Page 73 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    You should also gem intellect if you are purely interested in Malkorok throughput. Really, for most of these bosses, rankings mean very little.
    Speaking of which, Galakras is the only fight where I managed to have Beacon of Light as my top heal(lol NPC beacon padding). Naturally I went on to rank on that fight, was hilariously cheesy.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eresc/advanced

Alternate Specs/Glyphs: Don't change spec often

Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6...ses&boss=71475

Questions, concerns, expectations: I'm struggling a lot on Heroic Protectors. I know this is supposed to be an easy fight, but it is, by far, the longest most boring god awful stressful fight for me. I'm always tight on mana, I can never seem to get in the burst I need and its like I can't seem to get my head on straight. I even had to reforge for extra combat regen. I typically run with 13k and I think I reforged up to 15k. I would rather do any other fight except this one, it like agony for me.

Would be interested in input as to what I can do better from a 10m perspective. I know I'm making mistakes but I can't seem to figure out where I'm going wrong. Its like I start out fine and next thing I know its a clusterfuck.

Any help that can pinpoint the spots where I'm messing up.

Description of Playstyle: Generically, divine light on beacon target for holy power gen if the raid isn't taking damage, or HR if it is, and EF on whoever needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Speaking of which, Galakras is the only fight where I managed to have Beacon of Light as my top heal(lol NPC beacon padding). Naturally I went on to rank on that fight, was hilariously cheesy.
    If only padding required just Beacon though! It also requires (purposeful?) piss poor add management to allow not one, but tons of Fracture ticks to go off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresc View Post
    I know this is supposed to be an easy fight, but it is, by far, the longest most boring god awful stressful fight for me. I'm always tight on mana, I can never seem to get in the burst I need and its like I can't seem to get my head on straight. I even had to reforge for extra combat regen. I typically run with 13k and I think I reforged up to 15k. I would rather do any other fight except this one, it like agony for me.
    H: Fallen Protectors is and is always going to be, bar another 80% DS nerf, a massive mana drain fight. Especially if your guild is still pushing to kill him in 10 minutes.

A quick glance over your logs are you are doing good on pretty much everything. You're using all your CD's, HS usage is good, you're not really touching LoD, etc. Your guilds problem isn't you. Your guilds problem is that 3rd healer that is only doing a third of the healing of either of you and your DPS are pulling pretty low numbers, making you hit enrage. At least making that 3rd healer go DPS (or replacing them with a DPS) will make the fight much, much easier. Even then, though, Fallen Protectors is pretty mana draining.
    Last edited by Hainiryuun; 2014-01-13 at 04:14 PM.

H: Fallen Protectors is and is always going to be, bar another 80% DS nerf, a massive mana drain fight. Especially if your guild is still pushing to kill him in 10 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hainiryuun View Post
    A quick glance over your logs are you are doing good on pretty much everything. You're using all your CD's, HS usage is good, you're not really touching LoD, etc. Your guilds problem isn't you. Your guilds problem is that 3rd healer that is only doing a third of the healing of either of you and your DPS are pulling pretty low numbers, making you hit enrage. At least making that 3rd healer go DPS (or replacing them with a DPS) will make the fight much, much easier. Even then, though, Fallen Protectors is pretty mana draining.
    Okay, so it's not just me then. I was wondering if it would just be easier If our Holy priest went back to Shadow. He really hasn't done any healing until we made him. So I knew his numbers were going to be low, but I wasn't sure if it would just be easier with him as dps since, 2 healing it was difficult. Our Disc doesn't seem to have any mana issues so I was a bit frustrated to find myself OOM half way through.

First Night on Heroic Malkorok (holy advice?)

I've been pouring over vids over the weekend to prep for tonight, I'm fairly sure I'm ready, our Disc Priest is bringing his Resto druid and were going to try and 2 heal (like a lot of videos recommend) but our Resto/Ele shammy is ready to swap back to heals at the point we decide our DPS isn't bad. I'm rocking Clemency because our BrM Monk is going to be solo-ing the Blood Rage and I'll be putting glyph'd Sacs on him to cover him for the full time.

But, I would love some advice from anyone who's killed it on tips and tricks for us, and me specifically.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...apsed/advanced

And yes I've had the WORST luck with getting a new neck and boots

I heal this with my 10man guild with either a Resto Druid or Resto Shaman. We have a Blood DK and Prot warrior, of which the Blood DK solo soaks the Blood Rage phase while the warrior helps clear orbs.

