which forum rules specifically do you believe that Draztal has broken?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    And yet, heroic dungeon level gear is all that is needed to progress through normal mode raids, the LFR gear is not necessary for it. It's unlikely that the minor upgrade that LFR would afford you in a slot will affect your performance so drastically that you would be unable to perform your duty in progression raiding (normal or heroic).
    Have you barely beaten an enrage by 10 seconds, like most guilds still do on Garajal 10H?
    Quite literally a singular piece, on each player, can often make the difference.

And as I said earlier, the guy should have been more behaved. I'm not defending that element.
    I was simply refuting the argument "LFR gear is irrelevant for heroics".

I love all the 'White-Knights' in this thread saying that Blizzard is unprofessional and how dare they talk to their customers like that.

I have two words for you people BULL-SHIT.

I would like too see you calmly and respectfully respond to someone saying shit like "WOW BLIZZ U FUCKING FAIL. WAY 2 NERF MY CLASS." or "WAY 2 LET TEH MOUTHBREATHERS GET TEH GEARZ FAGS"

Day after day
    after day
    after day

You can be Ghandi for all the fucks I give, But people will eventually snap. Have you seen WoW's community? The fucking worst community in the history of MMO's..or gaming.

Tseric says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    I would like too see you calmly and respectfully respond to someone saying shit like "WOW BLIZZ U FUCKING FAIL. WAY 2 NERF MY CLASS." or "WAY 2 LET TEH MOUTHBREATHERS GET TEH GEARZ FAGS"

Day after day
    after day
    after day
    You would excel in customer service.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    But there's a certain point where patronizing your customer does more harm than good. Reasonable people can disagree about where that point is and do. I think they do it too much. Others may disagree and I have no problem with that.
    While I personally think it's hilarious and wish I could have the same freedom, I can objectively say that it is beyond stupid to run a business this way. No matter how 'cool' the business gets, because they are catering to a gamer/nerd community, basic tenets of business don't ever go away.

I managed a restaurant in my early 20's and had to deal with a lot of garbage. I was cussed at, threatened, attempted to be swindled, etc. If something ever went past my personal lines of tolerance, I would certainly stand up to them and tell them that they can't talk to me that way, while reinforcing that I am here to help them.

While it would certainly be respectable to tell someone they can't talk a certain way or behave rudely, it is not respectable to snarkily try to slip an insult to them. They already have so much money and grease in the machine, I doubt there will ever be serious repercussions for speak like this, but a better manager of the CM team would nip that shit in the bud.

You just can't talk to customers that way. There's a rule in the CS world that negative experiences impact 10x more people than positive ones, so you do everything you can to turn each experience into a positive. For example, if someone has bad food they will be more likely to tell 10 of their friends about it and to not go there. Those people are more inclined to tell 10 more of their friends and so on. However, even great experiences on average reach only 1 new person.

Looking at those percentages, you can see why you never want to behave this way. Especially when the opporunity to be vocal about negativity is so readily available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you barely beaten an enrage by 10 seconds, like most guilds still do on Garajal 10H?
    Quite literally a singular piece, on each player, can often make the difference.

And as I said earlier, the guy should have been more behaved. I'm not defending that element.
    Hmm...

Fortunately, that's a topic for another thread, not the topic of this one. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Hmm...

Fortunately, that's a topic for another thread, not the topic of this one. :P
    Just saying, that extra piece of gear on a person does add up. It isn't just me getting the piece. Its 10/25 getting a chance at another piece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    You just can't talk to customers that way. There's a rule in the CS world that negative experiences impact 10x more people than positive ones, so you do everything you can to turn each experience into a positive. For example, if someone has bad food they will be more likely to tell 10 of their friends about it and to not go there. Those people are more inclined to tell 10 more of their friends and so on. However, even great experiences on average reach only 1 new person.
    All I'm really saying is that Blizzard should deal with customers honestly, directly and openly. If they don't intend to do X, they should say so with no snark or sarcasm. They shouldn't leave behind the impression that maybe they might change their minds if only there were another dozen threads about something. As a model of this, their response to CRZ complaints has been quite good. "We'll fix the bugs and are anxious to hear about them" without ever even marginally extending a peace pipe in the direction that they have any intention of reverting the functionality itself. That's how it should go. It's their game and they should own it. Just as I would not expect a vegetarian/vegan restaurant to add burgers and steaks to their menu, Blizzard should be clear about what their game is and not raise false hopes about what it will never be.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-11-05 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Clarity

Yes I like it. I hate it when anyone in customer service lets rude people walk all over them.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

It still doesn't make it required. If the encounter is tuned for 463, then 476 gear simply isn't required. It will help, and there will be those that feel like they must do it, but in reality they are choosing to do it. LFR gear only becomes a requirement, if the skill just isn't there...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps