Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    try buying a mario or zelda gamecube game now

$8 is overpriced? If you're Ebenezer Scrooge, maybe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Go do an internet search and try to find those games for 1.95

I just did, the lowest online price I found was $8 in a quick search.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

If only you were forced to purchase these overpriced products.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYIRISHGUY View Post
    no the point is that there was 2 games * that i love to play *
    Clearly you don't love them enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i finally got out bed because i was sick for day but i fell more better so today i when to ebay to see any that will catch my eyes and i found this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samurai-Show...item231c26d021

so i say okay 7.99 for FF3 and SS2 because they are the best fighting games that ever came out from japan next to street fighter but as i look at the description i saw a price label for $1.96 and is was cross out so now this ass#### was going make a few dollar on games but in all fairness he should sell it for $1.96 and i think of e-mail him to see if he would sell it but then he could be just a d###

what you think ?
    if you think $8 is overpriced for a game......i dont know what to say. unless its big rigs over the road racing. the man is just trying to make some money. i dont see the problem.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Something like that, as with almost anything, is only worth as much as you're willing to pay.

8 dollars is nothing. If you want it then buy it, not like it's 5,000 dollars or something...

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    okay i agree * don't buy it * but don't say you the sell and you bought for that cheap and sell it for a quick buck !

I so stuff on ebay * computer part * and i underprice them compare the ebay ass#### of the world that overprice anything !

10+ Year Old Account
    okay i agree * don't buy it * but don't say you the sell and you bought for that cheap and sell it for a quick buck !

I so stuff on ebay * computer part * and i underprice them compare the ebay ass#### of the world that overprice anything !
    There is no such thing as overpricing. If someone pays for something, it was the correct price for that transaction. You being cheap isn't his problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    woah 6 dollar mark up call the police!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I get what you mean, but this is how reselling works. You can't buy a $1.95 item and sell it for $1.95. Especially not on eBay. On eBay you have to consider the following:

Shipping costs
    eBay costs (insertion fee, final value fee)
    PayPal costs (transaction fee)

At this price I doubt he is making more than a few bucks. So he spends 30 minutes listing an item and makes a few bucks. Sounds fair to me.

And look, by listing it on eBay he is doing the buyer a service and, yes, he/she is paying for it. I could drive down to Pizza Hut and pick up a pizza, OR I can have it delivered to me by paying a delivery fee.

Edit: Oh free shipping is never free. It's factored into the costs of the item. $5 + $5 shipping is the exact same thing as $10 + free shipping. It's a common marketing tactic.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I have something that had stopped production, and I know I can sell it for $5000 (and I bought it for $30), damn right am I going to sell it for $5000.

If you are not used to the idea that people will charge at the maximum price that people are willing to pay for, then welcome to the real world, you have a harsh long life ahead of you, especially if you want to buy an antique car, a house, any stock/share/bonds, aged red wine, or anything that has a value over time.

And the original very first generation consoles, very old, and shouldn't worth anything by now, why don't you go and check how much can they go for nowadays?

I hope you are under the age of 13, if you are above that age and still don't get that concept, then I feel sorry for you.

Isn't the whole purpose of ebay for sellers to sell their junk over price it as much as possible. I mean we're not talking about the company directly. Talking about a group of sellers that sell their stuff on ebay. If we could hold the corporation personally responsible for over prices that'd be one thing. Here I think just talking about a certain seller wanting more then what it's worth.

You seem to have a very poor understanding of economics. I would advise against using ebay in future as it will likely only irritate you further.

$8 for a couple games that you think are so great?

Just stop bitching and buy it. That's like, half an hours work at a not complete shit job.

What it was bought for in a store 15 years ago doesn't mean shit.

Oh, and looking at it, free goddamn shipping?

What the fuck is wrong with you to be complaining about it?
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Omg omg omg omg omg omg omg, someone on eBay (temple of all that is holy) is selling something for more than it used to cost, omg omg omg omg omg, sacrilege.

On a serious note, these are the type of threads this poster usually produces, nothing new here.

$8 for 2 games with free shipping. How is that a rip off?

Consider that one game was marked $2, say that makes $4 for both. Then add the Ebay fee, and probably paypal fees (not sure what the US ones are, but for Australia it's 7.9% price + $0.40 listing fee for ebay + $0.30 + 2% paypal fees). Add on top of that the guy is running a business and trying to make a profit, he might be making$1-2 profit for his time.
    Last edited by poogle; 2013-02-21 at 03:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seven dollars.

Highroller he must be craycray.

10+ Year Old Account
    no my point is that if a games a few years old and out of production and bought for $1.96 to $7.99 is hypocritical and that there is place in PA where they have games that are 5 to 10 yrs old and sell for $2 to $3 each but they gave me discount if i bought more that 2 games

and the point is just sell for $1.96 but in this world there are c### and ass#### want to make a quick buck
    Welcome to Capitalism
    Putin khuliyo

8 dollars is not to much, nd save the time to actually go to the shop, mall, etc in the search 4 the game. 2 dollars for the game, 6 dollars for the time he spent and the time i save, very cheap in my opinion.