Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    10 small mostly passive buffs, at least 3 of which are "your spells do more damage".

Nah, I'm not worried at all.
    Exactly. Some @#$%ing underwhelming crap, really, there is nothing "Hero" about them. It's as if e.g. Dragon's Breath and the accompanying passives before it had been sold as some "heroic" sh1t going from Vanilla into BC.

Heck, even DB added more to Fire spec (back in its time) than these vapid talents.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Would be much more heroic if we could summon an actual Keeper of the Grove, or an Ancient of War/Wind/Lore/Protector into battle. I'm honestly not sure how Keeper's talents really differ from a regular Druid's talents. The only thing outstanding is the treants with moonfire, and most everything else is just passive buffs that play off Force of Nature that Druids already have rather than summoning something they didn't have before.
    I think this is the problem. They're called Hero Talents, but its really difficult for a bunch of passive talents to make you feel Heroic (power via +% Talents may help you feel more powerful, but that's not the same as Heroic). They should have just called them Sub-Classes or something. And I'll admit that some of them do feel Heroic; Summoning the Four Horsemen in battle could feel Heroic... Getting some Kill Command buffs does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    considering some specs playstyle hasnt changed for the better part of a decade even with the new hero trees i think its fine

again its just the same doomsayers claiming stuff because they have nothing better to do
    Some players just treat this feature way too seriously. Something on a par with Legion's artifacts. But it's just placeholder feature. Blizzard do it just because they have to due to current game design.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Covenants reloaded. They just should have expanded the talent trees.

Imagine they bring in new talent trees.. and do not expand them. That is as crazy as removing the dungeon finder from WotLK Classic.
    Last edited by schmonz; 2024-03-19 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schmonz View Post

Imagine they bring in new talent trees.. and do not expand them. That is as crazy as removing the dungeon finder from WotLK Classic.
    Looking at my DK trees, they look pretty expanded though. I'm not just "Unholy", but I'm also a fricking commander of the 4 horsemen.

Quote Originally Posted by catalystical View Post
    Looking at my DK trees, they look pretty expanded though. I'm not just "Unholy", but I'm also a fricking commander of the 4 horsemen.
    I do not get why they separated that part from the trees themself.

It is just talents, after all. Name a sausage a sausage, and not a hero sausage.

Once you get some bloody autonomy and decide you will play what you want, meta be damned, you will be far more happy

I almost exclusively play off meta stuff and I'm rarely not #1 in my groups

A shit player on a meta spec will still be shit, and vice versa, the hero talents are no different - I will pick what I enjoy and that's it

- - - Updated - - -

Except the problem with covenants is how grindy and hard to change they were

Hero talents you can change whenever you fancy, if you're so inclined

It is just talents, after all. Name a sausage a sausage, and not a hero sausage.
    That's kinda the point. Nothing wrong with trying to turn silly old sausage into hero sausage. If it's baked into the spec tree, then it's the same shit every expansion. I'm still simply going to be "Unholy" or "Frost". Splitting it out into a "next tier" helps in selling that fantasy stuff.

The reason they're separate trees is to limit what the points do. They didn't want to just add another row of talents and 10 more talent points, because the talent trees as they are now work really well, and adding more points to the current talent trees would require making changes to existing talents to ensure that the specs are still balanced. By adding a new Hero Talent tree, they can localise the 10 points you get to specifically the new tree, and that way the scope of changes from adding new talents is much narrower.

It also means they can share the new mechanics in the new trees between specs, which allows for double the variety with the same amount of work, as now, being a Fire Mage, I get two rotation varieties, instead of just one, but they still only need to make 3 trees for Mage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !