Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I played a bit with Punisher. He kinda sucks. Clear speed is awful. Plus Punisher seems rather squishy compared to unkillable/high DPS powerhouses I played such as Sue Storm, Wanda and Venom.

Haven't done cosmics yet, but I am rather impressed by how quickly I can clear LQs, Green and Blue terms on Scarlet Witch and Venom. Sue Storm is only slightly behind them in clear speed but is second to Venom in tankiness.

I thought Gaz refreshed all the heroes? Because Venom and Scarlet Witch seem almost broken. Is it the goal they have some much DPS and tankiness? Venom is outrageous- I am facetanking like Doom and Man Ape spears using my basic on Venom. soloing Sin 6 in Heroic with 100% HP. I think this is unintended.
    What happened to squirrel girl? D:

BETRAYER
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

BETRAYER
    Her holiday costume was fixed to no long let her do decent dmg

- - - Updated - - -

Never again. without enough boosts to bankrupt china and a big-10 style event.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Never again. without enough boosts to bankrupt china and a big-10 style event.
    Oohhhh, I want that skin. I need to get around to playing this game again, got characters to level up!

I just have Christmas Hulk.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oohhhh, I want that skin. I need to get around to playing this game again, got characters to level up!
    I'd use her X-Force costume but the textures on it aren't great

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Really? Punisher is one of the top heroes especially in damage.
    Perhaps I am not high enough level or playing a poor spec. I have not put much thought into it really.

Then again, I didn't put a lot of effort into Sue Storm or Scarlet Witch either. Both felt far more powerful than The Punisher as did a good number of other heroes I own.

I am willing to believe my own inability is a limiter on The Punisher's potential. Though thus far it seemed like a lot of effort for so-so results when I was one-shotting half the screen as other characters with almost no thought required.

Also, they've done a Level a 52 review on everyone but Thing, Cable and Deadpool (receiving reworks in that order). Though just because they've been redone doesn't mean much. When they were redone at the time they were pretty OP and then the next hero got better because of new tech and such and it just kept snowballing
    Fair enough. My primary interest is just checking out how everything works since playing a year or so ago.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I still have her and a few other heroes. Squirrel Girl, Task Master, Rogue, Hulk, Iron Man, etc to continue playing.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2015-05-20 at 03:36 AM.

Perhaps I am not high enough level or playing a poor spec. I have not put much thought into it really.

Then again, I didn't put a lot of effort into Sue Storm or Scarlet Witch either. Both felt far more powerful than The Punisher as did a good number of other heroes I own.

I am willing to believe my own inability is a limiter on The Punisher's potential. Though thus far it seemed like a lot of effort for so-so results when I was one-shotting half the screen as other characters with almost no thought required.
    Yeah, to be honest I have no personal experience. It's just what I keep hearing in /social and places.

Random thought: Someone posted an image of X-23 above. I have to say I find the characters chosen for the game odd. Why did they add X-23, Task Master, Psylocke, Winter Soldier, etc. In some cases I feel like these characters are either minor or offer meh opportunity for interesting power design.

Like I don't really get X-23 having a full playable implementation in the game but Quicksilver is a team-up?

Someone thought, "Yea, Task Master." But was like, "Nah. We could do without Kitty Pryde.

I am sure there are reasons why the developers picked some of these heroes. Then again, I'll see a Rocket Racoon running around Midtown with a Spider-Woman team-up and am perplexed why I can't walk around as Dazzler and Namor.

I don't know how or why they get chosen but I do know that everything has to be cleared by Marvel before it can be live. Not sure if that has anything to do with what heroes are chosen but it has affected what costumes can be used.

Deleted
    Random thought: Someone posted an image of X-23 above. I have to say I find the characters chosen for the game odd. Why did they add X-23, Task Master, Psylocke, Winter Soldier, etc. In some cases I feel like these characters are either minor or offer meh opportunity for interesting power design.

Like I don't really get X-23 having a full playable implementation in the game but Quicksilver is a team-up?

Someone thought, "Yea, Task Master." But was like, "Nah. We could do without Kitty Pryde.

I am sure there are reasons why the developers picked some of these heroes. Then again, I'll see a Rocket Racoon running around Midtown with a Spider-Woman team-up and am perplexed why I can't walk around as Dazzler and Namor.
    Well, she was a side thing with no planned release date really with a kit pretty similar to Wolverines (with some more acrobatics/skill synergy) which is why she's 200 (releases since early on have been based on dev time unlike I think popularity on release). Her ult is almost the same as wolverines (his makes all hits crits and hers makes all crits bruts). Beast is another confirmed side project who will be 200 with no revealed release plan.

Kitty is planned 2 releases from now as far as we know, Quicksilver as playable isn't likely in the near future as when you go too fast the game doesn't load fast enough and some other stuff I think (you can see this by using a teleporting character with a slow connection)

X-23 was added because people wanted her as part of Wolverine so instead of an enhanced (due to different powers) they made her separate and was an "extra" and wasn't part of the monthly additions.

