Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Just wondering what level you got to?
    Currently 2 light away from 28 (stupid Ascendant shit). Me and my clan downed the 2nd boss in the raid yesterday. Why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Currently 2 light away from 28 (stupid Ascendant shit). Me and my clan downed the 2nd boss in the raid yesterday. Why?
    You complain a lot about the game, so was just wondering how much you had played.

Deleted
    You complain a lot about the game, so was just wondering how much you had played.
    Ah there it is again. Why do you even play this game when you complain so much? I know that from my WoW days with the famous "Don´t like it? Don´t play it".

To answer that question: Because I´d rather play Destiny than play nothing. There aren't many games out already that interest me but that changes in Oct/Nov. I definitely won't be playing Destiny then because November is just packed with games that really interest me (DA:I, The Crew, GTA 5). I currently switch between playing Destiny and Diablo 3 but Destiny is getting boring quick. Once I´ve downed the Raid I doubt that I will be playing the game a lot (unless they really bring something new and exciting). Queens Wrath is just more story missions with harder settings and more bounties (200 fallen head shots take ages) and the next event (Iron Banner) is going to be so unbalanced that I won't be bothering with that stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah there it is again. Why do you even play this game when you complain so much? I know that from my WoW days with the famous "Don´t like it? Don´t play it".
    I was actually just finding out if you had enough experience of the game to make a valid argument.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was actually just finding out if you had enough experience of the game to make a valid argument.
    I tend to find the more people have played Destiny the more problems they seem to have with it. Myself included.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyce223 View Post
    I tend to find the more people have played Destiny the more problems they seem to have with it. Myself included.
    I agree, the thing that keeps me playing it is the gear grind, I can't help myself!

I've put in plenty of hours so I have my moneys worth, but I have my fair share of complaints with regards to the story, loot drops, end bosses in strikes being bullet sponges and not doing anything special etc.

I just hope they keep up with the free updates, I have not decided yet if I'll buy any of the DLC, I will have probably lost interest in the game when that comes out, but time will tell (I bought the Diablo expansion after losing all interest in that).

I do have to give the game a thumbs as it is the only game I've played on the PS4 for more than 2 hours, every other game I have bought I hated. Destiny has got me enjoying using a controller again.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2014-09-24 at 09:32 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is that Destiny doesn't really feel like a Bungie game !! The game feels more like a WoW FPS clone rather than a game from the creators of the HALO series. The story is almost as bad as WoW (Garrosh and so on). The creatures in the game are clearly fantasy related (wizards, knights, hydras) rather than sci-fi stuff like in HALO. The game is a big grind and nothing else. There is even stuff like dailies, weeklies, reputation grind, raids, boring as fuck strikes, and even a currency cap (marks).

I can believe that Titan has something to do with Destiny because it feels like a Blizzard game. It has nothing to do with the company that created my favorite game series with HALO (well Reach wasn't the best game but I still kinda liked it).
    thing is blizzard has almost always be a PC developer. Only a handful of their games made their way to console (latest being diablo 3), so the fact that destiny isn't on PC tells me that blizzard has nothing to do with it. maybe just some in house consulting on game design at most.

Deleted
    I agree, the thing that keeps me playing it is the gear grind, I can't help myself!

I've put in plenty of hours so I have my moneys worth, but I have my fair share of complaints with regards to the story, loot drops, end bosses in strikes being bullet sponges and not doing anything special etc.

I just hope they keep up with the free updates, I have not decided yet if I'll buy any of the DLC, I will have probably lost interest in the game when that comes out, but time will tell (I bought the Diablo expansion after losing all interest in that).

I do have to give the game a thumbs as it is the only game I've played on the PS4 for more than 2 hours, every other game I have bought I hated. Destiny has got me enjoying using a controller again.
    Doing the raid really showed me how flawed the strikes are. There are ZERO mechanics that you have to use in the boss battles other than killing a shit-ton of adds and firing 100000 bullets at the boss. The raid on the other hand has really fun and rewarding mechanics that you have to use to win.

That´s why I don´t enjoy Strikes at all. They are all the same and there is not a single strike that has your team do something skillful and the only way to die at these strikes is if A) The adds overwhelm you (there are way too many) or B) You grow tired of shooting 100k bullets at the boss and start to make mistakes like staying out of cover. I defnately have to say that Strikes usually cause point B with me because I grow tired of shooting the fuck out of a bland end boss.

Also the loot reward is horrible in strikes. There is basically ZERO valid reason to do strikes other than gaining your weekly marks cap. There is nothing that makes you do them all day because you don't even get guaranteed loot. You could get something but most of the time you get worthless crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doing the raid really showed me how flawed the strikes are. There are ZERO mechanics that you have to use in the boss battles other than killing a shit-ton of adds and firing 100000 bullets at the boss. The raid on the other hand has really fun and rewarding mechanics that you have to use to win.

