Page 81 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blasted through the rest of NG+ and started up NG++. I was hoping I could use my Soul Memory or previous Great Souls in my Inventory to bypass the Shrine of Winter and get to the Chancellor so I can polish off the last 3 Achievements, but sadly that was a no go. It wasn't a speedrun, but I did manage to pick up 3/4 Great Souls in a little over an hour.

Thus far NG++ hasn't really seemed different from NG+. I expected more Red Phantoms, but I haven't noticed anything different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Blasted through the rest of NG+ and started up NG++. I was hoping I could use my Soul Memory or previous Great Souls in my Inventory to bypass the Shrine of Winter and get to the Chancellor so I can polish off the last 3 Achievements, but sadly that was a no go. It wasn't a speedrun, but I did manage to pick up 3/4 Great Souls in a little over an hour.

Thus far NG++ hasn't really seemed different from NG+. I expected more Red Phantoms, but I haven't noticed anything different.

Yeah NG++ just few extra red phantoms not much difference except more dmg and more defense and hp of course.

But to be honest you shouldn't rush it to NG++ because the new DLC coming after few days and it will not be good idea to start the new DLC as NG++ haha. :P just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Yeah NG++ just few extra red phantoms not much difference except more dmg and more defense and hp of course.

But to be honest you shouldn't rush it to NG++ because the new DLC coming after few days and it will not be good idea to start the new DLC as NG++ haha. :P just saying.
    I thought about that too, but the character I took into NG+ & NG++ was my Achievement Hunter character. I have 2 other "max" characters (Sorcerer and Dual Wield Katana/Whip-Dex Build) and 1 character half-way through the OG game. I should be alright...although part of the reason for the new character is to do all the new DLC *before* fighting Nashandra to see if that changes the ending at all, or provides an extra scene. Its doubtful, but you never know.

As a sidenote, I was thinking about doing a "Bloodborne-Build". I was thinking Crossbow in the Left Hand and Axe/Halberd in the Right. It bothers me not having a shield, but on the last few playthroughs I noticed I wasn't really blocking much since I had roll timing down pretty well. The shield is almost like training wheels so I wonder if its time to take them off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just read that the 3rd DLC is delayed until the 30th. Was looking forward to it being tomorrow and had my little Sorceress all ready to Crystal Spear bad guys... =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Just read that the 3rd DLC is delayed until the 30th. Was looking forward to it being tomorrow and had my little Sorceress all ready to Crystal Spear bad guys... =(
    Whaaaat ! really?....god damn it I was hoping it will be released at 24th because at 2nd of October I have to travel for 10 days...oh well that means I will have to play it for few days before I travel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got around to the newer DLC (started a new playthrough with a friend and wanted to do it with her). It was better than the first

I felt like the areas were much better designed and more beautiful. The beginning was breathtaking. I almost fell off the chain because of all my ogling. The normal enemies were roughly the same but I enjoyed the bosses a lot more. They were the right mix of challening and cool and hip. Apparently we missed a boss but we did Sir Alonne and Fume Knight. Funny story about Fume Knight: an invader killed me so I wanted to save an effigy and kill a boss to revive. I decided to try Fume Knight and...well, it took me 2 hours. Hosts kept dying (and yes, I died a few times as well). Hard boss!

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Fume Knight also REALLY hates it if you come in wearing Velstadt's armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best easter egg EVER. Apparently Alonne also hates it when you get a flawless victory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Fume Knight also REALLY hates it if you come in wearing Velstadt's armor.
    haha yup did it in my playthrough. It's in fact if you wear his helm only. I was wearing the full set but from my knowledge it's the helm only that makes the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    So speaking of Fume Knight, I got to him last night with my Sorcerer and could not beat him. After about 1.5 hours of beating my head against the wall I called it a night since frustration had set in. But its been really irksome in the DLC that my magic is essentially useless. Basic enemies take about 3-4 casts to kill which is a huge drain on resources. For the Fume Knight himself, Great Lightning Spear did 19 damage a hit and Soul Spear did 241. A swing from the Moonlight Greatsword did ~300. My Dex character did way more damage with a bow, which is even more frustrating.

Also, while I'm "fuming" (pun intended), the spells themselves have been a real let down. Pretty much every one of them just hits WAY too soft. Some of the "bigger" spells have too big of a wind up and do virtually no damage. I had thought Soul Geyser was going to be epic, but instead it has a long cast that causes it to wiff most of the time and does pitiful damage for a single cast top-of-the-line spell. Overall I feel like the spellcasting usefulness is primarily centered on a few utility spells. You would probably be better served by just upgrading the Pyromancy flame and being a Pyromancer rather than devoting all the Attribute points in Int & Fth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well after about 220 Hours spent in DS2, I'm finally about done with it. I'm anxiously awaiting the last piece of DLC before officially hanging up the gloves though.

