Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

3 Games you wish you could repopulate online.

No doubt we've all played many games over the years that we had hours and hours of fun with online but over time new games have came out and the ones we used to love have gone quiet online. My question to you is,

'What 3 games do you wish you could bring back a huge player base to, in order relive the 'old days'?'

My 3 games would have to be:

Call of Duty (the original, as in....the VERY 1st ever!!)
    Command and Conquer Generals
    Call of duty 2

I miss those games and though i still play them now and again, the variety of maps, modes etc have all been limited to a very small section compared to what used to be played. SIGH...

How about you?

Deleted
    Half-Life 1.

I would be happy just with that one.

Deleted
    - AvP2. Servers got shut down in 2008 and only a very small community exists on hamachi networks. Put thousands of hours into the game and eventually got into some of the best clans in the world.

- CoD4 on xbox or PC. Population is too low. Xbox is filled with hackers and 360 no-scoper tryhards while PC is filled with +20 slot servers, the 16 slot servers aren't really populated.

Don't really have a third since the games I would like to see bigger either have a stable player-base or are new releases.

Aliens vs predator 2 but wont happen cause sierra shut it down.
    Unreal tournament 99 DEMO, i had more fun on demo then the real game.
    and unreal tournament 3, wish that game had lived to its fun potential if anyone had even played it.
    Last edited by RenegadeXan; 2013-02-15 at 07:56 PM.

Question whatever you take for granted.

1. Everquest 1
    2. Guild Wars 1
    3. Final Fantasy 11

Mostly just Everquest 1. It's probably the most exemplary MMO ever made and the most far reaching in terms of design. It's time of mass popularity was too short.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-15 at 10:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    - AvP2. Servers got shut down in 2008 and only a very small community exists on hamachi networks. Put thousands of hours into the game and eventually got into some of the best clans in the world.

- CoD4 on xbox or PC. Population is too low. Xbox is filled with hackers and 360 no-scoper tryhards while PC is filled with +20 slot servers, the 16 slot servers aren't really populated.

Don't really have a third since the games I would like to see bigger either have a stable player-base or are new releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    Aliens vs predator 2 but wont happen cause sierra shut it down.
    Actually surprised to see AvP2 on here especially this early on in the thread, lol. That's exactly what I was going to say. AvP2 got me into PC gaming and I loved playing online constantly. I remember when they didn't even have queen molting and the exosuit until they added them in with a patch. I downloaded some files at one point and got to play online again probably around 2 years ago. Was still fun, lol. I remember one room that always had big games going called Duke Nukem's Revenge.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Dark Age of Camelot
    Unreal Tournament
    Warhammer Online (ok it had problems, but I still had some fun)

1. Quake 3 Arena - Specifically game mods such as Rocket Arena 3, Weapons Factory Arena and Threewave Capturestrike.
    2. Planetside 1
    3. Diablo 1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Actually surprised to see AvP2 on here especially this early on in the thread, lol. That's exactly what I was going to say. AvP2 got me into PC gaming and I loved playing online constantly. I remember when they didn't even have queen molting and the exosuit until they added them in with a patch. I downloaded some files at one point and got to play online again probably around 2 years ago. Was still fun, lol. I remember one room that always had big games going called Duke Nukem's Revenge.
    Remember the servers that had Quarantine as the map choice and Survivor as the game mode of humans as survivors and aliens as mutants? I remember having 15 or so people stacked in the basement just waiting for aliens to pounce towards them...Good times

Warhammer 40k: Dark Crusade.

I had so much fun playing that online, but it is totally dead now. Halo 3 would also be one, simply because it was the best fun I've ever had on a console.

Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    Remember the servers that had Quarantine as the map choice and Survivor as the game mode of humans as survivors and aliens as mutants? I remember having 15 or so people stacked in the basement just waiting for aliens to pounce towards them...Good times

Still cant understand how we still get shitty call of duties and no games like that, survivor mod was the best mod of any shooter imo.

Question whatever you take for granted.

Shadowrun. It almost had an mmo version of it made and the plug was pulled on it. One of the better console games to turn into the launching point for an mmo type game.

Maybe a multi player version of FF tactics.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    1. Warhammer online
    2. Warhammer online
    3. Warhammer online

Fuck I want that game back, I'd give anything.

Deleted
    Only thing i can come up with is Alien Vs Predator 2 loved to play that game online alteast it got a Lan mode and got 6 computers connected in the house so i can lan when people come over so its not fully dead for me atleast.

Deleted
    Ultima online.

Deleted
    1. RTCW
    2. AvP 2
    3. Red Faction 1

Man such good games

-Halo pc
    -Silkroad online without any possible way to bot on it
    -Modern warfare 2
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    I would also add Medal of Honor Allied Assault. Omaha beach beats everything!

Asheron's Call is the only one I would want. My first MMORPG. Still go back for a month sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really can only list one - Age of Mythology.