Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Yes I do. Personally, I hate FDCL with a passion. MS procs are not fun nor enjoyable for me, I do really like the new SW;I tho. But you cant look at this from a players perspective, you have to look from theirs from both a PvE and PvP view. With this new talent system, they want to have all talents viable or at least viable in different situations.

Mf is very weak this expansion. Honestly, I think they've made such a strong pvp spec/rotation that it's very hard for them to "fix" weak dps in a PvE situation. Which is why I think adding some extra component to secondary stats might help it. Since pvp gear tends to lack secondary stats and in most cases we get trained so much in pvp players just stack resil.
    Agreed (With both paragraphs)
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadow Priests can no longer enter rated arenas, furthermore shadowform now provides a 40% damage increase, up from 20.
    Pve fixed, pvp comunity can quit complaining about shadow being OP.

win/win?

^ +1 poster

You win Syenite

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syenite View Post
    Shadow Priests can no longer enter rated arenas, furthermore shadowform now provides a 40% damage increase, up from 20.
    Pve fixed, pvp comunity can quit complaining about shadow being OP.

win/win?
    My PvP half is crying, but then the unholy dk buffs do make my alt look pretty appealing anyways this season....
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crudelitas View Post
    it wasn't a solution in the beginning as well. buffing MF would devaluate FDCL, dropping it to the last spot in the priority list, and there would be no reason to pick it at all. it is well known that it's not the way to fix shadow dps since like ages ago. seriously.
    Imho, almost every time they buff a spell they devaluate another spell or talent. So if they're limited by pvp opness and the will to not devaluate other spells or talents, they have not much left to play with to fix the problem. And I think the most of us agree that if there is a MoP talent that if we could remove from the game that would be FDCL. And with the new solace talent, I wonder if there will be an encounter in ToT where we will actually take FDCL before the new solace talent.

After some of you you have recovered from the facepalm, try to keep calm and think about it. A MF buff almost wouldn't affect pvpand improves our single target DPS. Yes, of course this standalone change wouldn't fix it all, but some of our problems, and we already have that SF +5% (10 would be better.... And 20 even better!!). As I said, the main trouble now is MFI.

Mf is very weak this expansion. Honestly, I think they've made such a strong pvp spec/rotation that it's very hard for them to "fix" weak dps in a PvE situation. Which is why I think adding some extra component to secondary stats might help it. Since pvp gear tends to lack secondary stats and in most cases we get trained so much in pvp players just stack resil.
    I agree and like this solution.

Do you actually think it's more important to keep every single talent viable (they aren't atm, some talents, for all classes, are designed almost purely for pvp) than to get our class properly balanced? I couldn't care less if I couldn't use anything but insanity if that meant me doing competitive dps (and there's nothing stopping them from simply nerfing insanity after buffing mind flay, would still be a net buff for mb compared to flcd, but flcd would still have its place for fights with heavy movement).
    And I agree with this too
    Last edited by mmocc46c8e1895; 2013-02-23 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Yes I do. Personally, I hate FDCL with a passion. MS procs are not fun nor enjoyable for me, I do really like the new SW;I tho. But you cant look at this from a players perspective, you have to look from theirs from both a PvE and PvP view. With this new talent system, they want to have all talents viable or at least viable in different situations..

last time i had confronted this with you went very wrong; so i'll go again at u but more politly (as i finally totally give with spriest for the upcoming patch).

Ok so you don't want your filler to be stronger to the point it devalues lvl 60 talents; and ok i understand. You rightfully want to preserve the build diversity in every scenario, in pvp and pve; wich again i say its the right way to do the job but...

...FDCL is probably the most mandatory talent ever with the departure of phantasm (horribly overpowered glad its gone). Theres no choice for a PVPer worth of something in that line. A rng but violent burst proc(wich scales lovley in 3v3+ arenas and the stat build u do use ) against an useless small burst cd wich will be controlled to its death and a completly garbage talent.

