Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    For heroic, a DPS spec + Death Siphon helps.
    I've beaten the gastric bloat "enrage" every week up until now. So I don't see it being a spec problem. Not to mention my edit says that I just dropped to normal and almost died to that. He has twelve million less hit points on normal. I was doing 345k on a normal kill and almost died. Which is why I believe something is wrong.

So for 5.4 both set bonus don't enough to pick up. For those focusing on soloing is it better to just ignore set pieces and go directly for Ordos drops? I dont do normal raids so seems Ordos and a few timeless isle 535 gear is the way to go.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=72057

DK set bonuses

Tank (Blood):
    2-piece Bonus: Every 4 Heart Strikes, Rune Strikes, Death Coils, Soul Reapers, or Blood Boils will add one charge to your next Bone Shield.
    4-piece Bonus: Dancing Rune Weapon will reactivate all Frost and Unholy runes as Death Runes, and make your next 2 Death Strikes free.
    DPS (Frost + Unholy):
    2-piece bonus - Killing Machine and Sudden Doom grant 500 Haste or Mastery, whichever is highest, for X sec, stacking up to 10 times.
    4-piece bonus - Death Coil increases the duration of Dark Transformation by 1.5 sec per cast. Pillar of Frost increases rune regeneration speed by 100% while active.

Deleted
    I went to DS, killed Morchok and Yor'sahj very easily, but got destroyed by Zon'ozz.
    I lasted 1mn56 before he killed me. I had no idea what was going on there, he spawned a ball that got "absorbed into the Maw of Go'rath" and increased his damage.
    What I am supposed to do here ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    So for 5.4 both set bonus don't enough to pick up. For those focusing on soloing is it better to just ignore set pieces and go directly for Ordos drops? I dont do normal raids so seems Ordos and a few timeless isle 535 gear is the way to go.
    Think you're over-estimating the difficulty for Flex raiding which can provide slots that aren't covered by Ordos.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    I went to DS, killed Morchok and Yor'sahj very easily, but got destroyed by Zon'ozz.
    I lasted 1mn56 before he killed me. I had no idea what was going on there, he spawned a ball that got "absorbed into the Maw of Go'rath" and increased his damage.
    What I am supposed to do here ?
    I believe when the ball hits the walls, it causes an explosion that knocks everyone into the air. You need to bounce the ball into Zon'ozz, which will increase the damage he takes, helping you beat the enrage timer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Criptos View Post
    So I just did LK25H for the week, I've been soloing it for months and months now. I normally don't even see my HP drop below 70% @ 542 ilvl. Usually only moves a decent amount in Double Defile, but this week he was WRECKING me. I nearly died a couple times, 1 was a stupid infest I didn't pay attention to, but the others was just really hard hits. It def didn't feel like normal.

EDIT: MYSTERY SOLVED, I switched specs and forgot to put on a presence. I'm kinda impressed with myself, that I actually killed him like that.
    I have something for you

