Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Also, I've had the Tenth Anniversary Ruination, but how is the normal Ruination in comparison?
    I haven't seen a bottle of the anniversary release on the shelf but I'll keep my eye out (assuming I'm not too late). According to Stone, regular Ruination comes in at 7.7% (opposed to 10.8%... whee!) and uses half the hops but only loses about 10 IBUs. Should be pretty similar I'd imagine.

Guinness, Sam Adams Honey Porter

10+ Year Old Account
    Fat Tire and Old Speckled Hen and Troublette

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    I haven't seen a bottle of the anniversary release on the shelf but I'll keep my eye out (assuming I'm not too late). According to Stone, regular Ruination comes in at 7.7% (opposed to 10.8%... whee!) and uses half the hops but only loses about 10 IBUs. Should be pretty similar I'd imagine.
    Oh, it's been a while since Tenth Anniversary was out, but I've just been taking forever to try the normal one. Good luck though!

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 01:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    This is one I shall try. I'm always game to drink a new IPA.
    Oooooh, IPAs eh? Have you tried the Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA or Founders Devil Dancer Triple IPA?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, it's been a while since Tenth Anniversary was out, but I've just been taking forever to try the normal one. Good luck though!
    Doh, I just noticed its release date since posting that. I might be SOL.

Tie between Murphy's and Guinness. I generally prefer stouts. Murphy's isn't quite as bitter as Guinness, and I'm occasionally more in the mood for it instead.

I'm not that much of a beer drinker though. I'd usually rather have a good dark rum (something like Kraken or Captain Black) and coke. But when I am in the mood for beer, it's generally one of the above mentioned.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-02-01 at 02:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one I have liked recently the most is the Blue Moon Winter Abby Ale. That shit is delicious, but sadly seasonal. Otherwise usually Fat Tire or Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Stone Brewing Company is the best.
    Last edited by transorD; 2013-02-01 at 03:13 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Currently have a 64 oz growler of some leinenkugel's vanilla porter. Pretty dang good stuff if you like vanilla.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Being from Wisconsin, we have quite a few great local beers. The best i've had is hands down New Glarus Spotted Cow. If you ever are in Wisconsin, be sure to try them

I discovered a beer at my local supermarket a couple years ago.

The name is Wernestergrunnen (or something like that). It's a german beer and I'm an addict.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Magic Hat 9 (Not quite pale ale)

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I'm drunk guys and getting ready for my hockey.

GO LEAFS GO!

on 7th tallboy of molson canadian.
    haha! Fuck man, it's been months since I logged on MMO Champs and you're still here, rocking the shit out of the off topic. lol GO HABS GO

Carlsberg Special Brew

The Drink of champions, alcoholics and tramps

Oooooh, IPAs eh? Have you tried the Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA or Founders Devil Dancer Triple IPA?
    Yes, Dogfish 120 is amazing. I still prefer Stone, though. Had one tonight and it was wonderful.

A single Dogfish Head 120 is enough to put me on my ass. It's also about all I can afford to drink if I can even get my hands on one (note: Dogfish doesn't ship to Indiana anymore).

My fave are Surly Coffee Bender and Victory Prima Pils

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    A single Dogfish Head 120 is enough to put me on my ass. It's also about all I can afford to drink if I can even get my hands on one (note: Dogfish doesn't ship to Indiana anymore).
    Ouch, sorry to hear that!

Yeah, a bud of mine and I split one a few weeks back. We did have a few other beers, but damn, that one took us from unaffected to, "okay yeah that's strong stuff!" XD

Superb IPA though! EXTREMELY unique, I must say.

Anyone have the Stone Cali-Belgique IPA or whatever it's called? This: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/43905

I really want to try it...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    I first had 120m at a Brewfest in Buffalo a few years ago, some of the Dogfish guys were there and were pretty cool. I remember that a glass was like $15 in tickets but it was worth it. I have been able to find it for $10 or so a bottle since I moved out east. I've heard of a lot of people aging it, curious.