Only real advice I can give is use Holy Radiance on the tanks/melee and roll EF's on the ranged. This is the only fight where I actually put Beacon on myself. I always have a green shield, and if I happen to run into an orb by mistake my shield is almost immediately green again.

Not sure how you guys are planning on starting the fight but we stack up and our resto druid does a mushroom burst plus some good AoE from both healers to get green shields on everyone then run to their positions

Now there's a great tip, the Stacking I really like. Do you ever pop bubble/speed of light and go absorb a ton of orbs? or just leave it to the tanks to clean up and save bubble for some other scenario?

10+ Year Old Account
    Use bubble+speed of light to clear orbs if the breath lands in a bad spot.

Boots: In theory, you can use Burdens of Eternity on the Timeless Plate Boots until you get good stats (spirit/haste/mastery), then upgrade it. It will be superior to what you are wearing.

This fight is far different than most fights in that overhealing isn't wasted at all. So you should be rolling HoTs on as much of the raid as you can while prioritizing your group (making sure all shields on ranged are red before an implosion).

If your tanks are alternating consider using Glyph of Beacon of Light, you can drop Divinity. Try to get a 4 set bonus, it's quite strong, even if it means using a normal piece over heroic.

1) You are nearly 2k haste over the haste breakpoint - put those into int or mastery.

2) As a holy pally, you can safely pop all your cds at the start and start blanketing EFs on everyone. As a general rule of thumb, the ranged dps/healers most likely to knocked up at the start are the ones with the highest aggro. That usually means the healer putting out the highest HPS at the start, or the DPS with the highest burst. Start by putting EFs on these targets first. HA should be up again just before bloodrage so you have a cd then.

2.1) Stacking at the start for heals is generally quite pointless, not to mention, dangerous if people are slow to move out. You definitely don't want more than 1 person to get knocked up in the air, and the unnecessary movement hinders prepotted dps.

3) Unbreakable spirit is way, way better and safer for you for this fight. You should not need double sacs, and even if you took it, it only results in one extra sac cast(since if you blow double sac on the first bloodrage, only one will finish recharging by the time the second bloodrage swings by). Unbreakable spirit allows you to actively soak puddles without wasting too many GCDs and HP on self-heals, while promoting personal and raid survivability by allowing clearing of orbs on a regular basis.

Get your druid to ironbark the tank, problem solved.

4) Always beacon the tank solo soaking. You want him to never drop shields pre-bloodrage, and you always want him to have full shields when bloodrage swings by. Glyph of Beacon of Light is very weak for a solo-soaking strat, as a holy pally you never need to beacon the other tank because prism and HR more than covers the healing demands for any tank for the first phase. Divinity is far stronger, use this, or Glyph of Flash of Light to aid in spam healing the tank during bloodrage.

P.S. I find it strange you haven't downed Iron Juggernaut yet when it's far easier a boss than Malkorok.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2014-01-14 at 08:45 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Thanks for the advice, we got him to ~30% a couple of times, we know where our weaknesses are and we're going to have some good work on it in 2 lockouts. Let me reply bit by bit to your individual comments and put as much effort as you did into them for me. Most of your advice came during raid or after, my bad on not posting sooner.

Boots: In theory, you can use Burdens of Eternity on the Timeless Plate Boots until you get good stats (spirit/haste/mastery), then upgrade it. It will be superior to what you are wearing.
    Thanks, I've tried with what plate boots I've gotten from there, never seem to get the right stats to perfect it, I'll just keep hoping I get the immerseus ones since it's not really a crux of my gear

This fight is far different than most fights in that overhealing isn't wasted at all. So you should be rolling HoTs on as much of the raid as you can while prioritizing your group (making sure all shields on ranged are red before an implosion).
    If your tanks are alternating consider using Glyph of Beacon of Light, you can drop Divinity.
    I was using these ideals tonight and really worked it, was keeping at around 200k hps the entire fight and felt comfortable with the raid's absorbs

Try to get a 4 set bonus, it's quite strong, even if it means using a normal piece over heroic.
    Haven't had the chance even on normal (have a priest, a lock, and a ret pally in raid to roll against) But trust me, I'm hoping for it

1) You are nearly 2k haste over the haste break point - put those into int or mastery.
    Thanks, Yeah that was done after the first couple pulls, I dumped to get as much haste as I could to cast faster, I noticed I could loose a, what I consider, Negligible amount of mastery for 2k haste, hell I almost was able to make the 10k BP but let's be honest that's just silly even on a fight like Malk where every tick is often used

2) As a holy pally, you can safely pop all your cds at the start and start blanketing EFs on everyone. As a general rule of thumb, the ranged dps/healers most likely to knocked up at the start are the ones with the highest aggro. That usually means the healer putting out the highest HPS at the start, or the DPS with the highest burst. Start by putting EFs on these targets first. HA should be up again just before bloodrage so you have a cd then.
    Yeah, those are tricks I learned all too well doing this fight on normal! but good advice none the less!

