Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    The parents are totally at fault here, who the fuck lets their 14 year old take a night bus in a city. Who doesnt teach their 14 year old whats safe and unsafe, and not to talk to strangers. Which she was doing prior to the assult.

Your acting as if were somehow absolving the rapists of their guilt, whereas what most people here are saying, is that the girl shouldnt have been able to get into that position. The fact of the matter is, if her parents didnt suck at being parents this wouldnt have happened.
    So taking a bus is asking to get raped now?

Well if people listen to crap like this and stop doing all the things you people claim are "stupid", the rapists will obviously have to start targeting new areas, which you will then call people "stupid" for going into and getting raped, and eventually we've ceded everywhere to rapists and women are just "stupid" for having vaginas.

This is ridiculous logic, you make it sound like society has designated rape zones. Everywhere should be safe for a young girl to be and the people who are responsible for that not being the case are the fucking RAPISTS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Can we just ignore those people who constantly blame the victim in every rape thread? I don't want to see that ugly argument again.
    That's what every rape case basically comes down to. People blaming the victim and other people arguing against them.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Why weren't they killed on the spot? Come on other people on the bus, get with the program.
    Well, in most places it is a crime to defend yourself or others even if they are in danger. Also, we have this thing called "innocent until proven guilty."

Quote Originally Posted by Rodna View Post
    That's what every rape case basically comes down to. People blaming the victim and other people arguing against them.
    Part of me hopes they don't honestly believe the crap they spout and are just trolling because they know these threads go off like wildfire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Calling people idiots isn't exactly civil but someone has to fill that role I suppose. While it was very risky of her. The girl didn't deserve rape.
    I haven't seen anyone on this thread saying that she deserved it. They merely pointed ways of how someone could potentially be safer at night.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Glasghaaeeeggghh used to be such a nice city too.
    As a Glaswegian, I feel I should say that Glasgow is, and for a long time has been, the European capital of murder, music, knife crime, friendliness, and drugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is ridiculous logic, you make it sound like society has designated rape zones. Everywhere should be safe for a young girl to be and the people who are responsible for that not being the case are the fucking RAPISTS.
    I'd like to live in that Disney world of yours. Actually, even Disney movies aren't as safe as your imaginary world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    I'd like to live in that Disney world of yours. Actually, even Disney movies aren't as safe as your imaginary world.
    He's saying it SHOULD be. No need to be like that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

See your supposed to argue points
    And my point is that riding a bus is not particularly unsafe. See, you're suppose to debate that instead of whining about

Your acting as if were somehow absolving the rapists of their guilt
    No, I'm stating that YOU, TOMMO, are absolving the rapists of their blame. Why? Because you said this:

Most of the blame as with all things, can be placed on her idiot parents.
    No, that's despicable talk from a rape enabler. The blame lies with the rapists. Period.

Were parents irresponsible? Perhaps, I know I would have ensured a trusted guardian/myself is there if it goes that late. But they can't be blamed for the crimes of other people. And certainly if we are to talk about who contributed the most to the crime, it has to be the criminals themselves. It is despicable that you victim blaming rape enablers will come around shifting the "most of the blame" away from these rapists. At least have the decency to not be so explicit about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit happens zero fucks are given - world keeps turning.

In the context of the universe this is... small, but yet we chose to allow this shit to go down.

/golfclap the Western world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    You're acting as if parents can prevent rapes from happening.
    Yes, they can how about accompanying their 14 years old daughter during night? or ensuring that their children stay safe... like parents actually do.

So taking a bus is asking to get raped now?

Well if people listen to crap like this and stop doing all the things you people claim are "stupid", the rapists will obviously have to start targeting new areas, which you will then call people "stupid" for going into and getting raped, and eventually we've ceded everywhere to rapists and women are just "stupid" for having vaginas.

No, but choosing to be alone with two older guys that you dont know is far from wise. Sure you shouldnt expect to get raped in a public place but putting yourself in dangerous situations is fucking retarded. If someone goes swimming with sharks... and gets eaten by a shark do we place no blame on the idiotic victim? OMG IM SUCH A RAPE ENABLER!!!!111!!eleven!!!11!11!!!

I don't really think its "victim blaming" to questions someones actions that let to them being a victim of a crime, provided you still are in favor of prosecution of the criminal. I'm not the most eloquent person so that phrase may fall victim to people who want to see it their way to make a point of it but anyway...

If I left my car running while I went into Wal-Mart for an hour and it was gone when I came back, would you not shake your head at my stupidity, while still supporting my right to prosecute the people who took it (if they found them)?

If I went to a drug den to buy crack and got shot, would you not call me a fool, even while still wanting the shooter to face punishment?

If I get hit by a drunk driver, but I way jaywalking at midnight wearing black while texting with headphones in, wouldn't you laugh at how dumb it is to walk into roads paying no attention, but still want the drunk driver to go to jail?

I guess my point is its possible to discuss how crime can be prevented better, without saying that the person who did not take those preventative measures is "at fault".