dKZGkaGAjuv7ckPTbQMPeQYCHsnBvCtjuY3af7eQ2lz3uz)cPFkfnmvPXjGBlvnubAWsWWvPoKeQ0PHCmj6CQIfQsS ujuXIvjz5u1dLqPEkYYKkphyIqjMQsMSIMUOlkHIRck1ZuW1fQnkfUmQnRQ2UeYVP4XsAAk03vj1Nb5sGsgnLA8uIo PqClO4Ac68sPxtjCyL6VusRsTeT1sPiGOsSoIvyWA5ROErtrtTezzZ)hWPWl7e128)bCQgycF66c0faE3lC4VWmaxF mJbeb4ZpOb5srxAUwnlwfVIPXsKNHqg3Q9Mfb5nX3ICX9lpccI9aHxkcnff0Za2vzGOJzp1sK3CyTe1hFsKwkvQueB 592n5PUOuuvlHxQLO2M)pGtHJziegSctNO0JGGyVwIQXG00BnBVzrGCNXarixrShW6IOyhxe7sr740ikgWwJDOuxev JbPP3QnAYIsuppvkYMrq2PWhcfDm7PwI8MdRLO(4tI0sPsrXa2QJlI96kLIMiW9z3s5UAbqeSQI8meY4wT3Siu14eT JtJUseAk6YXyMrle0Za2v5OfIunorw28)bCkCmLdIUgntBHpekYf3V8iii2deEPOjd2zSFNSUiAIa3NDBKQXjkIlz) FxzSJunoa20nFowXcVtBlCii706LJXmd6za7QSOQXCMMRD6kLcVtlrte4(SBPCxTaicwvrw28)bCkCmLdI8meY4wT3 Siu14e128)bCkCmdHWGvy6e5I7xEeee7bcVu0oon6krPhbbXETe529mqlHxk6YXyMrle0Za2vzLIQXG00B1gnzrjQN NkfDnAM2cFiueAk6YXyMrle0Za2v5Of21ev0o5PiBgbzNcFiu0ebUp72ivJtuexY()UYyhPACaSPB(CSIfEN2w4qq2 P1lhJzg0Za2vzrhZEQLOyaBTE2aGUiYBoSwI6JpjslLkvQu4dAjAIa3NDlL7QfarWQkYZqiJB1EZIqvJt0XSNAjYBo SwI6JpjslLkvkQT5)d4unWaV7P755f(yy4B5t4G(yghfzzZ)hWPWhEfLEeee71seYve7bSUiQgdstVvB0KfLOEEQu0 oon6krOPiy7SnN2Ofc6za7QC0crQgNOjd2zSFNSUi6A0mTf(qOixC)YJGGypq4LISzeKDk8Hqrte4(SBJunorrCj7) 7kJDKQXbWMU5ZXkw4DABHdbzNwHTZ2CAd6za7QSsHpQLOjcCF2TuURwaebRQilB()aof(WRipdHmUv7nlcvnorTn)F aNQbg4DpDppVWhddFlFch0hZ4OixC)YJGGypq4LI2XPrxjk9iii2RLi3UNbAj8srW2zBoTrle0Za2vzLIQXG00B1gn zrjQNNkfDnAM2cFiueAkc2oBZPnAHGEgWUkhTWUMOI2jpfzZii7u4dHIMiW9z3gPACII4s2)3vg7ivJdGnDZNJvSW7 02chcYoTcBNT50g0Za2vzrhZEQLiV5WAjQp(KiTuQuPsHhQLOjcCF2TuURwaebRQipdHmUv7nlcvnorhZEQLiV5WAj Qp(KiTuQuPO2M)pGt1ad8UNUNNUWUXWW3YXr9XmokYYM)pGtHJjmuu6rqqSxlrixrShW6IOAmin9wTrtwuI65Psr74 0OReHMIA4nGmAHGEgWUkhTqKQXjAYGDg73jRlIUgntB1y8PlmWWBGaDpLbgFF1hZimICX9lpccI9aHxkYMrq2PWhcf nrG7ZUns14efXLS)VRm2rQghaB6MphRyH3PTfoeKDATH3aYGEgWUkRu4W1s0ebUp7wk3vlaIGvvKLn)FaNchtyOipd HmUv7nlcvnorTn)FaNQbg4DpDppDHDJHHVLJJ6JzCuKlUF5rqqShi8sr740OReLEeee71sKB3ZaTeEPOgEdiJwiONb SRYkfvJbPP3QnAYIsuppvk6A0mTvJXNUWadVbc09ugy89vFmJWicnf1WBaz0cb9mGDvoAHDnrfTtEkYMrq2PWhcfnr G7ZUns14efXLS)VRm2rQghaB6MphRyH3PTfoeKDATH3aYGEgWUkl6y2tTe5nhwlr9XNePLsLkvkCy0s0ebUp72fBzk c3eTqqpdyxLJwyxtur7KNfxrEgczCR2BwuYwMIk(XGe9BfvSlg8vXuCeLEeee71seYve7bSUiYT7zGwcVu0LJXmJwi ONbSRYcVteSD2MtB0cb9mGDvw4dIA4nGmAHGEgWUkRuungKMER2Ojlkr98uPOQ5y8Aj8s1iamHppJDbEhHx(gyeg9X eoi8b1iWZBz3qx37i8aHDLW1ht4GsrxJMPTAm(ugoecZl8aDpWlF60hZyOi0ueUjAHGEgWUklYf3V8iii2deEPilB( )aovdmWlF6gc8cd8aLHWa)bU(ygFezZii7unG)muoaVmeo8aLbgEh1hZ4JOJzp1sK3CyTe1hFsKwkvQuuBZ)hWPWXm meIv4DLHb6Ehk7cvQuurcVC89vPea
    It's a beautiful weakaura that shows everything about your presences.

