Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    But no flat-out ban, which the UK has.

And since when does Germany have that strict a ban?

Which is four times less than America. The point stands emphatically.
    Firearms are not banned in the UK, only handguns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post
    Privately owned race cars aren't required to be kept at a secure location.
    Mainly because they're predominantly safe. But that's why cars can go fast.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

StayTuned, if people are debating, it means people care, surely?
    People would debate religion like crazy if it would be allowed. It still doesn't change the fact that we could simply have one Gun Violence Megathread. Take a look at all gun violence threads since new year and see for yourself. They are basically copies of each other.

Just because people debate doesn't mean that the debate is actually productive in any way.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why this came up again. There wont be any new laws against guns with a Republican House. Get over it. There stands the same chance of any new gun control as abortion being banned. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mainly because they're predominantly safe. But that's why cars can go fast.
    Haha guns are predominantly safe too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinxp View Post
    love how non americans constantly feel the need to put their would be speaking german if it werent for the americans noses into our business.
    There is so much wrong with that sentence I dont know where to begin. So I will say only two words for you to think about, "Soviet Union".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    People would debate religion like crazy if it would be allowed. It still doesn't change the fact that we could simply have one Gun Violence Megathread. Take a look at all gun violence threads since new year and see for yourself. They are basically copies of each other.

Just because people debate doesn't mean that the debate is actually productive in any way.
    Why should debating on a World of Warcraft message board be "productive"? I'm enjoying it, others are enjoying it. There is a megathread already but it's too heavily American-focused, so inevitably non-Americans will go elsewhere.

Haha guns are predominantly safe too.
    No, each gun is designed for killing. A "safe" gun is one that is non-functioning. Guns are inherently dangerous.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.

Deleted
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Isoroku Yamamoto

Really awesome quote
    And fake.......

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Isoroku_Yamamoto

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    There is so much wrong with that sentence I dont know where to begin. So I will say only two words for you to think about, "Soviet Union".
    In that case, they would be sitting behind a iron curtain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    AK-47s aren't illegal.
    Yes they are, unless you pay through the nose for a fully automatic ATF licence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should debating on a World of Warcraft message board be "productive"? I'm enjoying it, others are enjoying it. There is a megathread already but it's too heavily American-focused, so inevitably non-Americans will go elsewhere.

No, each gun is designed for killing. A "safe" gun is one that is non-functioning. Guns are inherently dangerous.
    Your logic is astounding!

I know I just read

Deleted
    Restricted so heavily as to make it VERY difficult for law abiding folks to get one.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 01:37 AM ----------

I'm willing to bet more people die every year racing cars than people do at gun ranges.
    Not really, you cannot be denied a shotgun licence if you have a clean criminal record, for anything else you just need a good reason. Hint, target shooting is a good enough reason, just join a gun club.

If that's how you are going to argue against me, you have already lost. GoT is very much capable of having very productive discussions.

I mean, just take a look at this thread and what it has become. Right now the OP is not even relevant at all anymore to the discussion. Murder in Chicago? Naw, bro. Let us first talk a bit about the congress, then automatic weapons, then a little bit about Britain's gun laws, compare some homicide statistics, etc.

Where did I see that already... mmh.. ah, yeah. In the previous 100 gun threads in the last 30 days.

It's legal to race cars. Racing cars doesn't kill 11k people a year. Guns are designed to kill, and do.

I'm not talking about racing I'm talking about some idiot going 90 to 100 mph down the highway and plows into some mini van killing him self and a family of four

It doesn't matter what either one is designed to do the end result are the same if they are misused and they are in the hands of an idiot people can and have died
    and more have died with cars in the hands of idiots then have with guns So why are we not talking about automobile control and ban all cars that can break the law and illegally exceed the speed limit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    If that's how you are going to argue against me, you have already lost. GoT is very much capable of having very productive discussions.

I mean, just take a look at this thread and what it has become. Right now the OP is not even relevant at all anymore to the discussion. Murder in Chicago? Naw, bro. Let us first talk a bit about the congress, then automatic weapons, then a little bit about Britain's gun laws, compare some homicide statistics, etc.

Where did I see that already... mmh.. ah, yeah. In the previous 100 gun threads in the last 30 days.
    Cool. Then simply don't go into these threads. I find plenty of threads meaningless but I don't insist on some arbitrary "productivity" standard and then insult the posters in a thread who are enjoying the debate.

I'm not talking about racing I'm talking about some idiot going 90 to 100 mph down the highway and plows into some mini van killing him self and a family of four
    That's why it's illegal. But cars transport people, so their primary purpose is useful. Guns kill people.

You shouldn't confuse tools for weapons. Do you think surgeons are all sadistic savages who cut people up? No. It's a false equivalency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, you cannot be denied a shotgun licence if you have a clean criminal record, for anything else you just need a good reason. Hint, target shooting is a good enough reason, just join a gun club.
    Is self defense a good reason?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    why do we have cars here in America that can go over 100 mph when the highest legal speed limit is 80? so why do you need a car to do 100 plus mph more people each year are killed by speeding then guns
    are you then inherently dangerous for owning a car that does over 100 mph
    why hasn't the government force auto manufactures to put governors on cars so they cant go over 80 mph do you know how many lives that will save
    1. Where is the highest legal speed limit 80? Your 3 lane ass?
    2. You can use anything as a lethal weapon, even a pencil, doesn't mean pencils are going to be banned and governed.
    3. Car's are built for transportation, gun's are built for killing.
    4. Comparing one thing to another to explain something is fine, comparing one thing to another in attempt to justify that one isn't as dangerous as the other is unacceptable.

Cool. Then simply don't go into these threads. I find plenty of threads meaningless but I don't insist on some arbitrary "productivity" standard and then insult the posters in a thread who are enjoying the debate.
    And I'm trying to enjoy this board in general. Gun control threads are flooding GenOT right now and are nothing more but spam. There is no constructive talk to have here. No side will ever agree to any point of the other side. That you are having fun is nice, but just like you, I can have fun spamming cat pictures. You don't see me spamming cat pictures, do you?

That's why it's illegal. But cars transport people, so their primary purpose is useful. Guns kill people.

You shouldn't confuse tools for weapons. Do you think surgeons are all sadistic savages who cut people up? No. It's a false equivalency.
    See what I mean? That's the kind of logic we have to deal with. People compare guns to cars and now you are supposed to give a serious answer. After you manage not to give a troll answer, they just refuse to accept logic. And vice versa.

Deleted
    Is self defense a good reason?
    No, thats just plain being paranoid. No need to kill anyone to defend yourself.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post

It doesn't matter what either one is designed to do the end result are the same if they are misused and they are in the hands of an idiot people can and have died
    and more have died with cars in the hands of idiots then have with guns So why are we not talking about automobile control and ban all cars that can break the law and illegally exceed the speed limit
    I can kill a family of 4 easily by driving into their living room through the front door at 30mph, I think you are really misguided and should rethink the things you say completely.