Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena View Post
    Heroic Domo? No, I think it's still too high of a DPS check, not to mention everything hits a lot harder- I was about a minute away from berserk using DW Frost centric gear. Lets say you reforge fully to Crit- keep in mind that you'll be taking a lot more damage too- you could shave maybe a minute or two off on 10H. On 25H, it's just too much health to put up with.
    I might try some of the 25N bosses in Firelands next week though.
    Ah, that's too bad. I remembered that 25N Majordomo had been soloed in 5.3, so I thought 25H might be doable now. It seems that he has almost thrice the 25N health on 25H though~

That being said, why Critical Strike and not Parry? Parry would also help you outheal the enrage a bit longer, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    If you have any of the Phase 1 adds alive when you enter Frostmourne you will die. Solution: Kill all Phase 1 adds before Phase 3. If you're specced for Roiling Blood the damage from it, disease application/refreshing and Dead & Decay is all you really need.
    Curiosity, when did this happen?

It wasn't this way last time I solo'd lk a couple months ago. The shambling horrors just waited for me until I escaped.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post
    Curiosity, when did this happen?

It wasn't this way last time I solo'd lk a couple months ago. The shambling horrors just waited for me until I escaped.

The Drudge Ghouls kill you, not the Shambling Horrors.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    The Drudge Ghouls kill you, not the Shambling Horrors.
    Then I am mistaken. I've never made it to phase 3 with any of the phase 1 adds alive so just assumed any phase 1 add would kill you if you entered Frostmourne.

That being said, why Critical Strike and not Parry? Parry would also help you outheal the enrage a bit longer, right?
    It would help against melees, sure. But it wouldn't be optimal for maximising DPS output, which is something we would care greatly about when faced with a boss that has such a large health pool.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    i assumed everyone did this, i did this at 560 adnw as 2 mintues from berserk. just stand in 1 spot and attack

i didnt even aoe any for kittens, just let like 20 build up for the max parryhaste so i was doing like 60k dps from pure auto attack and had infinite runic
    Christ that is actually insane. Also I edited your quote to "kittens" because I take offence by your statement.
    EDIT:
    Heroic Domo? No, I think it's still too high of a DPS check, not to mention everything hits a lot harder- I was about a minute away from berserk using DW Frost centric gear. Lets say you reforge fully to Crit- keep in mind that you'll be taking a lot more damage too- you could shave maybe a minute or two off on 10H. On 25H, it's just too much health to put up with.
    I might try some of the 25N bosses in Firelands next week though.
    I honestly believe that he is soloable on any class that scales well with his enrage vengeance. I did him on 10HC on my 570 druid and I honestly could have survived his berserk indefinitely, barring brain farts and dumb mistakes. Getting to that point is annoying and the recording would be like 30 Gigs in size, so I don't really want to try.
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2014-01-07 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    I honestly believe that he is soloable on any class that scales well with his enrage vengeance. I did him on 10HC on my 570 druid and I honestly could have survived his berserk indefinitely, barring brain farts and dumb mistakes. Getting to that point is annoying and the recording would be like 30 Gigs in size, so I don't really want to try.
    Sure, that logic works with any boss whose Enrage you're capable of surviving. I'm specifically referring to Blood here though- none of our mitigation scales with Vengeance at the moment, so it doesn't look as if we'd survive 25H Domo long enough to beat him down.
    It'll be interesting to see how 6.0 changes affect soloing given that they don't want the item squish to disrupt it, and that "DPS" stats like Crit and Haste will play a much more active role in our defences.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?

Yeah, people have tried, and they barely made it to Phase 2 solo. The DPS requirement is ridiculously high, something like 700k+, which is impossible even with the +50% damage buff that you get.
    its like 600k or something wchih isnt totalyl nuts with the damage buffs but still not soloable unless you find a way to kill like 5 waves of adds each time, which with big enoguh diseases and a nice pestilence might be possible but probably not, dont recall their health on 10 man nerfed normal but perhaps if you let your stacks get super super high from never resetting, and left the add on you, you could get some big vengeance like 200k and just pesilence some waves of adds since it would take like 2 ticks of each disease to kill with that vengeance

It would help against melees, sure. But it wouldn't be optimal for maximising DPS output, which is something we would care greatly about when faced with a boss that has such a large health pool.
    no on domo parry is absolutley better than crit beacuse of all the parry haste from adds

thats probably how i beat enrage by 2 minutes at 560 with full tank gear, like 60k+ dps from parryhaste

i had pulls on 25H yorsahj with his adds where i did the math and with an average of 10 adds or something, i was doing over 100k dps with melee autoattack at 70k vengeance, all parryhaste

there is some mathematicall cutoff where crit > parry if youre taking less than x melee swings per second, and parry > crit if youre taking more than x amount of melee swings per second, its differant depending on the gear and encounter but im pretty sure 5+ melee attacks per second like domo means parry wins, probably lower than that even
    Last edited by onemanaleft; 2014-01-07 at 07:29 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, regarding this, I have a question that doesn't apply only to soloing. Why is Parry any different from Critical Strike with Riposte? Is there some conversion factor or something that makes Parry inferior to Critical Strike for Blood DPS (not counting parry haste)?

Yes, regarding this, I have a question that doesn't apply only to soloing. Why is Parry any different from Critical Strike with Riposte? Is there some conversion factor or something that makes Parry inferior to Critical Strike for Blood DPS (not counting parry haste)?
    Parry and Dodge are 3/4th the value of Crit for purposes of Crit Rating when Riposte is active. On fights where you don't Parry or Dodge, such as Lei Shi, they're worthless for dps.

Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    no on domo parry is absolutley better than crit beacuse of all the parry haste from adds

thats probably how i beat enrage by 2 minutes at 560 with full tank gear, like 60k+ dps from parryhaste
    I'll have to recheck my own math on the matter (haven't realistically done so since pre-MoP), so it's possible you're right. Are you saying you beat 10H's enrage timer by 2 minutes with a full Parry build? How hard was he hitting at the time? Were you constantly kiting to avoid magic damage?
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

Deleted
    Me and Mionee did bladelord together this morning and we can both confirm it's impossible to solo, if you find some way to reset stacks, berserk will wipe you (If you can push p2 before berserk, you might have a chance)

On another note, I got really bored this morning, took forever with 15-20k vengeance.

Deleted
    Hello,

A small quetsion : is it possible to do ragnaros in firelands without being ingeer ? I cannot find a way to deal with the traps... Tried with noggenfogger elixirs but it's to random, not enough proc chance to be reliable

Deleted
    Sure, that logic works with any boss whose Enrage you're capable of surviving. I'm specifically referring to Blood here though- none of our mitigation scales with Vengeance at the moment, so it doesn't look as if we'd survive 25H Domo long enough to beat him down.
    It'll be interesting to see how 6.0 changes affect soloing given that they don't want the item squish to disrupt it, and that "DPS" stats like Crit and Haste will play a much more active role in our defences.
    Yeah. In 6.0 all vengeance should affect survivability anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    Me and Mionee did bladelord together this morning and we can both confirm it's impossible to solo, if you find some way to reset stacks, berserk will wipe you (If you can push p2 before berserk, you might have a chance)

On another note, I got really bored this morning, took forever with 15-20k vengeance.
    Is it possible to solo all faction leaders in lfr and crafted gear ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    Me and Mionee
    *Mionee and me. Stay polite.

@ Puffler: It def is, I tanked Varian when we did some mini-sw raid for the lulz with our guild a few days ago. ~535 DPS gear, the only damage I took was from other players who couldn't kill us Every 85 could survive these bosses I guess
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

Quote Originally Posted by bistrot View Post
    Hello,

A small quetsion : is it possible to do ragnaros in firelands without being ingeer ? I cannot find a way to deal with the traps... Tried with noggenfogger elixirs but it's to random, not enough proc chance to be reliable
    Are you talking 10N Ragnaros? I don't have experience with higher difficulties as I'm quite an inexperienced soloer, but for traps, you simply never trigger them. You just let them stay there indefinitely and don't move into that spot. You can just move slightly to the left or right whenever he uses the trap, and you beat Phase 1 way before you're in danger of running out of space. Starting to the left or right of Ragnaros means the traps take up almost no real estate you might actually want later in the fight.

I'll have to recheck my own math on the matter (haven't realistically done so since pre-MoP), so it's possible you're right. Are you saying you beat 10H's enrage timer by 2 minutes with a full Parry build? How hard was he hitting at the time? Were you constantly kiting to avoid magic damage?
    i stood perfectly still for 8 minutes

i had about 60k vengeance max. i was dropping in health some btu it wasnt from melee it was from having like 10 pools stacked on top of each other, all the add proccing scent of blood made it easy to heal the magic dmg tho, i think lowest i dipped ever was like half, never needed to use IBF or pet sac at all or anything

Quote Originally Posted by Nomisno View Post
    *Mionee and me. Stay polite.
    Mione and I to be proper

@ Puffler: It def is, I tanked Varian when we did some mini-sw raid for the lulz with our guild a few days ago. ~535 DPS gear, the only damage I took was from other players who couldn't kill us Every 85 could survive these bosses I guess
    Yeah, Faction Leaders have been soloable the last two expansions in end-game gear so I'm not all that surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Salivanth View Post
    Are you talking 10N Ragnaros? I don't have experience with higher difficulties as I'm quite an inexperienced soloer, but for traps, you simply never trigger them. You just let them stay there indefinitely and don't move into that spot. You can just move slightly to the left or right whenever he uses the trap, and you beat Phase 1 way before you're in danger of running out of space. Starting to the left or right of Ragnaros means the traps take up almost no real estate you might actually want later in the fight.
    You're right in that you don't want to trigger them but barring very high DPS you will still need to trigger some to give you room to handle kiting the meteors. What you can do for the initial set is to drop them in the lava where Ragnaros is since you will never actually need to go into that area for Normal mode. On Heroic you will have to pop every trap lest you run the risk of roots/ice patch spawning in a trap. With that in mind the only non-engineering solution I can think of would be using the highest ilvl parachute cloak effect in game which I believe are the cloaks sold by Sha'tari Skyguard which certainly isn't worth the huge stat loss, legendary cloak or no.

there is no need for a parachute @ raggy.
    it takes some practise but you can trigger a trap whenever he casts the darksimable knockback. if you have the right timing you get knocked up by the trap, but before you go up high he knocks you back and you land savely with 0 or low fallingdmg. did that with the first few traps on my hc kill vid.
    also try to always trigger 2 traps at once

also high dps + stacking them at the edge of the room should work too for non heroic since there is still plenty of room to kite meteors
    Last edited by Raegwyn; 2014-01-09 at 06:23 PM.