Maloriak 25 man heroic youtube.com/watch?v=9OyhN9AOwJc

so anyone and their mother will be able to solo cata content on down on any setting without any problem? kinda pisses all over soloers

i guess the prestige next expansion will be entirely in MoP and current content soloing

Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    so anyone and their mother will be able to solo cata content on down on any setting without any problem? kinda pisses all over soloers

i guess the prestige next expansion will be entirely in MoP and current content soloing
    On the bright side, you'll be able to amass a stock of gold from soloing 25H Cataclysm raids!

(Unless the 100g/boss drops, not counting vendoring stuff, is also nerfed).

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    On the bright side, you'll be able to amass a stock of gold from soloing 25H Cataclysm raids!

(Unless the 100g/boss drops, not counting vendoring stuff, is also nerfed).
    The 100g drops will most certainly be nerfed, though loot might stay the same as it has since, well, from the launch of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    The 100g drops will most certainly be nerfed, though loot might stay the same as it has since, well, from the launch of the game.
    I was referring to the fact that you get 130 pure gold or so from the boss itself. Of course the loot will stay the same :P
    Also, Doomwalker and other easily soloable 25-man TBC content dropped 500g+ in WotLK, so we can hope. . .

I was referring to the fact that you get 130 pure gold or so from the boss itself. Of course the loot will stay the same :P
    Also, Doomwalker and other easily soloable 25-man TBC content dropped 500g+ in WotLK, so we can hope. . .
    Soloing Cata 10man HC atm is pretty good gold aswell. 80Gold each boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    For more overused and misunderstood terminology in MMOs, see: Pay to Win, Casual, Hardcore, Carrot on a Stick, Ganking, Trolling

The gold will probably get nerfed. They nerfed the gold from TBC raids because everyone could easily solo them. This change will make it just as easy for any pre-MoP raid so I'll assume they'll nerf gold again.

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    Hey guys,

Got Elegon down finally - it was absolutely faceroll using the 85% transition, however I am having a couple of issues reaching the 50% transition instead. I don't mind spending ~28m a week on it using the 85% but the 50% one would definatly speed it up. Unfortunatly my dps gear is still 10 ilvls below my tank gear (585 vs 575), and with either set, combinations, different reforges and what not, the best % I have been able to get at berserk cast is 54%. Any tips to increase my dps on this? Out of curiosity, do you reset stacks twice per ghoul (once at start and once before it expires) or just once for a little bit more vengeance? Surviveability seems to be a non issue resetting twice, but haven't given it a try with once. I got pretty close to dying once when he decided to crit-oneshot my ghoul in last phase making me unable to reset stacks so I'm abit wary giving that a try.
    Also, sometimes I summon ghoul to reset stacks and I see it whacking boss so start running, but boss still randomly decides to grip my ass back, any idea what is causing this?
    Any tips are appreciated, I could grab some logs/stream a kill next reset if that would help.
    Would still appreciate some input on this!

It's pretty hard to give any input since most of the readers/posters haven't gone for Elgeon solo :P Since you got him down with the 85% transition tac I don't think there's any way you can make it shorter. Ghoul getting crit is just bad rng and there's nothing you can do about it. Altough, 54% is close, but you must take into consideration that maybe that pull you had good rng with crit. If you can bring him that low often, then it might be doable.

Hey guys,

Got Elegon down finally - it was absolutely faceroll using the 85% transition, however I am having a couple of issues reaching the 50% transition instead. I don't mind spending ~28m a week on it using the 85% but the 50% one would definatly speed it up. Unfortunatly my dps gear is still 10 ilvls below my tank gear (585 vs 575), and with either set, combinations, different reforges and what not, the best % I have been able to get at berserk cast is 54%. Any tips to increase my dps on this? Out of curiosity, do you reset stacks twice per ghoul (once at start and once before it expires) or just once for a little bit more vengeance? Surviveability seems to be a non issue resetting twice, but haven't given it a try with once. I got pretty close to dying once when he decided to crit-oneshot my ghoul in last phase making me unable to reset stacks so I'm abit wary giving that a try.
    Also, sometimes I summon ghoul to reset stacks and I see it whacking boss so start running, but boss still randomly decides to grip my ass back, any idea what is causing this?
    Any tips are appreciated, I could grab some logs/stream a kill next reset if that would help.

