Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Easy fix, when they are on land they get legs little mermaid style.
    And what about naga already ingame without legs walking around on land?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Have player-naga break away from the Old Gods that all the other naga worship. This causes them to sort've but not entirely regain their original, elven form, at least sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    They're on Ursula's waiting list.

Deleted
    Although gear on a naga is possible, it looks utterly ridiculous. Furthermore, Naga are an aquatic race and it doesn't make sense for them to be on land far away from water. They probably have to make contact with water once in a while to survive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samakuro View Post
    Although gear on a naga is possible, it looks utterly ridiculous. Furthermore, Naga are an aquatic race and it doesn't make sense for them to be on land far away from water. They probably have to make contact with water once in a while to survive.
    Blood elves need arcane magic to survive. As you might have seen, those that don't have magic turn into wreched, their minds lost. This can be compared to naga, naga need water, or in their case they might dry up. Yet, the question is, where does a blood elf sitting on some random forgatten rock somewhere get his magic from? Simple, in truth they don't, but because it's a story, this argument is forgatten intentionally, because if it was not everyone who has a blood elf would need to do a daily to kill a magic creature or go to Silvermoon every day or their characters get deleted.

As for armor,
    http://www.wowwiki.com/User_talk:MentalPower
    http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/.../WowList05.jpg
    http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/7...gaarmorih2.png
    I think it looks ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Blood elves need arcane magic to survive.
    They don't need arcane magic anymore. They have the sunwell back.

quote from wowpedia
    With the Sunwell restored, the close call the sin'dorei came to damnation appears to have been averted, the Sunwell itself now once again sustaining the blood elves' dependency on magic. As such, the blood elves ultimately did not mutate from their high elven appearance in the way their felblood offshoot suffered due to their addiction, and at this point it is simply a matter of time before the fel-power induced eyes revert back to their natural state.

Oh that seems like that their eyes will turn back means there won't be high elves guess I killed two birds with one stone there.
    Last edited by Goremonger; 2013-02-15 at 11:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    They don't need arcane magic anymore. They have the sunwell back.
    They still do, it's just that the sunwell provides it for them so they don't have to suck it out of other creatures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    They're on Ursula's waiting list.
    Naga don't need legs to be playable. They'll be fine as long as they understand the importance of... body language.

why all posters here say naga= deal with old gods? or blizz changed it like everything for wow

Nagas are same as blood elfs, root in High Elfs just when well of eternity broke up they got sucked to bottom of ocean so they had to alter bodies to survive and they had deal with Sargeras not old gods.

Quote Originally Posted by lakisa View Post
    why all posters here say naga= deal with old gods? or blizz changed it like everything for wow

Nagas are same as blood elfs, root in High Elfs just when well of eternity broke up they got sucked to bottom of ocean so they had to alter bodies to survive and they had deal with Sargeras not old gods.
    Azshara made the deal with an old god Nzoth and thats what turned them into the naga otherwise they would have drown and became fish food.

Quote Originally Posted by Samakuro View Post
    Why would they need water anymore to live than any other race? They can breathe air as well as water. They're not so massive they're weight will crush them on land. They don't appear to have amphibian-like skin that is required to stay moist. And we know they have ventral scales which enable them to move on land.

So why would they need constant contact with water? They might prefer it, but in all likelihood they wouldn't need it to survive.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2013-02-16 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I feel that Ogres belong more in the Horde than the Naga do. However, the Naga and the NE have serious issues with each other. Issues that a lore hack couldn't just wipe away with a stroke of a pen.
    Yeah I was basically saying why we dont have some of these races. There are too many that are either classic Horde races of would fit there much better than the Alliance which already has 1 race made up since WoW and 1 neutral race which was only in a Horde campaign in TFT. If there were 3 factions there could be more races and still be balanced.

The Horde would basically be Orcs, trolls, ogres, goblins, tauren, undead, Blood Elves, Pandaren, and Naga.
    Alliance would be Humans, dwarves, gnomes, Night Elves, and Draenei.

9 vs 5 races
    Last edited by Prokne; 2013-02-16 at 01:40 AM.

I know its not really important but the naga NPCs in Magisters Terrace are not near any water so they can and don't minds not having it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmage View Post
    I know its not really important but the naga NPCs in Magisters Terrace are not near any water so they can and don't minds not having it all the time.
    Its a difference between being adapted for water and actually needing it. Naga prefer being near water because its their element. They're highly adapted for it and few can beat them in it.

I think of them like seals or otters. They don't actually need to be in water to survive. They can go for days, or even weeks on land if they need to. Its just that they're highly adapted for it, and its where their primary food source comes from.

I don't really want Naga as playable race. To be honest, after I got Pandaren as playable race, my dream is fullfilled and I don't really need any more playable race. Oh and Naga was planned to be playable race when Blizz was making WC3.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmage View Post
    Tell me you're joking. It's an island. The Isle of Quel'danas. There's water on every side. There's a beach about ten feet from the instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I don't like or understand the want for naga as a playable race. Id rather them stick to just being npcs I kill and the mouse I use. Armor would be so strange on them as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    They still do, it's just that the sunwell provides it for them so they don't have to suck it out of other creatures.
    Speaking of which, does that blanket all of Azeroth in enough ambient magic? Or are the Sin'dorei in Orgrimmar and Kalimdor just fucked?

Then again, I suppose it's kinda like how the Kaldorei's magic addiction is never mentioned since their moonwells prevent withdrawls
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just because the Naga in general are considered evil, doesn't mean some group of them might revolt against their kind and side with alliance / horde,

Armor could be made to fit, their upper bodies are mostly humaniod, just four arms instead of two
    leggings would be single legged, perhaps boots would just be a band on their tails.
    similar to how they made boots work for draenei (often only covering to the hoof)
    They would almost definitely have to make a new naga model for the race, just as they did with worgan and goblin.

fitting to the mount would be a challenge, as they can't really change how the mount looks... but they've probably got more creative people on staff than I.

As for why... why not?
    naga are a fairly common enemy, they're intelligent, they have a massive backstory,
    Their goal would probably be to free their people from the old gods influence, and possibly even remove the curse on them.

Quote Originally Posted by llubtoille View Post
    As for why... why not?
    naga are a fairly common enemy, they're intelligent, they have a massive backstory,
    Their goal would probably be to free their people from the old gods influence, and possibly even remove the curse on them.
    I think it would be awesome if the reason they join the players is because Azshara has had enough of NZoth and wants to knock him off so she can have complete control of the Naga. It would really tick off the Night Elves to have Azshara allied with the Horde. I wouldnt mind killing her in a raid if they went the splinter cell direction but I definitely dont want an Orc type transformation where they are now hippyish and "lets all be firends" when they were very savage and evil before.