So a buffed flay with MF:I what it really brings to a pvper spriest? nothing but something worth of casting on RBGs. Arenas for flays are off limits. Melee train + 5.2 dispersion + emphasis on our n1 source of weakness just don't compute well all together. At least for RBG now u have 2 valid choices. Focus power or random burst+added pressure? Thats a choice we currently don't have;and you guys won't have anyway in 5.2 with this MF.

In PVE i don't see it changing much: u need to move and/or u got many stuff to dot. Wheres the choice in here? I see none. Its FDCL give or take.
    Sure in single target u devalue the bender, but u can still buff it with, dunno, some kind of added melee swings procced by mastery. Dunno. Flat damage increase. Something. And even with a crappy bender, u at least have the freedom to have 2 strong choices in 2 different setting instead of a strong one opposed to a mmhh so-so small CD.

Btw, imho its not hard to balance the spriest: shift the damage from rng nukes to dots. Since we lost our niche role consisted in "worst nightmare for frost mages + even a bit too much competent off healer", beeing a pressure powerhouse is something rather unique in MoP, with the Afflocks gone forever from pvp scene and Moonkins just totally not fit for pvp.
    With the obvious result that pve scaling could be finally fixed.

Forgot to say: Some guys showed already that to achieve a higher DPET from flays as opposed to Spikes u really need a brutal buff to the spell. Of course this is not needed because of the new MF:I , as it would become its "balancing factor".
    Last edited by Purpleisbetter; 2013-02-23 at 05:44 AM.

Hey guys, can we please not use the Blizz quotes for fake quotes? Those are both pretty obvious, but still someone will believe them and then for the next 3 months we'll have people posting "but didn't they make shadow priests not able to do pvp???" and I might turn into a supernova and explode the galaxy if that happens

Can you turn into a supernova and explode the galaxy anyway? And can you have "Cookie" attached to your back?

Id pay to see both.
    I'd pay to have users that know this kind of posting is unnecessary. Infracted -- Kel
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2013-02-23 at 07:28 AM.

The only way I'd think you could buff mindflay, and not have it majorly impact FDCL, is if perhaps mindlflay ticks shot off your FDCL charges.

that would be epic as fuck hhaha

10+ Year Old Account
    buffing MF would devaluate FDCL, dropping it to the last spot in the priority list, and there would be no reason to pick it at all.
    Then by all means: Buff the hell out of Mind Flay so I never even have to think about that "moronic, infinitely stupid mage like whack a mole spec"™ ever again.

and I might turn into a supernova and explode the galaxy if that happens
    Novae don't have enough "BOOM-factor" to explode the Galaxy, sorry to disappoint.
    But I'll try to restrain myself to not using fake Blizzquotes.... for now. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    last time i had confronted this with you went very wrong; so i'll go again at u but more politly (as i finally totally give with spriest for the upcoming patch).

Ok so you don't want your filler to be stronger to the point it devalues lvl 60 talents; and ok i understand. You rightfully want to preserve the build diversity in every scenario, in pvp and pve; wich again i say its the right way to do the job but...

...FDCL is probably the most mandatory talent ever with the departure of phantasm (horribly overpowered glad its gone). Theres no choice for a PVPer worth of something in that line. A rng but violent burst proc(wich scales lovley in 3v3+ arenas and the stat build u do use ) against an useless small burst cd wich will be controlled to its death and a completly garbage talent.

So a buffed flay with MF:I what it really brings to a pvper spriest? nothing but something worth of casting on RBGs. Arenas for flays are off limits. Melee train + 5.2 dispersion + emphasis on our n1 source of weakness just don't compute well all together. At least for RBG now u have 2 valid choices. Focus power or random burst+added pressure? Thats a choice we currently don't have;and you guys won't have anyway in 5.2 with this MF.

In PVE i don't see it changing much: u need to move and/or u got many stuff to dot. Wheres the choice in here? I see none. Its FDCL give or take.
    Sure in single target u devalue the bender, but u can still buff it with, dunno, some kind of added melee swings procced by mastery. Dunno. Flat damage increase. Something. And even with a crappy bender, u at least have the freedom to have 2 strong choices in 2 different setting instead of a strong one opposed to a mmhh so-so small CD.

Btw, imho its not hard to balance the spriest: shift the damage from rng nukes to dots. Since we lost our niche role consisted in "worst nightmare for frost mages + even a bit too much competent off healer", beeing a pressure powerhouse is something rather unique in MoP, with the Afflocks gone forever from pvp scene and Moonkins just totally not fit for pvp.
    With the obvious result that pve scaling could be finally fixed.

Forgot to say: Some guys showed already that to achieve a higher DPET from flays as opposed to Spikes u really need a brutal buff to the spell. Of course this is not needed because of the new MF:I , as it would become its "balancing factor".
    Meh, I don't pvp so I really can't speculate muh of it. Personally I hate wow pvp an really wish they would just take it out of the game or at least seperate it.

As for buffing mf, if they were to remove FDCL, I would be fine with mf:I becoming the new go to thing. I really enjoy the new revamped form of it and I personally find it enjoyable.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Then by all means: Buff the hell out of Mind Flay so I never even have to think about that "moronic, infinitely stupid mage like whack a mole spec"™ ever again.
    but the thing is the direction they want to take is not that you know. eventhough it's utter stupidity, they want all the talents to be viable. that's why they "fixed" insanity. i don't like the talent myself, but if it's an obvious gain on my part, i have to take it no matter what.

we can't get them to accept they made a huge mistake designing the spec, you think they'll ever devaluate the talents that they're so proud of and spent so much time developing?

/sarcasm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crudelitas View Post
    but the thing is the direction they want to take is not that you know. eventhough it's utter stupidity, they want all the talents to be viable. that's why they "fixed" insanity. i don't like the talent myself, but if it's an obvious gain on my part, i have to take it no matter what.

we can't get them to accept they made a huge mistake designing the spec, you think they'll ever devaluate the talents that they're so proud of and spent so much time developing?

/sarcasm
    Pretty much every class has specific talents that practically only are viable in pvp/specific situations. Buffing mind flay while nerfing insanity a little would give mindbender and insanity a similar dps gain. Flcd would turn into a niche talent for pvp or very heavy movement. All talents are still usable in some situation.

I would like if they got rid 2x Shadow Word: Death. If I was to switch it, I would turn it into a mini DP with a 10-12sec CD. Switch DP to the damage spread over the dot. Get rid of FDCL, switch the talent to make it so you can use SWD above 20% but it doesn't give a shadow orb above 20%.

Deleted
    DPS Tuning

We overshot the mark on DKs and hunters a little, and we think warriors need that Execute nerf after all. All of this may change tomorrow as we look at different situations, so don't overly freak out about anything.
    Nothing about spriest...

that shouldn't surprise you, you know, our dps is "fine" and they like where shadow is.

does any one else feel like they are much more concerned with keeping specs of the same class similar in damage rather than balancing classes all around? I mean the only specs that have received notable dpa buffs have been arms warriors unholy dks marks hunters, the specs that are second to others right now. Maybe they'll nerf shadow Down to holy dps levels for "balance"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    does any one else feel like they are much more concerned with keeping specs of the same class similar in damage rather than balancing classes all around? I mean the only specs that have received notable dpa buffs have been arms warriors unholy dks marks hunters, the specs that are second to others right now. Maybe they'll buff shadow up to holy dps levels for "balance"
    Fixed it for you. The difference between holy and shadow on a single target fight is smaller than the gap between shadow and affliction.

FDCL procs tied to mind flay that works like a wannabe RNG pandemic? :X (+ its current effect) ?

WIN WIN!