Soon... DOOM!

Also Vision is a pretty boring character to play.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been wondering (which was just triggered by the Doom thing)...when playable villains fight themselves in the game, do they have special dialogue or is it just a 4th wall breaking event that we all overlook?
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I've been wondering (which was just triggered by the Doom thing)...when playable villains fight themselves in the game, do they have special dialogue or is it just a 4th wall breaking event that we all overlook?
    It's a rogue Doom-bot! A Magneto clone! Symbiote offspring posing as the original!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    It's a rogue Doom-bot! A Magneto clone! Symbiote offspring posing as the original!
    So am I to take that as their quotes or your creativity for this Friday?
    BAD WOLF

So am I to take that as their quotes or your creativity for this Friday?
    Just me stating no fourth wall breaking required because these are comic book characters and comic books be crazy with clones/duplicates/robot doubles and shit.

And if it's none of the above then it's an alternate universe!

One of the things I loved about the Injustice game is the second they showed up in the alternate world they were immediately guessing whether it was an actual alternate world or if their own timeline had been altered.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2015-05-29 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    I bought some Avenger boxes too boost my roster, got Cable, Silver Surfer and Gambit. What was even better is that i got Beta Ray Bill and Kate Bishop enhanced costumes.

Almost have Spiderman to 60 by doing Midtown while Odin bounties were active.
    Nice! Yeah Odin's Event is ok on XP, but mainly for the runes. If you can I'd say wait to save your boosts for Omega (especially towards end / Madness), with a stacking 24% bonus each day, and Cosmic, with 42% bonus throughout, on Mondays too.

Mondays are extremely the best day to pop boosts if you can and farm MM all day. Omega makes it even more sweeter, Cosmic to another extent.

I've been debating if I want to get none or the 5 / 10 bundle of Avenger's Boost. I have all the heroes, so it'd just be Ultimate Upgrade tokens. But costumes are 50/50 on anything I might be interested in. Have most of what I like, but I did hear it's a nice bang for your buck on buying boosts.ve in the face. :P
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2015-05-29 at 02:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    *SNIP*
    Ah...so they don't do anything special. That was the actual question I wanted answered.
    BAD WOLF

Soon... DOOM!
    Updated my Test Center last night so I can play around with Doom and his 3 sigs + Foot Dive. Though I saw a video of all his powers and his Ultimate was amazing I thought.

For anyone interested in seeing it: (Should start when they run to the dummy to test each one, so it cuts out the beginning fluff)

https://youtu.be/3rbAe5ZFMzE?t=91

Well in this case one does not play Doom as Doom does not wish it. Instead you control his Doombot. No one can handle the true power of Doom. If you attempt to control him, you'll get a foot di

I got Magneto with ES last night. Disappointed. Did not enjoy the play style.

Wish they would implement a preview system so I don't have to buy heroes to see if I like their playstyle. S far I have been underwhelmed by Magneto, Rogue, Punisher, Iron Man, Cyclops, Colossus, Captain America, Luke Cage, Hawkeye and Taskmaster. I felt all these heroes were uninteresting, same-y or sluggish.

Which reminds me of a design choice I feel is quite disappointing- the numerous overlap of hero abilities. Every hero having a "movement" power is well & fine. But why are they so inconsistent? Cyclops/Black Widow/Logan, free movement powers. Punisher roll? Free movement power. Scarlet Witch flying, SPIRIT.

Also every hero having a dash, a CC break, stun, etc. It all makes the majority of heroes feel as though there is only slight variation and little depth.

Even the tertiary powers are essentially "pump-n-dump" mechanics. I don't see a lot of complex interactions in what you chose to do or build as in the game for the the most part.

The game is more Final Fight than Diablo 2 despite it's designer's pedigree.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Wish they would implement a preview system so I don't have to buy heroes to see if I like their playstyle. S far I have been underwhelmed by Magneto, Rogue, Punisher, Iron Man, Cyclops, Colossus, Captain America, Luke Cage, Hawkeye and Taskmaster. I felt all these heroes were uninteresting, same-y or sluggish.

Which reminds me of a design choice I feel is quite disappointing- the numerous overlap of hero abilities. Every hero having a "movement" power is well & fine. But why are they so inconsistent? Cyclops/Black Widow/Logan, free movement powers. Punisher roll? Free movement power. Scarlet Witch flying, SPIRIT.

Also every hero having a dash, a CC break, stun, etc. It all makes the majority of heroes feel as though there is only slight variation and little depth.

