Would anyone be interested in a frost DK soloing bosses in heroic firelands?

Was in there last night, after killing alytrazor for chance at the mount, I decided to try some other bosses. I killed heroic rhyolith after a couple tries. Moved on to attempts on heroic beth, got her down to 3 million. She is absolutely hard though. If you guys are interested, I'll be posting a video of the rhyolith kill (once I get enough posts to submit links >.<).

Quote Originally Posted by scholozon View Post
    Would anyone be interested in a frost DK soloing bosses in heroic firelands?

Was in there last night, after killing alytrazor for chance at the mount, I decided to try some other bosses. I killed heroic rhyolith after a couple tries. Moved on to attempts on heroic beth, got her down to 3 million. She is absolutely hard though. If you guys are interested, I'll be posting a video of the rhyolith kill (once I get enough posts to submit links >.<).
    Go for it; I'm sure people would be interested in hearing if something that's soloable as Blood can be done faster in a DPS spec if the ilvl required isn't too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Go for it; I'm sure people would be interested in hearing if something that's soloable as Blood can be done faster in a DPS spec if the ilvl required isn't too high.
    Well actually, even as frost, you can't just zerge these bosses. You have to balance your runes between DPS and heals (Death Siphon w/ death runes). I ended up healing around 3.5 million with death siphon alone. I think I had 30 ish death siphons, which used up being 30 death runes.

Personally, I think it's more interesting seeing what can be solo'ed as frost, because typically people solo content as blood.

Here is my heroic rhyolith video as frost. I would love to see what other people can do in terms of frost solo'ing. Switch back from blood and post those videos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeO0z...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by scholozon; 2013-12-07 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scholozon View Post
    Well actually, even as frost, you can't just zerge these bosses. You have to balance your runes between DPS and heals (Death Siphon w/ death runes). I ended up healing around 3.5 million with death siphon alone. I think I had 30 ish death siphons, which used up being 30 death runes.

Personally, I think it's more interesting seeing what can be solo'ed as frost, because typically people solo content as blood.
    Went into firelands heroic as frost some weeks ago and killed aside from the trivial alysrazor also Rhyolith hc and Beth hc.
    While Rhyolith is abit more of doing it right to not have high gear requirements, beth was really annoying, the dmg can be healed relatively well with SoO normal, maybe even flex gear but eats alot of your dmg. The important part is 10% where she will go down regardless of her energy and the adds down will just blow you up instantly.
    The savest and only really working method to kill her there is pulling her to the outer edge of her web and wait on cds, break 10% place beforehand a SR and run with her while bursting the last 10% down so that she dies upon reaching the ground, which might require a btter chunk of gear but doable with SoO normal stuff.

Shannox is generally not doable as frost, as rageface doesn't want to accept you as atank and facerages you to death. Might work as UH if you pet crits for atleast 30k but Shannox dmg is really high and will require SoO hc gear, atleast a good bunch of it. (would atleast assume that)
    Baleroc the same, you're no tank to him, so you get shards which alone do high dmg but also increases your magic dmg taken and you will die on the second shard/first blades.

Didn't try Staghelm so far, the gear requirements should be not too low, dpending on how fast the adds die on hb cleave it will be doable or not. Raggi is just a dmg race so just a gearcheck which should be high on heroic, but didn't tested it too so far, normal raggi should not be a problem.

Frost soloing in general is a bit meh, as it will only work on high gear to get death siphon heals up to the needed amount and newer bosses decide what a tank is on spec not on whom he is hitting so Frost will get way more problems with mechanics which blood just skips.
    Good example is Ultraxion here, as blood you get 1 fading light, as frost 2 with different timers, as he puts 2 on non tanks, and as they have different timers, you have to time your button so, that the cd is off for the second debuff, which you can't really survive with being stunned for up to 5 seconds.

oondasta 89% /flex

i dropped the sunder stacks twice btu i think this is some RNG on dodges/parries so using DRW at the proper time can help

but hey ive seen some of thsoe 400 man groups once upon a day do worse than that

Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    oondasta 89% /flex

i dropped the sunder stacks twice btu i think this is some RNG on dodges/parries so using DRW at the proper time can help

but hey ive seen some of thsoe 400 man groups once upon a day do worse than that
    The biggest problem is probably that she gets increasing dmg over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Oondasta is not a female
    Now ''she'' is.

