Page 83 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Can't get Swampert nor Jellicent from Friend Safari.

I am sad panda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

If you want to automate the hatching process, go to Prism Tower and skate around forever. Put a coin or something thin that holds the analogue stick in place (e.g. going left/right all the time).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    If you want to automate the hatching process, go to Prism Tower and skate around forever. Put a coin or something thin that holds the analogue stick in place (e.g. going left/right all the time).
    Video description of this method:
    Walking to Mordor. 120.4/6230km
    1RMs: bench-111.1kg, squat-147.4kg, deadlift-158.8kg

10+ Year Old Account
    Just found out I've basically the PERFECT Ditto for modest breeding. 31 IV in SP.Att, 31 IV in SP.Def for some reason and other IV's between 20-25. Just now got a charmander with 31 IV in SP.Att as well =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodclot View Post
    I'm really new to this whole breeding thing, but I have a technician scizor and an adamant nature ditto (japanese locale)

will that add up to a good poke, free scizor to anyone who can give me some help :P
    You'll have to equip the ditto with an everstone first. After that you have to hope the scizor will get the ability I believe, but he will get the nature, that's for sure.

Anyone wanna test teams on Pokemon Showdown? See how your team fares before putting in the time and effort to breed/train them.

Got this game recently and up to 7 badges, the game is just too damn easy. I swear it gets easier with every game and this time seems to just take the cake. I've litterally just roflstomped every gymleader usually using just 1 pokemon. Previously I remember gymleaders atleast having 1 really powerful pokemon or something with a really nasty ability but so far nothing, just like the average joe trainer.

And the rival guy, he's even more of a pushover. No attitude either like Gary in the old games, he just wants to eat cupcakes and be friends while wondering why he gets completely slaughtered every time. I like the game but I have to say this is the easiest so far and it is spoiling it for me.

My current team is

Raichu
    Greninja
    Venusaur
    Talonflame
    Lucario
    Butterfree

Sometimes it just takes the piss how many abilities a trainer can use in a row that just buffs or debuffs stats. Debuffing my character for 4 turns in a row and losing the fight as a result even with a type advantage that would have 1-2shot me if they would just use an actual attack. meh.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2013-10-21 at 09:56 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Got this game recently and up to 7 badges, the game is just too damn easy. I swear it gets easier with every game and this time seems to just take the cake. I've litterally just roflstomped every gymleader usually using just 1 pokemon. Previously I remember gymleaders atleast having 1 really powerful pokemon or something with a really nasty ability but so far nothing, just like the average joe trainer.

And the rival guy, he's even more of a pushover. No attitude either like Gary in the old games, he just wants to eat cupcakes and be friends while wondering why he gets completely slaughtered every time. I like the game but I have to say this is the easiest so far and it is spoiling it for me.

My current team is

Raichu
    Greninja
    Venusaur
    Talonflame
    Lucario
    Butterfree

Sometimes it just takes the piss how many abilities a trainer can use in a row that just buffs or debuffs stats. Debuffing my character for 4 turns in a row and losing the fight as a result even with a type advantage that would have 1-2shot me if they would just use an actual attack. meh.
    The main culprit is over leveling. Its clear it wasn't tested enough. Usually exp share will stop that but this time around it seemed like the exp share was a last minute addition and they never readjusted the exp you get.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Turning exp. share off or rotating your lineup with new Pokemon every now and then is probably what you should have done. The game doesn't really give any hints about that, though.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

My current team is
    Raichu
    Greninja
    Venusaur
    Talonflame
    Lucario
    Butterfree
    I used Pikachu in the Ami for about 20 mins when I started, since than I reminded my time in Yellow and that he didnt wanted to evolve. Thus I got back to the first forrest and grinded other Pikachu to find an "light ball". I found one in the first I met
    My team is:
    Greninja
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Talonflame
    + Shiny Reuniclus for fun

but till now I went with only those Pokemon, coudn't find anything else I really liked :/

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The main culprit is over leveling. Its clear it wasn't tested enough. Usually exp share will stop that but this time around it seemed like the exp share was a last minute addition and they never readjusted the exp you get.
    At least EXP share makes it so that you don't feel like you are ignoring certain Pokemon for an entire gym when you defeat all the trainers and leader with a single one. Also, it made it a lot easier to level some of those more difficult Pokemon like Dragon types. I got an Axew from Wonder Trade at level 14 and it's already evolved once and is level 41. Having the boosted EXP plus EXP Share makes the game feel less like a grind, which some people might not mind, but not everyone has the spare time to be grinding levels to maximize stats.

