Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    What's your WPM like clicking?
    That's a good idea. Here's a WPM test I found on google:

http://www.typeonline.co.uk/typingspeed.php

Everyone try once using a keyboard and once clicking with the mouse!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kukui View Post
    I would like to clear something up...while i clicked spells on my bars for many years, i did buy a razer naga at the end of WotLK, and my performance did go up, however to this day if i try to use keybinds on my keyboard i often and using the wrong spell as i misplace my hand and lose what buttons on pushing.
    I use a naga too and just like the naga, you have to get used to it. Your fingers just know where they are. After a while it becomes 2nd nature to the point where you'll be in a completely different game and hit your wow binds (I do it all the time).
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    "Need keybinds to perform well"

It's not about needing keybinds. I'm pretty fucking good with a mouse myself. Masters League SC2 player, top notch FPS and
    Moba player and also Gladiator on 2 classes.
    And those 2 sub-classes are, again?
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

I don't understand all the clickers saying that it is easier/faster to click than using keybinds. First of all, you use more than one finger at a time, where you only have one mouse cursor. So, even assuming that you move your mouse as fast as I can reach my keybind, I'll still beat you because I can use at THE VERY LEAST 3 fingers to reach all of them, so my finger is already on top of my next ability.

Also, I've seen someone talking about using CTRL+SHIFT+7, or 1 to 0.. No good keybinders will use those keybinds.

Assuming someone move with WASD, here are some easily reachable keybinds even for small hands (extend that a bit if you have big hands). You have : 1, 2, 3, 4, Q, E, R, T, F, Z, X, C, #(left of the 1 key), Caps Lock, F1, F2, F3, F4, Mouse Wheel Up, Mouse Wheel Down. That's 40 keybinds. I use the Middle Button Click to act like Shift, so I can make Shift+Any Key without "dancing" on my keyboard. That's 40 binds one can use, and to use as fast as typing (presuming you have more than one finger, this will be faster than clicking). I'm not even counting 5, G, V, because that would be 6 more.

Now, can someone explain to me how is clicking faster than keybinding ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless your in the top 5% (pve or pvp) of the WoW community the difference in your performance whether your clicking all, clicking some binding some or binding all of your abilities, is almost negligible. I'm somewhere in the middle personally, there's no way on earth I could bind my entire action bar, especially on my hunter, but each to his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

35wpm with 2 mistakes using keyboard. 41wpm with 1 mistake using mouse with onscreen keyboard.

im sorry ladderplay is relevant is what aspect when talking about high levels of skill? did i miss something?
    ladderplay is more about finding flaws in the system than about any kind of comp, any kind of gear, any kind of tactic or metagame or even skill.
    you may be the 1% if you play above 2.2k in the ladder yes. is this relevant to the discussion? no. why? see the previous sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    I use a naga too and just like the naga, you have to get used to it. Your fingers just know where they are. After a while it becomes 2nd nature to the point where you'll be in a completely different game and hit your wow binds (I do it all the time).
    ya, after using the naga for a few weeks i tried playing without it (was at a friends house on his PC) and i couldn't do it...i was lost lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damaros View Post
    I don't understand all the clickers saying that it is easier/faster to click than using keybinds. First of all, you use more than one finger at a time, where you only have one mouse cursor. So, even assuming that you move your mouse as fast as I can reach my keybind, I'll still beat you because I can use at THE VERY LEAST 3 fingers to reach all of them, so my finger is already on top of my next ability.
    Let's put it this way. Remember ToC and the Faction Champs? I did over 400 dispels in that fight...one click at a time.

How and why I'm a very fast clicker?

AV in WotLK. As other healers wouldn't/couldn't dispel what Cleanse could.

So with 40 players I trained myself to dispel everything I could ASAP. So today in this snorefest we call post 4.0.1 healing, it takes nothing for me to click heals for 3/5/10/25 players.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Safetyoff View Post
    Unless your in the top 5% (pve or pvp) of the WoW community the difference in your performance whether your clicking all, clicking some binding some or binding all of your abilities, is almost negligible. I'm somewhere in the middle personally, there's no way on earth I could bind my entire action bar, especially on my hunter, but each to his own.
    I think that those who are not super hardcore best players would not even have enough keys to bind(since they don't use super macros for everything), so there shouldn't be problem binding everything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

29 WPM using the on-screen keyboard and clicking every key. 103 WPM typing with the keyboard.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 07:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    So today in this snorefest we call post 4.0.1 healing
    I'm sure you wouldn't find it to be a snorefest if you tried some of the hard PvP or PvE content. ^^"
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kukui View Post
    ya, after using the naga for a few weeks i tried playing without it (was at a friends house on his PC) and i couldn't do it...i was lost lol
    Yeah I actually sort of regret it for 2 reasons. I can't go back to using a regular mouse and the damn things all have the same problem. The plastic tabs that press the clickers down wear down and you'll start to double and triple click when you press it once. SO annoying and so many people have the same issue. But I do love all the binds I have.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    I'm sure you wouldn't find it to be a snorefest if you tried some of the hard PvP or PvE content. ^^"
    Like anything in WoW is hard. ^.^

Let's put it this way. Remember ToC and the Faction Champs? I did over 400 dispels in that fight...one click at a time.

How and why I'm a very fast clicker?

AV in WotLK. As other healers wouldn't/couldn't dispel what Cleanse could.

So with 40 players I trained myself to dispel everything I could ASAP. So today in this snorefest we call post 4.0.1 healing, it takes nothing for me to click heals for 3/5/10/25 players.
    Well, for raid healing, you do have to click the unit frames, it's impossible to have 10/25 keys to target characters. I just hope that you either use Healbot/any raid frames with Clique OR use mouseover macros for your healing. And not "click a frame, click the spell, click another frame, click another spell, etc".

I was talking more in a DPS/PvP kind of way, since to maximize DPS, you need to maxime the GCDs you output in a fight, which makes keybinding essential for anyone wanting to do the most DPS they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    I think that those who are not super hardcore best players would not even have enough keys to bind(since they don't use super macros for everything), so there shouldn't be problem binding everything
    Macros are limited to 255 characters. And there's only so many quick access keys (and don't bring in G15 keyboards into this, as that's paying for performance).

Macros are limited to 255 characters. And there's only so many quick access keys (and don't bring in G15 keyboards into this, as that's paying for performance).
    I think you should go back and read my previous post correctly. I gave you 40 quick access keys, 46 if you have any kind of big hands. I don't know what you are playing if you need to have over 40+ keybinds.

Majority of macros will never go up 255 chars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damaros View Post
    I was talking more in a DPS/PvP kind of way, since to maximize DPS, you need to maxime the GCDs you output in a fight, which makes keybinding essential for anyone wanting to do the most DPS they can.
    I've been talking about healing from the first post!

10+ Year Old Account
    Like anything in WoW is hard. ^.^
    Becoming the world champions in 3v3 arena is hard, that's why most people that try don't even have a chance of getting there. However, I do get what you mean. There is a difficulty though between a snorefest and progress raiding on Sha of Fear/Heroic Elite Protectors of the Endless. If it was a snorefest then everyone would have done it.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

As I read another poster only toon that is keybound is my healer. All my toons have their silence key bound though....
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...