Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saitan View Post
    Only problem with that is that the subsciber base of swtor ain't the brightest brains in ht e galaxy so they put the stuff on auction for 300 000 or more credits and F2P can only have 100 000 credits I think it was so if you wanna buy it for credits you have to sub to increase your credit cap.
    CORRECT!
    I just looked on the GTN, they do sell unlocks for items such as cargo bay, access to section X, etc. Most of them are priced from 500,000 to 10,000,000. ROFL. I did luck out and bought access to section X for 96k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    You could bypass the 2 character slot thing if you subscriped and created the characters before f2p. I got 3/2 character slots used.
    Until 20/12/12. Then the grace period ends, and you have to pick which 2 toons you want to play

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 05:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    I don't even get your argument at this point, is it WoW trial is better then SWTOR free-to-play? If so how can we even debate that, personally if i had to chose between them i'd chose TOR.
    The argument wasn't WoW's free trial was better than TOR's F2P....it was that is less restrictive. ie you're not stopped from playing, as much as you like, for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    He who lacks careful thought and strategy and underestimates the enemy will surely be captured by the opponent.

Sun Tzu, The art of war.
    If you had an ant in front of you, would you flee from it, or step on it?

- Ariakul , the art of F2P

Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    The argument wasn't WoW's free trial was better than TOR's F2P....it was that is less restrictive. ie you're not stopped from playing, as much as you like, for free.
    But it's far more restrictive in that you get access to almost no content in the game, whereas in SWTOR you have access (albeit limited) to everything in the game outside of Section X and raids.

Until BioWare delivers a game that motivates people to want to spend $15 bucks a month the current F2P model will be as big of a fail as the sub model. I can not understand why BioWare and EA did not play closer attention to DDO or LotR as a baseline. There really isn't anything NEW that's going to bring people to the game who've not purchased it. So you've got to find a way to bring MILLIONS who purchased the game back.

If BioWare/EA had given a nice incentive for older players to come back and something epic to come back to, then MILLIONS of players would be in the game right now.

As the old saying goes, "if you spray perfume no shit, you've still got shit"

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimrot View Post
    Until BioWare delivers a game that motivates people to want to spend $15 bucks a month the current F2P model will be as big of a fail as the sub model. I can not understand why BioWare and EA did not play closer attention to DDO or LotR as a baseline. There really isn't anything NEW that's going to bring people to the game who've not purchased it. So you've got to find a way to bring MILLIONS who purchased the game back.

If BioWare/EA had given a nice incentive for older players to come back and something epic to come back to, then MILLIONS of players would be in the game right now.

As the old saying goes, "if you spray perfume no shit, you've still got shit"
    For me all they need to do is give me back my UI bars and costume options (head slot hide, title, legacy name and color unify) I would be fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    But it's far more restrictive in that you get access to almost no content in the game, whereas in SWTOR you have access (albeit limited) to everything in the game outside of Section X and raids.

And you're limited by:

1. Number of character
    2. Number of action bars ... seriously??
    3. Amount of content you can do (WZ/FP)
    4. Hide your helm....again, seriously??
    5. Amount of GY respawns....WTF is this??

While a free trial of WoW is just that, a free trial, it allows you to play constantly all week long, doing what you want, for free. TOR, a F2P game, cuts you off after 6 (?) warzones for example. And I can tell you, after joining 3 in a row, with under 3 minutes left of each game, it is BLOODY annoying. It doesn't make you want to sub it makes you want to punch someone

10+ Year Old Account
    But i am restricted in the amount of content i gain access to. Only to level 20 is a restriction 4 out of all the dungeons you have in wow is a restriction 2 out of ... you get the point.

Also while queuing for fp's i noticed it says 3 loot roll's remaining, dunno what they mean by that, but if it means you can only roll on items 3 times that is no way the same as you can do 3 fp's a week.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Deleted
    Also while queuing for fp's i noticed it says 3 loot roll's remaining, dunno what they mean by that, but if it means you can only roll on items 3 times that is no way the same as you can do 3 fp's a week.

If it's you can only roll on loot 3 times, that's silly. Surely that could potentially mean 1 FP? (3+ boss's, get lucky dropping a bit of loot you want from each)

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's you can only roll on loot 3 times, that's silly. Surely that could potentially mean 1 FP? (3+ boss's, get lucky dropping a bit of loot you want from each)
    That's what is says on the LFG tool. Still don't see a major issue with that.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

And you're limited by:

1. Number of character
    2. Number of action bars ... seriously??
    3. Amount of content you can do (WZ/FP)
    4. Hide your helm....again, seriously??
    5. Amount of GY respawns....WTF is this??