One of the things I've been thinking about a lot recently is the impossible space issues presented in the game that weren't there in DS1. The more I thought about it the more it bugged me until I had a thought that help resolve the issue for me. The theory I came up with is simply...the game does not take place in a land governed by the laws of reality.

The game opens with you, an undead, being lead to a set of ruins. The fireflies awaken which seems to trigger some sort of portal. The reflection of a bone-encrusted door opening is seen in the reflection of the lake, but not in "reality". From within the door's reflection a whirlpool appears which the undead dives into. After this he awakens in Things Betwixed which is most clearly above water level despite diving into water. Regardless of interpretation, the undead has clearly been teleported.

Drangleic itself is a fallen kindgom that was supposedly built by Golems on top of previous kingdoms. Changes in architecture between areas reflects different remnants from different kingdoms, but why do both the buildings and enemies of old still exist? Wouldn't more current kingdoms have wiped them out and built atop them?

My theory is that the "undead curse" has been "cured" in the current timeline (intro cinematic). That cure came in the form of sending all undead to an alternate dimension or pocket plane. The goal of the Firekeeper is to guide any undead to the gates to remove them from the world.

Now, to answer the question about architecture. I think that sometimes the undead population gets out of hand and entire areas have to be sent off to this alternate dimensions. If you look at the areas, most tend to be holding facilities for the undead, places that might have existed to house a large population of undead. So you end up with these entire regions existing and haphazzardly connecting themselves in this world where the rules of reality are very thin.

Another point to consider...no one in the game you meet is alive. Everyone is an undead. The Emerald Herald is the closest thing to being a living being, and yet she is admittedly a "construct" or sorts. The Firekeepers are also not "human", though their relationship to the world is questionable at best. In fact the only people depicted in the game as being "alive" are the Mother and Child depicted in the intro Cinematic.

Of course like most in Dark Souls this is subject to interpretation and I doubt we will receive confirmation of anything, but this theory has at least helped me get over some glaring design issues that may or may not have been intentional.

10+ Year Old Account
    <===PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT===>

Last dlc is out, let the burnout begin!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    <===PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT===>

Last dlc is out, let the burnout begin!

My Pyromancy flame is burning strong, my Greatsword rests on my shoulder, and a 12-pack of Estus in the cooler. Its go time. >: )

The last encounter is such bullshit. -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratwurstbratgeraet View Post
    Quite an argument we got here.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Last encounter of what? The main game? How is it bullshit? You knock down the wisps that give off AoE Curse, pop a lifegem to counter the small Aura damage, and just circle strafe to victory (backing off for her Point-Blank AoE). The only bullshit thing is that you can't get off a full weapon combo...no big deal. And if you do get cursed, put a Human Effigy on your quick belt slot. If you really want to cheese it, just ignore all that and buy a ranged weapon and pelt her from afar (while circle strafing).

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god the first boss of the new DLC looks amazing. I think this is the best DLC so far.

Chelly
    I love the Ivory King Ultra Greatsword. So good to catch people off guard with its 2h moveset.
    Also pretty nice damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    I love the Ivory King Ultra Greatsword. So good to catch people off guard with its 2h moveset.
    Also pretty nice damage.
    I use it too since it was changed to Strike Damage.

Last encounter of what? The main game? How is it bullshit? You knock down the wisps that give off AoE Curse, pop a lifegem to counter the small Aura damage, and just circle strafe to victory (backing off for her Point-Blank AoE). The only bullshit thing is that you can't get off a full weapon combo...no big deal. And if you do get cursed, put a Human Effigy on your quick belt slot. If you really want to cheese it, just ignore all that and buy a ranged weapon and pelt her from afar (while circle strafing).
    ...of the Ivory King DLC obviously! The Design on it is simply stupid, because DS2 AI is bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Oh my god the first boss of the new DLC looks amazing. I think this is the best DLC so far.
    I was so disappointed when I realized the invisibility was just a gateway and not an actual mechanic in the boss fight. Would be so nice to fight a boss based on audio cues.

...of the Ivory King DLC obviously! The Design on it is simply stupid, because DS2 AI is bad.
    Wait until you meet the kitties.