Thread: Marks buff yay!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexy View Post
    Originally it wasn't affected by it, they changed that 'tho around the time they nerfed lynx to the ground
    Too bad LR was actually buffed by a tiny bit, while getting rid of the burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Trape View Post
    Now we just wait for piercing shot munching to be fixed and MM will be fantastic.
    Didn't PS get the Ignite fix like two years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingoomieiii View Post
    Didn't PS get the Ignite fix like two years ago?
    Yes but the ignite fix never fully fixed ignite. Nor did it fix piercing shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Yes but the ignite fix never fully fixed ignite. Nor did it fix piercing shots.
    If it's still broken, doesn't ExplS use the same system for rolling LnL?

The bug with piercing shots is that if you crit with two abilities that proc piercing shots at the exact same time one gets munched, and this happens quite often when you use a skill that takes longer than the GCD to cast (such as Aimed Shot) followed by an instant shot.

Not quite, in the first place explo acts like a normal dot. It's duration gets extend to up to 3seconds.
    But yes, any further tick that would get lost, ie extends duration to longer than 3sec, then gets treated the same as Piercing shots.
    That means the remaining damage gets add up to the new damage (the otherwise lost exploticks) and gets divided across max duration (for explo: 3 for piercing: 8sec)

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    The bug with piercing shots is that if you crit with two abilities that proc piercing shots at the exact same time one gets munched, and this happens quite often when you use a skill that takes longer than the GCD to cast (such as Aimed Shot) followed by an instant shot.
    It's only possible for this to happen in MM's case if you're hardcasting a steady/aimed shot, followed by a chimera shot or an instant aimed shot. Not saying it doesn't happen, just saying it's a 10 sec CD ability and a proc (that costs no focus). Both of these behaviours can be accounted for with a little change in playstyle, making sure you always fire an arcane shot before a Chim shot, and same goes for Aimed (as long as you don't steady shot before you fire the "free" aimed shot, you don't lose out on MMM procs, thus meaning you'll have no loss from delaying the aimed with a GBC).
    Essentially, it adds something to the spec that makes it less "boring". Having to do it for a smaller "reward" output wise than Surv and BM is discouraging, though.

Deleted
    I was thinking about the new glyph that restores 5% hp when you use disengage and the fact that CS now restores 5% hp baseline, with the CS glyph it'll be 7%. If this goes to live we could heal us for 12% hp instantly every 15 secs with Crouching tiger. Combined with exilaration and readiness it's gonna be soo funny. Lol i see lots of QQ in the next weeks

Deleted
    really am hoping MM becomes viable for this patch.

These buffs might make me consider going back to MM for BGs/RBGs (pvp) (chimera shot damage + heal buffs, AiS glyph, Liberation glyph)

MM wont be as solid as BM for single target until you start losing your 4P. I honestly dont think it will be comparable until late into 5.2 raid content. Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Walajanilu View Post
    MM wont be as solid as BM for single target until you start losing your 4P. I honestly dont think it will be comparable until late into 5.2 raid content. Just my two cents.
    mm without the 4 piece lose a great bonus too.

Quote Originally Posted by keygy View Post
    mm without the 4 piece lose a great bonus too.
    While that's true, I think breaking 4piece is still a bigger loss for BM than for MM.

I'd love to try raiding as MM again, but I'll probably wait til I break my 4piece and get my hands on a 522 ranged weapon (was never lucky enough to get HC Taoren) since weapon DPS is pretty important for MM.
    Last edited by NomadKing; 2013-03-01 at 03:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mokuton View Post
    I was thinking about the new glyph that restores 5% hp when you use disengage and the fact that CS now restores 5% hp baseline, with the CS glyph it'll be 7%. If this goes to live we could heal us for 12% hp instantly every 15 secs with Crouching tiger. Combined with exilaration and readiness it's gonna be soo funny. Lol i see lots of QQ in the next weeks
    Don't forget Glyph of Animal Bond. Throw another 1.2% on there.