I always used the cannon to kill Axe Throwers / Cannon people.

My aim with the cannon was terrible with the Axe throwers, I left the rocket launcher guys in the back alone though, their damage seemed more negligable than the throwers. The way I dealt with the throwers was by landing ontop of them with the Jetpack.

btw, is there any possible way to solo "Been waiting a long time for this" 10 man? Aside from Portal Jockey, it's the only achievement I need for the Frostbrood Vanquisher.
    Last edited by susaku; 2013-04-22 at 01:59 PM.

Special thanks to Katana Angel for the lovely signature, check out the other things, at "Request a Signature" thread.

Hello everyone

I came here after hearing that LK25 hc is now soloable with a decently geared dk, and I am currently in the process of gearing mine up at the moment. She is currently only ilvl 481 and just got into the new LFR raids, so I need a few questions answering before I do LFR on a weekly basis.

First off, after reading through the majority of the posts on here I believe I am correct in saying I should go full out dps gear? If this is correct does this also include tier sets? Or should I go for the tanking set? Forgive me if I am asking a silly question here but I only started playing and gearing my dk because of mount soloing opportunities and would like to be reassured by people who know what they are doing.
    As well as tier, what about trinkets? I am presuming dps trinkets for better dps output?

Finally, what would be the minimum ilvl you would suggest I try Lk25 hc with? I only raid with my main which is a druid and don't plan on doing normals or hcs on my dk, only LFR.

Having LK25hc finally become soloable is amazing for me because the one mount ive always wanted since I saw it was invincible, but never raided back in wrath and have never seen it drop in pugs. So any advice you guys could offer would be brilliant! ^^

Thanks in advance!

@susaku: There are various post discussing soloing "Been waiting a long time for this" on pages 45 & 46 of this thread.

@Serelean: You'll want to be in full DPS gear (including Tier and trinkets) in order to beat the enrage timer until you are sitting at probably 520+ iLevel unless you want to game Vengeance.

LK25H has been done at 495 iLevel, maybe a little lower even but depending on how skilled you are with a DK I'd recommend an iLevel of 500-510.

I would recommand you to wait to be at least at ilvl 500 for LK 25 hm.
    I am currently at 495 with a 483 Shin'Ka, my best attempt was 33% at enrage, and I still get killed after the first transition because I get Silenced and Infested
    Abyssal Maw when Blizzard cancelled it.
    Over the Mists, WoW like you've never seen it before !
    Quote Originally Posted by Tseric
    Can't help it. Posting impassionately, they say you don't care. Posting nothing, they say you ignore. Posting with passion, you incite trolls. Posting fluff, you say nonsense. Post with what facts you have, they whittle down with rationale. There is no win. There is only slow degradation.

Ok thanks for the quick reply guys! Really Appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    I would recommand you to wait to be at least at ilvl 500 for LK 25 hm.
    I am currently at 495 with a 483 Shin'Ka, my best attempt was 33% at enrage, and I still get killed after the first transition because I get Silenced and Infested
    A 502 weapon would help tons (not 23% tons, but still).
    A bad weapon can mess you up completely, so 500+ with as good a weapon as you can get your hands on should be able to do the trick.

I take it the enrage on 25 LK Hc is only doable at low ilevel ( 495-500 ) if I stay in fully for the transition phases? Do I just let the Raging Spirits die from aoe or focus them down as they spawn?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I take it the enrage on 25 LK Hc is only doable at low ilevel ( 495-500 ) if I stay in fully for the transition phases? Do I just let the Raging Spirits die from aoe or focus them down as they spawn?
    Yes you have to stay inside, though once you're 520+ you might be able to just go outside, with lower gear no chance.
    And yes you ignore all adds, you tunnelvision dps LK all the way to 10%, the sole exception are ice spheres (I personally use a macro to deathcoil them, as that guaranteed oneshot them, unlike BB)

How exactly do you do Chimaeron? I understand the concept of stacking blood shield for double attack, but when and why are you suppose to use Death Siphon? Do use it in place of death strike, alternate, or what? I can't seem to survive very long one way or another. Got it to 17% with a friend, got it to only 49% solo. I would like to know a detailed strategy for it if someone would be so kind to help me. Would like to farm Ashkandi.

I have 508 ilvl, only 491 Shin'ka though. Originally tried it with around 87% blood shield, reforged to 113% and seem to be doing even worse now. I really feel like I should be able to do this and don't quite understand what's going wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyN View Post
    How exactly do you do Chimaeron? I understand the concept of stacking blood shield for double attack, but when and why are you suppose to use Death Siphon? Do use it in place of death strike, alternate, or what? I can't seem to survive very long one way or another. Got it to 17% with a friend, got it to only 49% solo. I would like to know a detailed strategy for it if someone would be so kind to help me. Would like to farm Ashkandi.

