Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Right? I didn't read anything about the other biker group but I swear I read Hells Angels, I'm gonna see if I can find it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 01:01 AM ----------

Samuel-wards.com/2012/12/bikers-block-westboro-baptist-church/

I have no idea if this reliable, seeing as it was quoted from an anonymous source, but here it is. It also mentions the KKK, so again, I doubt its authenticity, but I'm curious if they actually did show up.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know if it weren't for that title that would be a completely accurate report. Fred Phelps IS a registered Democrat...but just because he's a Democrat doesn't make his entire (horrid) organization affiliated with that side of the political divide. I personally don't see them as right or left, they tend to just kind of hate on anything they can get their hands on.

The pastor at my church is Democratic yet we have Republicans, Democrats, and Moderates all within that same organization. People need to stop trying to label this as a party-affiliated organization.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Yeah, bet they love democrats/liberals when they hold a sign like this up. lol
    Last edited by rootfifth; 2012-12-25 at 07:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
    Misleading at best, Democrats were the conservative right party in the mid 1800's. Both parties over time have moved back and forth across the spectrum.
    You mean conservative in their position to prevent blacks and poor whites from voting for the Republicans? Or you mean conservative in threatening death and violence against persons that didn't vote for for the Democrats? Truth is, one could make a case that the Democrats are in fact trying to KEEP the blacks and other minorities financially enslaved to the government, by making it easier to NOT work, NOT produce in the economy and just keep them poor, uneducated and dependent, How best to keep a voting bloc in your voting column? Easy, make them dependent on you for their survival.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 03:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    You're missing the point. You can label yourself as whatever you want, it doesn't make it so. You can twist your words to suit a particular party, it doesn't make you one. The only thing other people use that knowledge for is to pour bullshit on the opposite party, by claiming these crazies are part of them.
    I missed no point, I know exactly what I'm saying... I know Fox twists the words... Every Media outlet twists the words... MY problem is the unabashed Fox hating MMO-C members think that FOX is the ONLY one twisting the words. And if no one calls them out on it they'll continue to think that.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 03:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    Seran, do you realize you're just confirming whatever misgivings people have about Fox News (and their viewers) if you really think tarring the current Democratic Party with the KKK brush is a hot sell, or that Fred Phelps is totes left wing since he happened to run as a Democrat?

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 02:25 AM ----------

Considering the famous polling results which show Fox News viewers are in some areas more ignorant than people who watch no news at all, I'm of a mind to dispute that.
    Barael, just because you dont like the easily proven facts, doesn't mean you are entitled to make up new ones to suit your claim. Sorry. It doesn't work like that. I get that you are one of the Fox haters, that doesn't bother me, what bothers me about you and the other Fox haters is your blatant hypocrisy, I know DAMN well that if the it was MSNBC, CBS or the NY Times that offered up that story just like it is, You wouldn't have said a damn thing.... it exposes something called bias... You are willfully biased against the truth.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    You mean conservative in their position to prevent blacks and poor whites from voting for the Republicans? Or you mean conservative in threatening death and violence against persons that didn't vote for for the Democrats? Truth is, one could make a case that the Democrats are in fact trying to KEEP the blacks and other minorities financially enslaved to the government, by making it easier to NOT work, NOT produce in the economy and just keep them poor, uneducated and dependent, How best to keep a voting bloc in your voting column? Easy, make them dependent on you for their survival.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 03:09 AM ----------

I missed no point, I know exactly what I'm saying... I know Fox twists the words... Every Media outlet twists the words... MY problem is the unabashed Fox hating MMO-C members think that FOX is the ONLY one twisting the words. And if no one calls them out on it they'll continue to think that.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 03:13 AM ----------

Barael, just because you dont like the easily proven facts, doesn't mean you are entitled to make up new ones to suit your claim. Sorry. It doesn't work like that. I get that you are one of the Fox haters, that doesn't bother me, what bothers me about you and the other Fox haters is your blatant hypocrisy, I know DAMN well that if the it was MSNBC, CBS or the NY Times that offered up that story just like it is, You wouldn't have said a damn thing.... it exposes something called bias... You are willfully biased against the truth.
    The problem with this line of conservative logic is that its admits to believing that minorities are too stupid to know that they're being "enslaved". (A word that is used in a very reckless and almost gleeful manner, by conservatives.) Which isn't really happening, comes across as parroted well-wishing, and demonstrates that Conservatives constantly conflate liberal minority with being poor. Insulting the very groups that you will depend on in future elections, isn't smart. Which is a problem that conservatives have had for decades. "Foot in Mouth Syndrome".

