I'm ready to solo LK 25 heroic on my alt DK.

What's the stat itemisation for max dmg output as blood?

Thanks
    Last edited by Shibuya; 2013-10-20 at 04:51 PM.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibuya View Post

Thanks
    Full critical strike reforges.

Hey guys, I'm having a problem with Ultraxion 10N (just care about the mount).
    A little bit after the first HoT, he'll just blow up on me.

I've watched multiple videos of solo kills, and it doesn't look like anyone's doing anything special.
    I'm sitting at 550 on my dps gear, way ahead of enrage, and he hits me for nothing.

I'm actually soaking HoT (AMS absorbs it all, not that my HP is ever in danger).

Does anyone have any clue as to what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Rho View Post

I've watched multiple videos of solo kills, and it doesn't look like anyone's doing anything special.
    I'm sitting at 550 on my dps gear, way ahead of enrage, and he hits me for nothing.

I'm actually soaking HoT (AMS absorbs it all, not that my HP is ever in danger).

Thanks in advance!
    Are you using the button thing for Fading Light? I believe it's insta-death if it hits you, you have to be in the normal realm to avoid it. Only thing I can think of, I manage it fine at 520 ilvl.

Thanks in advance!
    Sounds alot like you let Fading Light expire. You should read the in-game dungeon journal about Ultraxion to know more about his abilities. Also I recommend using Cata's DBM for the Fading Light warning and timer. Without addons it's very easy to miss one and it's an instant wipe.

sorry for asking this but reading through the posts regarding that matter didnt give me a clear answer..

so i've got "thoks tail whip" from flex, as well as normal "gaze of the twins" and the primordius trinket, both upgraded to ilvl 530. i'm currently using thok + primordius trinket but i'm not sure if this would be the best combination.

thanks

Thanks in advance!
    He was even easily doable with ~500, so it is probably the Fading Light. It's a debuff that onehits you when it runs out, so just use your button 1-2sec before it runs out.

I totally forgot about fading light >.<;

The saddest part is, I looked at the DJ and it wasn't rining any bells, and I've cleared DS on heroic while it was current content...

Thanks guys <3
    Last edited by Rho; 2013-10-21 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    sorry for asking this but reading through the posts regarding that matter didnt give me a clear answer..

so i've got "thoks tail whip" from flex, as well as normal "gaze of the twins" and the primordius trinket, both upgraded to ilvl 530. i'm currently using thok + primordius trinket but i'm not sure if this would be the best combination.

thanks
    Thoks + primordius

Quote Originally Posted by Shibuya View Post

Thanks
    Basically the same stats / gear / gems you have for 2-hand Frost - which is a focus on Crit.

I've cleared DS on heroic while it was current content...
    So now clear it again :>

Hey guys,

Im verry new when it comes to solo old raid content that gives big challenge. Normally i just had fun with old raids like BT and Sunwell, but after reading this i just wanted to test what i could do ^^ so i went for the shadowmourne quest line. I could solo everything pretty easy till i came to festergut. I couldnt do it alone so a friend of mine came to help me. Now im on the other quest part where i need to kill putricide.
    But here is where it goes wrong, i cant get the DPS out of the blood specc (enrage when i have putri on around 15-20%). I dont have pro gear i must say (ToT LFR gear), but i was wondering where i need to focus on, DPS gear in Blood specc? I just ask this because i saw a video on youtube from a guy that could do it easly before the enrage timer and he did it 9 montths ago, so probably he will have the same gear as me.
    Can you give me tips when it comes to specc, talents, gear wise
    Last edited by Vulpturius; 2013-10-21 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomisno View Post
    So now clear it again :>
    I wish I had time! I have a lot of fun soloing stuff, but I already spend enough time on heroic progression, alts (doing flex AND normals) and farming vanity items all around azeroth to put in more time...
    That said, while I do have the mount from H DW, I never got the Blazing Drake, so I'll probably go up the ladder and face DW in normal at least

I just went in and steamrolled Ultraxion. I guess I was too used to hitting the button when DBM yelled at me me to that I didn't even remember what was it for.
    Thanks again guys!