2.1) Stacking at the start for heals is generally quite pointless, not to mention, dangerous if people are slow to move out. You definitely don't want more than 1 person to get knocked up in the air, and the unnecessary movement hinders prepotted dps.
    So we found otherwise, and allow me to explain how this works. "Stacking" in our raid is a lose term at times in which we mean were in the same-ish area. Not all on top of each other like on Galakras. In this case the druid had his green healing circle down and a shroom in the middle and we were all loosly in the range of that for the first 10 seconds of each pull. People had room to move from Orbs and only one person would get knocked up. We were VERY quickly able to get Bubbles on everyone and I was able to blanket EF everyone before spreading (by doing the afore mentioned popping all CDs along with HA)

3) Unbreakable spirit is way, way better and safer for you for this fight. You should not need double sacs, and even if you took it, it only results in one extra sac cast(since if you blow double sac on the first bloodrage, only one will finish recharging by the time the second bloodrage swings by). Unbreakable spirit allows you to actively soak puddles without wasting too many GCDs and HP on self-heals, while promoting personal and raid survivability by allowing clearing of orbs on a regular basis. Get your druid to ironbark the tank, problem solved.
    So this is one of those what I actively called "preferential" talents and styles. you'll say tomato, and I'll say no thanks I'll just have the rice. I like having the double freedoms for anyone who just had the add spawn on them and are about to get smashed (happens WAY more than I think it should, but hey, RNG is RNG) Also It really doesn't look like were pushing a second bloodrage 2 healing it. Now like you said, our monk tank doesn't "Really" need the coverage with that... but Idk call me stubborn or stupid but I prefer to have it up anyways. Also we had every ranged member using their 90% immunities to pop all of the orbs, although that still ended up being the crux of our failures this evening

4) Always beacon the tank solo soaking. You want him to never drop shields pre-bloodrage, and you always want him to have full shields when bloodrage swings by. Glyph of Beacon of Light is very weak for a solo-soaking strat, as a holy pally you never need to beacon the other tank because prism and HR more than covers the healing demands for any tank for the first phase. Divinity is far stronger, use this, or Glyph of Flash of Light to aid in spam healing the tank during bloodrage.
    The druid seemed to keep the tank fairly well topped off, I didnt feel any urge or need to really hit FoL at all. And as was mentioned before you I was using Divinity before this. After a couple of pulls I realized I was switching it often. I tried the "keeping it on myself" Method that Quti mentioned above, but I wasn't really needing it. As long as I was moving I wasn't taking enough damage to warrant it. But rotating it on the tanks didn't seem to cause any problems and it let the druid help cover the raid better as well

P.S. I find it strange you haven't downed Iron Juggernaut yet when it's far easier a boss than Malkorok.
    We've had some weird schedules come up the last several weeks (holidays and all) and we ended up having lockouts at say Dark Shaman, then when we down DS we ended up getting time on Nazgrim and realizing we could roll him fairly easily. Once that happened well, we had our monday lockout at Malk and it seemed like a damned fine challenge. Hell because of unfortunate absences (were on a small server getting fill ins for a late night raid is tricky at best) we only just got our first FP kill. It's been a weird couple of months

Again thank you all, I'm sure with a night or two more we'll have this one under our belt, and PosPosPos don't worry we'll get juggernaut before we go back to Malk.

