10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    In-game graphics is not a painting. Shouldn't judge it by a screenshot.
    Also true. Some details are almost unnoticeable or drastically changed in motion, other details pop up that cannot be seen in a static image. Neverwinter Nights 1 looks very bad on a screenshot, for example; it is the smoothness of animations that makes playing it bearable even today, 13 years after release.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Ah okay i didn't know that, so the books are inspired of the whole relation between the witcher "order" and the rest of mankind. Any decent books you could recommend preferably in dutch or english as my polish is limited to vodka brands and a few common words.
    There are 8 Witcher books in total, and 5 of them are linked together, so it's not like you get to choose, even more so considering that, from what I know, not all have been translated, not to mention that the translation is pretty bad. English translation of Sword of Destiny (one of the 2 short stories collections) is supposedly coming out in May, so I'd hold out for that if I were you. The Last Wish had been translated ages ago, so you could start with that, but again, the translation is poor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wit.../1100-6426306/ this and the fact that theres multiple endings makes it so worth it
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted
    Blue choice to control the hunt, red to destroy it and green to merge the magical deathelves with the bitchingelves of the witcher universe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Blue choice to control the hunt, red to destroy it and green to merge the magical deathelves with the bitchingelves of the witcher universe?
    Ugh, I know you're joking but I seriously hope it ends up nothing like the ME3 ending.

Deleted
    True, it should end with "it was all a dream" and then the alarmclock wakes up Geralt to go to work.

Well it could always have a "Lost" ending

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well it could always have a "Lost" ending
    I'd like to see a Sopranos ending for Witcher. Heh.

Deleted
    Well, we can assume that atleast one of the endings will be Geralt dying. I wonder if it will be an execution where the player will be able to choose between different ways to end it. I would like a selection, maybe even pick and mix it. Being hanged with barbed wire perhaps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, we can assume that atleast one of the endings will be Geralt dying. I wonder if it will be an execution where the player will be able to choose between different ways to end it. I would like a selection, maybe even pick and mix it. Being hanged with barbed wire perhaps.
    The game ending with the player getting executed and then having credits roll would be a refreshing take on it for sure.

Deleted
    Not even an epilogue? Oh zealo, you are tickling me.

Quote Originally Posted by prdf View Post
    How many hours of gameplay it offers?

(this looks really epic, need an urgent upgrade on my desktop)
    I've seen interviews tossing around 200 hours. Obviously no one can really say for sure, but I think the idea is Skyrim levels of game play.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, it should end with "it was all a dream" and then the alarmclock wakes up Geralt to go to work.
    Err, Geralt doesn't work. Geralt only kills and bangs! Sometimes both.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I've seen interviews tossing around 200 hours. Obviously no one can really say for sure, but I think the idea is Skyrim levels of game play.
    Pretty exciting but also kind of worrying for me personally. In Skyrim I ended up just exploring around and never being interested enough to follow the story. Eventually I'd explore and explore until I got bored. I've literally never beaten Skyrim (the main story).

If the Witcher 3 manages Skyrim levels of exploration and side quests, while managing an engaging story...this could dethrone Bloodborne as my current GOTY.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Err, Geralt doesn't work. Geralt only kills and bangs! Sometimes both.
    Well that place is as good as any for a necrophiliac.

Quote Originally Posted by aiko-chan View Post
    Pretty exciting but also kind of worrying for me personally. In Skyrim I ended up just exploring around and never being interested enough to follow the story. Eventually I'd explore and explore until I got bored. I've literally never beaten Skyrim (the main story).

If the Witcher 3 manages Skyrim levels of exploration and side quests, while managing an engaging story...this could dethrone Bloodborne as my current GOTY.
    One of the previews from Gamestar had something related to this that worried me. Overall his impressions were HUGELY positive, but he commented that due to the open world nature of the game the pacing could be difficult for some (not verbatim). This is my major problem with open world games, especially ones that are story and character-driven. Is the game designed so that switching between main and side quests is fluid? Will I get whiplash going from wyvern slaying back to intense political struggles? The guy who previewed the game did mention that side quests were well done with branching storylines so hopefully quests are either loosely connected or well executed. I probably need a little more discipline for open world games, but I too find myself getting bored without some semblance of structure.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 month and 15 days to go until this awesome game is on my computer, btw can my computer handle it? i5 3570k @ 3.8 770 SC ACX Cooling with 3GB, also have 16 gigs of ram
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2015-04-05 at 04:09 AM.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    1 month and 15 days to go until this awesome game is on my computer, btw can my computer handle it? i5 3570k @ 3.8 770 SC ACX Cooling with 3GB, also have 16 gigs of ram
    Yes your computer can handle it. You may not be able to max everything out at Ultra, but you should be able to easily play it on High settings I would think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Yes your computer can handle it. You may not be able to max everything out at Ultra, but you should be able to easily play it on High settings I would think.
    Ah cool, glad to hear that XD thought i'd have to break my bank getting a new card

I never played the 1st or 2nd Witcher but this 3rd Witcher is peaking my interests. Can anyone who is a vet of the series help me out with it? For starters, are there items to collect through your journeys, like new weapons, armor, etc like a typical rpg that enhance your character and if so, how prevalent is it? Reason I ask is because I recently played Bloodborne and while it was fun, it didn't give you anything to look forward to or go after with its severely limited item system which kind of killed it for me.

Also, is there any form of a skill system or different types of skills such as magic that you can obtain besides the melee combat we all obviously see in videos an what not. Is there any sort of skill progression system? Is there a class system? Any helps appreciated as I'm eager to try this and may even go back and play the previous titles