Deleted
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is that long list of seemingly random characters? :$

I believe when the ball hits the walls, it causes an explosion that knocks everyone into the air. You need to bounce the ball into Zon'ozz, which will increase the damage he takes, helping you beat the enrage timer.
    Yes, check videos of dk soloing zon'ozz, prot paladins ignore the ball cause they just have overpowered survival, we can't yet (maybe in mionelol's dps gear, but not most of us), so we basically bounce the ball every 8-10 stacks, as much as you can handle, to reset stacks, you just let the ball hit him.

So he doesn't do that much damage any more, plus he takes 40-50% more damage from you, and so on.

Someone aware on how will it be possible to skip valithria in 5.4 without engineering?

credits: Supernerd

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Yes, check videos of dk soloing zon'ozz, prot paladins ignore the ball cause they just have overpowered survival, we can't yet (maybe in mionelol's dps gear, but not most of us), so we basically bounce the ball every 8-10 stacks, as much as you can handle, to reset stacks, you just let the ball hit him.

So he doesn't do that much damage any more, plus he takes 40-50% more damage from you, and so on.
    I doubt a protection paladin without 540+ gear could do it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Olafski View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is that long list of seemingly random characters? :$

It's a weak aura that shows info about your presence. He posted it, because I ended up killing LK 25H this week without any presence on after switching specs. (something that I forget fairly often, sad enough as it is after playing DK since ulduar)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post
    Someone aware on how will it be possible to skip valithria in 5.4 without engineering?
    There is analog to goblin glider easily obtainable on Timless isle. If the bag would still exist (and there is no indication it will be patched yet) you will be able to perform glider trick without engeneering profession.
    Or you can simply save 11/12 normal on your alt.

Deleted
    Hey everyone could i get a hand on the reforge priority for a blood dk in dps gear for soloing?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tandestoker View Post
    Hey everyone could i get a hand on the reforge priority for a blood dk in dps gear for soloing?
    It depends on the encounter. Generally, Haste/Crit > Mastery > everything else.

You should only consider mastery reforges on certain fights, like Saurfang, Halfus, or Morchok. Critical strike is superior to haste for pure damage*, but haste also improves your ability to survive (more Death Strikes) and so is generally preferred over critical strike.

*See the discussion on this a few pages back.

Edit: As Kraeth mentioned, it goes without saying that Hit and Expertise capping takes precedence over everything else.
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2013-08-16 at 09:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It depends on the encounter. Generally, Haste/Crit > Mastery > everything else.

You should only consider mastery reforges on certain fights, like Saurfang, Halfus, or Morchok. Critical strike is superior to haste for pure damage*, but haste also improves your survival (more Death Strikes) and so is generally preferred over critical strike.

*See the discussion on this a few pages back.
    Eh. I know what you mean, but for clarity's sake hit and exp cap > what you said.

Finally killed 25reg LK last night on my DK (502 ilvl on my DPS set). Moving soon to a more active server so hopefully I can pick up some regular gear instead of LFR. Otherwise I will have to wait for SoO before I try 25H LK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnmen01 View Post
    Finally killed 25reg LK last night on my DK (502 ilvl on my DPS set). Moving soon to a more active server so hopefully I can pick up some regular gear instead of LFR. Otherwise I will have to wait for SoO before I try 25H LK.
    You already can reach an ilvl ~530 without entering a single normal raid.
    Depends on how long/much you are playing your char, of course.

okay makes senes then, thanks!

Halfus Wyrmbreaker 25 man Heroic youtube.com/watch?v=MtbLiluZiLQ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psychodelia View Post
    Halfus Wyrmbreaker 25 man Heroic youtube.com/watch?v=MtbLiluZiLQ
    That was a surprise for me. Holy shit that's impressive. Congratulations