Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Immortal Dezerte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    2 per an account not per a server. http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...9&postcount=83

    Also you can't tell Bioware unless you're subbed. So this is one of the few places people can actually post since according to the SWToR website as a F2P/preferred account you don't have sufficient privileges to use their forums or contact support.
    Indeed.

    I'd assume they read others forums other than their own, so forgive us for discussing our issues here.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

    The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

  2. #22
    As a side note, the whole character counting system seems to not be functioning properly atm. For instance right now even if you delete a character the system still counts that character and you still can't create a new one. Unfortunately that means F2P people just have to wait until they can get that fixed to create new toons.

  3. #23

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    As a side note, the whole character counting system seems to not be functioning properly atm. For instance right now even if you delete a character the system still counts that character and you still can't create a new one. Unfortunately that means F2P people just have to wait until they can get that fixed to create new toons.
    If you're "free to play" and not a preferred status, I would simply setup a new email address and create a new account.

    I don't understand why the subpar support for F2P. On my 20 unlimited trial on WOW, the support is actually amazing. Actually, imo, Blizzards support is unparalleled in the MMO market.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    As a side note, the whole character counting system seems to not be functioning properly atm. For instance right now even if you delete a character the system still counts that character and you still can't create a new one. Unfortunately that means F2P people just have to wait until they can get that fixed to create new toons.
    This bug may pick and choose who it effects. For me the system is working. It shows I have 2 characters, I delete one and I can make another. I had 17 at one time and deleted them all. Some toons took a few minutes to appear deleted but it went through.
    Check out what I'm selling in ESO HERE!

    Interested in joining the MMO-Champion US guild? Whisper me in-game! @greevir

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    If you're "free to play" and not a preferred status, I would simply setup a new email address and create a new account.
    A new account with a new email address is the only way to have non-Preferred F2P status. Any account from game launch onward has Preferred status or better.

    People with existing characters don't necessarily want to do new accounts because they want to keep their Legacy.

    Still experimenting...

  7. #27
    I have this problem, and i can't believe Bioware didn't correct a bug that BLOCKS access to former-subscribers after more than a Month !
    I deleted 5 level 50 and have 0 character on the whole account because i wanted to create a character to play with my friends and the game asks for 1 more delete. This is just truely outrageous.

  8. #28
    The character limit does really suck for returning players.

    If they gave me the option of locking out all but 1 or 2 then I wouldn't be so pissed because I'd lock out all but 1 and make a new character but it sucks how there is no way for a returning player to make a new character without deleing a Sh*tload of already made characters.

    I want to try a new story but I either have to delete 16 characters or sub, no other options.

  9. #29
    This limitation stopped me from playing at all.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryyain View Post
    This limitation stopped me from playing at all.
    I completely understand. They lose nothing by not doing what they did, all it does is torture people into deleting their hard work to try something else or sub. It's an unfair corner they back people into.

    If a sub meant you got to play any class instead of just 2 they decide it would be slightly different (it would still suck) but right now all classes are free.

    It's an arbitrary limitation that you get to choose really.

    I understand how it is a F2P limitation but it really seems like an unneeded and unfair one. I'm sure many people disagree with my opinion though.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodroki View Post
    I have this problem, and i can't believe Bioware didn't correct a bug that BLOCKS access to former-subscribers after more than a Month !
    I deleted 5 level 50 and have 0 character on the whole account because i wanted to create a character to play with my friends and the game asks for 1 more delete. This is just truely outrageous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    The character limit does really suck for returning players.
    wait... what?.... /facepalm....

    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    If they gave me the option of locking out all but 1 or 2 then I wouldn't be so pissed because I'd lock out all but 1 and make a new character but it sucks how there is no way for a returning player to make a new character without deleing a Sh*tload of already made characters.

    I want to try a new story but I either have to delete 16 characters or sub, no other options.
    What a terrible option.. you already have 16 characters (obviously all the same class as you "want to experience a new story") which you can fully access btw. but instead of understanding that it's your problem that you and your brother created tons of characters, it's much easier to complain about additional stuff you should have for 0 bucks of course.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryyain View Post
    This limitation stopped me from playing at all.
    I frankly don't understand people having 6+ characters and none of them is interesting enough to play and check out the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    I completely understand. They lose nothing by not doing what they did, all it does is torture people into deleting their hard work to try something else or sub. It's an unfair corner they back people into.

    If a sub meant you got to play any class instead of just 2 they decide it would be slightly different (it would still suck) but right now all classes are free.

    It's an arbitrary limitation that you get to choose really.

    I understand how it is a F2P limitation but it really seems like an unneeded and unfair one. I'm sure many people disagree with my opinion though.
    It's frankly not unfair that you have 16 characters to play with but you can't pick one. Since F2P hit I received for the first/ second time spammails from Goldsellers.. not to hink if they could create several characters on every server. But why should anyone expect to understand that there is more to it than just the this torturing limitations Bioware is putting their non-paying customers through.

  12. #32
    Psychlon, you don't seem to understand my situation, i deleted all my character to make room for new ones and play with friends from the get go.

    The game still wants me to delete 1 more character in order to create one because "i reach the character limit". Unless the limit is 0, it's a bug and has been like that since the F2P transition.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodroki View Post
    Psychlon, you don't seem to understand my situation, i deleted all my character to make room for new ones and play with friends from the get go.

    The game still wants me to delete 1 more character in order to create one because "i reach the character limit". Unless the limit is 0, it's a bug and has been like that since the F2P transition.
    Psyclon sees things one way and locks out all proof and opinions otherwise.

    It's why hes on my ignore list, because all his counter attacks are nothing and basically just saying how you feel and your opinion is irrelevant.

    Even in clear cut cases he refuses to see things other then "Swtor= best anyone could ever get, never complain because you are wrong"

    It's like Bioware hired him to be thier little Knight fighting for the big company while shitting on any actual person who may want even just a little bit more quality or quantity.

    Keep fighting Little Knight, you make a lot of friends fighting for a faceless corporation over actual people who wish for better/more.

    I wonder if he was addicted to McDonalds if someone gave me a burger with no meat in it if he would say things like "Well you should be happy they give you the bun and condiments" or just yell at me that it was optional to go to that McDonalds in the first place.
    Last edited by Argroth; 2012-12-19 at 09:46 PM.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodroki View Post
    Psychlon, you don't seem to understand my situation, i deleted all my character to make room for new ones and play with friends from the get go.

    The game still wants me to delete 1 more character in order to create one because "i reach the character limit". Unless the limit is 0, it's a bug and has been like that since the F2P transition.
    Did you see that bold part in yours and Argroths quotes? Doesn't it seem odd that he is talking about Character creation limit while you have an issue with a bug?.. (aka he didn't get your post)
    Last edited by Psychlon; 2012-12-20 at 04:05 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •