10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I think I saw the Kpop dances one a while ago too probably also linked here.

Also they said they would cover Kdramas, if I'd seen that a few weeks ago I'd probably not care for that one but now I can't wait xD maybe I'll get some good recommendations from it.

Pistol any recommendations for what to watch after Reply 1997? Ideally something like School 2015

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I just listened to that now, wow that was good.
    Yup! Was really impressed with their vocals compared to their last releases. So different but really good.

HOW CAN IRENE BE SO PRETTY!! ! ! ! !
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Stop equating casual to bad, they're two different things.
    Casual refers to time/effort spent.
    Bad refers to skill.
    Your English isn't casual, it's bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished ep 4 of Reply 1997 and got a sad scene, assuming that wasn't the scene you said hit harder than anything in school 2015 and that's in episode 5 Pistol/Listo? It was a bit sad but felt more like giving backstory than an emotional scene! Guessing this episode must have a lot of sad in it otherwise I'll be a little disappointed tbh xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Pistol any recommendations for what to watch after Reply 1997? Ideally something like School 2015
    Which parts of School 2015 would you like it to be similar to? The switcheroo thing? The whole school bullying aspect? A drama that is as suspenseful? Or just something sad?

Like I already mentioned, 'Mask' is a really good drama. There's also earlier parts of the School series. Most of them are really old, but there is a School 2013. I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard a lot about it. From what I know of it, it's way more violent. It's got a lot of really famous actors, tho.
    I might actually consider watching it this weekend, since I have nothing to do.

Just finished ep 4 of Reply 1997 and got a sad scene, assuming that wasn't the scene you said hit harder than anything in school 2015 and that's in episode 5 Pistol/Listo? It was a bit sad but felt more like giving backstory than an emotional scene! Guessing this episode must have a lot of sad in it otherwise I'll be a little disappointed tbh xD
    I feel like you might get disappointed. I may have overhyped it. Also, the scene hit me for reasons and stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does the scene involve Hoya and the thing he clearly has going on?

As or dramas, I'd say as similar to it as possible tbh but primarily sad and suspenseful. Mystery, bullying/victim kind of thing and an awesome sound track are just plus's I guess, this being the only Kdrama I've seen it's hard to say what I'd like beyond that. I can say I don't like reply 1997 nearly as much though. I'm on episode 5 and don't particularly care about any of the characters, I cared about pretty much the entire cast of School 2015. So give me a drama that is written well enough that I'll care about the characters and then forces me to watch awful things happen to them that is sad and suspenseful

Deleted
    Nope, Eunji is the only person in the scene.

Watch 'Mask'. Like, it's got most of the things you like. It's a mystery. It has suspense. The main is definitely a victim, and so is the main dude. And most of the supporting cast. Also, Hoya is even sadder in it than he is in Reply 1997. :P

'Oh My Ghostess' is also really good, but it doesn't really have the victim part. It's still a mostly suspenseful mystery. And you'll definitely end up loving every single member of the cast. Also, one of the main characters is dead, so you know that that will cause some tearjerky moments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay finished the episode, that was pretty sad. Got to see how good Eunji is at acting finally too she was really good there. Would like to see her in something like School 2015 now but she mostly seems to be in comedies right?

Is Hoya a good actor? Hard to tell in this kind of show, will watch Mask next then! Think I'll stop watching Reply 1997 here tbh, might pick it up again later though.

Deleted
    Yeah, Eunji is a comedic actress for sure.

Hoya is decent. His character in 'Mask' is definitely more emotional than in 'Reply'. He's no leading male, tho. He slurs too much when he talks. Almost got him kicked from Infinite pre-debut, actually. That, and his satoori. TBH, his speech patterns are worse than Hyoyeons. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post

Hoya is decent. His character in 'Mask' is definitely more emotional than in 'Reply'. He's no leading male, tho. He slurs too much when he talks. Almost got him kicked from Infinite pre-debut, actually. That, and his satoori. TBH, his speech patterns are worse than Hyoyeons. :P
    Hey but I like the way Hoya talks... Seriously he is making me feel things for him I thought I could never do with anyone from Infinite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pistol did you watch the Seventeen showcase vids I linked? They're so good. And I finally got to see who was singing which parts in the album songs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post

It's strange that he would become Infinite's main actor then! I assume he is Infinite's main actor?

Alright. Watched the first episode of School 2015. The female lead is pretty cute so ima keep watching. For now. :P
    Bad refers to skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're only going to keep watching because of the female lead being cute? What about how powerful the first episode is! But yes she is cute. She's also a fantastic actress, was looking into the other dramas she's been in to see if any were worth watching, a couple are and I might watch them too later. Saw some reviews of them giving glowing recommendations because of Kim Sohyuns acting which I'm not surprised about! She's really good.

Did you enjoy the first episode for more reasons than that at least?

- - - Updated - - -

By the way Listo are you still watching Reply 1997 on Drama fever? I swapped to Dramabay because the subtitles on drama fever for that show at least seem to be done really badly. Pure white subtitles, impossible to read when they're in a white scene or there is other white text underneath. Dramabay has white letters with a black border, easy to read with any background. I don't remember that being the case for RM on drama fever so might just be for that show or maybe only certain shows. Seems a really bad choice though.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way Listo are you still watching Reply 1997 on Drama fever? I swapped to Dramabay because the subtitles on drama fever for that show at least seem to be done really badly. Pure white subtitles, impossible to read when they're in a white scene or there is other white text underneath. Dramabay has white letters with a black border, easy to read with any background. I don't remember that being the case for RM on drama fever so might just be for that show or maybe only certain shows. Seems a really bad choice though.
    White? Mine are yellow on Dramafever with a maybe black border. Only white text is the ones where we learn where/when the scenes are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm that's very strange! I wonder if they're customization. Yellow sounds more familiar so maybe that's what RM had (But I watched RM using dramafever on my phone not computer so settings could be different)

Yeah the plot seemed good. But 5 mins into the 2nd episode and ive lost interest now lol. Here I was hoping for ghosts and revenge and they end up going with that lol.

The acting is decent overall. The bully girl is a pretty decent actor as well.
    Bad refers to skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm that's very strange! I wonder if they're customization. Yellow sounds more familiar so maybe that's what RM had (But I watched RM using dramafever on my phone not computer so settings could be different)
    Maybe the options had the text being white?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup it was a setting that for some reason was defaulted to white on my computer but yellow on my phone

But I'll keep watching in any case. Even with that cliche plot twist the story seems decent.
    Bad refers to skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raicky View Post
    Yeah the plot seemed good. But 5 mins into the 2nd episode and ive lost interest now lol. Here I was hoping for ghosts and revenge and they end up going with that lol.

The acting is decent overall. The bully girl is a pretty decent actor as well.
    Just keep watching! No ghosts unfortunately but lots of other stuff, it's worth it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raicky View Post
    But I'll keep watching in any case. Even with that cliche plot twist the story seems decent.
    It might be cliche but it's still very well done imo

- - - Updated - - -

Okay starting the mask episode 1 let's see how this is

If I don't like this either I think I'll just revert to watching older So Hyun dramas xD