While a free trial of WoW is just that, a free trial, it allows you to play constantly all week long, doing what you want, for free. TOR, a F2P game, cuts you off after 6 (?) warzones for example. And I can tell you, after joining 3 in a row, with under 3 minutes left of each game, it is BLOODY annoying. It doesn't make you want to sub it makes you want to punch someone
    1. Standard in most freemium games. I actually can't think of one that doesn't have limited character slots. The strange bit is you can't purchase more in SWTOR though.
    2. Totally agree.
    3. But it doesn't limit the amount of content you have access to. You can experience the full 1-50 leveling experience as well as all the dungeons and BG's while leveling up.
    4. Totally agree again. Don't like it.
    5. No, it limits how many times you can res at the exact spot where you died. You can still res at the med center whenever you want.

It's not like you're locked out of playing as much as you want in SWTOR. You can still totally do as many dailies and quests as you want, you're just locked out of unlimited dungeon/BG runs. There is more to a game than just dungeons and BG's.

WoW cuts you off at level 20. So you miss out on 90% of the game, whereas with SWTOR you get to experience about 90% of the game (albeit with restrictions, especially super annoying ones like the action bars).

I agree with your reaction to the restrictions though, they're annoying as all hell. BW seems to want to make the free experience negative in order to make us subscribe, rather than provide an enjoyable experience with added incentives for subscribing. But that's not to say I want to subscribe any more in WoW, especially given that if I'm a new player I'm dropping a huge chunk of change to buy everything up to the current expansion, and have no clue how the game will play. The level 20 experience is dramatically different than the max level experience and there really aren't many parallels between the two you can draw.

That's what is says on the LFG tool. Still don't see a major issue with that.
    It's kinda another giant middle finger to free players. "Here, we not only limit access to dungeons, but you also need to make sure you only roll on items you really really really really need and are basically sure you can win, otherwise you don't get any of the great gear (you know, one of the main reasons to go to dungeons) that they reward."

I can't think of a single F2P/freemium game that limits loot rolls, or even the number of times you can run a dungeon for that matter.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-11-19 at 07:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    It's kinda another giant middle finger to free players. "Here, we not only limit access to dungeons, but you also need to make sure you only roll on items you really really really really need and are basically sure you can win, otherwise you don't get any of the great gear (you know, one of the main reasons to go to dungeons) that they reward."

I can't think of a single F2P/freemium game that limits loot rolls, or even the number of times you can run a dungeon for that matter.
    But is it both or just 1 of them. If it's a combination of both then that sux balls, but if its just the loot rolls or just the number of dungeons then it's not so bad. Like i said there wasn't anything on that LFG UI to tell me i had limited amount of runs to do per week, only rolls.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Well, Bioware might have butchered this game as well as the F2P, but at least people are talking about SWTOR again. lol.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But is it both or just 1 of them. If it's a combination of both then that sux balls, but if its just the loot rolls or just the number of dungeons then it's not so bad. Like i said there wasn't anything on that LFG UI to tell me i had limited amount of runs to do per week, only rolls.
    It is most certainly both. Not to mention that you can't even equip artifact (purple gear) without paying for it...so at some point you get practically nothing out of the system.

Also, just like Warzones, if you join and the FP is almost over...tough cookies. If you kill one boss and it's done, that counts for 1 of your allowed FPs for the week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    You could bypass the 2 character slot thing if you subscriped and created the characters before f2p. I got 3/2 character slots used.
    that will be ending soon, they did that as a grace period for people who can't decide what toons they want to keep.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Well, Bioware might have butchered this game as well as the F2P, but at least people are talking about SWTOR again. lol.
    This, I really enjoyed SWTOR but I don't have the time to play so spending 15euro every month was a little to much and I cancelled my subscription last april. I was really seeing forward playing F2P and I was going to buy some coins now and then for cool ingame pets/item or gear but paying for extra skillbars and paying almost 6 euro to hide your headslot? Wtf Bioware...

Where can I get a list of the restrictions for F2P?

From what little i've heard they sound like utter fucking bullshit.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post

You can lift most them by being a preferred status player or you could just buy the unlocks on the AH with in game currency.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

http://www.swtor.com/free

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    You can lift most them by being a preferred status player or you could just buy the unlocks on the AH with in game currency.
    Do they even sell for under 200k? Or 350k? The SS's I've seen generally place them out of reach for free (and I think premium) players.