Deleted
    I could not find a topic where this got already discussed.
    With the new Expansion the primary item slots and set bonuses are dependent on the primary spec you currently have.
    Does that mean that Tank DKs with DPS Gear (I guess most of you use this combination) will not be possible and we might lose a good chunk of soloing Raids/challenging content capability (Still the best for raids etc.)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Oondasta is not a female
    Latin ending -a defines a word to be female (There are exceptions, though)

Quote Originally Posted by Satsu View Post
    With the new Expansion the primary item slots and set bonuses are dependent on the primary spec you currently have.
    Does that mean that Tank DKs with DPS Gear (I guess most of you use this combination) will not be possible and we might lose a good chunk of soloing Raids/challenging content capability (Still the best for raids etc.)?
    My guess is it will indeed be worse than it is atm, but DPS gear still has sec stats that will give the +damage. However, it will mostly be half tank gear and will reduce our damage quite a lot :/
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

I don't think theres enough information to speculate. Best to just wait and see when the Beta arrives.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomisno View Post
    Latin ending -a defines a word to be female (There are exceptions, though)
    Is Oondasta a Latin word though?

OT: I too fear for our soloing capabilities. They said the item squish would not affect soloing, but they never said that about this itemization thing... Then again, as Vladimeir says, perhaps we should wait a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Olafski View Post
    Is Oondasta a Latin word though?
    I was just trying to be a smartass, you win

I guess soloing will be way more boring since it seems like our survival increases while the dps goes down. Which means, bosses take a lot of gear to fall (due to enrage) but aren't much of a challenge with that high gear. Just a guess, but let's see what beta tells.

EDIT: And Warlocks etc might be the better solo-ists ;_;

mionee didnt you say you tried lei shen?

because i did the math and if you drag him away from conduit every time your stacks reset and tank him away till you cant take the dmg anymore, then yuo could make the fight last like 25-30 minutes (assuming you survive transitions) and in p3 99 stacks is the max, which is still not a ton on the tank on 10n with a 20% nerf

if i get a lockout im tempted to try soloing him until the first transition (then likely wiping horribly at 64% since ill have msot things 2x lvled up)

It's been quite a while, but I tried Lei Shen, too and the big problem was that thing when tanks ought to taunt. It just hits too hard at 90. Will be, however, a cake fight at 100.
    Not sure if that was Mione's problem, too, or if it can be survived with soo hc gear, nc. Also doesn't he have an enrage?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomisno View Post
    It's been quite a while, but I tried Lei Shen, too and the big problem was that thing when tanks ought to taunt. It just hits too hard at 90. Will be, however, a cake fight at 100.
    Not sure if that was Mione's problem, too, or if it can be survived with soo hc gear, nc. Also doesn't he have an enrage?
    Lei Shen does have an enrage but you weren't likely to live to see it when it was current because of the increasing raid damage during the last phase.

Deleted
    Soloed Lei Shen till transi 1 as monk and here are the main issues :

1) All pylon lvl 3 (except the boucing ball one), even if I just move the boss close to the pylon every 15 secs because of increasing lightning damages.
    2) CD rotation on Decapitate. Also the boss hits for 200k melee with the debuff.
    3) Died because of adds on first transition, even if I failed the bouncing ball pylon upgrade lvl2. There're too much anyway.
    4) 15 minutes enrage timer, I reached 14 mins during the switch to transition.

The Thunder King shall probably not fall before next Xpac. I doubt he'll survive for a long time though.
    The survival challenge remains very interesting.
    Last edited by mmocfe2a18639c; 2013-12-09 at 10:54 PM.

ignore for some reason comp restarted and did a double post 3h later

- - - Updated - - -

would be about a 316k dps check single target to beat a 15 minute enrage (13.5m of actually attacking him)

im just throwing out crazy ideas here but, say you used a 549 dark animus trinket (the dodge one that procs 11.3k mastery up to 3 stacks) and you were tanking like 50 adds, thus keeping the trniket at full stacks of +34k mastery. this would give you like 500%+ mastery even in dps gear, prettymuch a capped blood shield every DS

Oondasta sounds to be closest to swedish 'Ondasta' - which is pronounced as you would with 'Oo', and is meaning something like "the most evil".
    (Also Blizzard has used alot of scandinavian words in their npc namings)

For the gendering an -a suffix is almost the definition of female words / names in most european languages, so its most indeed most likely that it is a she.

Here is the most recent information from the blues. According to Crithto only the primary stats on armor pieces (head, shoulders, chest, legs, gloves, belt, boots, and bracerses) would change and only str/int/agi will be considered as primary. So there will be almost no change at all - we would still be needed to gather prim armor with suitable stats and secondary items (trinks, weps, ring) for dps spec.

So I just finally got around to starting the (long) farm for Invincible... realized today I had never done regular 25 on this toon so I had to knock that out and tomorrow I'll start on heroic attempts. Wondering how much harder is it to survive heroic, or is it just a matter of putting out enough dps?

For reference I stood on the stairs to avoid orb knockback, and stood in defile, as far as adds I just let them beat on me til AoE/cleave killed them. Anything else I need to know for attempting heroic, I've watched some videos but they're just music no talking or tips it seems.