And most people on MMO-Champ don't really think that ONLY Fox News twists words, it's the degree that they go to twist words.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2012-12-25 at 09:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I have to wonder how much of their news you actually read, though. I very seldom see actually heavily biased/falsified news from their reports. Staying away from their talk shows should be a given. I believe many people (yourself included or not, I don't know) only believe Fox is insane because their only experience with Fox is from things posted on websites like MMOC. Again, I'm not suggesting anyone look at their flash media that is only intended to entertain viewers as informative. If you see an online article about the first lady's ugly shoes, it probably was not written with reason in mind. Of course, these are the decisions you make for yourself as you compare the things on Fox sites/channels with those of other news sources.

Maybe you have given Fox a legitimately fair chance and they have failed you, I won't say that isn't possible. If that is truly the case, I commend you for giving them a legitimately fair chance as I don't believe many of their haters have.
    Ma'am, you have no chance of getting folks to give anyone outside of their echo chamber a fair hearing, its just not possible. Those willfully predisposed to hate another group, media outlet, or group that support a particular issue, are going to hate based on the identifier, doesn't matter to them anything else but their hate for that identifier. I've come to accept that about folks around us. While the forum is supposed to refrain from insults, nation bashing, etc. Folks willfully, and routinely do it, regardless of the potential consequences. Truth and civility are causalities in this war against folks that dont agree with someone else. Fox will never get fair treatment, why? those that support them will lay low so as not to get attacked, and those that hate them will wantonly and willfully attack at every chance, unchecked.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 03:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    The problem with this line of conservative logic is that its admits to believing that minorities are too stupid to know that they're being "enslaved". (A word that is used in a very reckless and almost gleeful manner, by conservatives.) Which isn't really happening, comes across as parroted well-wishing, and demonstrates that Conservatives constantly conflate liberal minority with being poor. Insulting the very groups that you will depend on in future elections, isn't smart. Which is a problem that conservatives have had for decades. "Foot in Mouth Syndrome".

And most people on MMO-Champ don't really think that ONLY Fox News twists words, it's the degree that they go to twist words.
    Sir, with respect, when you have voters that freely admit to voting for one person because he's gonna give them free stuff, pay for their gas, pay for their morgagte, etc, then one doesn't have say much more. I want an informed educated electorate, that way the US can progress forward, not stagnate. Progress requires agreement and cooperation, During the Bush years the Dems attempted to block many things, Obama years, you will claim rightfully so, that the GOP has attempted to block many things... its called grid-lock.. its bad... its time for BOTH parties to stop fucking hating each other and fucking learn to work together.

As far as MMOC people and their position on twisting words, from the observation of those afflicted with FDS (Fox derangement syndrome) you'd never be able to tell that they would agree with your statement, in fact, I dont even agree with it. Y'all paint your media outlets as credible, reasonable, and balanced, and thats bullshit.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Sir, with respect, when you have voters that freely admit to voting for one person because he's gonna give them free stuff, pay for their gas, pay for their morgagte, etc, then one doesn't have say much more. I want an informed educated electorate, that way the US can progress forward, not stagnate. Progress requires agreement and cooperation, During the Bush years the Dems attempted to block many things, Obama years, you will claim rightfully so, that the GOP has attempted to block many things... its called grid-lock.. its bad... its time for BOTH parties to stop fucking hating each other and fucking learn to work together.

As far as MMOC people and their position on twisting words, from the observation of those afflicted with FDS (Fox derangement syndrome) you'd never be able to tell that they would agree with your statement, in fact, I dont even agree with it. Y'all paint your media outlets as credible, reasonable, and balanced, and thats bullshit.
    How many voters? Give me hard numbers. One? Two? Enough to allow you to engage in comfortable ignorance towards entire groups of people. Sir, with respect, that's just flat out stupidity. On the flipside though, you also have conservatives voting against a single person because their side tells them that "He's takin' our freedom/guns/religion/America away!" and other fear-mongering nonsense. Unlike you though, I'm not limited in my mental capacity where I would label an entire group as being "like those types" because it's easy, comfortable, and is makes sense of this "big scary world".

