Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aherooffools View Post
    So, I don't understand something... Is the last boss for the green fire bugged or something? Because everytime I come to the Felhunter phase it dispels my enslave EVEN THOUGH my pit lord is literally 200 yards away and LoSed (not joking, I actually measured it). I have full aggro on the Fel hunters and almost no issues with the rest of the fight. I CANNOT get past this phase though because of that reason. I've wiped 37 times now, all at the same spot, all with the same problem.

Maybe a patch bug or something? Idk. When you've LoSed your pitlord in every tangable spot and it still get purged, then something is wrong.
    Distance is of no factor if the pit lord is anywhere but directly behind the fel hunters it will be dispelled. Think of them having a vision of 270 degree radius around them, the pit lord needs to be in that blind spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Also make sure that it's not just your enslave wearing off. You need to recast it after a while.
    This, i can't believe how many times i wiped on kanry and not realizing it was ED wearing off.
    ED last 5 minutes, which is roughly the same amount of time the 2nd fel hunter phase start.

My advice is, download WeakAuras and use this
    Code:
    dSJveaGAjQA9aP2LqvBtcntHYCLGzdQBkuXTjvFdO2jr2l1Ujz)ir)ej8xPQXbWHf1qLOmyKQgUK6GivggIogPCoPIfIuSurslMqTCv9qKKNc9yv45kmrGyQszYIy6kDrcCvjQCzuxxrBKGMgiBgHTRIoTk9DrIptuZtOsJej1Za0OLiJNqojsPBjsDnHCEPslts(TGxdKS1CZ41iTQLFI8bxG2JGAuaRzy4ESuojKsVa1aoFYGW6bLXHrT4HIhC8AKg1nMymXnJIOGGyWRfMUOgaGfJGGkcayeejeatKgcOrIWZYFyQsOkahE3SKMLiTeqlea4kOIvKqrqrDQQIImr6iGEnoY6CJfTZNTyJ7FLL53nJt1DnwZRX5GtL1nngvzDE4ML0mkqnGZNmL0dcRhuEn(Sof18N3WBmUgFw3iejjPXew8KGO1TMnsnDPghHLlMxJFyZ7nOSuhsJL4RCP1cbagIeazvvhWrDaciQOjsdfz84d19DTez8qgfNpaL8hMQKglANpBSXI25ZJcynddt3XEpZ7nOO4KF4C3rbQZQK(arFSRCP1ir4z5pmvjnw0oF2yJfTZNhfWYeelgvuthTscekuavnSaiF(QItwLJDLlTQRs24ZY3GQ1TMnw)b5NhJLfTZNnchYjUzCo4EqhuSfB8dWSBg1NW71nVEnohCVIp53Inc6GInsdC(auusFJ1RHzJZb3Fe0fNxtJxJhb4W7MxJIZhGs(dtvcvb4W7ML0SKMLQSqWaG0IkQbMesRcmuuLjshb0saTePLGSKMxJQPE7VYY8pSuLXCsYDVbvgUF)RSm)d3SKMBg3)klZVBgFw3OgjjPXXumFYQfNeexrg7PIoS1Jn6sTzKpz1AKAodVLmoMI5twTL9mXvKrSmbXIzCo4uzDtJXTBnBmp)SXN1POM)8gEJX1OkRZd3SKMrbQbC(KPKEqy9GYRXP6UgR51yclEsq06wZgPwqSYewUyEnov7FLL53nVE9A8MyuItHs6RmMChLFQo27jBAmMYnzlzHGJ60bGweyaAvra1QinrAiWg7sbbXGxlmDuXQoqajbObbgyrGaGmr6isJhFOUxKLQ8Am7MrbQbC(KPKEqy9GYiTQLFI8bxG2JGAuaRzy4ESuojKsVa1aoFYGW6bLxJNwsdIK0Rna
    It's not entirely necessary, but it makes the fight a lot easier.
    Last edited by Garretdejiko; 2013-09-29 at 04:52 PM.

the trick is having the felhunters never face the pitlord. even if they turn for a sec to reposition themselves they have a chance of dispelling the enslave.

Deleted
    Be sure to soulshatter right before he starts to channel doggies too. This will hopefully result in him aggroing the PL before he starts throwing chaos bolts at you during the doggies

why dont you go to the thread with 100 pages instead of making a new one?

Thanks for all the feedback guys! All your advise really helped a lot on my micro-managing (I have terrible ADHD so this fight is hard for me as I can get too distracted). I got past the felhunter phase and pushed the boss to 4% before I realized that I had run out of potions to cleanse doom, so I know I can probably down him today.

Quote Originally Posted by adezero View Post
    why dont you go to the thread with 100 pages instead of making a new one?
    I don't usually spend a lot of time on the forums, so I didn't know there was one. But thank you for informing me. I'll go see if i can find it later when I actually have time.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aherooffools View Post
    I got past the felhunter phase and pushed the boss to 4% before I realized that I had run out of potions to cleanse doom, so I know I can probably down him today.
    What's your item level right now? I got my Kanrethad kill at ilvl 513 without using any consumables (no flask, food, or cleansing potions). Total fight length was probably around 5 minutes. On my final, successful attempt, he was dead before a second felhunter phase could happen, and I never had to release/re-enslave the pit lord.