The Patient
    A warlock soloed Zor'loc and Ji'kun, when will we do these bosses? What about Megaera?

Will have to check Ji-Kun at some point, but I heavily doubt we have near enough DPS, you need something absurd. And Talon Rake would probably kill you at some point anyway.

Talon Rake reset might be possible with getting out of range but that just further reinforces the DPS issue. Next expansion for mount farming I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    A warlock soloed Zor'loc and Ji'kun, when will we do these bosses? What about Megaera?
    Zor'lok is impossible for dks coz of MC, did it 4 months ago.
    http://da.twitch.tv/fnx1337/c/2430106

Envy - Kazzak EU (www.envy.si)
    MY DK

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Will have to check Ji-Kun at some point, but I heavily doubt we have near enough DPS, you need something absurd. And Talon Rake would probably kill you at some point anyway.
    I wouldn't be too surprised. As far as I can tell her "enrage" is just to spam quills forever, so just survive to that point and it might be fine. I'd considered trying it by just doing nests for 10 minutes before attacking her, but I really couldn't be bothered finding a group to clear to that just to try a theory out.

Gave it a few attempts, I actually think it will be doable, if not already, but I honestly cba with this shit fight

Her enrage is indeed to just spam quills, however this is a more powerful version of quills that deals 70-80k damage per second instead of 40k per second (aka it's still outhealable - barely, but outhealable.). And she casts it non stop, no interruptions for anything else. No more downdrafts, no more melee attacks or talon rake, just quills spam.

On the other hand, nests keep spawning even during enrage, so even if it was doable to survive (at best I lasted 1min30-2 mins into 'enrage' I think) it'd be tremendously long since you would still have to keep doing the nests. Best attempt somewhere around 60% or so (57% according to fraps), I barely touch the boss..

I considered just surviving til 8min~ or so then ignoring completely eggs, but there's no way you can survive the spam from juveniles+enraged quills - at the very least, not as a DK. The enraged quills by themselves are barely outhealable as it is.

Nest List:

1- Lower
    2- Lower
    3- Lower
    4- Upper
    5- Upper
    6- Upper
    7- Lower
    8- Lower
    9- Upper + Lower
    10- Upper
    11 - Upper
    12 - Lower
    13 - Lower
    14 - Upper + Lower
    15 - Lower
    16 - Upper + Lower (she goes berserk at the same second she activates those nests)
    17 - Upper
    18 - Upper + Lower
    19 - Lower
    20 - Upper + Lower
    21 - Upper
    22 - Upper + Lower
    23 - Lower
    24 - idk, but I suspect it's going to be always the same 4 repeating during enrage
    If enraged quills ever becomes outhealable then this becomes a breeze (easily cheesable if you think 2 seconds about it) but so far, not happening IMO.

edit: after giving it more attempts:

But I'm barely touching the boss at all, this won't work (boss was on 77% :x). Doubt this will die for DKs before next xpac, would love to be proven wrong. Maybe with BiS tank gear. I didn't try reforging/regmming or anything though considering that this felt way out of reach anyway, but maybe....
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2013-10-22 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Full critical strike reforges.
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Basically the same stats / gear / gems you have for 2-hand Frost - which is a focus on Crit.
    So we go for full crit ? Or is Str still a priority as compared to Crit?
    I am doing very low dps as a Blood DK. I did only 78k on Beth'tilac on FL10 Normal.

Note: I'm still trying to get more DPS gears to replace my tank gears. So don't mind the tank gears.
    www<dot>askmrrobot<dot>com/wow/gear/usa/barthilas/k%C3%BCn

This is my link to my dk.
    Last edited by Kuns; 2013-10-22 at 04:39 AM.