TaskMaster was an April Fool's release and probably because they had the work already done from him being a villian. Same reason Juggernaut, Venom, Magneto were considered.

Winter Soldier was released primarily because of the movie and gave them time to add him in later on.

It's nice that they are releasing some lower characters as it shouldn't always be about the "main and upfront" ones.

Quicksilver isn't a hero because they don't have the tech for him to be playable decently. People have problems already porting like crazy across the game. Imagine running around at high speeds.

Also these are the hero's slated for this year (via Advance Pack 2)

• Black Cat
      • Blade
      • Doctor Doom -- Slated for June 4th w/Birthday
      • Iceman -- February
      • Iron Fist
      • Kitty Pryde with Lockheed
      • She-Hulk - March
      • Vision -- May Release w/Avengers Movie
      • War Machine
      • Winter Soldier - January Release
      • Hero To Be Announced! --- Rumored to be Ant Man for movie in July
      • Hero To Be Announced! --- Possibly Wasp as well (nothing solid found)
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2015-05-20 at 04:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    What interesting combat opportunities are there for Kitty (phases through stuff, about as anti-combat as you can get), Namor (strong, flies) and Dazzler (Jubilee but in a band)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Frunken View Post
    What interesting combat opportunities are there for Kitty (phases through stuff, about as anti-combat as you can get)
    depends if they use the movie version of Kitty

I imagine a lot of her combat would be melee.

I started playing about a week ago, I've been enjoying it immensely. I picked Iron Man, cos he's my favorite Marvel char, and I've had a blast(pun intended)with him. It's true, once you start getting Cosmics/Uniques on him, he gets pretty badass, especially when you get later-tier powers like The One-Off. The only downside is suffering those smartass pilots every time you talk to them: 'What's the matter, jet-boot fuel too expensive? He he...'

I have issues with most character lines in the game. The only thing I think DC does better is the tone. Sometimes there's just too much sense of humor and in MH the lines are often out of place (Magneto's Holocaust comments) or absolutely the reverse of funny. Not to mention they can be entire monologues, like with SS or Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Frunken View Post
    What interesting combat opportunities are there for Kitty (phases through stuff, about as anti-combat as you can get), Namor (strong, flies) and Dazzler (Jubilee but in a band)?
    She's a martial arts master, technology/computer genius, was cosmically empowered and her phasing allows for stealth, camouflage, matter disruption, intangibility and she can share some of her powers with others. Kitty was also a trained ninja at one point and there is no mechanical reason why that would need to be excluded as a gameplay device. She also has a dragon.

Throw her a melee set that allows Kitty to build an incorporeality resource, add an aura/passive set and a set centered around movement & stealth. Sneak around, brawl, phase, disrupt, brawl, phase, disrupt. The key being Kitty is an excellent brawler for spike damage and limited tanking. So you'd need to manage her incorporeal resource for either defense or offense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kitty Pryde is getting added this year. Also on that list Lucetia gave, Blade is likely coming around October/Halloween, as that is the most halloweeny character to release this year, fighting vampires, monsters and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I have issues with most character lines in the game. The only thing I think DC does better is the tone. Sometimes there's just too much sense of humor and in MH the lines are often out of place (Magneto's Holocaust comments) or absolutely the reverse of funny. Not to mention they can be entire monologues, like with SS or Storm.
    I think most of the character lines actually fit their personality and such so I've never had an issue with it. Magneto's Holocaust statements, as your example, fits him because he was a child during the war and was locked up in a concentration camp and lost his parents. So it becomes a part of him and his revenge.

It's easier to understand some of the lines if you have know their past history by reading comics or looking them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I don't know how or why they get chosen but I do know that everything has to be cleared by Marvel before it can be live. Not sure if that has anything to do with what heroes are chosen but it has affected what costumes can be used.
    Marvel approval does pretty much influence who they can use and when to some degree...characters connected to movies for example, or in the case of the Richard Ryder version of Nova which led to them waiting over a year when he was supposed to be in at launch.

Then you have guys like Namor whose license when it comes to video games is in a gray area and/or owned by someone else, so as well known as they are in the comic fandom may not make it in at all.

Once Marvel gives their thumbs up then it's a matter of how complex the hero still be to add, since some require new mechanics to be added to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I haven't really encountered that, most of the lines I've heard have been funny or well within the character who delivers them. A few that stuck:

Iron Man to The Wizard: "I've seen better wizards at Hogwart's..."
    Captain America to Iron Man: "All that armor can't hide your good heart, Tony." and "Tell me, Tony: Who's behind all these 'rickrolling' shenanigans?"
    Deadpool to a pack of mobs: *girlish falsetto* "It's okay, you can -all- take me to the prom!"