That´s why I don´t enjoy Strikes at all. They are all the same and there is not a single strike that has your team do something skillful and the only way to die at these strikes is if A) The adds overwhelm you (there are way too many) or B) You grow tired of shooting 100k bullets at the boss and start to make mistakes like staying out of cover. I defnately have to say that Strikes usually cause point B with me because I grow tired of shooting the fuck out of a bland end boss.

Also the loot reward is horrible in strikes. There is basically ZERO valid reason to do strikes other than gaining your weekly marks cap. There is nothing that makes you do them all day because you don't even get guaranteed loot. You could get something but most of the time you get worthless crap.
    I've not done the raid yet, so that sounds like something to look forward to at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, has Bungie said anything about the "Loot Cave" in Skywatch being a bannable offence for using the farming methods there? If not, then horray. Then again, I guess if they didn't want it they would have patched it the other day (or yesterday, when ever...)
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Out of curiosity, has Bungie said anything about the "Loot Cave" in Skywatch being a bannable offence for using the farming methods there? If not, then horray. Then again, I guess if they didn't want it they would have patched it the other day (or yesterday, when ever...)
    Yeah I don´t think that they mind because they could have patched that already. However I haven't heard any statement regarding that one from Bungie. Banning would cause 80% of the playerbase to be banned so I doubt that they would do that

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I don´t think that they mind because they could have patched that already. However I haven't heard any statement regarding that one from Bungie. Banning would cause 80% of the playerbase to be banned so I doubt that they would do that
    Kinda what I thought think I've spent about 3 or 4 hours farming that spot since I first went to try it out, had 3 Leg. Engrams and about 20-30 Rare Engrams out of it.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the stupid loot cave. Half the time you have some idiot standing too close bringing you only Acolytes. I've also gotten only 2 legendary engrams - both class items >.>

If you look at the game it's structured just like adventure mmo. Perhaps the maps could be bigger, and some more social features. Other than that. Daily's, missions, strikes(dungeons), raids, pvp. There's plenty of different things to do, and if your complaining while acting like the game sucks. That just speaks volumes. You wouldn't play if the game really sucked. Here's the difference with feedback.

Constructive criticism : Strikes would be better imo with different mechanics involved (that is even if bungie didn't intend it in the first place). Then insert your reason.

Whining/unconstuctive : This game sucks and is extremely flawed because Strikes don't have more/different mechanics. The game is a failure (what?).

Imho that's the crowd Blizzard is recently detaching from, and one I think Bungie should not take seriously. There are people who just want to see this game die. It's obvious, all the while playing the game. Im actually looking forward to when CoD comes out so they can jump ship or start hating that game. I can see why people like Bashiok just make sarcastic comments on Twitter towards forum posters. The amount of cesspool in them is outrageous. If you don't like a game move on to something else. I know for a fact many people love the game realizing it's not perfect, and it's going to have a cult fanbase. It already does. Sorry that bugs people so much. Maybe find s hobby that fulfills your wildest dreams besides video games.

What was that thing anyway? What was the Black heart and what did it do exactly? And I really have a bit of a feeling that the chick is the Traveler because she said that she has seen things out there that we wouldn't believe.

To be honest the story really wasn't the strength of the game because it didn't make sense to be honest. Bungie could have at least tried to explain what the Traveler is and what the Darkness is other than "Good vs Evil".
    As far as I can tell, it was either siphoning Light from the Traveler or keeping it weakened (or possibly both), and destroying its presence in the Black Garden means it no longer is.

Even in the Grimoire cards what it is isn't explained, except that even the hyper advanced machine race that can move through time to a degree and hide things in other dimensions - the Vex - don't really understand it, and by their mathematical style logic the most efficient way of interacting with it/taking advantage of it's existence is to do something akin to worship and emulation.

Also that it appears to only have been an extension of something else out there, and that it's current power was limited and whatever the Vex were planning with it was stopped early.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    The Black Heart was what controlled all The Vex, makes sense in a story point of view, but being able to redo content after killing the main thing that controlled the vex and still have to fight vex makes it more confusing than it should be. The thing to me about the traveler is that it's just a backdrop. If it's a spaceship I'd love to explore it, if it's an actual being than, well, I'd love to see it in action, guess near the end of Destiny's story there will be an evasion of The Last City and we'll see it in action, but gah. And yea I think the chick is also The Traveler, or part of it, could be just her, or there could be more. Could also be a dark twin of The Traveler. I hope the expansion adds more to the story.
    Worshipped by the Vex (which is, as I note above, a disturbing proposition given who the Vex are) and apparently an important part of some plan against the Traveler, but as Cattleya pointed out it's not actually controlling them.

As for the Exo Stranger lady, I don't think she's in league with the Traveler but I do think she knows a lot more about it than anyone else in-game we've met and she sadly isn't in the habit of sharing her secrets. I do wonder if she's connected to a group that I've seen referenced a few times - the Nine. The agent that shows up on weekends and sells gear is apparently from them, and there's one in the Grimoire card related to the Awoken Queen that mentions them. That the stranger says she wasn't forged in Light would support her working for such a group rather than the Traveler, though it's barely enough to be called scant evidence for that theory and could be interpreted one of several additional ways anyway.

