Quote Originally Posted by ilovllamas12 View Post
    Hey a few questions for everybody and I read through entire thread and couldn't find a 100% clear answer for them

1) Is affliction or demo better for single target dps?
    2) I think it is accepted that, for affliction, supremecy is better than sacrafice for any lock not at a super high ilvl. Does anyone know approx where this break point is?
    3) I saw more locks using fel imp in affliction than observer in straight forward fights and that thread conflict was never really resolved as to which is better in an actual raid... was wondering if anyone proved imp > observer or vice versa

Thanks locks,

fellow lock brother
    1) They should be close, everything else at this point is speculation. May vary depending on stuff.
    2) There isn't a consensus on that as far as I know... so let's not even talk about a clear breakpoint.
    3) Imp doesn't require much control and its dps is really close to others so that may be why they use it.

Really until we get a lot more raid data you wont get a clear answer to these questions now. Between aff and demo, just play the one you play best, and between GoSac and GoSup just ask yourself if you're okay with microing your pet.
    Last edited by rezoacken; 2013-03-06 at 07:25 AM.
    5.1 16/16 HC 5.2 12/12

Affliction and Demo are close, though affliction has a solid advantage most of the earlier fights. You should be using supremacy on any fight with constant multidotting and Imp is nice because imps can target swap easier than the observer since it's a ranged pet.

Deleted
    In raid, rep farming, I'm getting 2 when it dies now. KB doesn't seem necessary.
    What ? That should be funny the time it will last
    Very happy they are doing something

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    What ? That should be funny the time it will last
    Very happy they are doing something
    It's superbly amazing. You can actually (kinda) rotate your sburns through low health mobs and let your group kill them, and get more sburns off and still end up with 4. It's great.

Also, on Margera, you can RoF the 2 heads that are alive regardless of positions without using MF.

I was destro for a few fights and in general I was doing amazing damage compared to everyone else.

Deleted
    I'm skimming through the US logs and I see some nice things from Destro yeah
    Seeing this log I might go Destro for Council of Elders afterall http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1g...?s=4734&e=5266

Not actually needing the KB for the extra ember sounds too good to last.

when was the kb ever needed? thought the mob just had to die within 4 secs of hitting it with shadowburn?

I did some tests yesterday with destro and I got good results! The storm here and energy peaks not allowed a raid test.

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    when was the kb ever needed? thought the mob just had to die within 4 secs of hitting it with shadowburn?
    The way it worked in 5.0 and 5.1 was that you got the ember cost refunded if the target died with the debuff on (so within 5 seconds). However you got an extra ember if you got the actual killing blow with Shadowburn. It was a bug, but the team decided that it didn't make much of a difference so they decided to just make it a feature. Whether it's intentional that we get two embers from the debuff now, or it's supposed to only award the extra ember on killing blows remains to be seen.

Also, on Margera, you can RoF the 2 heads that are alive regardless of positions without using MF.

I was destro for a few fights and in general I was doing amazing damage compared to everyone else.
    Do you mean that a non-MF RoF hits both heads regardless of their position? Since from what I have seen, they can be pretty far apart, and I am curious as to how that would work out.

And was there any fight you did not go with GoSup?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    It's superbly amazing. You can actually (kinda) rotate your sburns through low health mobs and let your group kill them, and get more sburns off and still end up with 4. It's great.
    gaining 2 embers regardless of KB is going to be an amazing damage buff for us. I was usually running pretty high on embers on fights like will, so with it being even easier i'll be chaos bolting like crazy now

amusingly, all the practice at sniping low hp mobs for killing blows has made me really good at killing off low health players in pvp XD

Deleted
    Hm still not sure what to specc Affli/destro like im skilled now I guess with a bit more focus in destro now (especially after getting green fire ^^)

And is observer still best pet with GoSup?

anyone has simulated which pet to use as affl and Gosup (with and without Glyph of Demon Training)

The Fel Imp looks really viable: it is range, has a small heal, and gets a DPS buff with Glyph of Demon Training.

But can eat beat Observer / Shivara on pure DPS numbers with full raid buffs?

on dummys it looks like fel imp, in raid its the observer assuming full raid buffs and debuffs

yea i saw that a few pages back.

My question is, were those numbers taking account the Demon Training Glyph?

Quote Originally Posted by miasmah View Post
    yea i saw that a few pages back.

My question is, were those numbers taking account the Demon Training Glyph?
    Demon training glyph does not result in a dps increase in any way. This has been asked dozens and dozens of times before.

Deleted
    Indeed, with around ~8.6k haste with the fel imp on the dummy, self buffed WITH the glyph of demon training, it pools energy until it can cast 3 firebolts in a row. Until it has enough to energy to cast 3 however, it just stands there not doing anything.

Without the glyph, it constantly casts the bolts as it always enough energy to cast 1.

So glyph is slightly more bursty, whereas without glyph it's more constant. Doesnt seem like a DPS increase either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercroft View Post
    gaining 2 embers regardless of KB is going to be an amazing damage buff for us. I was usually running pretty high on embers on fights like will, so with it being even easier i'll be chaos bolting like crazy now

amusingly, all the practice at sniping low hp mobs for killing blows has made me really good at killing off low health players in pvp XD
    It. Is.

On Horridan attempts tonight I was literally swimming in Embers. I could not physically spend them faster than I was gaining them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    It. Is.

On Horridan attempts tonight I was literally swimming in Embers. I could not physically spend them faster than I was gaining them.
    that statement fills my evil little heart with glee

As for pets, i'll likely be using eyeball or imp in raids when i'm destro. Though i'm drawn to trying out the shivvy too. She might be quite an asset to the team :P

Any PvP Destro Lock here already did some tests? Was going to try some BGs last night, did it for like 5 min then power went off in my block so I gave up and went to bed.
    Going with GoSac is too much of a loss now?

And in those 5 min I played, I did noticed something that really worried me. My chaos bolt was hitting way less than it did before patch. i mean the initial hit, not the dot that its the only part of CB that the GoSac nerf should had affected.

On an upside, I noticed I was getting embers faster than the usual. But then again, that was all a real quick test, gonna wait for some destro locks that had tested for more time. And I´m mean PVP wise. Cause that CB thing I noticed, if true, its probably just against players.

EDIT: Sorry I didnt see the new topic bout season 13 pvp, gonna post this there.
    Last edited by Dumaw; 2013-03-06 at 01:26 PM.