Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post

    Though dear lord, it would be terrible if they actually limited what you could do a day.
    Um. Early on I remember seeing 16 quests a day.

    Is that restriction no longer in place?
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal, Tigerclaw
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  2. #22
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,216
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Um. Early on I remember seeing 16 quests a day.

    Is that restriction no longer in place?
    ...I hope this is a cruel joke. Only able to do 16 quests a day would take less than an hour. I guses it's a good way to make me not play for too long haha.

  3. #23
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    No, I totally meant that with no rested, and half the xp gain you could potentially run out of quests. Without boosts and legacy perks, unlimited FPs/WZs, you may find yourself in a sticky situation.

    Though dear lord, it would be terrible if they actually limited what you could do a day.
    I see your point. On the PTS I got my F2P toon to lvl 17 by the end of Drommund Kaas (which is the same as I get all my toons by the second planet). However as F2P'ers get no rest XP I'm not sure that they can get to lvl 50 solely via questing. Sure, I got to lvl 17 moreorless 'on time' but I can't vouch for the heavy XP planets and the effect that no rest XP has long term. It could very well be that a F2P'er with no PStatus will get 'stuck' at lvl 30 or so.

    Unfortunately due to the annoyingly retarded system they have on the PTS I'm not going to bother levelling up a toon past 17 only to have that toon wiped every month or so. In SWG's PTS you kept your testing toon forever so you could actually test new content over and over using the 'character builder function'. Anyway I digress, lol.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 04:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Um. Early on I remember seeing 16 quests a day.

    Is that restriction no longer in place?
    That restriction wasn't on the PTS at least. Not sure if maybe they intended to have it but it certainly hasn't been on the testing server.
    Last edited by Jamos77; 2012-11-14 at 03:20 PM.
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    ...I hope this is a cruel joke. Only able to do 16 quests a day would take less than an hour. I guses it's a good way to make me not play for too long haha.
    I can't find it anymore so I am hoping it died a while back when they announced preferred status and swept a bunch of shit away.
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal, Tigerclaw
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    ...I hope this is a cruel joke. Only able to do 16 quests a day would take less than an hour. I guses it's a good way to make me not play for too long haha.
    No there is no limit to how many quests a day you can do.

    Also, I am trying to double check it but I think the reduced xp rate just means that F2P accounts don't get rested xp. I could be confusing things though.

  6. #26
    Yes it is definitely worth it, though it is well worth the sub anyways...Might as well support the company that is giving you the game...
    WoW having more subs than SWTOR is the same thing as Justin Bieber having more youtube plays than Tupac. Just because its more popular doesn't mean its good.
    Warcraft Lore has gone from one of the most vast and interesting stories in all of gaming to a bad Thrall Fanfic by Chris Metzen.
    SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2MpjV9 7 free days and other free stuff.

  7. #27
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Also, I am trying to double check it but I think the reduced xp rate just means that F2P accounts don't get rested xp. I could be confusing things though.
    If that's the case, that's fine. What I read sounded like they were actually halving your earned XP. No new character of mine would have rested XP anyways. I can live without that. Though the side quests would get annoying after a while.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Yes it is definitely worth it, though it is well worth the sub anyways...Might as well support the company that is giving you the game...
    Careful, that's a pretty tall horse.
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal, Tigerclaw
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Yay.
    However F2P receive less XP than subscribers if im not mistaken, you also only have 2 quickbars to use and only 5 field revives (if you die) to spend.
    I think those are the more cumbersome restrictions. Some others like bag space and bank acess are standard in F2P limitations.
    LMAO

    Are they seriously limiting the number of quickbars for F2P users? They're honestly dense enough to think that prohibiting the keybinding of all class skills is somehow a proactive approach to getting people to subscribe?

    Limiting experience gains, lowering field revives, reducing/removing the ability to queue for flashpoints/warzones and operations are all reasonable stances to take on a F2P structure. Limiting keybind space, and therefore making the classes perform at a subpar level - well that's just stupid. But it is EA and Bioware, so stupid does make sense...

    Warning - You can get your point across without the use of all the foul language. ~Rag
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2012-11-14 at 03:51 PM.

  10. #30
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Yes it is definitely worth it, though it is well worth the sub anyways...Might as well support the company that is giving you the game...
    Support by all means. I believe though it's best not to turn a blind eye to anything you don't like about a product. There's no real need to blindly defend a multi-billion dollar company just because you like their product. I love TOR but some things strike me as absurd and I tend to point them out happily enough while defending things about the company I do like/agree with.

    It's how I maintain sanity (just)
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  11. #31
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,216
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Yes it is definitely worth it, though it is well worth the sub anyways...Might as well support the company that is giving you the game...
    Are you a Presidential debate writer? There's more spin on that statement than on a vintage turntable.

  12. #32
    There is no limit to the amount of missions you can do per day.

    You do not get less XP, you just do not get rested XP.

    I am not sure why five field revives is a problem since I have never even seen field revives in another MMO before SWTOR. Besides, if you are dying that many times, maybe you need the walk back to your corpse to figure out a new strategy.