Or at least I think it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweden used to be close to that safe before we got fucking filth from third world countries who believe women are offering themselvse to them just because they show some skin.
    There is something called "law," if someone commits a crime and are found guilty then they go to prison (at least this is how it works here). If your system is too damn stupid fix it and stop crying.

Also, this topic wasn't about a. Sweden or b. immigrants in any way or form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or those who think better choices could have been made on the victims part but that the rapists are monsters who need to b dealt with...You guys who scream blame the victim however can't seem to understand the idea that people DO make stupid choices..But that it doesn't mean we don't blame/want to punish the rapists themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Calling someone stupid/irresponsible =/= educating them. It's victim blaming at its finest, suck it up. They're just as bad as the rapists themselves. It's a disgusting mentality that should be abolished, had it been up to me such statements should result in a few years imprisonment.
    Then there is a very good reason it is not up to you. You are a totalitarian tyrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    But where does it end? Do we start critisizing women who tryst their male friends but one of them ends up raping her an idiot fro trusting a friend? Do we antagonize a woman who drinks with her family but then is violated by a stepbrother or father? What about date rape? A woman can only be so cautions without ending up a paranoid freak, which men here on the forum also critisize for due to "generalizations"
    It certainly doesn't end before a case that the victim seemed to demonstrate blatant stupidity and disregard for her own safety in.

So they should be paranoid about just any man and then get called crazy bitch? Really, you people disgust me. You put the blame on the victim.
    Or, we actually want to try and help prevent future cases by calling attention to the vast number of stupid things people do that increase their risk. I can tell a rapist not to rape all day long. He doesn't care; he is scum already. Some random future victim on the other hand may listen and learn and not make a foolish choice to place them self in a position of easy victimization.

You mean people like DEATHETERNAL and fizzbob, who makes up crap about "situations in which rape is likely" in order to blame the rape victim for being raped?

A girl is far more likely to be raped by a friend or family member in a private place, than somewhere public like a bus. Not only are you blaming the victim for being raped, you are using her victimhood as an excuse to frighten future victims away from a situation of relative safety. Not only are you aiding and abetting in the victimization of a rape victim, you are vocally advocating to future victims in harm's way. You're enabling rape.

Being raped on a bus is shocking and terrible and that's why it's news. It's not by any means the typical situation in which rape occurs.
    So you think a young girl going off alone with a couple of unknown young men instead of staying downstairs among lots of random people doesn’t increase the likelihood of victimization? Are you really trying to put that forth?

Teaching people not to put themselves in situations where rape is easy to commit and get away with is enabling rape? Even you can’t be that deluded as to actually believe that tripe. You advocate for blindness. I advocate for common sense. If I get murdered because I was walking around downtown Chicago counting a roll of $100 bills over and over again, it doesn’t matter whether I did anything wrong or whether I deserved it or not or whether It is my fault or not; I would still have done something incredibly stupid like this girl did that increased the odds of me being victimized. Taking my stupidity and using it as an example to teach others not to put themselves in stupid situations wouldn’t be blaming me, it wouldn’t be saying I deserved to be murdered, it is trying to teach them not to make foolish decisions that could lead to my victimization. If you truly can’t understand that, I can’t help you.

I can tell you if my parents had followed me around when I was 14 I'd be trying to shake them off. They have no reason to get involved in where I'm going or what I'm doing to the point they're gonna follow me around.
    If you didn't have the common sense to act safely like this girl obviously didn’t, they would have very good reason to follow you around.
    Last edited by DEATHETERNAL; 2013-04-03 at 02:32 AM.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

I haven't seen anyone on this thread saying that she deserved it. They merely pointed ways of how someone could potentially be safer at night.
    Telling a rape victim that it's her fault, amounts to basically the same thing.

Yes, they can how about accompanying their 14 years old daughter during night? or ensuring that their children stay safe... like parents actually do.
    My sisters walked home from school when they were that age.(Read, only about 10 years ago) nothing happened. This is nothing but two sick ass men that deserve the deepest circle of Hell.

You realise sitting there blatently insulting someone and calling them a rape enabler is fucking bang out of order.
    If you find being a rape enabler insulting, then don't be one.

Also:
    See your supposed to argue points

10+ Year Old Account
    Telling a rape victim that it's her fault, amounts to basically the same thing.
    Where has ANYONE said such things? I'm sorry but you seem to be reading into things..But then again what else is new.

I swear i know rape victims...and the most stable(aka the ones who have recovered, moved on with their lives and are working/going to school getting marriedan d so on) are ALL of the mindset shit happens..It's wrong it's twisted the men should be punished but shit happens and they moved on.

I'm betting pretty much all of them would be closer to victim blamers then anyone here is.

Shit happens. SHOULD it happen? NO not at all. But it does so asking people to try and be a bit safer/smarter is what we want. We also want those bastards to be put outta the worlds misery.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 02:37 AM ----------

If you find being a rape enabler insulting, then don't be one.

Also:
    Then why don't you stop being so prone to seeing things that aren't there.