The rest of your post had nothing to do with my original one and was just a "clever" attempt at re-directing the conversation in a direction that suits you. It didn't work, so stay on topic.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want an informed educated electorate, that way the US can progress forward
    If you believe you're going to find that on the right, you're laughably mistaken. There are just as many that vote right because dey hate dem n-----s as there are lefties that vote left for free stuff. It's just that more highly educated and productive states tend to lean blue, while less educated moocher states (those that make less than they take from the government) tend to be red.

Honestly, I haven't talked to a dem that listens to MSNBC in awhile. They're smart enough to recognize the propaganda, so they don't really pretend that their news stations aren't bias. Personally I triangulate my news, checking multiple sources to glean the commonalities among them all. The most reliable sources thus far have seemed to be huffington, BBC, CNN, and a few smaller splinter groups. The sad reality is that a great deal of the right listens to Faux News like it is the holy red bible and will memorize and parrot anything said on the network as if it were real.

The worst part is, these poor misinformed sheep actually believe what they hear on Faux News.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*
    I do love your attacks, problem is, they dont affect me. I find a great deal of pleasure in watching you launch personal attacks. When you have nothing credible to argue you devolve to attacking personally. Thank you for exposing that for me. Enjoy your holiday.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 04:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    If you believe you're going to find that on the right, you're laughably mistaken. There are just as many that vote right because dey hate dem n-----s as there are lefties that vote left for free stuff. It's just that more highly educated and productive states tend to lean blue, while less educated moocher states (those that make less than they take from the government) tend to be red.

Honestly, I haven't talked to a dem that listens to MSNBC in awhile. They're smart enough to recognize the propaganda, so they don't really pretend that their news stations aren't bias. Personally I triangulate my news, checking multiple sources to glean the commonalities among them all. The most reliable sources thus far have seemed to be huffington, BBC, CNN, and a few smaller splinter groups. The sad reality is that a great deal of the right listens to Faux News like it is the holy red bible and will memorize and parrot anything said on the network as if it were real.

The worst part is, these poor misinformed sheep actually believe what they hear on Faux News.
    I see, Thank you for demonstrating your enlightened superiority.

I do love your attacks, problem is, they dont affect me. I find a great deal of pleasure in watching you launch personal attacks. When you have nothing credible to argue you devolve to attacking personally. Thank you for exposing that for me. Enjoy your holiday.
    It's a shame that you took the easy way out and couldn't address the issues about your party that I brought forth. Because you were blatantly cornered. So you used some copy-n-paste meme response and ran away. Yeeeeaaah....

Good day to you too.

:edit:
    I also like how you cut out my post to "hide" how you flatout ignored what my post was actually saying. Gotta remove that context to appear to be in the right, I guess.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2012-12-25 at 10:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I can talk absolutes in this situation because quite simply it is the truth, for a variety of reasons. The majority of media actually does value truth and objectivity, and goes to insane lengths in order to avoid making value judgements on a situation.

Where the bias towards sensationalism originates from is the simple fact that every news media from BBC, to Al Jazeera, to Fox News, has to pick a limited number of stories in order to publish. And since they are working to a market, they publish stories they think that market would find interesting - and in the vast majority of the time, this happens to be sensationalism, muckraking, gossip, and crisis.
    I know every media pixs the most sensational story ... I happen to study journalism. I also know you can take a sensational story and report objectivly and only facts.

I am calling absolute bullshit on this. you know the ONE person i can think of that said people want free shit? MITT ROMONEY. and that didn't sit well with people. and as for the dems blocking bills they used what FOX would later call "the nuclear option" AKA filibuster, a handful of times. while in the obama years they have used it DOZENS of times. the obama has time and again given the GOP 80-90% of what they want and they still go: GIMME MORE! at least now Obama is showing the spine to tell them to fuck off and make a real offer.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 02:22 AM ----------

challenges and critiques to your thinking are not attacks. at least to a normal person. but it just goes to show you would rather play the victim card then truly explain your position (or more accurately the lack there of).
    Last edited by Sky High; 2012-12-25 at 10:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame that you took the easy way out and couldn't address the issues about your party that I brought forth. Because you were blatantly cornered. So you used some copy-n-paste meme response and ran away. Yeeeeaaah....

Good day to you too.