Having soloed it a few times at 580 ilevel before the item upgrades, I can't relate - I've sometimes had to stop DPS for as long as 2:30 because I've hit the ~56% mark there around. With that said I'm not even sure how you've managed to enrage it at 85% while staying alive and not phasing it.

My advice would be to just play a little more 'recklessly' and take more stacks. Another thing you could try is start the fight at 99 stacks and tank it with CDs for as long as possible - should result in a pretty decent DPS gain with Army and Lust on the pull. Also, if you have access to Galakras' Eye, you can use the Army trick to eek out more Army DPS in phases 1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesa View Post
    Having soloed it a few times at 580 ilevel before the item upgrades, I can't relate - I've sometimes had to stop DPS for as long as 2:30 because I've hit the ~56% mark there around. With that said I'm not even sure how you've managed to enrage it at 85% while staying alive and not phasing it.

My advice would be to just play a little more 'recklessly' and take more stacks. Another thing you could try is start the fight at 99 stacks and tank it with CDs for as long as possible - should result in a pretty decent DPS gain with Army and Lust on the pull. Also, if you have access to Galakras' Eye, you can use the Army trick to eek out more Army DPS in phases 1 and 2.
    First, EEoF doesn't do the CDR for Blood.

Second, how are people soloing Elegon again, forcing the Enrage thereby skipping the transition and final phases?

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post

Second, how are people soloing Elegon again, forcing the Enrage thereby skipping the transition and final phases?
    If you trigger a transition during berserk cast, he skips it

I can get him to 53-56 consistantly, its just that little bit more I miss. As for surviving while waiting for 85% (and im waiting like 7? minutes..) I just heal of the adds, can continue to dps them while they are channeling their explosion, I never am below 60% hp, its really easy actually

Thats the thing, I oneshot it every week now, the waiting around is very very annoying though, and I feel I should be able to squeeze that little bit extra dps and shorten it by 10 minutes, my last kill took 28 minutes, it takes forever..

Starting the fight with high amount of stacks does sound like something that might do it. Also I seem unable to kill more than a single wave of orbs during the first transition, getting 2 waves down would surely do it. I stand under the boss, put death and decay up just before spawn, make sure I have runes ready and spam blood boil to spread diseases to all 6, they die before reaching pillar, however that 2nd wave doesn't die before pillars spawn, do I lack disease dmg and should I gem more strength?

edit: Vereesa - I don't even have 580, I mainspec blood, I do have reasonable dps gear but as I am still upgrading tank gear, its 10 ilvls lower (575). 588 weapon, normal skeers (never had a heroic drop unfortunatly) + heroic thoks as trinkets.

edit2: stupid of me not to think about this earlier - do you use chillblains for slows on the orb waves? is it worth ditching DA for that?
    Last edited by falagar112; 2014-06-13 at 03:30 PM.

slows don't work on the orbs.
    are you using DRW and pots during the orb waves?
    Last edited by bals; 2014-06-13 at 03:49 PM.

You start in Frost, summon army, switch trinket after the cd has already started and been reduced, switch spec back to blood, start encounter. (Don't forget to reapply presence.)

Solo Majordomo Staghelm 25 man Heroic Lol youtube.com/watch?v=PVPEy4vbxFI
    Last edited by inssane; 2014-06-14 at 12:14 AM.

Hrm, going to have to look through the last 20 pages or so for an Elegon video then to see how it's done. Was under the impression that my DK isn't geared enough for the fight but sounds to me that 570 might be doable.

Hrm, going to have to look through the last 20 pages or so for an Elegon video then to see how it's done. Was under the impression that my DK isn't geared enough for the fight but sounds to me that 570 might be doable.
    Or you could go to Mione's YouTube channel
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2014-06-14 at 01:58 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by inssane View Post
    Solo Majordomo Staghelm 25 man Heroic Lol youtube.com/watch?v=PVPEy4vbxFI
    Now that is really amazing - you outheal 600k+ Vengeance for a few minutes! I recall there being a discussion earlier about 25H Majordomo where even Magdalena said that it would be unlikely to outheal the berserk that long, but you did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Now that is really amazing - you outheal 600k+ Vengeance for a few minutes! I recall there being a discussion earlier about 25H Majordomo where even Magdalena said that it would be unlikely to outheal the berserk that long, but you did it.
    its pretty easy with the animus trinket to outheal vengaence cap if you have enough trash mobs on you to keep 3 stacks

Or you could go to Mione's YouTube channel
    Couldn't remember if Mione had posted a video or not.