Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    Definition of skill is subjective.

To me, Skills in games like Counter-Strike: 1vs5 clutch with 5 bullets of desert eagle.

According to you, Skills in Wow: Don't stand on that purple circle on the ground.

Sorry, had to point that out.
    You really do his point of view a disservice; according to him, Skills in Wow: Don't stand on that purple circle on the ground, if you get a debuff run to a specific spot, watch timers to know when something is coming, etc etc, and maximise dps/heal efficiently while doing it.

first person shooters and wow have different types of skill. Are they comparable? Not really. In a FPS you need a delicate touch on aim and a knowledge of the map, plus knowhow of how not to be a free kill.

In wow you need to know your rotation (not hard), know what not to stand in (not hard), or what to stand in (not hard), or when to use abilities (not hard), and what to target when (not hard) etc. It is the compiliation of doing all of these things together that makes it hard.
    Last edited by Grumash; 2013-04-10 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Is it to do with the delayed kill videos? Paragon have sat on theirs for ages, I'm sure Ra-den will be the same.
    Sad to see that Method has no respect when it comes to releasing videos and other guilds' progression. Paragon is really the only one that still honors that nowadays.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKefka06 View Post
    Sad to see that Method has no respect when it comes to releasing videos and other guilds' progression. Paragon is really the only one that still honors that nowadays.
    What do you mean by that? Paragon said they would wait for one 10man guild to kill it before releasing, Method waited for two 25mans?

Quote Originally Posted by LordKefka06 View Post
    You seem to know much about those two guilds for someone who doesn't even read their statements. Paragon said them selves it's two different races and two different bosses on 10 and 25, Method did the same. So...wth does Method 25 man video has to do with Paragon? Method waited for a few more kills in their own bracket before releasing it. Why would Paragon help any other 10 man guild to get access to Ra-Den before killing it? Can you think before you post next time please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    No, I'm roundly rejecting your idea that LFR isn't raiding.
    The raiding scene is larger than in wrath - because LFR is raiding. It replaces the pugs that were a feature of Wotlk.
    Tell you what, I remove LFR and you remove pugs.
    What the actual f...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radalek View Post
    You seem to know much about those two guilds for someone who doesn't even read their statements. Paragon said them selves it's two different races and two different bosses on 10 and 25, Method did the same. So...wth does Method 25 man video has to do with Paragon? Method waited for a few more kills in their own bracket before releasing it. Why would Paragon help any other 10 man guild to get access to Ra-Den before killing it? Can you think before you post next time please?
    Method released their world second video before the world first video by another guild. That's lack of good sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Method released their world second video before the world first video by another guild. That's lack of good sense.
    I'm sorry to say but top 25man guilds doesn't care about 10man guilds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anuhk View Post
    I'm sorry to say but top 25man guilds doesn't care about 10man guilds.
    Regardless, Method is yet to score a major world first kill as a guild. If they feel happy when not caring about a guild that is better than them, then good for them I guess.

Regardless, Method is yet to score a major world first kill as a guild. If they feel happy when not caring about a guild that is better than them, then good for them I guess.
    Nobody with any sense thinks 10 and 25 are the same race. Talk about difficulty all you want, the race is not the same. It's like long jump and triple jump - kind of similar in that both are jumping, but too different to really compare.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Nobody with any sense thinks 10 and 25 are the same race. Talk about difficulty all you want, the race is not the same. It's like long jump and triple jump - kind of similar in that both are jumping, but too different to really compare.
    I heavily disagree with you.

Warning; Don't start 10 vs 25 discussion. (by Sonnillon)
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-04-11 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumash View Post
    You really do his point of view a disservice; according to him, Skills in Wow: Don't stand on that purple circle on the ground, if you get a debuff run to a specific spot, watch timers to know when something is coming, etc etc, and maximise dps/heal efficiently while doing it.

first person shooters and wow have different types of skill. Are they comparable? Not really. In a FPS you need a delicate touch on aim and a knowledge of the map, plus knowhow of how not to be a free kill.

In wow you need to know your rotation (not hard), know what not to stand in (not hard), or what to stand in (not hard), or when to use abilities (not hard), and what to target when (not hard) etc. It is the compiliation of doing all of these things together that makes it hard.
    TBH apart from one or two mechanics that are really unforgiving, most of WoW's PVE is really easy on a personal basis. The "skill" in WoW is actually teamwork. It's an MMO after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    TBH apart from one or two mechanics that are really unforgiving, most of WoW's PVE is really easy on a personal basis. The "skill" in WoW is actually teamwork. It's an MMO after all.
    And patience. Oh deary me, patience.

Its the thing many people lack as well.

I heavily disagree with you.
    Care to elaborate? Most top guilds even acknowledge this. They argue all the time about relative difficulty (as evidenced by this thread) but still don't think that Paragon is racing against Method/BL.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Care to elaborate? Most top guilds even acknowledge this. They argue all the time about relative difficulty (as evidenced by this thread) but still don't think that Paragon is racing against Method/BL.
    no please, do NOT turn this back to 10 vs 25 man debate.

Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    no please, do NOT turn this back to 10 vs 25 man debate.
    Not trying to. I'm not asking about difficulty or anything like that, merely why he wants to lump them into the same race.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    I think no one bothered with killing it without the buff. It was just a bonus challenge. like Herald of the Titans. But since lappe is aorund: At what time did you think about killing LK HC without the zone buff? ASAP or just because farming 12/12 HC ICC was so boring and a new raid was an on the horizon?
    I've no idea, i was in army at that time

Midwinter just got Lei shen

Quote Originally Posted by phatkiid View Post
    Fuck, beat me to it.

Grats to midwinter, was hoping they would beat exodus.

Gratz Midwinter. I didn't expect that at all but I was hoping!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phatkiid View Post
    Excellent demonstration of skill, grats

"During progression we raid Sunday through Thursday 10:00 pm to 2:00 am EST. We will add extra raiding hours during the weeks new content is released, but we still raid fairly light hours compared to other competitive guilds, and we take pride in our rank considering this fact."

10+ Year Old Account
    This just in Gamble server 2nd, Exodus quits WoW.

Also big gratz to Midwinter on there US 2nd "Alliance World First" H Lei Shen Kill.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.