Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Just an FYI that Aion 6.2 Update comes to NA servers tomorrow 10/24/2018. This is a major game overhaul update/expansion that drastically updates the leveling process in the game. As of 6.2 the time to level from 1-80 should only take about 8-12 hours on average.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5NRwGr3a2g

Holy Necro batman.

I'm honestly impressed you posted 2 years ago and now nercoed it 2 years later.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Oh I know it is quite the necro lol. Just hoping someone might see this thread and not forget about the game. It's still a good game in 2018, just isn't that popular in NA though worldwide it brings in revenues not far from gw2... at least it's not on the chopping block like Wildstar and soon-to-be Rift with Trion being bought out.

Also there is a fresh-start server for the major game update 6.2 for Aion. (Ereshkigal)

And.... 27 pages of Patch Notes.. most of the game is being overhauled..
    http://static.ncsoft.com/aion/store/...tes_102418.pdf
    Last edited by Anthony3187; 2018-10-24 at 10:12 PM.

The problems with the game were mostly lack of management by NCsoft rather than critical flaws with the game itself. Very similar to how they completely dropped the ball on Blade and Soul: In both cases they released the games and left them with no support right out the gate. I remember reporting the same bot for 3 weeks straight and they were never banned despite running robotically in the same rectangle path in grey gear with a gibberish name. And melee range needed to be 50-100% longer while flying because with lag you were always juuuuust out of range. (I'm guessing since everyone in Korea is within 50miles of each other and had like sub-20ms pings they never considered the NA market where most ppl would be at like 100-200ms.)

Same happened with Blade and Soul: Ignored the bots, let them ruin not only faction warfare (all bots joined 1 side which meant balancing code caused the other side to always have like 5x more active pvpers) but also the arenas which were supposedly the main draw of the game. (Auto-facing/countering KFM and perma-stealthed summoners, etc)

8-12 hours from 1-80? Shit I wish wow was that fast. I might have a poke at Aion... I haven't even had it installed until not long after launch.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    8-12 hours from 1-80? Shit I wish wow was that fast. I might have a poke at Aion... I haven't even had it installed until not long after launch.
    Lol same here. Aion was sort of my intro to Korean grindfest MMOs. I'd played a few before it, but never really tried getting into one. My sub lasted two months before I quit, don't even think I hit level 10 in that time. Just wasn't really into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Lol same here. Aion was sort of my intro to Korean grindfest MMOs. I'd played a few before it, but never really tried getting into one. My sub lasted two months before I quit, don't even think I hit level 10 in that time. Just wasn't really into it.
    I got to like L48 I think or maybe just got to L50 when I quit. Being unable to fight anyone while flying as Chanter bc of the melee range issues and still not having my blue L44 staff (let alone purple) after like 18 failed rare combines which meant like over 100 other combines fed into that... said fuck it.

Wait, this game still exists?

Wow.

Did not expect that.

Well, good on them. There certainly is a gap in the market for a fun MMO right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say that it only takes 8-12 hours from 1-80. I was testing out the EU Aion recently which is already using the 6.2 patch and got to the mid 50's after a few days of playing. Yes it is much much faster than when Aion first hit or even when they "bettered the leveling experience" with like the 4. something patch. It is nowhere nearly a grindfest that it used to be. The yellow quests are fewer and the dark blue quests are fewer but help supplement the yellow quests when you get to the end and it says "next quest unlocked at level X". The number of solo instances have been increased and help getting you to that required level for the next set of yellow quests. I can honestly say that never once did I have to just grind shit to get exp when I was on the EU servers like I had to do with the old Aion. Now if the servers would freakin open I'd be happy! They were supposed to be up 2 1/2 hours ago!!!

I poke around every now and again, I'm actually kinda excited for this update. Think I may remake a templar and see how the new leveling experience and updated gear shakes out. I've always dug the game, just never found its way into my core rotation of MMO's, at least not since it got "good" some years back after years of stumbles.

Edit: Well shit, I guess they added XIGN and it doesn't like my PC for some reason because it refuses to load it and consequently won't load Aion. Guess I'll try to troubleshoot later, but holy shit these nonsense anticheat programs that are usually pretty useless are fucking annoying as sin.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2018-10-25 at 06:18 AM.