I'd also love to know who else she is working with (the person/thing she talks to when you first meet her face to face).

10+ Year Old Account
    Tempted to buy this lol.

http://www.gamer-heaven.net/destiny-...zip-up-hoodie/

Does anyone know if they are good quality or is it bad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tempted to buy this lol.

http://www.gamer-heaven.net/destiny-...zip-up-hoodie/

Does anyone know if they are good quality or is it bad?
    The Vanguard hoodie from GAME is really awesome, but the only problem I personally have with is that I got an XL, and it's kinda on the smaller side, but it fits well on me. They seem to be all sold out online though.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/destiny-van...67&catGroupId=

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    If you look at the game it's structured just like adventure mmo. Perhaps the maps could be bigger, and some more social features. Other than that. Daily's, missions, strikes(dungeons), raids, pvp. There's plenty of different things to do, and if your complaining while acting like the game sucks. That just speaks volumes. You wouldn't play if the game really sucked. Here's the difference with feedback.

Constructive criticism : Strikes would be better imo with different mechanics involved (that is even if bungie didn't intend it in the first place). Then insert your reason.

Whining/unconstuctive : This game sucks and is extremely flawed because Strikes don't have more/different mechanics. The game is a failure (what?).

Imho that's the crowd Blizzard is recently detaching from, and one I think Bungie should not take seriously. There are people who just want to see this game die. It's obvious, all the while playing the game. Im actually looking forward to when CoD comes out so they can jump ship or start hating that game. I can see why people like Bashiok just make sarcastic comments on Twitter towards forum posters. The amount of cesspool in them is outrageous. If you don't like a game move on to something else. I know for a fact many people love the game realizing it's not perfect, and it's going to have a cult fanbase. It already does. Sorry that bugs people so much. Maybe find s hobby that fulfills your wildest dreams besides video games.

You have put a massively unreasonable negative spin on your whining term, but both forms of feedback are perfectly valid. It breaks down into who currently likes the game and who doesn't like the game but both parties can see improvements they would like to make.

"I like the game, but i would like it better if..."

"I hate the game, but i would like it better if..."

Every consumer of your product is valuable. There will never be an increase in consumers for destiny, but they will want to stop the bleed and encourage gamers to buy their expansions/dlc's.

Everybody will want different thing's from their preferred game. And Bungie definitely have improvements to make before they hit a happy medium with their playerbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    To answer that question: Because I´d rather play Destiny than play nothing. There aren't many games out already that interest me but that changes in Oct/Nov.
    I hope you don't sing this same song in Oct/Nov. From the sound of it, you are hard to please.

- - - Updated - - -

(200 fallen head shots take ages)
    Between patrols and bounties, I got over 100 head shots last night. Fallen are WAY easy to get head shots on.
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2014-09-24 at 01:34 PM.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vercigentorix View Post
    No denying the lukewarm reception.Activison stock dropped 10%, that's a gut check for them but not enough for them to press the panic button. Destiny's sell in figures were $325 million and their sell through numbers are $500 million(which they will reach sell in eventually); it's no GTAV in terms of sales, but how is $325m/$500m considered under performing sales? Based on the "$500 million budget" that has been floating around since Destiny was announced? I think most experts agree that Destiny will have no problem hitting at least $1 billion in sales in it's projected lifetime.

EDIT:For the unaware or confused: "sell in" refers to the amount of Destiny games sold and shipped to retail,"sell through" refers to actual Destiny games sold to customers.
    I thought the price drop when they announced sales estimates was between three and four percent? I believe the $500 million number was estimated value of total shipped at MSRP. Not how much the retailers paid nor how much the customers end up paying. The most relevant example I have of the problem with that is two CE's for Tabula Rasa sitting on the shelf of a Walmart near me. Their price is far less than their original MSRP now.

As an aside I asked a couple of employees there about it and their boss refuses to let them take them off the shelf. And they've told him the game's servers closed years ago.

So while most of that $500 million may eventually sell that does not mean they will at the MSRP.

And as far as gut checks? ATVI's outstanding shares is around 717.48 million. Take that by its share price and you end up with a value of $15.3 plus billion. So what did that stock price drop of three plus percent, just on the day they announced sales figures, cost Activision? Coincidentally enough, over $500 million.

The day they announced that $325 million sales estimate the value of its publisher dropped more than they actually spent making the game in the first place. Destiny didn't meet the sales expectations of Activision's shareholders. So it is under performing to the folks that performance matters most too.

As an aside apparently the $500 million development cost was debunked. So the value of its publisher may have dropped a lot more than they spent making the game.

Also not convinced nor impressed with the one billion figure. Supposedly GTA managed $800 million in a day. WoW is already earning, what, over a billion a year? Compared to flagship products like that, Destiny has a very long way to go.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.