Quote Originally Posted by Hetalia McAzuslut View Post
    Well, I am now a self diagnosed weeaboo swedaboo metalboo furboo bionicleboo starwarsboo warcraftboo
    I don't even... just.... so much words....

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    lots of words....
    Last edited by Grimsolution; 2013-03-04 at 07:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feel like crap. Going to sleep. Later folks

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Feel like crap. Going to sleep. Later folks
    G'night Frey.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    It turns out I was half-wrong about the thread. Most of the thread isn't judgmental, except about themselves.
    In lieu of a longer and inevitably more biting response, I will simply post this.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip snip

It turns out I was half-wrong about the thread. Most of the thread isn't judgmental, except about themselves.

i am myselfs worst critic

10+ Year Old Account
    All right, I was lurking the thread during work, and I now have to rant about something.
    ~Rant snip~
    I agree with this. I would write a long post in response, but school is demanding my attention again.

Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    In lieu of a longer and inevitably more biting response, I will simply post this.

[video=youtube;iHc3s-MtoUc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHc3s-MtoUc[/vieo]
    I've handed out my (limitedly helpful) criticism to multiple artists in this thread, and there's nothing wrong with looking at your work and saying "something isn't right here..." But to bring that negativity and shovel it out every time someone posts something awesome, that's not cool man.

Fish are Nepal's most important resource. This is because of the good taste they get from the mountain waters of the Himalayan mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonform View Post
    i am myselfs worst critic
    The problem, Drafo, is most of the artists aren't being critical so much as soul-shatteringly negative. Very, very few of the artists in the thread regularly churn out stunningly good art, but very very few also churn out god-awful art. It's one thing to say "I could do better" or "I think I can improve on this next time," and quite something else to say "I'm shit and I'll never be as good as X."

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    I should've probably gone through F/Z's extra bits earlier

Irisviel has been promoted to top/borderline God tier

Quote Originally Posted by isi View Post
    [IMG]http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/310/062/291.png[/IM]
    Morning isi.

10+ Year Old Account
    [IMG]http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/310/062/291.png[/IsMG]
    Good morning Isi

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsolution View Post
    Fish are Nepal's most important resource. This is because of the good taste they get from the mountain waters of the Himalayan mountains.
    There are twice as many kangaroos in Australia as there are people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naro McBigdaddy View Post
    There are twice as many kangaroos in Australia as there are people.
    This is good information

10+ Year Old Account
    I've handed out my (limitedly helpful) criticism to multiple artists in this thread, and there's nothing wrong with looking at your work and saying "something isn't right here..." But to bring that negativity and shovel it out every time someone posts something awesome, that's not cool man.
    I'd love to stick to my own mantra of "As long as you keep improving" here, but posts like Zookz only throw into clearer light just how few redeeming qualities my art objectively has (and it is with great difficulty I restrain myself from putting quotes around art). Toss that in with what is probably moderate depression and pretty major self-esteem issues that I haven't dealt with yet, and you get me. Being negative is, at this point, part of who I am, and it's not something I want to relinquish so readily.

I apologize for instigating the pityparty (again), but I won't apologize for being me.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem, Drafo, is most of the artists aren't being critical so much as soul-shatteringly negative. Very, very few of the artists in the thread regularly churn out stunningly good art, but very very few also churn out god-awful art. It's one thing to say "I could do better" or "I think I can improve on this next time," and quite something else to say "I'm shit and I'll never be as good as X."

yes thats true but its also normal that you envy people that are sooo much better then you are. I would never write such things as "i will never be as good as ...." but i understand why people write such things.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 09:09 AM ----------

[IMG]http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/310/062/291.png[/IG]

good morning isi

10+ Year Old Account
    The other issue is that I have a very hard time doing something for its own sake. I won't draw just to draw, and I won't write just to write. I'll draw to convey and share a concept, or I'll write to bring enjoyment or insight to others, but I don't see the point in doing either just to do it.

EDIT: Anyways it's 2AM and I need to be up in five hours. I'll catch you guys later.
    Last edited by Bluesparkks; 2013-03-04 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    I'd love to stick to my own mantra of "As long as you keep improving" here, but posts like Zookz only throw into clearer light just how few redeeming qualities my art objectively has (and it is with great difficulty I restrain myself from putting quotes around art). Toss that in with what is probably moderate depression and pretty major self-esteem issues that I haven't dealt with yet, and you get me. Being negative is, at this point, part of who I am, and it's not something I want to relinquish so readily.

I apologize for instigating the pityparty (again), but I won't apologize for being me.
    I don't want an apology for being you. I want people to stop, again, bringing down other people's awesome accomplishments by publicly flagellating themselves for not being as good as someone else.

I think there's some confusion about my rant. It's not about criticism, from yourself or anyone else. It is strictly about bringing your own issues with your art into light every time someone posts their own good art. While I'd like you to enjoy your own art, I'm not going to stop you feeling negative about it. What I want to stop is your negativity discouraging other posters from posting their art to avoid hurting your feelings.

10+ Year Old Account
    bwahah... my Brony colleage is back from his month long vacation ... and the first thing he asks: "lunch at Burger King?"
    Last edited by isi; 2013-03-04 at 08:17 AM.