Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    You can do so much in this game, and yet most people choose to do nothing. One of the many reasons that what I play and what I read on the forums is two different realities, and it has never been more true than with GW2 and MMO Champion.
    Meh. You can say that about almost any MMO out there. GW2 really isn't unique in this regard.

It's just the nature of MMOs since they offer so many modes of play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    You've been playing GW2 for 7 years? Are you a Time Lord?
    Oh, my bad. Must remember to check what sub forum this is in. (I seen it on recent forum posts.) My post is about WoW. :P

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Oh, my bad. Must remember to check what sub forum this is in. (I seen it on recent forum posts.) My post is about WoW. :P
    Nailed it!
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Nailed it!
    Ha, indeed you did. I still have no idea why you would play for some random legendary drops but at least we cleared it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Ha, indeed you did. I still have no idea why you would play for some random legendary drops but at least we cleared it up.
    Like I said, it's a whole qusetline and story experience...there's a lot more than that to the game but, yeah. It would be like lpaying GW2 just so you could see the whole story thing going on right now, basically continuing to pay the game waiting for a new 'chapter'. Though the other carrot has gear hanging on it, so it's a little bit more enticing for some people?

Idk. I've been having more fun playing GW2 since coming back for SAB than I've had since it launched. Maybe I will finally get a character to 80.
    BAD WOLF

I'm playing because of combatmode 1.1.

Before I downloaded that, this game could not keep me playing for longer than a few hours. Now? Well, it's pretty damn awesome.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Mostly for the PvP at this point, i find WoW PvE to be more interesting then what GW2 have to offer there, can't say the same about PvP post 5.0 though

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I'm playing because of combatmode 1.1.

Before I downloaded that, this game could not keep me playing for longer than a few hours. Now? Well, it's pretty damn awesome.
    Combatmode 1.1?

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 11:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Meh. You can say that about almost any MMO out there. GW2 really isn't unique in this regard.

It's just the nature of MMOs since they offer so many modes of play.
    Never said GW2 was unique, just that I see the "nothing to do so I'm sitting on the forums" a lot right now in the GW2 subforum. Heard people talk about too MUCH to do because of dailies in WoW forums.

Never said GW2 was unique, just that I see the "nothing to do so I'm sitting on the forums" a lot right now in the GW2 subforum. Heard people talk about too MUCH to do because of dailies in WoW forums.
    Yea, I am saying GW2 isn't unique in that regard. Quite obviously.

It's the same with all MMOs to one degree or another. Especially on open forums. Typically see gripes about more granular topics on official forums.

That's message boarding for ya.

If someone has "run out of stuff" to do then they should just play more MMOs at once.
    Solves that issue pretty quick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Combatmode 1.1?
    Seems to be a unofficial addon to turn GW2 combat into more ARPG style. Could be interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Seems to be a unofficial addon to turn GW2 combat into more ARPG style. Could be interesting.
    It's basically Tera for GW2. It looks really nice. Is it against the TOS though since they don't support addons?
    BAD WOLF

It's basically Tera for GW2. It looks really nice. Is it against the TOS though since they don't support addons?
    This one is allowed It doesn't actually interact with the game.
    The CM2 changes your UI so until NCsoft okays that it won't be coming out.

source http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...nt_get_banned/
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-04-09 at 11:18 PM.

Heard people talk about too MUCH to do because of dailies in WoW forums.
    WoW not only makes a lot of their dailies mandatory, but they put in way too many of them. I went through that when I still played and I definitely was not having fun in the process. Dailies in WoW are an absolute chore/grind and if you miss even one day of them it can set you back from your goals substantially.

I started to say thank god GW2 isn't that way, but with the addition of laurels they are. Nowhere near as bad as WoW, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    WoW not only makes a lot of their dailies mandatory, but they put in way too many of them. I went through that when I still played and I definitely was not having fun in the process. Dailies in WoW are an absolute chore/grind and if you miss even one day of them it can set you back from your goals substantially.

I started to say thank god GW2 isn't that way, but with the addition of laurels they are. Nowhere near as bad as WoW, of course.
    I don't know, the dailies in GW2 can almost be done just playing normally. It even makes sure you want to add in some variation in your daily life. I think the idea was that people who couldn't play much a day still felt like they kind of completed a daily goal.

I don't know, the dailies in GW2 can almost be done just playing normally. It even makes sure you want to add in some variation in your daily life. I think the idea was that people who couldn't play much a day still felt like they kind of completed a daily goal.
    Agreed. It's not uncommon to accidentally complete a daily.

I rarely find that to be the case, at least for me. I almost always have to go out of my way to get the daily done. Not saying it's difficult, but I certainly don't remember the last time I got one done 'by accident' or through my normal gameplay.

Regardless, it was more of a commentary that if you miss a daily it sets you back on whatever laurel goals you may have. Prior to them adding the laurel currency it really didn't mean much of anything if you missed a daily.

I rarely find that to be the case, at least for me. I almost always have to go out of my way to get the daily done. Not saying it's difficult, but I certainly don't remember the last time I got one done 'by accident' or through my normal gameplay.

Regardless, it was more of a commentary that if you miss a daily it sets you back on whatever laurel goals you may have. Prior to them adding the laurel currency it really didn't mean much of anything if you missed a daily.
    What do you do when you play? Super Adventuring all day?

I don't see why that's an issue, you're not going to get anything for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    Mainly it's the fact that I don't play it allot.
    Some weeks I play a few hours, some not at all, some I play lots.

There's frequent new content, and as there is no monthly fee I can just pop in whenever I want to and have some fun.