As has been said countelss times, this fight is totally doable at lower gear levels (and of course 513 is pretty mediocre for 5.4, but I'm a casual and it's an alt), but past a certain point some of the recommended preparation for this fight just becomes overkill.

Edit: Also, if you're able to push him that low (4% is just over 1.25 million HP) before Doom kills you, assuming the second fel hunter phase isn't coming soon (or has already happened), the pit lord can easily finish off about 2 million of Kanrethad's health by itself (it doesn't despawn when you die, and you can even control it -- while dead -- to use charge/breath on cooldown at that point because you don't need them as tactical cooldowns anymore). If you've soulstoned yourself beforehand, I'm assuming you can let the pit lord finish him off and pop back up when he's about to die to trigger the ending sequence. I was thinking about trying to pull off a cheap win that way myself before I surprised myself and stopped making mistakes.
    Last edited by Kaeth; 2013-09-30 at 07:44 PM.

Make sure you are re casting enslave demon around 4mins in. Look at your wipes, are they all around 5 mins? Mine were, it wasnt because of the felhunter dispell, it was the enslave demon wearing off.

In my experience that dispel has an infinite range and ignores LoS, despite what other people claimed whenever I tried to use pillars or distance to avoid the dispel it failed 100% of the time.

The best thing you can do is just park your pit lord to one side and stand on the other, when the felhunters come out hit them with aoe to instantly agro them to you and keep their back to your pitlord.

You have to hold your ground here. Moving is tricky. If you even try to backpedal the felhunters will do that weird 180 to reposition their hitbox and if they turn around for even half a second they WILL eat the buff.

So the solution is to just not move, save all your cooldown for this phase and don't forget you can siphon from your pitlord.

The damage can be nuts with three felhunters and a rain-o-fire ticking on you but if your good you can instantly kill a felhunter and just use your cooldowns to survive the rest. Make sure you clear yourself of DoTs before this phase starts.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-09-30 at 07:45 PM.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    The damage can be nuts with three felhunters and a rain-o-fire ticking on you but if your good you can instantly kill a felhunter and just use your cooldowns to survive the rest. Make sure you clear yourself of DoTs before this phase starts.
    All three can be taken down in 6 or 7 seconds with mostly T15 LFR-level gear. Hold onto your embers from the last imp phase, stand right in front of the portal (with the pit lord somewhere behind it) spamming it with RoF before the puppies spawn, havoc the first, chaos bolt the second, shadowburn them, and chaos-shadowburn the third. After a few tries it should be routine.

If you're specced into Soul Leech, you'll absorb more than half the damage they have a chance to inflict on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still tweaking my strategies with this, but what I found out to be the crucial part of the encounter is the felhunters. Make sure that the felhunters have their backs on the Pit Lord and DO NOT MOVE. More importantly, make sure that you don't have the debuff (Seed of Terrible Destruction) that causes the void zone to spawn underneath you as it will screw things up and get the Pit Lord dispelled!
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only loosely related to this topic, I want the Annoying Imp as a battle pet.

10+ Year Old Account

warlock green fire quest

Does anyone have any help and advice with this please? I get up to the part where Kanethrad summons the three fel hunters and I can get him down to about 74% health.

Thing is, how do get rid of aggro enough to prevent the fel hunters from breaking the enslave demon on the pit lord whilst avoiding the shadow bolt.

It's annoying where I send the pit lord away far enough so i don't lose control, but even then I still get overwhelmed by the fel hunters and lose control.

I have checked out a load of videos and forums online but they were all pre patch nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    the felhounds dispel in a cone in front of them. i died dozens of times on them due to not knowing this (and having 460 ilvl pvp equipment ...).

1) after interrupting the cataclysm before the felhound phase send your pet right or left of the portal.
    2) use soul shatter so the boss is busy and stand on the other side of the portal (left or right).
    3) place some rains on the portal to get the aggro. they should instantly face you ignoring the pet.
    4) pop all cds and havoc to burst them down before cataclysm starts again.

dispel yourself before the phase starts! nothing worse than an annoying imp ...

with this tactic i had no problems with dispels.

Deleted
    Thread: Green Fel Fire Last boss.....
    Thread: Greenfire boss question
    Thread: 5.4 - Green Fire Quest
    Thread: Green Fire Questions!
    Thread: green fire quest chain need help

There you go, the last 2 are maybe pre 5.4, had no closer look. Cheers.

10+ Year Old Account
    brilliant, i'll give this a go! thank you

Why don't make one of these old threads sticky so that nobody needs to post a new thread when they want to discuss it?

Deleted
    Actually if go look in the stickies there is a collection of all helpfull threads which aren't marked as sticky:

If you make every interesting thread a sticky you simply would lose any chance to stay on top of things.

As an update to those who helped me with the posts, I'm at an ilevel of 510 now and I still can't kill him, even pushing 120k dps. I don't think I've ever been so frustrated in my entire time playing WoW as I am right now.

Deleted
    Dont give up I think i had around 30-40 wipes on him before getting him down. i was only at 512 ilevel. Try to use an intellect flask that does help a little on your dps.