:edit:
    I also like how you cut out my post to "hide" how you flatout ignored what my post was actually saying. Gotta remove that context to appear to be in the right, I guess.
    I find no reason to attempt to have a reasoned discussion with anyone that is simply capable of hurling insults, insulting each other isn't going to solve anything, if you can find some meme that I have copy and pasted please point it out, otherwise its just another attempt to insult. As far as party affiliation, I've not said which one or even if I was part of one, but, again, you attempt to insult by insinuation, because you truly have no bloody idea, but I forgive you for that breech in education, as it probably wasn't your fault. As far as *snip*, you might avail yourself of the forum rules and policies... it actually encourages us NOT to fully quote a post, but again, you probably had no bloody idea, and chose to be snarky instead of looking for a possible reasonable reason for my action.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 04:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    I am calling absolute bullshit on this. you know the ONE person i can think of that said people want free shit? MITT ROMONEY. and that didn't sit well with people. and as for the dems blocking bills they used what FOX would later call "the nuclear option" AKA filibuster, a handful of times. while in the obama years they have used it DOZENS of times. the obama has time and again given the GOP 80-90% of what they want and they still go: GIMME MORE! at least now Obama is showing the spine to tell them to fuck off and make a real offer.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 02:22 AM ----------

challenges and critiques to your thinking are not attacks. at least to a normal person. but it just goes to show you would rather play the victim card then truly explain your position (or more accurately the lack there of).
    Here you go. Listen carefully, play it several times if you have to.

Try this one.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 04:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    I know every media pixs the most sensational story ... I happen to study journalism. I also know you can take a sensational story and report objectivly and only facts.

Should you actually become a journalist and actually find the capacity to be objective and find employment at an objective media outlet I look forward to reading your reports.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2012-12-25 at 10:36 AM.

snip
    2 vids? of just random people expecting these things? i guess i should of expected as much. i was half hoping you could give me a poll or statement from a grassroots organization to back these claims, but no. just random ass people off the street. try harder.

and a side note its really shocking you take what clearly are very uninformed individuals and slap their ignorance to an entire group of people. really small minded of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    2 vids? of just random people expecting these things? i guess i should of expected as much. i was half hoping you could give me a poll or statement from a grassroots organization to back these claims, but no. just random ass people off the street. try harder.

and a side note its really shocking you take what clearly are very uninformed individuals and slap their ignorance to an entire group of people. really small minded of you.
    I'm sorry if you wanted more or expected more, you chose to make your comments about a candidate while trying to call me out, I provided the videos, and to me thats enough to prove you wrong. As far as slapping a group for the actions of a few individuals, you do it all the time, dont feign incredulity when its done in response. I'm using the tactics your side has taught me. Want me to actually attempt to be reasonable, then perhaps you might consider attempting it as well.

As far as your comment about the 'nuclear option' that wasn't filibuster, it was the majority changing the filibuster rules, might wanna check that out if you think I'm inaccurate. In U.S. politics, the "nuclear option" is a filibuster-reform plan for the majority party in the United States Senate to change Senate precedents without a supermajority.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_option

This option is said to allow a simple majority to override the rules of the Senate and end a filibuster or other delaying tactic. In contrast, the cloture rule requires a supermajority of 60 votes (out of 100) to end a filibuster. The new interpretation becomes effective, both for the immediate circumstance and as a precedent, if it is upheld by a majority vote.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2012-12-25 at 11:34 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    All media in every country makes its living from sensationalism and muckraking precisely because that is what the vast majority of the public is interested in.
    What? Are alot of countries who have news agencies/news channels that are payed by tax money that are enforced by law to report factual, be unbiased and with no attatchements to religions, political parties or cooprorations.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Should you actually become a journalist and actually find the capacity to be objective and find employment at an objective media outlet I look forward to reading your reports.
    Believe me, it is very very hard to stay objective.
    Maybe I'll sell out (if there is a lot of money involved)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    What? Are alot of countries who have news agencies/news channels that are payed by tax money that are enforced by law to report factual, be unbiased and with no attatchements to religions, political parties or cooprorations.
    Again, the fact that they can only report x number of stories from a given period of time creates bias, because they have to make a value judgement on which story they believe to be more important or the public wants to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fox News hasn't liked them for a long time...

"A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    I found this one delightful. Is calling the WBC left-wing Fox' way of saying "Even we don't want anything to do with you guys"
    Nah, they just label every sort of extremism as lef-wing. They are wilfully ignorant about the fact that the right can also have extremes.