Okay, so it's not just me then. I was wondering if it would just be easier If our Holy priest went back to Shadow. He really hasn't done any healing until we made him. So I knew his numbers were going to be low, but I wasn't sure if it would just be easier with him as dps since, 2 healing it was difficult. Our Disc doesn't seem to have any mana issues so I was a bit frustrated to find myself OOM half way through.
    Disc generally isn't going to have any mana issues if its well played, the only real time they have to even use mana on that fight is during the pre-Sun Spirit Shells or the Dark Meditation Spirit Shell/AoE spam. If your other priest is a smart Shadow though you'll be faaar better off with him as shadow, since he can still do a pretty reasonable amount of healing and its a very good multi-dot fight so his DPS should actually be quite reasonable, ontop of being a bit more free to use Hymn when its actually needed rather than when it can be weaved in with healing. Also if you give him Tranq, he'll be able to massively ease the stress on those AoE phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Disc generally isn't going to have any mana issues if its well played, the only real time they have to even use mana on that fight is during the pre-Sun Spirit Shells or the Dark Meditation Spirit Shell/AoE spam. If your other priest is a smart Shadow though you'll be faaar better off with him as shadow, since he can still do a pretty reasonable amount of healing and its a very good multi-dot fight so his DPS should actually be quite reasonable, ontop of being a bit more free to use Hymn when its actually needed rather than when it can be weaved in with healing. Also if you give him Tranq, he'll be able to massively ease the stress on those AoE phases.
    Ya, our shadow is usually really good with helping out where we ask him to, and I think, now that we know the fight a little better, we will ask him to go back to shadow. He is pretty respectable dps and I think I'd rather have the 290k dps than the 65k hps.

If only padding required just Beacon though! It also requires (purposeful?) piss poor add management to allow not one, but tons of Fracture ticks to go off.
    On 10's you really only need 2-3 ticks to go off on an NPC for Beacon to have 0 overheal from start to end.

- - - Updated - - -

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eresc/advanced

Alternate Specs/Glyphs: Don't change spec often

Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6...ses&boss=71475

Questions, concerns, expectations: I'm struggling a lot on Heroic Protectors. I know this is supposed to be an easy fight, but it is, by far, the longest most boring god awful stressful fight for me. I'm always tight on mana, I can never seem to get in the burst I need and its like I can't seem to get my head on straight. I even had to reforge for extra combat regen. I typically run with 13k and I think I reforged up to 15k. I would rather do any other fight except this one, it like agony for me.

Would be interested in input as to what I can do better from a 10m perspective. I know I'm making mistakes but I can't seem to figure out where I'm going wrong. Its like I start out fine and next thing I know its a clusterfuck.

Any help that can pinpoint the spots where I'm messing up.

Description of Playstyle: Generically, divine light on beacon target for holy power gen if the raid isn't taking damage, or HR if it is, and EF on whoever needs it.
    1) You are 700 haste in excess of the 7170 breakpoint.

2) HR is better than DL on beacon target. Raid ALWAYS takes damage on protectors. Tanks don't really spike much on this fight to need DLs. Not to mention you are running 3 healers, there's no excuse to simply spam HR and blanket the ranged/melee group in bubbles.

3) Spirit is low for progression 10 man Protectors. And no, it isn't an easy fight for healers.

4) I noticed you are not stacking for this fight. Why? Holy Priest using Cascade and Disc using Halo is very evident of this fact, and looking at how many targets you healed with Holy Radiance cements this. You should stack, and it will make healing so much more easier.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2014-01-14 at 02:57 PM.

Shadow Tranq does nothing. You're better off just wasting the symbiosis and giving it to nobody.

Also, Disc can run oom easily on protectors.

Shadow Tranq does nothing. You're better off just wasting the symbiosis and giving it to nobody.
    It does enough to stabilize the raid so the real healers can keep it efficient rather than having to shit themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does enough to stabilize the raid so the real healers can keep it efficient rather than having to shit themselves.
    No it really doesn't. It does a laughably low amount of healing

If you want to stabilize raid health on H protectors, you get the spriest to spam mass dispel or pop VE. Not waste time on a channeled CD that does less healing than Devouring Plague.

Each tick of spriest Tranq heals for a grand total of 8.35k health at 50k spellpower, plus 4.2k healing per 2 seconds over 8 seconds at max of 3 stacks.

Veryyyyy impressive /sarcasm.

Oh, and I might add that spamming renew, PoM and PWS in the time the spriest would take to channel tranq would result in the same or more healing.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2014-01-14 at 07:06 PM.

Devo only works on the purple swirlies (afaik) so you can use them to help the people who's soaking them, usually the first round of swirlies after each tank cleave phase or the first one that comes on pull. If you don't need it any other place then ask your tanks who's starting the tanking after the first cleave phase and LoH him once you see the absorb buff show up on him for a instant 700k or whatever shield.
    Haven't actually healed this fight (25man ret) but it's pretty obvious when damage comes in this fight so it's mostly just to get a head start on the absorbs and never falling behind. Use raid cds "before" you need them - meaning use them to get ahead and play safe instead of using them to catch up and risking someone losing their shields at the wrong time.

Malkorok Helper is a great addon for this fight as it tracks where the slams have landed so it's 1 less thing to care about.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!