I have 508 ilvl, only 491 Shin'ka though. Originally tried it with around 87% blood shield, reforged to 113% and seem to be doing even worse now. I really feel like I should be able to do this and don't quite understand what's going wrong.
    I had a lot of problems with the boss too, I'm at 502 dps gear, but my mastery felt too low, so I switched 2 pieces out (head&shoulders) for tank tier - and that helped a ton actually. I can fairly comfortably bring him to phase 2 now, but just.. die there, feels like I am doing something wrong. Brought another DK and that made the fight faceroll we just alternated between 2 break stacks and that was it.

Not exactly sure what the deal is with p2, with 4 break stacks I can't top myself before p2 hits, and even with DRW and army I still get quite a few hits and die before I kill him :/

As for death siphon, I too checked videos and saw people use it so I specced into it, but do not seem to be using it a lot over DS, but it did save my life a few times when I only had 1 death rune up and was below 10k hp, so I suppose it's more of an ohshit button than something you want to use in your rotation/over a DS

Quote Originally Posted by TroyN View Post

The point of Death Siphon is that it's just enough to bring you back over 10k HP (the threshold for the robot thingie) with only one rune instead of two. On single, regular attacks, you can survive just fine using one DSi only.
    On double attacks, you can use DS + a random cooldown, be it VB or bone shield or whatever. Or no cooldowns at all if you happened to dodge the previous attack and are already sitting on some good amount of health/blood shield.
    If you're used to it, go for Blood Tap as well, more death runes, but I did fine without it.

You can also try to hope for the best and just whittle him down using only DS and very rarely DSi, but I don't recommend this unless you massively outgear it.

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    I had a lot of problems with the boss too, I'm at 502 dps gear, but my mastery felt too low, so I switched 2 pieces out (head&shoulders) for tank tier - and that helped a ton actually. I can fairly comfortably bring him to phase 2 now, but just.. die there, feels like I am doing something wrong. Brought another DK and that made the fight faceroll we just alternated between 2 break stacks and that was it.

Not exactly sure what the deal is with p2, with 4 break stacks I can't top myself before p2 hits, and even with DRW and army I still get quite a few hits and die before I kill him :/

As for death siphon, I too checked videos and saw people use it so I specced into it, but do not seem to be using it a lot over DS, but it did save my life a few times when I only had 1 death rune up and was below 10k hp, so I suppose it's more of an ohshit button than something you want to use in your rotation/over a DS
    Use Lichborne+DRW to top yourself off before p2. Break reduces your healing done, not taken, and DRW heals count as an external source.
    Last edited by Mionelol; 2013-04-22 at 08:39 PM.

(How) can i solo Valithria Dreamwalker?

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    (How) can i solo Valithria Dreamwalker?
    1. Search Thread.
    2. Enter "Valithria" and click Search.
    3. Read the dozens of times that someone has already asked this question.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/search.p...rchid=52592927

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    1. Search Thread.
    2. Enter "Valithria" and click Search.
    3. Read the dozens of times that someone has already asked this question.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/search.p...rchid=52592927
    this url links to nothing
    I take these repeated questions as a hint that I need to give more info on some specific bosses.

For Valithria, you want to equip as much stamina gear as possible, get two fast low level weapons (level 1 whites do the trick, or thunderfury, whatever), get close to valithria, and attack.
    do not put diseases or the mobs will die too quickly, just spam heart strike in there. you should always be attacking something.
    spam vampiric blood on cooldown.
    your kill priority should be suppresser > lich > blazing skeleton > rest.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Big Wigs: Defeated 'Madness of Deathwing' after 55 Min 10 Sec.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MY HEART
    (note: I'm actually lying because I didn't have bigwigs. but the combat did last 55 minutes ;<<< aaaaaaah)
    What are the gear requirements? Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    this url links to nothing
    It works for me. Are you sure you're clicking it right?

Is it possible to reset Gluth with the banner thing? Cant get him down as Unholy.. Perhaps I should try as frost.

Edit: Didn't work as Frost. What was your ilvl when you did it on 25 Mione? I'm at 504 and sustain around 100k-110k dps as UH/Frost single target on him and I just cant for the love of god get him down.
    Last edited by Asrialol; 2013-04-22 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    It works for me. Are you sure you're clicking it right?
    It doesn't work even for me, says the page doesn't exist.

@gluth question: I don't know the item level she did it with, but according to my calculation you will go nowhere with 120k dps, you should need 198k dps for all the time to beat the enrage, unless I'm missing something.

My calculation was:

-22k dps requirements to kill him on 10-man in 8 mins, as in just as the enrage hits.
    -66k dps to deal as much damage on 25-man as you do on 10-man in 8 mins, as in like 3 millions damage done to him, because zombies should heal him 3x as much.
    -198k dps to deal all the 9 million damage required to kill him on 25 instead of 3 millions, in 8 mins.
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2013-04-22 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Is it possible to reset Gluth with the banner thing? Cant get him down as Unholy.. Perhaps I should try as frost.

Edit: Didn't work as Frost. What was your ilvl when you did it on 25 Mione? I'm at 504 and sustain around 100k-110k dps as UH/Frost single target on him and I just cant for the love of god get him down.
    Around whatever the BiS level of pre-patch was, 513 something?