Even the tertiary powers are essentially "pump-n-dump" mechanics. I don't see a lot of complex interactions in what you chose to do or build as in the game for the the most part.

I can't believe you didn't enjoy cap...I am ABSOLUTELY loving him. I love the two resource management although it's too easy to balance them.

He didn't pick up for me until 30+

They have the test center, but they've been working on a way for there to be a try feature on Live. Best they do is sometimes unlock all heroes to level 10 and do it on big events.

They posted two days ago in their Hero Power update that each hero will probably receive buffs on a weekly basis now (instead of reviews) and a nerf if it's really necessary as they are against nerfing.

But also in the same thing they said they want to give every hero a movement power of some sort and it require no points and be bound to a separate key. Like how our Ultimate / Med Kits are. Oh, they'll also cost 0 resources.

CC Break is mainly so you don't sit there like a sitting duck on some powers that hit hard. Example being frozen and being charged at the same time would suck if you can't do anything.

Stun's don't really last long enough to notice. Dash is like a movement power and will be a different thing altogether in the future.

Which "tertiary powers" are you referring to? The Omega System?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Which "tertiary powers" are you referring to? The Omega System?
    The powers that use a discrete thrid resource. Such as IW's focus or Magneto's debris.

The powers that use a discrete thrid resource. Such as IW's focus or Magneto's debris.
    Yeah, IW's Focus I'd just rather they put a cooldown on the ability since I'm basically hitting it every X seconds in the build I'm using.

Magneto's Debris I think is pretty decent. He has a toggle that acts like a homing missile and shoots your debris at this while other gives you a boost when you pick up debris. One of the abilities I use is like a spammable AoE, but limited by the debris.

Strange's is interesting in that the faster you fill the bar the quicker you can reset all your spells (mainly for the 20-30sec ones)

Psylockes/Iron Mans is more of a damage absorption shield whereas Iron Mans you can expend part of the shield for an attack.

Starlord's is basically the meter for how much elemental ammo he has before you recharge.

Think that's all of them that have them (from what I've leveled). Most make sense in a way, just Invisible Woman's I still don't see why she needed it.

I dont think its breaking the fourth wall, thats not the term that MH or Marvel comics uses. Breaking the 4th wall is like what some of Deadpools dialogue does where he talks about how he is a comic book character. I only watch Marvel movies i dont know about the comics. But in the comics there are all sorts of different and parallel dimensions or parallel universes i think the term that Marvel uses. Like for example multiple universes is how they justify having Deadpool and Lady Deadpool. Lady Deadpool is from the alternate universe "Earth-3010" while regular Deadpool is from "Earth-616". I think yet another version is Dogpool which is a dog version of Deadpool and he is from "Earth-10317".

That is how they explain away multiple playable Hulks and Ironman on the screen and how they have explained how player controlled Magneto is fighting Magneto the boss and how they will explain player Dr Doom fighting Dr Doom the NPC.
    Last edited by notanmmmonewbie; 2015-05-29 at 10:31 PM.

In terms of breaking the 4th Wall, that's pretty much restricted to Deadpool and She-Hulk. Yes, Wade is crazy, but it doesn't mean he's not right. Everything else is soap opera stuff. Evil twins, amnesia, etc. etc. etc. Always remember, everything is permanent right up until the sales figures demand otherwise. Just like the upcoming Crisis-style compression of the whole line that reboots everything. It'll permanently and totally change the Marvel universe forever. Until they need a new marketing gimmick to boost sales.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forget I mentioned the 4th wall as I was using it jokingly to reference the fact that the game not providing additional dialogue means they don't attempt to mask the 'gameyness' of it. I don't honestly look for immersion in this ARPG.
    BAD WOLF

Yah Gaz actually provides unique dialogue for situations like that. Mag or Venom fighting themselves, or another example Deadpool running into another Deadpool, or any hero running into themselves. Or better yet you know how Lady Deadpool is a costume right? well if Ladypool runs into another Ladypool one of their self-to-self greetings is to hiss like a cat.

For anyone curious. Odin's Bounty ended last night and Midtown Madness started today. So go far those boxes!

There is a LOT of loot in this game. Like more than you can carry, store, convert, exchange or sell. I can't even store like 1 thing. Literally I can not store even a single thing anymore. Just loot everywhere.

There is a LOT of loot in this game. Like more than you can carry, store, convert, exchange or sell. I can't even store like 1 thing. Literally I can not store even a single thing anymore. Just loot everywhere.
    yeah, the only thing I ever pick up are cosmics and uniques