At least EXP share makes it so that you don't feel like you are ignoring certain Pokemon for an entire gym when you defeat all the trainers and leader with a single one.
    Actually it is doing just exactly that. In many cases peoples first pokemon never die and they don't need to swap because they out level everything.

Also, it made it a lot easier to level some of those more difficult Pokemon like Dragon types. I got an Axew from Wonder Trade at level 14 and it's already evolved once and is level 41. Having the boosted EXP plus EXP Share makes the game feel less like a grind, which some people might not mind, but not everyone has the spare time to be grinding levels to maximize stats.
    There is no boost. The lead gets 100% of the exp earned and everyone else gets 50% of the number the first pokemon earned. Its nice but they never tested the percentage because everyone is over leveling and its insane
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Aye I turned off the Exp share, it feels like cheating. I'm not sure how it feels less like I'm ignoring a pokemon just because there is a device that lets you ignore them while still gaining levels. In that sense surely you ignore them more? The ExP share is far too powerful, but even without it the game is too easy because trainers rarely have exceptional pokemon with powerful abilities like in previous games, just the usual generics. On top of that they often use hilariously bad tactics that basically hand you the win.

The game being less grindy is nice but they went too far with it, because the result is the game is too easy, if you left EXP share on for the entire game you would probably end up 15 levels + above the content. The exp share should be nerfed to 1/4 of it's current power, it would still be strong.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Frankly none of the pokemon games were hard for the 8 badges. Pick 2 pokemon to cover most type advantages and have decent stats and ur golden. The Elite 4 and beyond are probably easier as the rest of ur pokemon don't need nearly as much time to catch up. Since I'm gathering like 2-3 different teams of decent stat+nature pokemon, I'm keeping the Exp Share on.

P.S. I guess Blaziken was considered Uber for a reason...wtf did they give him indefinite speed for lol? Coupled with this trade exp bonus, he single handedly mops this game up.

- - - Updated - - -

The game being less grindy is nice but they went too far with it, because the result is the game is too easy, if you left EXP share on for the entire game you would probably end up 15 levels + above the content. The exp share should be nerfed to 1/4 of it's current power, it would still be strong.
    Nintendo mentioned in patching up some bugs in this game, wonder if they can potentially change the mechanics of something like the exp share.

o ye he get trade exp bonus was wondering why my team is at the 50s while blaziken close to 70 :P
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Neat, under-leveled Hydreigons in victory road.Now I can be like Dennis!

Deleted
    weee just got a lvl 30 mentang from friend safari metagross the fairy slayer is here for me!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Just found out I've basically the PERFECT Ditto for modest breeding. 31 IV in SP.Att, 31 IV in SP.Def for some reason and other IV's between 20-25. Just now got a charmander with 31 IV in SP.Att as well =D
    how were you able to check you iv's on x/y?

Aye I turned off the Exp share, it feels like cheating. I'm not sure how it feels less like I'm ignoring a pokemon just because there is a device that lets you ignore them while still gaining levels. In that sense surely you ignore them more? The ExP share is far too powerful, but even without it the game is too easy because trainers rarely have exceptional pokemon with powerful abilities like in previous games, just the usual generics. On top of that they often use hilariously bad tactics that basically hand you the win.

Exactly the case with me. My Sylveon was lvl 100 by the time i reached the 7th gym, because I lvled a variety of Mons but kept him in.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a question just hoping it hasnt been answered and I didn't notice.

I caught a gligar with hyper cutter. Is there any way to breed for hidden abilities or to access them, cause I'd like to get one with a decent nature and poison heal.
    Friend Safari's contain hidden ability pokemon when the player is online, and im pretty sure i read horde battle pokemon have a chance of having their hidden ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't get gligar in friend safari afaik. So I can't breed it in? I just spent 3 hours catching just the one lol
    Horde battles have a chance of having the Hidden Ability, so you can definitely get a Gligar with its hidden ability. Get a pokemon with Sweet Scent so you can trigger horde battles whenever you want, and then get a pokemon with Toxic. Throw Toxic on all 5 Gligars and which ever one is immune, is the one with the hidden ability.