    Two quickbars is plenty for people to get to level 50 and see the story. If you buy ANYTHING or were a subscriber at ANY POINT, you get more than that. Not sure why this is such a big deal.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 09:52 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Are you a Presidential debate writer? There's more spin on that statement than on a vintage turntable.
    You are just bitter because they didn't let you run the game the way you want. I honestly don't understand why you even still come to these forums.
    WoW having more subs than SWTOR is the same thing as Justin Bieber having more youtube plays than Tupac. Just because its more popular doesn't mean its good.
    Warcraft Lore has gone from one of the most vast and interesting stories in all of gaming to a bad Thrall Fanfic by Chris Metzen.
    SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2MpjV9 7 free days and other free stuff.

  13. #33
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,216
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    I am not sure why five field revives is a problem since I have never even seen field revives in another MMO before SWTOR.
    I would consider running back to the EXACT spot you died to be a field revive which is present in just about every game that isn't SWTOR.

    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    You are just bitter because they didn't let you run the game the way you want. I honestly don't understand why you even still come to these forums.
    Your ignorance has been proven mightily sir. For Arlee's sanity I will place you on ignore, I suggest you do the same.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    I am not sure why five field revives is a problem since I have never even seen field revives in another MMO before SWTOR. Besides, if you are dying that many times, maybe you need the walk back to your corpse to figure out a new strategy.
    The issue is that you don't walk back to your corpse. You revive at the med-center, and then have to fight your way back to where you were. In some parts of the game that's not a big deal, in others though that is a huge pita.

  15. #35
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    The issue is that you don't walk back to your corpse. You revive at the med-center, and then have to fight your way back to where you were. In some parts of the game that's not a big deal, in others though that is a huge pita.
    Heroic quests are the worst. Especially when you are soloing them. If the respawn rates were a little lower it might not be that big of an issue. It's a little stifling, but I think the bigger impact will be on group play to be honest.

  16. #36
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Heroic quests are the worst. Especially when you are soloing them. If the respawn rates were a little lower it might not be that big of an issue. It's a little stifling, but I think the bigger impact will be on group play to be honest.
    What's the impact on group play? I know there's a delay after reviving a party member before you can do it again. Is this delay increased for F2P?

    Edit: If not, I would think that the key to avoiding the revive at a med center is just to make sure you are teaming up with other players who can revive you in the field. I prefer solo play, so I'm not a big fan of this. But Bioware has made it very clear that they like to "encourage" players to team up.
    Last edited by Parrin; 2012-11-14 at 05:18 PM.

  17. #37
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Parrin View Post
    What's the impact on group play? I know there's a delay after reviving a party member before you can do it again. Is this delay increased for F2P?

    Edit: If not, I would think that the key to avoiding the revive at a med center is just to make sure you are teaming up with other players who can revive you in the field. I prefer solo play, so I'm not a big fan of this. But Bioware has made it very clear that they like to "encourage" players to team up.
    A group comprised of 2 F2P players and 2 Subscribers is on the 'boss' of a heroic 4+. They all die.

    The F2P players will have to run back or wait for you to rez them. With rapidly respawning mobs, it might result in the two subscribers being stranded in the middle of nowhere/not able to rez without aggroing, which still results in waiting for the F2P players to run back. So the only feasible option is for everyone to run back and reclear.

    Now you are punishing the subscribers for a F2P restriction. This has the added effect of creating a forced divide in the community which opens the door for harassment and anger from both parties.

    edit: and some of the med centers are reeeeally far away
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2012-11-14 at 05:32 PM.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    This has the added effect of creating a forced divide in the community which opens the door for harassment and anger from both parties.
    That's really my biggest concern with the various restrictions. I don't think it will be good for the game at all in the long run if there is this rift between F2P players and Subs. If F2P players have trouble getting into groups, or get kicked out for being F2P, it's be a bad experience for them and could discourage people from playing (and potentially paying).

  19. #39
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    That's really my biggest concern with the various restrictions. I don't think it will be good for the game at all in the long run if there is this rift between F2P players and Subs. If F2P players have trouble getting into groups, or get kicked out for being F2P, it's be a bad experience for them and could discourage people from playing (and potentially paying).
    No kidding. Just think about potential WZ chat. F2P players with no ability to equip epics, so constantly filling up queues with subpar gear prompting the handful of subscribers to wail how disadvantaged their team was b/c the other side all had top end PvP gear. Some subscribers who don't PvP in groups might actually cancel their sub after a period of time where this happens frequently.

    Additionally only being able to play x matches a week will not help bad players get better, so the talent pool will be lesser as well. It just adds up to restrictions that will impact subscribers whether they realize it or not.

  20. #40
    I was actually thinking of playing SWTOR again with this new F2P, but that half experience gains is scaring me a bit. I've only leveled one char, a warrior, and I only got to level 49 with him, having finished my class' story at 47, and being always 3 levels behind, ie, I was level 44 on a level 47 zone for instance

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •